mandalorians

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

calvin44
the only mandalorians i saw in the movies were boba and jango and the clones. where there any more?

overlord
They weren't mandalorians..

Dark Envy
Originally posted by overlord
They weren't mandalorians..

Jango and Boba was a mandalorian.

mace=badass
Originally posted by Dark Envy
Jango and Boba was a mandalorian.

Jango and Boba was one person?

Oh I think you meant to the...
Jango and Boba were mandalorians.

Atlantis001
Why they were mandalorians ? From were did you get this information ?

Dark Envy
Originally posted by Atlantis001
Why they were mandalorians ? From were did you get this information ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jango_Fett

And heck, Boba got to be a Mandalore.

Captain REX
Oh dear god, not this again. We have the same problem with the Sith.

Jango and Boba are not Mandalorians by blood, but by organization.

Dark Envy
Originally posted by Captain REX
Oh dear god, not this again. We have the same problem with the Sith.

Jango and Boba are not Mandalorians by blood, but by organization.

yes Wait, Rex, please confirm this for me. Mandalorian are not race but cultures yes?

calvin44
in the book AOTC, its said he was a mandalroian. there is no real mandalorian race.

overlord
What kind of culture is left wich has been picked up by them? I guess they had a thing for mandelorians because they just used some fine looking armor but apart from that, they were merely bounty hunters.

Oh, wait if IG-88 wore their armor, he'd be mandolerian! Damn..

But seriously, what organisation?

Council#13
giving out free mandalorians?! OH MY GOD *runs out and gets hit by a car*

overlord
New joke? *runs out and slaps the shit out of council#13*

Council#13
New joke? *runs out and slaps the shit out of council#13*

bring it on! Happy Dance rolling on floor laughing tank

Paola
overlord: no offensive language, please

overlord
It is clear I don't mean it, but great to see you contribute to the forum though! Happy Dance

exanda kane
Jango grew up on Concord Dawn, the supposed Mandalorian homeworld correct? (although I myself doubt its there actual homeworld in KOTOR times etc.)

And as Boba is Jango's replica he could be called Mandalorian (although purely if Jango can be classed as Mandalorian).

henniestevens
I think mandalorians are a culture and they are just humans.
jango was a mandalorian and taught his son to be a mandalorian as well.
Because they couldn't fight wars in their time. They became bounty hunters.

Captain REX
Originally posted by Paola
overlord: no offensive language, please

I think Council should get a notice on not making irrelevent posts as well, Paola. yes

But seriously, what organisation?

Prior to AOTC, Jango worked with a group of Mandalorians (by blood) and their organization of mercenaries. Jango led them for a short while before the Jedi screwed them over and their rivals sold them into slavery, which Jango managed to get out of. I don't know much about it.

Originally posted by calvin44
in the book AOTC, its said he was a mandalroian. there is no real mandalorian race.

*buzzer sounds* Wrong! There IS a Mandalorian race. From the planet Mandalore, led by the Mandalore? The designs for Jango's and Boba's armor came from this race and their planet. They kinda slipped into the background after the Mandalorian Wars that the Jedi fought against them.

Ganner Rhysode
The Mandalorian's are as different from humans as Corellian's are from Nabooians. (spelling? >_> Actual word?)

They're both homosapiens, but they are different races, much like a black person and a white person are today.

Veneficus
How can Mandalorians not be humans? They look alike, have the save bodies has humans, hell they are no differnt some humans except that they seem slightly homicidal and are addicted to combat.

Alkaselzer
Who said they weren't human?

Ganner Rhysode

Captain REX
Oh, well, duh. Whoever said that there are no such things as Mandalorians...go eat a cyanide laced pie of sweety crunchy doom...

Mandalorians are pretty kickass.

Council#13
It is clear I don't mean it, but great to see you contribute to the forum though! Happy Dance

yes it is

overlord
Uhm.. What?

As for the Mandelorians; yeah, I guess it is more of a clan or 'organisation' as people of different races were in it.
Still a bit odd that they aren't extinct..

exanda kane
Well people migrate - especially since in KOTOR they are pretty much defeated and all become mercenaries, and its a big galaxy.

Bespin Bart
Apparently they were still around, just kinda...staying on their homeworld. Boba Fett, apparently (in all his revived glory), went to Mandalore and was recognized as a strong leader.

Also, some sources list the Mandalorians facing near extinction after participating as elite taskforces for the Republic during the Clone Wars. And I don't mean Clonetroopers...

calvin44
mandalorians are a "herd" or "clan" of humans. remember in kotor, canderous was a human, and in kotor 2 he was the mandalore.

DarthMaul9123
SW Databank says that he has the helmet of mandalore is this true?

overlord
Why not? It certainly looks like it.. He probably purchased it somewhere.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.