Comparing Luke...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Phoenix2001
In comparison, where would Luke stand among other Jedi in the Saga before ANH? As far as skills and power goes, and a midichlorin count, would Luke be worthy enough to sit among the Jedi Council?

In other words, does Luke come anywhere close to being as gifted in the force as his father, Anikan?

Give opinions, or, if any, canon facts and info that show where Luke stands among the old Jedi warriors from PM, AOC, and ROS

Ushgarak
Not during the films. He only finishes being a Padawan in ROTJ.

But in potential- you are invited to speculate all you want.

mace=badass
After The saga Luke was incredible, as for potential Anakin has more, but Luke got to be more powerful.

mace=badass
Oh by the way phoenix2001, I love the sig.

Phoenix2001
thx... R. A. Salvatore is a genius

Phoenix2001
well... lets not all reply at once now...

InfiniteDY
I think the important thing to remember is that Mitichlorian count is not the direct indicator to how powerful a Jedi is.

Yoda was probably the most powerful of the Jedi because he had both the high potential and ALOT of time to achieve that potential. Experience, time, and patience are what made the most powerful Jedi powerful. The reason Anakin became as powerful as he did, as young as he did (never had anyone been on the council at an age as young as him, etc.), was because he chose the quick and easy path, a.k.a. the Dark Side. Obi-Wan wasn't even made a Jedi knight until the end of TPM (I don't know how old he was, but it was much older than Anakin).

Darth Jello
I'd say that at the end of ROTJ, Luke was as powerful as Obi-wan in PTM, just less experienced, especially when it comes to lightsaber dueling. The slow movement from him and obi-wan can be explained by first principles in some of the old Sammurai manuscripts. Unless you have good control of your trunk and good footwork you shouldn't attempt any fast or light blows because they will leave you open to attack. Obi-wan's injuries from the clone wars probably caught up with him by ANH due to Tatooine's lack of good healthcare. Probably resulting in some back trauma. Again, Luke is just inexperienced in this facet. Other than that, his force abilities are Obi-wan's equal.
Being twins, Luke and Leia probably have the same force potential. Being the children of the chosen one, their midichlorian count is probably either a little lower or even a little higher than anakins. They both should have the potential to be at least as powerful as Yoda, Darth Plaguies, Mace Windu or Sidious.

Bicnarok

darthvader_fan
luke is preety powerful

he'd make an excellent sith

queeq
There's reason to believe his potential is equal to Anakin's. Since he didn't meet up with his full potential, Luke might indeed become the most powerful Jedi ever.

Jedi Priestess
Ah but neither did Anakin.

darthvader_fan
agreed

JP i havent seen you around in a while

jollyjim311
Luke was trained much faster than Jedi of the PT times. In the short time he trained he learned a lot. His potential was also amazing and he learned even more than most... or any Jedi of the PT could have learned in a that time. Throw in the fact that he was trained by freakin Obi Wan and Yoda, he was a lot better than people give him credit for. I think he could stomp plenty of Jedi that have been training for ten times as long as he has.

"Your skills are complete."- Darth "Holy Crap I knew I should have been allied with the Empire because now I am going to be owned by that machine-man of death" Vader.

Captain REX
Originally posted by queeq
There's reason to believe his potential is equal to Anakin's. Since he didn't meet up with his full potential, Luke might indeed become the most powerful Jedi ever.

Well, in the movies, he's just left Padawanship, but after the movies, in EU...Luke has become what the fanboys of the EU forum call a 'Force god' which annoys the hell out of me... big grin

Jedi Priestess
Well it's EU its supposed to annoy you. laughing out loud

Captain REX
Pretty much. stick out tongue

Zarathustra
Originally posted by Darth Jello
Being twins, Luke and Leia probably have the same force potential. Being the children of the chosen one, their midichlorian count is probably either a little lower or even a little higher than anakins. They both should have the potential to be at least as powerful as Yoda, Darth Plaguies, Mace Windu or Sidious.
Let's not hypothesize too much. We know nothing of how well genetics are a predictor of a person's midichlorian count aside from Luke's comment "The Force is strong in my family", or something of the like. What the outcome would be if someone with a very high count (Anakin) and someone with a low count (Padme) procreate is anyone's guess. A child only gets one half of his genetic material from the father, and it's uncertain how well, if at all, any specific traits will be passed on.

Even assuming that genetics directly determine the count, Luke and Leia are not identical twins (obviously), so their DNA is little more similar than any other two siblings: they can be very different on a genetic level, thus their potential can be vastly different.

queeq
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
Ah but neither did Anakin.

Sorry, taht's the one I meant. Anakin never grew to his full potential, Luke still might.

chinabing
Yea, we can only guess on Luke & Leia's midi count. What if it's like nationality, you know, you're a full-blooded Irishman if your mother and father were both full-blooded, 1/2 from each. And don't forget, Leia was not trained at all.

Phoenix2001
I always figured that Vader restrained from attacking Luke at his best because he didn't really want to kill him. In their last fight in ROJ, I just thought Vader did the same thing to Luke in VI as he did to him in ESB, just not as smoothly because Luke did infact become stronger.

overlord
You know.. I don't like the general notion around kmc that Luke is just some measily padawan who barely reaches jedi knight at the end..

I think he should be counted higher on a scale of comparison..http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/icons/v2/icon2.gif

jollyjim311
I hear you. People think Vader is a scrub a lot too. Saying he could be beat by the likes of Kit Fisto...psst...

Phoenix2001
agree with the both of you... Considering that Luke is the son of a "Once Possible Massiah" I would think Luke should have been more powerful than Vader, considering the condition of Vader. But with the training that Luke received in the little time that he had, it's hard not to think that Luke is somewhat weaker, even though, IMO, the movie shows that Luke seems to have the upper hand, it's hard to believe he could be so skilled at the point of ROJ.

jollyjim311
In Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader, Palpatin is thinking to himself that Vaders children would have been even more powerful then Vader, it doesn't directly say it, but it is implied.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.