gladiator vs green lantern kyle

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

thesilverspider
both are feeling confident......................... evil face

Draco69
If there's no PIS nor CIS, than most likely Kyle. With the supercomputer back in the ring, the ring will automatically protect Kyle from a speedblitz and than analyze Gladiator's weaknesses.

thesilverspider
Originally posted by Draco69
If there's no PIS nor CIS, than most likely Kyle. With the supercomputer back in the ring, the ring will automatically protect Kyle from a speedblitz and than analyze Gladiator's weaknesses.

but gladiator is confident...................... shifty

Draco69
So is Kyle. With dramatically strengthens his willpower.
smile

Melnorme
But Kyle's a manga nut with a power ring. That's almost PC Supes level of absurdity.

NoFate007
I'm sorry, I just can't get over the fact that there's a character that is powered by his confidence. If you call him a weakling and a *** and make him have poor self-esteem, you can kick his ass. I still think that's hilarious.

Kyle kicks his little wussy ass after telling him he's ugly and no girls like him lol.

thesilverspider
Originally posted by Draco69
So is Kyle. With dramatically strengthens his willpower.
smile

............. whistle

gladiator wins...................... evil face

The Ion
Kyle. He would know his radiation weakness so that's an easy win. Or he could do something like this.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d184/tgtshazam/LegendsOfTheDCU38p22.jpg

Draco69
Pretty much...

Which is why I think GL's should get the hell off Earth and focus on cosmic threats in space.

In their own comic, they do ridiculously powerful things like making stars into Christmas lights (actually happened.....). In the JLA or another comic they get pimped by Deathstroke....

thesilverspider
hey ion which writer has wrote kyle pretty consistent

The Ion
You mean with a consistent power level? If that's the case, none of them. All Lanterns go from giant green boxing gloves one issue to stuff like that in the span of 2 issues.

thesilverspider
Originally posted by The Ion
You mean with a consistent power level? If that's the case, none of them. All Lanterns go from giant green boxing gloves one issue to stuff like that in the span of 2 issues.

is it cause their not confident............................. laughing out loud

The Ion
I suppose it is. evil face

Lucid Lui
Kyle wins 6-7/10. Be a good fight though...

kgkg
Gladiator wins

spetznaz
Depends on who is writing EACH character.

One might see Gladiator written as an unstoppable beast, with Kyle only being able to make silly constructs.

Or it might have Gladiator exactly as shown above (unstoppable), but Kyle using his ring as it is supposed to be used (i.e one of the most powerful weapons), and thus defeating Gladiator even though Glads is giving 200%.

Or you might have Gladiator drawn as nothing more than a minor irritant who cannot even keep up with a tidal wave, and Kyle drawn as having powers that almost border on what he was as Ion.

Either character could win, and enough reasons given on WHY they should win.

I'd personally pick Kyle.
Written to his fullest he can beat Gladiator (even when Glad is written to his fullest).

Avalonofthewind
Kyle takes this.

bitca730
Gladiator takes this...

dvampire
Kyle wins.

Dark Urizen
There's absolutely no reason why Kyle shouldn't win. His ring protects him from speedblitzing. It also tells him what Gladiator's weakness is, and can then reproduce the exact type of radiation needed.

Wild Cowboy
Tired of pink letters eh ??

Yeah, that supercomputer thingy is makin GLs gods..... Kyle wins....

Dark Urizen
Originally posted by Wild Cowboy
Tired of pink letters eh ??

Yeah, that supercomputer thingy is makin GLs gods..... Kyle wins....

LOL, nah. Got a new username, will get a new sig and avvy to fit it, and am trying to lay off the pink text. It's really hard keeping myself from coloring it pink sad

If you mean the ring, then yeah, that's kinda.....usual.
If you mean the fact that the ring can be used to analyze and tell you the exact weakness of any given character, then yeah, i suppose that's a bit disturbing.

Wild Cowboy
Overpoweredly disturbing....

Dark Urizen
Originally posted by Wild Cowboy
Overpoweredly disturbing....

Yeah. I wanted to talk to Ion about that. Thing is, i can understand how the ring channels the wielder's will-power into constructs, beams, and such. But what the hell would a wielder's will have to do with a complete anatomic analysis of a person?

The Ion
It's not a function based on willpower. In combat situations it's an automatic function programmed by the Guardians just like the Auto-Shield is. The ring AI will scan the enemy and try to match it's file to one stored in the Central Power Battery. The power battery itself is conduit to the Guardians who are basically cosmically aware. Information is then relayed to the ring weilder. All this happens pretty much instantly.

Dark Urizen
It's not a function based on willpower. In combat situations it's an automatic function programmed by the Guardians just like the Auto-Shield is. The ring AI will scan the enemy and try to match it's file to one stored in the Central Power Battery. The power battery itself is conduit to the Guardians who are basically cosmically aware. Information is then relayed to the ring weilder. All this happens pretty much instantly.

Call me a moron, but it's too "sciency" for my liking (when it comes to GLs i mean).

The Ion
Yeah, I've always said the Corps was rooted in science or sci-fi as you may. Sentinel and Jade are the magic Lanterns.

Dark Urizen
Yeah, I've always said the Corps was rooted in science or sci-fi as you may. Sentinel and Jade are the magic Lanterns.

I get strange ideas of incest with those two...... shifty
And i don't like the magicky approach either. The good ol' willpower was damn good enough for me. There's a source for it which is the Oan Battery, and it harvests will power and the GLs have to have a lot of it in order to wield the power.
That would've been good enough for me. No magicky, no sciency

kgkg
Originally posted by Dark Urizen
There's absolutely no reason why Kyle shouldn't win. His ring protects him from speedblitzing. It also tells him what Gladiator's weakness is, and can then reproduce the exact type of radiation needed.
Actually the ring doesn't always hold his opponent.

Infact GL shield gets broken by the likes of: Superman, Polaris

In crossovers it’s even worse

Gl and Gladiator surfer the same disease of giving high feat but getting their ass kicked where they shouldn’t

Draco69
And yet the GL ring has managed to hold: The Second Big Bang, Krona, and Oblivion....

GL is massively underwritten as is Gladiator. Which is why they belong in space battling cosmic foes like Thanos or Silver Surfer. Not meddling with Earthlings. For some odd reason when ever Green Lantern or Silver Surfer come to other they suddenly get a huge dive in intelligence and power....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.