Rumor is West Coast Avenegrs is coming back 2006 who should be on the roster?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

the Darkone
Rumor is West Coast Avengers is coming back in 2006 who should be on the roster?

King_Mungi
Where did you hear this?

Alright if Bendis is going to disband or kill Alpha Flight , it should be them on the team.

Scoobless
well the Avengers like to have an even 7 members.... so.....

is Hawkeye alive again or not? if he is i could see him being the leader... if not Wasp could lead

along with:

Hercules (i'm pretty sure he loves being an Avenger)
Nova (Richard Rider, i think he deserves a shot)
Warbird
Mach IV (if he leaves the T-Bolts)
Starfox
Fire-Star

a reasonably rounded line up.... unless they can get Quasar to join... that'd be cool

golem370
What about Sentry or Current Juggernaut.

the Darkone
How about this line up

Black Panther
Sersi
Wonder Man
Hawk Eye
Justice
Namor
wasp

reserves
Hercules
Us. agent

Scoobless
I don't see Black Panther joining again any time soon... Justice never really worked well in the Avengers, Namor laughed at Cap last time he was asked to join and Hawkeye might srill be dead

golem370
How about instead of Black Panther Agent Zero.

ScarletSpider
Black Panther doesn't really belong on the WCA. I'm the king of a country! Guess I'll hang out in California.

I'd rather see the Champions return (which has been hinted at too). Or a combination of the teams, such as the Champions being the name of a West Coast branch of super-heroes that get together with the Avengers (the east coast branch) to chill and exchange info.

Adam Warlock
Ahhhh... I kinda remember who was on the Champions roster. Ghost Rider, Black Widow, Hercules, Iceman, Archangel, and Darkstar. Correct me if I'm wrong. That would be cool.

Fishy 500
Any excuse to post my Dream Team:

Black Bolt
Drax
Iron Man/Vison
Polaris / Storm
Human Torch / Ice man
Cable
Captain Ammerica
Taskmaster

smile

armandovalles
Wonder Man: along with US Agent, was pretty much the leader of the original West Coast Avengers, so he has to be here.

Wasp and Hank Pym: they were classic Avengers and they are no longer on the Avengers roster, so they should be put here.

Hercules: he loves being an Avenger, so much that he even sided with the Avengers over his fellow Olympians once. He deserves to be an Avenger again.

Nova (Richard Rider): i agree with Scoob, i think Nova deserves a shot at being an Avenger. He has never been one, and i think he deserves it.

Hawkeye: he would probly be the leader of this team of Avengers im making right now. He's like Cap in alot of ways: he's a street-level peak-human guy, who isnt afraid to mix it up with stronger foes, and is a great leader and tactician.

Warbird: she's on and off with the New T-Bolts, but lately she really hasnt been seen, so i think Carol should join the West Coast Avengers.

RESERVES:
Falcon
Starfox
Black Panther

Creshosk
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Where did you hear this?

Alright if Bendis is going to disband or kill Alpha Flight , it should be them on the team. Funny hw close the events might be to one another, seeing as how its December and all.

Disappear
hawkeye IS alive, and ISN'T a peak-human...

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Creshosk
Funny hw close the events might be to one another, seeing as how its December and all.

Well apparently Marvel is suppose to be doing something big with Northstar, I'm just hoping they do something to the actual good members of Alpha Flight.

Lucid Lui
Hopefully, the Alpha Flight teams just gets turned into another branch of Avengers. That's better than them being dead or dis-banding.

But i can't see that happening...

Piedmon
Yeah, I'm having trouble seeing a bunch of Canucks up and moving out to California.

There's also a lot to wonder about with Hawkeye. Sure, evidence points to him having been truly resurrected, but why hasn't he opted to reveal himself? Why stay hidden? He certainly wasn't acting very friendly to the Avengers by sending that "message." (Especially if you read into the subtext behind the newspaper clipping.)

What might be a cool idea is Hawkeye setting up a more "traditional" team of Avengers over on the West Coast. While Cap's team is out of the public eye, and more geared towards dirty jobs and international intrigue, Hawkeye's team is the new American Sweethearts, doing it old fashioned and protecting the public from the big, unhidden but overwhelmingly powerful threats.

Due to the handling of the whole Wanda thing, plus the new direction Cap is steering the Avengers in, I could see a conflict of ideals/ideologies between the two teams. Sort of like the X-Men's "schism" a couple years back between the Morrison/Claremont teams.

This roster should include....

1. Hawkeye
2. Thor
3. She-Hulk
4. Wonder Man
5. U.S War Machine
6. Black Widow

Probably not going to happen like that, but if I was writing, those are the characters I'd ask for.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
Hopefully, the Alpha Flight teams just gets turned into another branch of Avengers. That's better than them being dead or dis-banding.

But i can't see that happening...

Avengers North does have a ring to itsmile

Originally posted by Piedmon
Yeah, I'm having trouble seeing a bunch of Canucks up and moving out to California.

Why? a bunch of Canucks have moved from Canada to New York to join the X-Men, so why is that unbelievable?

Deadpool, Gravitron, Sabertooth, Weapon X , Wildchild , Aurora , etc.. are all Canadians who moved around.

Piedmon
Deadpool and Sabretooth are mercenaries, so it's natural they'd move around... Graviton's a super-villain, and the others were all employed by a government program that answers to the united governments of Canada, USA, and the United Kingdom.

Alpha Flight is a nationalist superhero team for Canada the way The Avengers indellibly stand for America. Plus, unlike the bloodthirsty villains or rootless shadow-operatives you mentioned, they have roots, friends and family in Canada, I'm sure. Why would they give all that up to go be superheroes in America?

Scoobless
Alpha Flight is a nationalist superhero team for Canada the way The Avengers indellibly stand for America.

no they don't..... a lot of their members aren't even American.... they even became independent from the US

King_Mungi
Deadpool and Sabretooth are mercenaries, so it's natural they'd move around... Graviton's a super-villain, and the others were all employed by a government program that answers to the united governments of Canada, USA, and the United Kingdom.

Alpha Flight is a nationalist superhero team for Canada the way The Avengers indellibly stand for America. Plus, unlike the bloodthirsty villains or rootless shadow-operatives you mentioned, they have roots, friends and family in Canada, I'm sure. Why would they give all that up to go be superheroes in America?

Like really many Alpha FLight members have moved around such as Marrina to the Avengers, Wildchild to X-Factor and Weapon X, Northstar to the X-Men, Wolverine to the X-Men, Deadpool did work for Department H. When they worked for Canada at the time they wern't mercenaries just agents. Deadpool stopped being one and wanted help from Sasquatch. Shaman at the start of Alpha Flight vol.2 was living in Alaska helping people out. There was even a trail in vol.1 where had AF on trail, because the government felt they didn't have the country as their first priority. Since they were saving global problems not domestic.

Naaaa...they were Canada's team while they were with the governement. However, they consider themselves as global protectors, but they love their country of course. Actually Guardian moved to New York for good, he even met Captain America.

Piedmon
Hey, tell that to Captain America. Or Silver Samurai. Or the thousands who turned up to mourn the deaths of Hawkeye, Vision, etc. after Disassembled.

And yes, it's true many Avengers came from foreign countries, such as Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver. But then, so do many Americans.

The Avengers were Americans, if not by birth than by livelyhood. They made public appearances and performed charity gigs for American crowds. Just as recently as New Avengers #13, Japanese criminals are confronted by the Avengers and yell, "American superheroes!? What are you doing here!?"

Whatever their personal origins, the Avengers are viewed by the American public and by the public of the world at large as American Icons, and their actions abroad do reflect on the perception of America's government.

golem370
The Team
Captain America
Black Bolt
Polaris
Captain Britian
Current Juggernaut
Iron Man
Sersi
Hawkeye
Spider-Man
Quicksilver

Scoobless
never happen.... Black Bolt will never join the Avengers... and i doubt they'd take Juggernaut.... and why would Cap A join the West Coast branch?

King_Mungi
Captain Britian
Current Juggernaut

They are already with New Excalibur

Scoobless
it's BRITAIN... not Britian *grumble*

King_Mungi
Meh! I just copied and pasted his text so I wouldn't have to type it out myself.

Piedmon
It's called working SMARTER, not HARDER. =p

golem370
But that a hell of a team though.

ScarletSpider
I'd rather She-Hulk and Hawkeye stay out of the Avengers for now and reside in She-Hulk's own book.

For a west-coast based team, Wonder Man is always a viable option. I would like to see Angel and Ice Man too, if they bring back the Champions name. Angel may be depowered, but I'd like to see him as a goodKingpin/Oracle, financing the team and getting them their information and such. Ghost Rider is just too convoluted at the current time to be included. I'm going to pick up his mini-series when it hits shelves in TPB form, but I read the first issue and the reworked history wouldn't fit, probably.

Firebird, Silverclaw, Justice and Firestar would all be viable members, I think. Since they killed off Mimic in Exiles, and I really like his powers, I'd like to see 616 Mimic turn into a probationary member.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.