Zoom VS. Cloak

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Adam Warlock
Who takes it?

Debate.

kgkg
Zoom wins

thesilverspider
what is cloak going 2 do to zoom

Adam Warlock
What's Zoom gonna do to him? Punch him?

Dizzle
Cloak takes him easy, assuming he starts out intangible. One he does that, he just opens up the dark portal thing and lets Zoom run into it.

Draco69
And Zoom will just blip into the timestream and go back to when Cloak was a gangbanger in Harlem and blitz him to death.

Adam Warlock
Originally posted by Draco69
And Zoom will just blip into the timestream and go back to when Cloak was a gangbanger in Harlem and blitz him to death.

How would he know to do that? Did the thread maker say combatants have prep? smile Nope.

Both combatants don't have any knowledge of each other. Zoom not knowing what Cloak's powers were, would probably run in and try to punch him. big grin Trapping him forever within Cloak's dimension. Cloak wins.

Draco69
Originally posted by Adam Warlock
How would he know to do that? Did the thread maker say combatants have prep? smile Nope.

Whattya mean? That's his power. He isn't a Speed Forcer. He can control the speed of time in his reference frame. Meaning, he can zip back to any place he had previously or WILL be in time. He thinks. He's out of the Cloak dimension and back where he originally started during the battle.

Both combatants don't have any knowledge of each other. Zoom not knowing what Cloak's powers were, would probably run in and try to punch him. big grin Trapping him forever within Cloak's dimension. Cloak wins.

Yeah. I covered that above. And what makes you think Cloak will be intangible at that start of the battle? Like that would work anyway. Time can be frozen for Zoom. Time frozen of Cloak while he's intangible means his molecules have also stopped. He's technically solid. Zoom knocks his ghetto a$$ to Pluto.

thesilverspider

Zoom knocks his ghetto a$$ to Pluto.
...... laughing

Laminator_X
Cloak is my A-Number-One Hands-Down-Favorite Verses-Board Character Humbler. He could take Thanos, Wolverine, Juggernaut; you name it. Short of somebody who could get off a pre-emptive KO, or with enough mystical might to not have his or her soul eaten by the Thing in the Dark; Cloak rules.

klwiggs
I agree with Draco69 that Zoom has the advantage with stopping time but Zoom in his twisted mind would more likely kill Dagger to try to make Cloak a better hero and toy with him.

thesilverspider
Originally posted by Laminator_X
Cloak is my A-Number-One Hands-Down-Favorite Verses-Board Character Humbler. He could take Thanos, Wolverine, Juggernaut; you name it. Short of somebody who could get off a pre-emptive KO, or with enough mystical might to not have his or her soul eaten by the Thing in the Dark; Cloak rules.
What the f**k? .........................

LordKaos
Yeah. I covered that above. And what makes you think Cloak will be intangible at that start of the battle? Like that would work anyway. Time can be frozen for Zoom. Time frozen of Cloak while he's intangible means his molecules have also stopped. He's technically solid. Zoom knocks his ghetto a$$ to Pluto.

if that's the case then the air molecules which are intangible, would be solid too making anyone with time freezing power ineffective whenever they use their powers.

Draco69
Originally posted by LordKaos

if that's the case then the air molecules which are intangible, would be solid too making anyone with time freezing power ineffective whenever they use their powers.

Not Zoom. His powers make him immune to that sort of thing. And air molecules aren't intangible...

LordKaos
then why can i walk through them and only somebody like shadowcat can walk on them when she is phased? if in fact air is displaced as we move through it we would not be able to breath while in motion.

kgkg

Comics doesn't follow that logic.

Ie. THor did that

I have never seen Zoom stop time for everyone.

Though he is not a speedsters he just travel at a higher plane (doesn’t produce kinetic energy)

Draco69
then why can i walk through them and only somebody like shadowcat can walk on them when she is phased?

Walk Through them? If air molecules were intangible we wouldn't be able to breathe.....

After all, we walk through them right? Right....

Draco69
Originally posted by kgkg
Comics doesn't follow that logic.

I have never seen Zoom stop time for everyone.

No, no, no. Time is frozen only for Zoom. The world is entirely frozen for Hunter Zolomon. That's why he has to continually zip out and in of the timestream to talk or converse with people. Doing so gives him "superspeed". It's not really speed. It's all time-control.

Though he is not a speedsters he just travel at a higher plane

Yeah. Time.

Dizzle
Whattya mean? That's his power. He isn't a Speed Forcer. He can control the speed of time in his reference frame. Meaning, he can zip back to any place he had previously or WILL be in time. He thinks. He's out of the Cloak dimension and back where he originally started during the battle.

Shit, just thought Zoom was an evil nemesis version of Barry Allen...

Though isn't Cloak always intangible unless he's recently absorbed a lot of people? And how does his intangibility work, anyway? Is it like Vision, who simply makes himself more or less dense, or is it like Strange's astral form? (I don't think Strange would get hurt by physical force in astral form, even in a time stop) I don't know enough about Cloak's powers to really tell whether Zoom could beat him or not. Apparently, Zoom isn't getting taken out, so the best Cloak's going to get is a stalemate.

LordKaos
intangible means incapable of being touched or seen, sounds like air molecules to me

Adam Warlock

Sigh... Draco... If he gets swallowed up by Cloak, that's it. Fight is over. It's Cloak's world. Will his control of time work in a dimension that is not his own?

Yeah. I covered that above. And what makes you think Cloak will be intangible at that start of the battle?Like that would work anyway.

Because most of the time, Cloak is intangible. smile

Are you sure it wouldn't work? I'm betting it does.

Time can be frozen for Zoom. Time frozen of Cloak while he's intangible means his molecules have also stopped. He's technically solid. Zoom knocks his ghetto a$$ to Pluto.

Are sure that will work?

This could go either way. Only way Zoom will hurt him is if he is tangible at the start of the battle. But most of the time, he's in his intagible form.

Draco69
If that's your definition of intangible.... What the f**k?

You just mentioned Kitty Pryde. I didn't realize she was invisible.

Air molecules are constantly touched by our bodies. Specifially our lungs. If your definition were true, we simply wouldn't exist as a species. Or anything else for that matter.

Draco69
Sigh... Draco... If he gets swallowed up by Cloak, that's it. Fight is over. It's Cloak's world. Will his control of time work in a dimension that is not his own?

So? Worked in 4th Dimension....and Zoom was doing fine.

Zoom is in complete control of his temporal time reference. It's also techinically impossible to even kill or even imprison Zoom because he lives in the timestream. Meaning he's pretty much everywhere at everytime. Which is also why he was seen by Lady Qwark several hundred years in the future...

The ONLY way to imprison him is by summoning a temporal anonamly. And that's only temporary.

Dizzle explained it.

Hope you didn't bet your "life savings"...

re sure that will work?

Theoritically, it should. Wally tried to turn intangible several times but Zoom still walloped his whitebread butt.

This could go either way. Only way Zoom will hurt him is if he is tangible at the start of the battle. But mlike most of the time, he's in his intagible form.

This can only go in Zoom's favor. Cloak simply can't win. He's outmatched. Sorry, Adam but your attempts to make a one-sided fight with a deliberate winner have failed.

Swanky-Tuna
intangible means incapable of being touched or seen, sounds like air molecules to me
That's silly. Wave your arm around in the air. Feel that? That's your arm running through a whole bunch of air molecules.

Laminator_X
Originally posted by Draco69 ...He thinks. He's out of the Cloak dimension and back where he originally started during the battle.

That might work. Or he might panic when confronted by the horrific visions, probably relating to his own paralysis or the cruelty he's visited on others. He is mentally unstable to begin with. It's tough to say.

Remember, Cloak once held Thanos WITH THE IG for a few moments. It's not easy to leave, even if you have some means to do so.

...Like that would work anyway. Time can be frozen for Zoom. Time frozen of Cloak while he's intangible means his molecules have also stopped. He's technically solid. Zoom knocks his ghetto a$$ to Pluto.

Cloak isn't molecule-trick intangible like Flash or Vision. He's more like a ghost or a shadow. Literally no physical substance.

Dizzle
Wait... I explained what? Cloak is in his intangible form pretty much all of the time. The only time he will be solid is when he has recently absorbed a whole bunch of people into his dark dimension.

Now, what I wanted to know is what Cloak being intangible actually is. How it works can determine whether Zoom can hit him or not, basically.

Vision makes himself less dense to phase through things. So his molecules are still there, they're just spread out a lot more. Flash vibrates his molecules, again making them almost akin to a gas more than a solid. That said, his molecules are still there, just not as closely packed together. If time were stopped, he'd be perfectly hittable, as would Vision.

Now Strange's astral form is a projection of his "spirit". It has no mass, and therefore is physically unhittable, whether time is flowing or not.

Basically, if Cloak's intangibility is "magic" like Strange's, they stalemate. If he just gets less dense, Zoom knocks his head off. However, because of Zoom's warping thing, Cloak can't really win. Either it's 10/10 to Zoom, or both lack the ability to harm the other.

Dizzle
Originally posted by Laminator_X
That might work. Or he might panic when confronted by the horrific visions, probably relating to his own paralysis or the cruelty he's visited on others. He is mentally unstable to begin with. It's tough to say.

Remember, Cloak once held Thanos WITH THE IG for a few moments. It's not easy to leave, even if you have some means to do so.

Cloak isn't molecule-trick intangible like Flash or Vision. He's more like a ghost or a shadow. Literally no physical substance.

Technically, Zoom failing to get out when he fairly easily can would be PIS. It's well within his pwoer, so he can get out. In comics, his insanity might work. On here? Not an option.

Ok, thanks, I wasn't sure how Cloak's powers worked. Stalemate, neither harms or traps the other for any significant amount of time.

illadelph12
Interesting thread. I've started quite a few Cloak threads myself. He's one of those catch 22 characters. He's not overly powerful, but he brings a significant tactical advantage.

I'd say it's a draw given Zoom's temporal powers. Cloak could eat bits of Zoom's soul, but Zoom could just negate the effects by going back to before it happened.

And Cloak's normal state is intangible unless he's consumed sufficient amounts of light to satisfy the darkness beast that lives inside of his dimension. He's like a living dimensional aperture and only becomes solid when he consumes enough 'light' (soul) to seal the breach for a time.

LordKaos
I'm speaking of the literal definition of intangible not the comic one, to support that air molecules, which cannot be seen or touched, are intangible. and further more the manipulation of time will not effect the solidity of an object, just it's ability to move through time, now if Zoom could manipulate the fabric of space then he could definitely solidify an intangible object.

Adam Warlock
Bump

Black Adam
ninja

Mr.V
BA! mad again? stick out tongue

leonidas
cloak's ability to eat people is a bit overrated. spidey has escaped from him, so has doom. i see no reason zoom couldn't escape as well for a number of reasons.

and sorry, lam, we're usually in agreement with most things, but . . . no WAY he beats thanos even if he swallowed him. erm

Metalmanx

Are sure that will work?

This could go either way. Only way Zoom will hurt him is if he is tangible at the start of the battle. But most of the time, he's in his intagible form.

How is Cloak beatable? Seriously. What is his weakness, if any? He doesn't appear to have any way to beat him. He's, for the most part, intangible. And then he's got the cloak. How does he lose?

Sounds like quite the boring character to me. Unless, of course, someone would like to prove me wrong.

leonidas
you can hit him in the face when he's solid, or jump on his cloak from behind. he is NOT immune to telepathic assault, and as i just said he cannot contain any level of power. doom caused him quite a ruckus while he was inside cloak and eventually forced his way out.

he is not unbeatable. a little boring though. erm

Metalmanx
Originally posted by leonidas
you can hit him in the face when he's solid, or jump on his cloak from behind. he is NOT immune to telepathic assault, and as i just said he cannot contain any level of power. doom caused him quite a ruckus while he was inside cloak and eventually forced his way out.

he is not unbeatable. a little boring though. erm

Yea. He sure sounds like a boring character. Only a select few beings can actually cause him trouble.

How did Spider-Man escape?

leonidas
just used his spidey sense to find the way out. doom basically blasted his way out.

kgkg
Zoom is a badass.

he wins

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.