FF8 Omega Weapon vs Dante

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darkstorm Zero
The Ultimate Monster vs the Demon halfbreed son of the Legendary Dark Knight.

Kind of a hard one to compare I know, but a very cool challenge none the less.

IcePunk
Im a fan of Dante, but I dont think Dante will win this fight.

Unfair fight, man!

Zair-Chaos
It is sort of a fair fight if you think about it since it is deafeted by FF characters but it would be intresting I think that Dante would win because he would use Dopleganger and he wouldn't even have to fight.

Darkstorm Zero
Originally posted by Zair-Chaos
It is sort of a fair fight if you think about it since it is deafeted by FF characters but it would be intresting I think that Dante would win because he would use Dopleganger and he wouldn't even have to fight.

Megiddo Flame, Terra Break, Level 5 Death, Ultima, and Meteor all can blow up Dante and the Dopplegager at the same time.

IcePunk
Originally posted by Zair-Chaos

Yeah, I guess you're right, Omega weapon being defeated by humans, I dont think the Omega Weapon is so omega anymore.

Dante wins smokin'

Shadow x 20
3 humans with GFs.

Darkstorm Zero
Originally posted by Shadow x 20
3 humans with GFs.

Actually, I remember someone here mentioning that they couldn't beat this guy without cheating...

And I do remember just what it took to kill this guy... Holy War after Holy War... (The thing that makes your entire team temporarily invulnerable) Dante has nothing like that...

IcePunk
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Actually, I remember someone here mentioning that they couldn't beat this guy without cheating...

And I do remember just what it took to kill this guy... Holy War after Holy War... (The thing that makes your entire team temporarily invulnerable) Dante has nothing like that...

you got to be kidding me, Dante's got a white thingy that makes him invinsible for a while, so dont go saying that bs.

IcePunk
Dante's stronger than a whole set of characters in ff8, so that means he has got a better chance of winning over it than them...

IcePunk
Originally posted by IcePunk
Dante's stronger than a whole set of characters in ff8, so that means he has got a better chance of winning over it than them...

I know, a little fanboyish, but it's the truth.
Imagine any ff8 character surviving a heart piercing sword a fall from a tower or a skyscraper a sword through ones belly a bullet right in the head.
I know, it's hard to even see a glimtse of that because they're ONLY HUMANS!!

Shadow x 20
Squall got an ice spear through his chest and survived. Not to mention that they are all stronger then humans with the aid from GFs. and what does going invisible have to do with being invulnerable?

Dark Envy
Omega Weapon would use Shark and cheat then do 99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999
99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 dmg on Dante. Omega wins.

IcePunk
Squall got an ice spear through his chest and survived. Not to mention that they are all stronger then humans with the aid from GFs. and what does going invisible have to do with being invulnerable?

I said INVINSIBILITY not invissibility, sheesh, they are not the same thing if you didnt know.

Shadow x 20
Oh I though you meant he goes invisible as in vanishing.

IcePunk
Originally posted by Dark Envy
Omega Weapon would use Shark and cheat then do 99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999
99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 dmg on Dante. Omega wins.

I don't think Omega can do anything at all against Dante when the time has been stopped by Quicksilver.
Dante is not as unagile as the ff8 characters who just stand there waiting to get hit by "shark" or whatever and die when they could have just try to evade, which isnt probable cuz they never even seem to evade any normal attacks performed by any normal enemy.
Dante evades BULLETS, yeah I mean the ones that come out of GUNS and Squall couldnt even dodge a ice spear laughing out loud

IcePunk
Oh I though you meant he goes invisible as in vanishing.

figured as much

Lord Ryugen
Omega Weapon can take an unholy amount of punishment before it goes down, also the fact that three humans can beat it is rendered moot by the fact that there are only two ways to beat him and both require invincibility. The first way is to use holy wars or Riona's invincibility limit and abuse Squall's Renzuken in the hope of repeatedly pulling off Lion Heart. The second way is to use holy wars or Riona's invincibility limit and look for one of Selphie's personal limits The End. The End lives up to it's name by killing the enemy instantly, any enemy whatsoever will be destroyed. Dante does have the white star items, untouchables I think they're called but I believe he can only hold between five and ten of them. If that is the case then he won't be able to do enough damage before the effect wears off. At which point he will die. Omega has too much offensive power.

dvampire
I beat him by just using shell, protect, meltdown (or use Doomtrain) and aura; he's tuff, but can be beaten without using Holy War (this way whould probaly be easier, but I wanted to keep my card Laguna). smile

Lord Ryugen
Cool, personally I never bothered to beat him, the reward wasn't worth the effort. But I studied the easiest ways to beat him in case I ever decided to give it a go.

IcePunk
Originally posted by dvampire
I beat him by just using shell, protect, meltdown (or use Doomtrain) and aura; he's tuff, but can be beaten without using Holy War (this way whould probaly be easier, but I wanted to keep my card Laguna). smile

LOL, there is an even easier way to beat it LOL

Lord Ryugen
Which is?

IcePunk
my quote

dvampire
Originally posted by Lord Ryugen
Cool, personally I never bothered to beat him, the reward wasn't worth the effort. But I studied the easiest ways to beat him in case I ever decided to give it a go.

You do get Eden, the most powerful summon in the game. But yeah, your way is much better. smile

dvampire
LOL, there is an even easier way to beat it LOL

If you use the Holy Wars, the fight will be easy. smile

Dark Envy
When I said Shark, I meant Shark Code. Its a like cheat-finder. So Omega uses Shark Code to find cheat-codes and uses God Mode. Omega Wins.

Darkstorm Zero
The fact that Lionheart and the End are extremely rare to pull off (though admittedly Lionheart is the far LESS rare of the two) the fact is that Dante also uses elements in his attacks, Omega absorbs elemental damage and gains life from it, so unless Dante's using RFebellion or Force Edge...

IcePunk
The fact that Lionheart and the End are extremely rare to pull off (though admittedly Lionheart is the far LESS rare of the two) the fact is that Dante also uses elements in his attacks, Omega absorbs elemental damage and gains life from it, so unless Dante's using RFebellion or Force Edge...

Or he could transform into Sparda and end this fight quickly.

Darkstorm Zero
I was working under the impression that Dante would already have that power... but even so, a fully charged Dante going in alone against a Monster with such a high amount of life force and so many insta-kill attacks, Dante would be seriously hard pressed to win this fight, even with a fullinventory of Untouchables

IcePunk
No one said that unlimited devil trigger was forbidden in this fight so I assume that he has got it which means he's got unlimited Giant fire dragons, unlimited Quicksilver, unlimited Doppelganger and other unending powerfull devil trigger specialls.

Darkstorm Zero
None of which mean much in comparison to an insta-kill attack, even an untouchable can be overridden with Level 5 Death....

Oh and that only works in Super Dante mode, so Unlimited Devil Trigger is out, since regular Dante doesn't posess that capability outside of an Untouchable... stick out tongue

IcePunk
Hmmm, I guess you're right, Omega wins

leonheartmm
no he DOESNT, dante defeated the embodiement of the abstrat idea of despair itself in dmc2. also, if any has played n completely finished nocturne, we find out that dante is infact a player worthy of having fought the MULTIVERSAL LUCIFER himself!

dvampire
Originally posted by leonheartmm
no he DOESNT, dante defeated the embodiement of the abstrat idea of despair itself in dmc2. also, if any has played n completely finished nocturne, we find out that dante is infact a player worthy of having fought the MULTIVERSAL LUCIFER himself!

Indeed! big grin

Darkstorm Zero
And that proves..... what? So by that reasoning, just because A can beat B, it therefore must trounce C?

Dunno if you noticed, but many people think that Omega is much more powerful than Ultimecia (The actual Final boss of the game) and she has 4 different forms.

dvampire
And that proves..... what? So by that reasoning, just because A can beat B, it therefore must trounce C?

Dunno if you noticed, but many people think that Omega is much more powerful than Ultimecia (The actual Final boss of the game) and she has 4 different forms.

Omega is far more powerful than Ultimecia indeed! smile

IcePunk
Originally posted by leonheartmm

Can anyone tell me what Nocturne is? Is it a manga or a game or a anime? If Dante stars in it then Im gonna buy whatever the hell it is big grin

dvampire
Can anyone tell me what Nocturne is? Is it a manga or a game or a anime? If Dante stars in it then Im gonna buy whatever the hell it is big grin

Shin Megami Tensei:Nocturne is an RPG for the PS2, it's a pretty good game! Dante is one of the characters that you can get to join you on your quest. big grin

IcePunk
Is it avalable in europe?

Lord Ryugen
Originally posted by dvampire
You do get Eden, the most powerful summon in the game. But yeah, your way is much better. smile

If you want Eden, go bitchslap Ultima Weapon in Disc three. Much easier big grin

pip0027
Well im a huge fan of final fantasy but i got to give this one to Dante cause if three normal humans can beat Omega I think Dante can

Superboy Prime
Thing is they are not 3 normal humans.

Darkstorm Zero
Exactly, they are highly trained humans that also know magic, military battle tactics and can also use the GFs, nothing normal about them...

BlackMageSamura
omega

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.