Gladiator,Magni and Sentry vs Pre Crisis Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
The Supermen vs Pre Crisis Superman who wins.

Juntai
Superman.

BobbyD
PC Supes.....rolls a planet into them like a bowling ball hitting the 8, 9, 10 pin. Spare!

golem370
Gladiator hit the Planet and shatters it next?

Melnorme
Originally posted by golem370
Gladiator hit the Planet and shatters it next?

What's a Magni?

BobbyD
And PC supes "glues" it together with heat vision before Glads notices it and hurls it back going for the strike this time.

The Ion
Gladiator, Magni and Sentry are still bound by somewhat decent writing. When it comes to Supes all bets are off. laughing

Juntai
Gladiator hit the Planet and shatters it next? Superman is far far far stronger than that. He can BLOW giant stars away. Many many times the mass of a planet.
He can pick up and THROW planets.
Superman is faster too.

golem370
He is faster then Warp Speed?

BobbyD
Interesting question, Golem. However, PC Supes' writer would cue in "warp speed", and I think you mean light speed and greater, if necessary.

Juntai
He is faster then Warp Speed? He's as fast as he needed to be. He could get from Earth to the wall at the edge of the universe in a single panel. He could time travel and alternate between dimensions as well.

Melnorme
Originally posted by Juntai
Superman is far far far stronger than that. He can BLOW giant stars away. Many many times the mass of a planet.
He can pick up and THROW planets.
Superman is faster too.

Yeah, I hate to be a party pooper to the whole "PreCrisis Superman pwnz" crowd, but I just don't buy that "blowing out a star" crappola. Fiirst of all, there's no air in space...so what exactly is he blowing? "Oh, he's got all the air in his lungs, super-compressed," you say? Oookay, where'd he get that from? Sucked all the air off planet Earth? That wouldn't even be enough. Hell, even with a sufficiently large puff of wind, it's not possible. It's a star, not just a really really big candle. Totally different mechanism for being "lit".

That nonsense is pure PIS.

golem370
Gladiator
Intelligence: Above normal
Strength: Incalculable
Speed: Supersonic
Flight Speed: Warp speed
Stamina: Demi-godlike
Durability: Demi-godlike
Agility: Metahuman
Reflexes: Metahuman
Fighting Skills: Excellent hand-to-hand combatant

Magni-Intelligence: Above Normal (5/10)

Strength: Incalculable (12/12)

Speed: Superhuman (6/10)

Flight Speed: Unrevealed, probably Escape Velocity (9/12)

Stamina: Godlike (9/10)

Durability: Metahuman (9/14)

Agility: Superhuman (6/7)

Reflexes: Superhuman (6/7)

Fighting Skills: Moderate proficiency at hand to hand combat

Juntai
Originally posted by Melnorme
Yeah, I hate to be a party pooper to the whole "PreCrisis Superman pwnz" crowd, but I just don't buy that "blowing out a star" crappola. Fiirst of all, there's no air in space...so what exactly is he blowing? "Oh, he's got all the air in his lungs, super-compressed," you say? Oookay, where'd he get that from? Sucked all the air off planet Earth? That wouldn't even be enough. Hell, even with a sufficiently large puff of wind, it's not possible. It's a star, not just a really really big candle. Totally different mechanism for being "lit".

That nonsense is pure PIS. Exactly he didn't have to make sense. Pre C Superman is NOT bound by logic, in any manner. And that much is NOT PIS, it happened all the time.

golem370
The Sentry's powers are derived from a serum which causes his molecules to step an instant ahead of the current timeline. Though most of his powers and their limits are still unknown, he has displayed several abilities similarly possessed by DC's Superman. Such are super-strength, super-speed, invulnerability, and flight. Aside from those mentioned, he can also project energy fields, control light, and has vast psychic and mental forces mainly used for holding his physical powers together, though it is not yet mentioned whether the Sentry can use them the way Professor X and other psychics use theirs; the only psychic abilities he had displayed so far is implanting his memories inside Paul Jenkins' mind and calming the fury of the Hulk.

It may be theorized that the Sentry also has the ability to produce hard-light constructs similar to those of Dazzler's when it was revealed that the Void is a just an expression of his repressed persona, and thus his creation.

With Marvel dubbing The Sentry as the world's most powerful superhero, and with the serum causing a photosynthetic reaction to his body, completely altering his state of consciousness, it is nonetheless conceivable that Sentry's powers are limitless, and may even rival those of the Silver Surfer's and

Juntai
An example of Superman not being bound by logic.

Melnorme
Exactly he didn't have to make sense. Pre C Superman is NOT bound by logic, in any manner. And that much is NOT PIS, it happened all the time.

Yeah, well. Unfortunately debates are bound by logic, and must make sense, so...where does that leave PC Supes?

Nerf, plz.

Juntai
Superman blowing a star.

BobbyD
Golem, its okay. I like Gladiator too, but picture like Hulk Hogan winning in wrestling all the time against 3 powerful opponents who at the same time should have easily handed him his ass. That's how it was like.

WHATCHA GONNA DO BROTHA..........

Juntai
Superman inventing...

Juntai
Superman using the invention and making shit up.

Melnorme
Superman blowing a star.

Do I see a guy in a tweed blazer whipping PreCrisis Superman off his feet? Ha! I think that panel just worked against you.

Melnorme
Is this how you debate? When cornered by sound and irrefutable logic, you spam a few pages of irrelevant comics? I can't believe they let you own a computer, let alone post here...

Juntai
Do I see a guy in a tweed blazer whipping PreCrisis Superman off his feet? Ha! I think that panel just worked against you. Yeah, it sure did.

Juntai
Is this how you debate? When cornered by sound and irrefutable logic, you spam a few pages of irrelevant comics? I can't believe they let you own a computer, let alone post here... The comics are the median by which we argue.
And Pre Crisis Superman defied logic.
Which is what I'm showing.

Where am I cornered?
Are you a complete ****ing idiot or what?

Melnorme
Yeah, it sure did.

This is what I love about arguing with people like you. You don't even realize when you've lost, and everyone's laughing at you. laughing

Juntai
Superman breath.

Melnorme
The comics are the median by which we argue.
And Pre Crisis Superman defied logic.
Which is what I'm showing.

Where am I cornered?
Are you a complete ****ing idiot or what?

I guess the answer to that would be "what".

And did you mean "medium"? laughing

Juntai
This is what I love about arguing with people like you. You don't even realize when you've lost, and everyone's laughing at you. laughing I haven't lost anything.

Juntai
I guess the answer to that would be "what".

And did you mean "medium"? laughing Yes, medium. Typo.

The point is, I'm proving Superman isn't bound by the laws of phyics or logic.
Those other coppies however... are.
With that. Superman wins.

The characters named are barely a match for CURRENT Superman, let alone the one that made shit up!

Melnorme
I haven't lost anything.

Of course you haven't, Slappy! Post some more panels! That'll be sure to win the really discerning minds over to your side! laughing

And you asked, how are you cornered?

Debate: A formalized system of logical argument.

Without logic, all you've got is irrelevant supposition.

Game, set, match. Call me when you figure it out, or if you need an extra hint.

Juntai
Superman showing off molecular changing capabilities by looking at a bullet and transforming it into light.

Juntai
Of course you haven't, Slappy! Post some more panels! That'll be sure to win the really discerning minds over to your side! laughing

And you asked, how are you cornered?

Debate: A formalized system of logical argument.

Without logic, all you've got is irrelevant supposition.

Game, set, match. Call me when you figure it out, or if you need an extra hint. But you're not debating at all, you're just trying to call me stupid by proving that Superman defies logic, which I've done over and over.

These characters cannot win against someone who makes shit up in nearly every issue.

In one issue, Superman was identified as Gods son and became omnipotent.

golem370
Is it logical for a man to survive a A force of gods like the asgards. Is it Logical to have a semi Truck run into somebody completly full of gasoline and walk away from it like nothing happened.Is it logical when somebody keeps fighting after he is striped of his flesh?

Juntai
Is it logical for a man to survive a A force of gods like the asgards. Is it Logical to have a semi Truck run into somebody completly full of gasoline and walk away from it like nothing happened.Is it logical when somebody keeps fighting after he is striped of his flesh? Apprenently you haven't been reading the scans. Normally, comic characters are held to standards. Earlier in the thread, you saw Superman inside of a building, tap the floor with his foot, and clear across town, a piece of the road pops up and tosses a car over so police can catch him. Without damaging anything in between. It doesn't make sense, even by comic standards.

Then in another he invented a giant TV that could pick up primitive earth signals, and then waved his belt and made a city immune to telepathy.

roughrider
Originally posted by The Ion
Gladiator, Magni and Sentry are still bound by somewhat decent writing. When it comes to Supes all bets are off. laughing

Exactly. No point in debates or threads about PC Superman; I've given up.

Juntai
Originally posted by roughrider
Exactly. No point in debates or threads about PC Superman; I've given up. Which is why I wonder why they keep popping up.

golem370
Silver Surfer can manipulate molecules and they're saying Sentry rivals Silver Surfer in power. What does it mean when someone is attributed limitless power?

roughrider
Which is why I wonder why they keep popping up.

Some fans won't stop. Why do we see Wolverine vs. any super-cosmic power etc. over and over? Fanboy mentality. roll eyes (sarcastic)

The Ion
Silver Surfer can manipulate molecules and they're saying Sentry rivals Silver Surfer in power. What does it mean when someone is attributed limitless power?
Not much considering everyone in comics is attributed limitless power at some point or another. For all practical purposes, Cyclops has limitless power. Doesn't mean he's taking down Supes.

The Ion
Which is why I wonder why they keep popping up.
Because certain people here seem to enjoy bringing DC characters down a notch.

Magic_attack
Pre-crisis Superman creating his own math...

http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/7462/supermathematics1iw6ve.th.jpg

Juntai
Originally posted by Magic_attack

http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/7462/supermathematics1iw6ve.th.jpg lol.

Melnorme
Originally posted by Magic_attack

http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/7462/supermathematics1iw6ve.th.jpg

PC Superman = IMBA. Nerf, k thx.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.