who could help Spidey take out Morlun?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

XerxesLogan
If you were writing the Other series, who would you bring in to help Peter? Why? And how would it help?

DarkCrawler
Venom.

Because he wants to kill Spider-Man himself and not let anyone else to do that. And he is not totemistic being, so Morlun would not have as much effect on him as he has on Spidey.

The Ion
Namor. I bet his eyes taste like crap from all the salt water exposure.

DarkCrawler
laughing out loud

*Pthui* "What the hell have you done to your eyes!?"

DigiMark007
The Venom team-up was already done. It was called Maximum Carnage. Yeah, they could do it again, but I'd hope the writers are more inventive than that. Maybe Spidey could call on his New Avenger friends. I bet Sentry would whup the pants off-a Morlun....hehe.

Nah, I think Parker finds a way to reverse the tables and absorb Morlun and in doing so gets a large power upgrade ("The Amazing Totem Being" anyone??).

-DM

P.S. If that actually happens, you heard the rumor here first!

brainchild81
I really hope they don't make Spidey too powerful.

Arahan
Why not? I dont want him a Class 100 at mach speed dodging monster but it wouldnt be that bad when he gets some power boosts.

DigiMark007
I just read an off-shoot comic of "ASM" (still continuity though) where Peter was wondering about his spider-sense, and the vague feeling that he is connected to something greater through it. It's during a series of encounters with (supposedly) a Buddhist god seeking vengeance, that helps him bring down some criminals.

In any case, I have a theory that the spider-sense is much more profound than we realize. My first instinct is to guess it's a toned-down version of cosmic awareness, but that seems too easy (and also a bit outlandish at the same time). But if there's any upgrades, don't be surprised if it's connected to the spider-sense.

thesilverspider
Originally posted by DigiMark007
I just read an off-shoot comic of "ASM" (still continuity though) where Peter was wondering about his spider-sense, and the vague feeling that he is connected to something greater through it. It's during a series of encounters with (supposedly) a Buddhist god seeking vengeance, that helps him bring down some criminals.

In any case, I have a theory that the spider-sense is much more profound than we realize. My first instinct is to guess it's a toned-down version of cosmic awareness, but that seems too easy (and also a bit outlandish at the same time). But if there's any upgrades, don't be surprised if it's connected to the spider-sense.

yea it would make some sense as long as they keep it interesting and not overpower the spidersense.

DigiMark007
I'm thinking some sort of heightened empathic abilities and an understanding of what they are....just enough to let him stop more crimes, but also feel the pain of those around him. They like making Parker suffer.

thesilverspider
Originally posted by DigiMark007
I'm thinking some sort of heightened empathic abilities and an understanding of what they are....just enough to let him stop more crimes, but also feel the pain of those around him. They like making Parker suffer.

i dont know any other hero who has it this bad.thats part of what make's him who he is.

Arahan
How about recognising people with the spider sense.
If he fights someone often enough his spider sense could save the way it tingles and peter could recognize some eone like the Green Goblin on the way how his spider sense tingles-

Or some kind of telepathy defense. If anyone wants to read his mind his spider sense could go an rechannel the attempt throwing back to the telepath with a little pain to the user. So next time when PRof X wants to read his mind he gets some serious headaches.

thesilverspider
Originally posted by Arahan
How about recognising people with the spider sense.
If he fights someone often enough his spider sense could save the way it tingles and peter could recognize some eone like the Green Goblin on the way how his spider sense tingles-

Or some kind of telepathy defense. If anyone wants to read his mind his spider sense could go an rechannel the attempt throwing back to the telepath with a little pain to the user. So next time when PRof X wants to read his mind he gets some serious headaches.

hey you just hit something but what if spidey gets a similar power like morlun has that lets him find the same person he has come in contact with no matter where they are.then he use's this to find norman osborn and kill his ass.then parker finds his baby its about time something good happens for him.

Arahan
lol

I thought the baby was declared death. Died at the birth.
May "Spidergirl" Parker is from a other continuity where Pete lose his leg.

Piedmon
Wolverine and Captain America are both good choices.

thesilverspider
lol

I thought the baby was declared death. Died at the birth.
May "Spidergirl" Parker is from a other continuity where Pete lose his leg.
so what who in comics really stays dead doc ock died in the 90's and he still up

thesilverspider
Originally posted by Piedmon
Wolverine and Captain America are both good choices.
wolverine maybe cap not 2 sure he might just get in the way

Piedmon
Cap's got more than enough moves to "keep up" with Spidey.

But I was thinking more along the lines of him being a straight-laced, stiff-type to play against Spidey's loose, comic style.

thesilverspider
but against a guy like morlun i dont think cap brings anything 2 this fight

Arahan
Venom is the man

brainchild81
Why not? I dont want him a Class 100 at mach speed dodging monster but it wouldnt be that bad when he gets some power boosts. I honestly think he was cool enough before the organics. I don't mind maybe a strength or speed boost, but if Spidey gets too powerful his fights won't be as exciting.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.