What Obi Wan is doing in the new pic

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

theEviljedi
On theforce.net there was a article that Obi Wan was getting electricuted like Luke in ROTJ.That would be great to see.

Dim
looks like he's screaming in agony to me smile

Xizor
force lightning!!!!!!!!!

King Jedi
But by who? Sidious or the new Sith?

Tom Gon Jinn
He could have been Force Pushed or kicked hard. Or, he could be sensing Anakin's turn to Dark.

Ratcat
The TFN article has a the picture where they've added Force Lightning and it does make it look like this might be the case.

Snarlingcur Matt Dalrymple
Hey, of couse, he's Obi-Wan, he's just had too much Guiness. laughing out loud

tainted one
come on you guys. he's break-dancing. even i can see that.

King Jedi
Maybe he just fell over.

yerssot
nah, my first thought was lightning also, and we saw something resambling lightning in the teaser

queeq
We also have ths hot in the trailer of Anakin getting lightinged.... so my guess is at this point, that that happens during the Dooku fight and that it is Chris Lee showing them the light.

yerssot
woops, guess I didn't mentioned that...
well, there is something resambling lightning

Julie
resembling lightning.......what else ...realistically ....could it be???

queeq
Electricity.

yerssot
but why would that be in AOTC?

Ushgarak
Why not?

yerssot
because we only saw electricity once in the OT...
why would they do that now agaon?

Julie
Doesn't mean it can't be used in AotC....

yerssot
Like they have electricity on Geonisis

bigsef2
dokuu busts out the force lightning on anakin (as well as cuts his hand off) in AOTC. this is VERY VERY VERY important. GL does this for a very specific reason.

Remember in ROTJ at the very end, Luke gives way to anger and strikes down his father, Vader. He cuts his hand off. this is the SAME HAND Dokuu cuts off in AOTC. Then the Emperor uses force lightning on Luke. Anakin watches his son in agony. the SAME agony he once endured. you see Vader LOOK AT HIS MISSING HAND, he is remembering the experience he had on genosis. Anakin saves his son, kills the emperor, and turns back to the good side.

yerssot
not again the link with ROTJ!!

Ushgarak
Why not? That all sounds plausible. Just it's difficult to be certain right now.

yerssot
it's stupid he does that!

bigsef2
whys it stupid?

queeq
It isn't. GL likes full circles like that. Just check out all the stuff he says on the TPM DVD. He confirms that he wants things to return. I like it.

bigsef2
me too

yerssot
and I don't

JediOasis
I think the Obi-Wan thing is from the fight with Jango. And as far as everything relating I think its a good idea, makes watching the OT more interesting and makes you think more about what the characters are thinking when they do certain things.

LanceWindu
I love how the full circle comes back in every story.
TPM: We see a new young Jedi potential. He goes to new worlds. Fly's his ship and saves the day.
ANH: We see a young Jedi potential. He goes to new worlds. Fly's his ship and saves the day.

queeq
So where is that pic of OB1 being electrified.... I still can't find it.

yerssot
it's a very old one... give me a minute

yerssot
http://starwars.com/episode-ii/select/2000/08/select20000824.html

here you go

queeq
Ah right. Well known pic that. But that's not lighting, that's on the Geonosis landing pad where OB1 battles Jango. It's very clear because the floor is the same from the one of Jango dancing with the umbrella and OB1 is wet. And since the Jango-OB1 fight takes place in the rain we're pretty sure this is it. I think this maybe the shot where OB1 falls down on the pad from a great height.

yerssot
spoilers!

Well, that's ofcourse also very good!
Sparing the lightning there!

queeq
What lightning? I don't see any.

And YES, spoilers.... they are not forbidden you know.

yerssot
What I said was: the less lightning the better, gives Palpas powers more mystic.

And I was taking to you with the spoiler thingies!

obiemerald
obi1 fell and cant get up.

i do think it was from the jango fight. it might be after this scene:

http://starwars.com/databank/character/obiwankenobi/index_movie2.html

and when he chases jango somewhere (they show it in the trailer breifly.)

i was confused bout the lightning. but if you say so.

bigsef2
we only see ANAKIN get hit by lightning in the trailers people! what the heck are you people talking about?! do you know the difference between anakin and obiwan?

obiemerald
there is no shot of obi1 getting electricuted.

obi1 only gets down and jedi-y when he battles jango. if thers a picture of him wet, (from rain) its from jango scene or similar. i havent seen anything of him w/ electricity.

yerssot
well, lightning WILL get used in AOTC!

peluffo
Originally posted by obiemerald
there is no shot of obi1 getting electricuted.

Well, well, well. Actually, the scene in coruscant, going thru the "power couplings", Is a SHOT of OB1 getting "electricuted"

evil face evil face evil face evil face stick out tongue big grin

yerssot
true;... although that was more humor then something else

queeq
Exactly my point. You see here he is wet as well. And we know for a fact OB1 and Jango fight on Kamino in the rain.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.