Namor vs Juggernaut

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

joesha28
Battle in the seas...

Namor, said to be the undisputed Champion in the waters, could be defeated by the Unstoppable Juggernaut?

grey fox
Stalemate.

As strong as namor get's juggernaut will be stronger.......

But as we know it takes a hell of a lot to kick namors ass when their underwater.

Hulk_Power
Juggernaut kills him. Well that's only if it's classic Juggs. If it is classic Juggs then Namor goes down hard.

joesha28
In water?!

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Hulk_Power
Juggernaut kills him. Well that's only if it's classic Juggs. If it is classic Juggs then Namor goes down hard.

yes even in water...

10/10

joesha28
proof that could happen pls....

Dark Urizen

Namor beat Hulk underwater at least twice. Classic Juggernaut's strength doesn't increase like Hulk's confused

Tony Stark
Originally posted by joesha28
proof that could happen pls....

confused What could Namor do to hurt Classic Juggs...?

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Dark Urizen
Namor beat Hulk underwater at least twice. Classic Juggernaut's strength doesn't increase like Hulk's confused

HULK needs to breathe Classic Juggs doesn't It's kind of hard to fight someone when your really just holding your breath the whole time...

wink

Dark Urizen
Originally posted by Tony Stark
HULK needs to breathe Classic Juggs doesn't It's kind of hard to fight someone when your really just holding your breath the whole time...

wink

Those fights were so short that i doubt it even mattered if you take into account how long Hulk can stay without breathing. wink

Hulk_Power

Yes but Juggs doesn't need to breath, and he doesn't tire. Meaning that this fight would go on for a long time since Namor would probably be keeping his distance from Juggs so he won't get his ass kicked. Juggs could easily hurt Namor but how is Namor supposed to hurt Juggs? He can't hurt him. Namor just goes down.

Dark Urizen
Yes but Juggs doesn't need to breath, and he doesn't tire. Meaning that this fight would go on for a long time since Namor would probably be keeping his distance from Juggs so he won't get his ass kicked. Juggs could easily hurt Namor but how is Namor supposed to hurt Juggs? He can't hurt him. Namor just goes down.

First off, CLassic Juggernaut was an idiot that forgot he even HAD a shield most of the time. Second of all, i don't remember Namor ever being killed by anyone, and he's fought immortal hercules, Hulk, and plenty of others plenty of times, in and out of water. Third of all, Namor is much much faster than Juggernaut can even dream of. I'm not just speaking about flying/swimming speed, although it's obvious he'd probably be swimming hoops around juggernaut without him even noticing, but also reflex speed. None of Juggernaut's punches should technically meet their target. 4. Namor could easily collapse a mountain on Juggernaut. He'll get out eventually, but the fight is still won.
5. Namor can swim around him so quickly that it creates a vacuum that shoots Juggernaut out of the water like a bullet with the same force that he hit Hulk with, knocking him out. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, Juggernaut HAS been knocked out as well.
6. Namor broke the bands of Cytorrak. Yeah.....the bands of cytorrak. While out of water. Still doubting his strength?

Given all these, i'd say Namor has a very decent chance of winning.

Now, Darkcrawler....i'm expecting my pay in the swiss bank account as usual wink

Tony Stark
Those fights were so short that i doubt it even mattered if you take into account how long Hulk can stay without breathing. wink

Ok hold your breath let someone punch you in the stomach and tell me it didn't effect how long you were holding your breath...

Muscles need oxygen even HULKs muscles and without it the muscles fatigue quickly and then soon of course you then pass out or "get knocked out" at a rate much faster than you would normally if you were breathing regularly.

cool

Dark Urizen
Ok hold your breath let someone punch you in the stomach and tell me it didn't effect how long you were holding your breath...

Muscles need oxygen even HULKs muscles and without it the muscles fatigue quickly and then soon of course you then pass out or "get knocked out" at a rate much faster than you would normally if you were breathing regularly.

cool

Bullshit. I mean, it's true and all, but that applies to normal people. Can you imagine the kind of lungs and muscles Hulk has to be able to hold up a chunk of a mountain? Or the kind of muscles and lungs he has to be able to make the kind of leaps he does?
You know fully well that the "he was holding his breath" thing is completely invalid. The outcome would've been the exact same even if somehow Hulk didn't need to breathe at all.

Tony Stark
Bullshit. I mean, it's true and all, but that applies to normal people. Can you imagine the kind of lungs and muscles Hulk has to be able to hold up a chunk of a mountain? Or the kind of muscles and lungs he has to be able to make the kind of leaps he does?
You know fully well that the "he was holding his breath" thing is completely invalid. The outcome would've been the exact same even if somehow Hulk didn't need to breathe at all.

Correct me if i'm wrong HULK has breathing when he was "balancing the mountain" or when he's leaping 10miles at a clip...

Now that my friend was Bullshit.

HULK has taken down the intire Avengers at the same time IM, Wonderman, Namor, Herc, SHE-HULK, Doc Sampson, Etc... And Namor didn't do shit to him...

But back to the thread Classic Juggs would be effected little by Namor and at no point would he be close to being KO'd by him... Namor can't say the same.

Dark Urizen
Correct me if i'm wrong HULK has breathing when he was "balancing the mountain" or when he's leaping 10miles at a clip...

Now that my friend was Bullshit.

HULK has taken down the intire Avengers at the same time IM, Wonderman, Namor, Herc, SHE-HULK, Doc Sampson, Etc... And Namor didn't do shit to him...

But back to the thread Classic Juggs would be effected little by Namor and at no point would he be close to being KO'd by him... Namor can't say the same.

That's what i'm saying. He WAS breathing while doing those things. And given the incredible strain of the things he's doing (holding up part of a mountain, leaping, etc. etc.), it only goes to prove that his lungs in the same way as the muscles are incredibly powerful. Therefore simply being underwater for a few minutes should have no ill effect.

Only such battle as the one you described that i can recollect was Namor + Hercules + Dr. Strange vs. Hulk. Where Namor and Hercules restrained Hulk so that Strange would cast a spell to calm him down. If you know of another, give me issue numbers, or scans please.

As for juggs, read my post on how Namor can beat Juggernaut. It's a few posts up.

DarkCrawler

Now, Darkcrawler....i'm expecting my pay in the swiss bank account as usual wink

laughing out loud

But yeah, your post was good. Namor is just too fast for Juggs to hit him (Mach 8 and more swimming speed). But Namor can't slug it out hand to hand with Juggs, so burying him under something or removing him with the whirlpools are his best shot.

But in hand to hand combat, Juggernaut will win the most.

Tony Stark
That's what i'm saying. He WAS breathing while doing those things. And given the incredible strain of the things he's doing (holding up part of a mountain, leaping, etc. etc.), it only goes to prove that his lungs in the same way as the muscles are incredibly powerful. Therefore simply being underwater for a few minutes should have no ill effect.

Only such battle as the one you described that i can recollect was Namor + Hercules + Dr. Strange vs. Hulk. Where Namor and Hercules restrained Hulk so that Strange would cast a spell to calm him down. If you know of another, give me issue numbers, or scans please.

As for juggs, read my post on how Namor can beat Juggernaut. It's a few posts up.

I'm glad your seeing things my way...

Now the question is if HULK is holding up that mountain underwater can he hold it for the same duration as he did on land...?

or if HULK took a breath and had to hold it and was unable to take another and begun leaping over and over would he be able to leap as far and high on leap 10 or 11 as he did on leap 1 or 2...?

I believe that the answer to both questions is no...

When fighting and exhurting yourself with throwing punches or taking punches from someone else without breathing is very tough and you WILL lose your strength and endurance quickly whether your The HULK or not you need to breathe to be in top form PERIOD...

And the battles I'm talking about came from The Incredible HULK 316-323 I believe...

Tony Stark
I'm glad your seeing things my way...

Now the question is if HULK is holding up that mountain underwater can he hold it for the same duration as he did on land...?

or if HULK took a breath and had to hold it and was unable to take another and begun leaping over and over would he be able to leap as far and high on leap 10 or 11 as he did on leap 1 or 2...?

I believe that the answer to both questions is no...

When fighting and exhurting yourself with throwing punches or taking punches from someone else without breathing is very tough and you WILL lose your strength and endurance quickly whether your The HULK or not you need to breathe to be in top form PERIOD...

And the battles I'm talking about came from The Incredible HULK 316-323 I believe...

Sorry no scans of the fighting...

DarkCrawler
Hulk never took down anyone in that fight. Except maybe Iron Man.

Swanky-Tuna
6. Namor broke the bands of Cytorrak. Yeah.....the bands of cytorrak. While out of water. Still doubting his strength?
The bands are based on willpower and Dr. Strange was distracted when he was dealing with Namor.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by DarkCrawler

I'll have to look at it again to confirm that... but i do know that if all those guys Namor, Herc, IM, Wonder man...Etc... couldn't take the hulk down during that fight Namor surly wasn't going to do it by himself or he would have...

I do remember that Namor couldn't do anything against him though... I remember that scoul of his when he couldn't do anything to The HULK...

wink

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
The bands are based on willpower and Dr. Strange was distracted when he was dealing with Namor.

yes you are correct...

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna

But Namor was also strong enough to cause the psyhic backlash on Strange...who himself said that no physical force should even come close to rattling them.

TwisterGameX
Namor could tear open Juggernauts ass...but juggs can not really die so he wins.

scotsmn
Fighting underwater when you can't breathe is a disadvantage. Exhaling when you hit allows for more power, which is why martial artists insist that you KEEYAH! So you are at a strength disavantage and you are using up your air quickly when punching and being punched. By the way, Hulk can now breathe underwater.

Classic Juggernaut would beat Namor simply because he's invulnerable, and Namor is not.

Current Juggernaut would be a good fight but I'd have to give it to Namor. As I understand it, along with losing most of his durability, current Jugs isn't able to breathe underwater confused

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by scotsmn
Fighting underwater when you can't breathe is a disadvantage. Exhaling when you hit allows for more power, which is why martial artists insist that you KEEYAH! So you are at a strength disavantage and you are using up your air quickly when punching and being punched. By the way, Hulk can now breathe underwater.

I'm not sure if he can...the effects of that elixir ran out... confused

scotsmn
Are you referring to the same scan as I am? He said something along the lines of "All this time I'd fight underwater holding my breath. Of course, I should have realized I'd develope... something something.. nitrogen... something to breathe underwater"

He was lying down on the ground when he said it. I'm at work so I don't have access to the scan

DarkCrawler
I thought you meant the Hulk Annual scan.

scotsmn
nope, when I get home I'll post hte scan of him saying he's evolved to be able to breathe underwater.

DarkCrawler
Alright.

who?-kid
Yeah Hulk can breathe under water. I read that comic too (imo, it's a lame upgrade, but hey, who am I ?).

Tony Stark
Originally posted by who?-kid
Yeah Hulk can breathe under water. I read that comic too (imo, it's a lame upgrade, but hey, who am I ?).

If indeed HULK can breathe underwater now thats not a good thing for Namor and their next meeting of the fists...

King KAM
shall i bring up the wolverine incidents???....

joesha28
If indeed HULK can breathe underwater now thats not a good thing for Namor and their next meeting of the fists...

Yes, but it will more than "meeting of the fist". Remember Titanus 3 punches...now that's on land.

Blain
Classic Juggernaut can NOT be hurt, or injured, or KO'd by physical means. He may be able to be rinouted by Namor if he doesn't use his forcefield. If he does, and fights intelligently, nothing will touch him.

joesha28
has Juggy ever fought intelligently?

dvampire
Originally posted by joesha28
has Juggy ever fought intelligently?

He did fine against Thor.

joesha28
Was that to piss me off or something?

long pig
I've never seen a bloodlusted Jug. He's always just more or less playing or trying to prove a point.

I don't see Namor KOing Classic Jug, either.

He could stalemate by staying away from him.

Decay
i cant see namor doing anything that would hurt juggernaut. he took thors godforce and kept on walking. spiderman sent a truck into him head on causing a massive explosion that didnt phase him.

when he fought the hulk the first time he took alot of hits from a very angry hulk and his only reaction was to wonder if hulks mind could comprehend that he was truely unstoppable. the fight only ended when the x men showed up by fluke and jean attacked his mind.
also isnt namors strength level around 85 ton when hes in the water?

i just cant see many characters out there being able to take classic juggernaut out using anything other than magic or telepathy. i think it can be done, but i highly doubt namors ability to do it. hes fast enough to not get touched, but even if he evaded the juggernaut for weeks the juggernaut wouldnt be any more fatigued then when he started, and would eventually get a hold of him or connect a couple of times, which should stun namor long enough for the juggernaut to finish the job. looking at how easily hes taken out colossus i dont think hed have any real trouble.

scotsmn
Hulk can breathe underwater.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a242/trollic/Hulkbreathesunderwater.jpg

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by Decay
looking at how easily hes taken out colossus i dont think hed have any real trouble.

Namor>>>>>>>Colossus.

snoopdogg
Namor dies. Juggernaut it too much to handle. In the water it would be closer but Namor really is hard press there also.

jrodslam
Stalemate. 5/5.

Betageuze
if Hulk was beaten under water by namor....... Juggernaut too will be beaten .... Juggernaut IS NOT stronger than an full enraged Hulk....

but i doubt.... a Mindless Hulk will go down against Namor... even in water....

joesha28
Ok, let's get this.... Hulk is the potential strongest... with rage he's strength increases. But Juggernaut has a high level of strength and unstoppable and can't be beaten by brute force no matter how high. That's why Thor negated all those unstoppability of Jugs and beat the crap of him, that's seems the only way.

yahnamore
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
WHAT! Juggs vs Namor? Please Namor is a gladiator. its only a few true super powered warriors in Marvel. Black Bolt, Hulk, Thor, and Namor. period. you guys picked the slowest man in comics. Namor needs no water to whip that slow clown. Stop hating on Namor. Namor has been kicking ass for a long time. Jugg's you got to be crazy. Please stop hating.

jrodslam
I still say stalemate.

outarddwarf
juggs strenght also increases with his emotional state

GalacticStorm

Classic Juggs also doesnt tire or need to breathe. Juggs wins 10/10

GalacticStorm
Water just makes Namor a high level class 100 and enables him to heal from injuries faster. He'll be able to put up a good fight but Juggs is still stronger and will be completely impervious to all Namors attacks, whereas his can still affect Namor.

outarddwarf
juggernaut would simply outlast Namor no matter what. He can fight for years, years without stopping or tiring, eventually Namor would starve or pass out due to exertion.

jrodslam
Did Juggy get his full strength back yet?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.