-=- Whats a HydroSpan? -=-

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Koala MeatPie
I'v herd of this ool many times... SOnds liek a wrench for droids or anything else.. Somebody? help?

Captain REX
The hydrospanner was a type of common hand tool used as an all-purpose socket wrench and bit driver. It was used to tighten or loosen types of fasteners, such as nuts, bolts, and multiple sizes of screws and pins. Hydrospanners were in common use throughout the Galaxy. They were used in the building, repairing, and dismantling of any mechanical device or structure like droids, equipment, starships, and related works of engineering.

Koala MeatPie
Wow, I must really start to re-read myself.

Should say:

"I'v herd of this tool many times... Sounds like a wrench for droids or anything else.. Somebody? help?"

And wow, thanx on the explaination.

Council#13
giving out free hydrospans?! OH MY GOD *runs out door and gets hit by car*

Captain REX
No problem, Koala. big grin

Koala MeatPie
One more thing... I seached for pictures of hydrospanners, and only found a picture of "Pin The HyrdoSpanner on the Reverse power Coupling" And some lego stuff...

Anybody have on or can draw one please?

http://www.starwars.com/community/fun/caption/2005/02/captions20050201.html

Captain REX
You googled it, didn't you? stick out tongue

I was trying to find a good shot of one after your request for information. I'll keep searching.

Captain REX
The best I could find was this toy hydrospanner from the 3/4" action figures.

http://www.rebelscum.com/POTJ/POTJacc-misc-anakin.jpg

So, looks something like that.

Koala MeatPie
Wow Thanx a lot

Hum, Intresting, Ounce again, Thanx.

Because I am getting very curious about this tool... Anybody know how it works? (I am majoring in Product Design... VERY curious)

Alkaselzer
All we have on how it works is this...from the same source Rex got his info...

A hydospanner worked by using a small yet powerful hydraulic compessor to turn a rotary driver which could be fitted with different types of standard bits. The driver was powerful enough to drive screws through duraplast and transparisteel. It could be powered either internally or externally.

Koala MeatPie
Hum, So Its like the Power Tool From MAster Craft which has 2 speeds and when it detects its too hard, goes hyper and can even un screw old rusty screws.

Only Form Master Craft.

Captain REX
Pretty much, I guess.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.