Solomon Grundy vs. Classic Juggernaut

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Betageuze
who IS Solomon Grundy ???

i ve heard, that his power level are very changeable ....

but can he go against the Classic Juggernaut ?

thesilverspider
laughing

Draco69
It depends on the Grundy. He DID on certain forms have a very powerful form of Chaos magic.

leonidas
Originally posted by Draco69
It depends on the Grundy. He DID on certain forms have a very powerful form of Chaos magic.

exactly correct. forms of grundy have tackled the entire jla and jsa lineups. others have been FAR weaker.

strong grundy strong juggs = draw

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by Betageuze
who IS Solomon Grundy ???
I may get some of this wrong because I'm not double checking or even single checking but Solomon Grundy was a gangster, whose name wasn't originally Solomon Grundy, who got in trouble with the mob and was either killed and thrown into a swamp or thrown into the swamp and died.

...I... think a combination of magic and decaying plant matter clung to his bones and formed the plant-zombie Solomon Grundy. There are hundreds of Grundys in the Green (like the power cosmic or speed force for plants) and each time he dies, another has his chance in the real world.

I also heard he was the Earth's first attempt at Swamp Thing but fire was missing and Grundy was left defunct.

leonidas
that's mostly right, unless dc has done some retcon recently. he is basically a failed or partial elemental. he can't really die and is impervious to most harm. if supes couldn't beat his strong form, juggs ain't doing nothing to him either.

he's also shown at least SOME ability to absorb magic. i wonder if he could absorb some of juggs' power and make him vulnerable?

Zarathustra
But in one form, Grundy was beaten into the ground by Batman and killed by an electrified gate protecting the Batcave... consistency?

Draco69
Lack of therein. He can be extremely powerful and...well not very powerful at all. That makes him extremely unpredictable...in all forms.

leonidas
his greatest weakness in any form is his brains. i believe he has untapped powers but he just doesn't know how to use them. and i'm not at ALL sure why he comes back in different forms. to the best of my knowledge tha reasons have not been explained.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.