On the [adjective] side...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FeceMan
I found this little "gem" in my meanderings. I'd like to see how KMC reacts to it.

I can't tell if this would be classified as baiting, attempting to make a point, or just being, well, stupid.

You can insert your own adjective into the title. I think 'retarded' fits best.

Victor Von Doom
Taking our jobs.

debbiejo
I'm not gonna touch it...Nope.

PVS
its simply a flipside of the same illogical barbed questions which have always been asked of homosexuals. seems pretty ridiculous doesnt it?
its meant to be. i dont think it was trolling, but rather an attempt to have the viewer look at the situation from a different perspective. a few of those questions kinda killed the point though, but what can you do...

BackFire
It's obvious satire aimed at those who make antigay arguments, pointing out the always obvious flaws in their statements.

FeceMan
Originally posted by PVS
its simply a flipside of the same illogical barbed questions which have always been asked of homosexuals. seems pretty ridiculous doesnt it?
its meant to be. i dont think it was trolling, but rather an attempt to have the viewer look at the situation from a different perspective. a few of those questions kinda killed the point though, but what can you do...
Originally posted by BackFire
It's obvious satire aimed at those who make antigay arguments, pointing out the always obvious flaws in their statements.
I realized this much...but some of the questions just don't seem to make any sense whatsoever.

Do people really ask questions like, "Just what do men and women do in bed together? How can they truly know how to please each other, being so anatomically different?"

'Cause that's pretty stupid. As humans, we find a hole and stick it in.

GCG
Is that why you call yourself Feceman ? shock

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by FeceMan
I realized this much...but some of the questions just don't seem to make any sense whatsoever.

Do people really ask questions like, "Just what do men and women do in bed together? How can they truly know how to please each other, being so anatomically different?"

'Cause that's pretty stupid. As humans, we find a hole and stick it in.

While I know you realize that it's satire, the point you raise is a valid one...though, maybe without realizing it.

I know plenty of gay men that don't know what it's like to sleep with a woman. I had a reputation to protect in high school and college, so I experienced it. But, as I have always said...there is something to the "friction of sex".

Zarathustra
'Cause that's pretty stupid.
Psst! I think that's the point: That asking the question about same-sex pairings is likewise.

Draco69
It's flawed. SOME statements can be attributed to heterosexuals but others are just negatory.

Zarathustra
Originally posted by Draco69
It's flawed. SOME statements can be attributed to heterosexuals but others are just negatory.
Which ones? #6 is the only inappropriate example I notice.

Draco69

All funny though...

Zarathustra

Draco69
You have a point with number 11. Number 18...meh. I don't understand 14 or 16 either. I think number 14 is urging us to experiment. As in bisexually. 16 I think is....I don't know....

PVS

agreed, that question was a point-killer.

i still like the majority of that survey though. a bit of satire can be far more powerful than a thousand lectures

Victor Von Doom
I think the point about #6 is that it is running with the idea that heterosexuality might be odd, from the previously established points.

The joke/premise is quite obvious in any case.

Zarathustra
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
I think the point about #6 is that it is running with the idea that heterosexuality might be odd, from the previously established points.

The joke/premise is quite obvious in any case.
The point is that it doesn't function properly as a parody because while homosexuals are likely to be uncomfortable "coming out", and might in fact be rejected by their peers, the same is not true of heterosexuals. The joke relies on the fact that the question, usually directed at homosexuals, is without valid grounds just as it would be if directed at heterosexuals. In this case, however, it is valid for the one but not the other.

I believe, Draco, that I have a hypothesis on #16. At universities, there tend to be councilling services available: a priority there seems, in my experience, to be helping out people who are, shall we say experiencing new or different urges (this is surely present in private practices as well, but I have no knowledge of those in particulat)? Not sure I can recall the exact term... sexual identity, or something like that. In any case, I imagine that the question may have developed along the lines of a suspicion that if you discuss this issue with a gay therapist, you'll be pushed to be gay.. presumably part of a widespread gay recruitment campaign. Of course, if you're a heterosexual, that's manipulation. On the flip side, then, I imagine someone who is genuinely a homosexual might be (in the same vain of ridiculous questioning) pushed by a heterosexual therapist to "straighten out" if you will. In both cases the behaviour would be unethical when a person is in a vulnerable position like that, and the thought that a therapist has a vested interest in the outcome of such therapy is simply ridiculous.

Syren
I found this little "gem" in my meanderings. I'd like to see how KMC reacts to it.

I can't tell if this would be classified as baiting, attempting to make a point, or just being, well, stupid.

You can insert your own adjective into the title. I think 'retarded' fits best.

I have to say that you've made a stupid point by trying to say that the points made were 'retarded'. They're supposed to be nonsensical, and are specifically directed at those who use the same ridiculous views to argue against homosexuality.

DOOM2099
What does heterosexual mean? I mean, really? Have you really ever thought about it? I don't think there has ever been a moment when I had to wonder... Am I gay?

And to subject homos to ridiculous questioning like the one's parodied above is just stupid.

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by Zarathustra
The point is that it doesn't function properly as a parody because while homosexuals are likely to be uncomfortable "coming out", and might in fact be rejected by their peers, the same is not true of heterosexuals. The joke relies on the fact that the question, usually directed at homosexuals, is without valid grounds just as it would be if directed at heterosexuals. In this case, however, it is valid for the one but not the other.

It's positing an alternate reality.

It's crap, though. That's the only criticism that need be levelled.

As most internet-based 'hilarious' lists tend to be.

FeceMan
Originally posted by Zarathustra

I believe, Draco, that I have a hypothesis on #16. At universities, there tend to be councilling services available: a priority there seems, in my experience, to be helping out people who are, shall we say experiencing new or different urges (this is surely present in private practices as well, but I have no knowledge of those in particulat)? Not sure I can recall the exact term... sexual identity, or something like that. In any case, I imagine that the question may have developed along the lines of a suspicion that if you discuss this issue with a gay therapist, you'll be pushed to be gay.. presumably part of a widespread gay recruitment campaign. Of course, if you're a heterosexual, that's manipulation. On the flip side, then, I imagine someone who is genuinely a homosexual might be (in the same vain of ridiculous questioning) pushed by a heterosexual therapist to "straighten out" if you will. In both cases the behaviour would be unethical when a person is in a vulnerable position like that, and the thought that a therapist has a vested interest in the outcome of such therapy is simply ridiculous.
See, sometimes people say what I mean to say but do it better. Yay smile.
Originally posted by Syren
I have to say that you've made a stupid point by trying to say that the points made were 'retarded'. They're supposed to be nonsensical, and are specifically directed at those who use the same ridiculous views to argue against homosexuality.
Okay. Thank you for your input and keeping this towards the top of the page.

Syren
erm I didn't mean to be offensive... well, not entirely stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.