Do you think the Tekken movie will suck?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DiamondBullets
I think what makes most video game-based movies suck is that it's difficult to convert the game's story-line into a movie and the fact that the actors probably aren't all that familiar with the character they're portraying.

The 'Tekken' movie's theatrical release was post-poned to 2006. And here's the current cast list:

Heihachi- Cary Hiroyuki-Tagawa (played Shang-Tsung in Mortal Kombat)

Kazuya- Russell Wong

Jun- Fann Wong

Jin- Takeshi Kaneshiro

Lee- Byron Mann (played Ryu in Street Fighter)

Baek- Ho Sung Pak

Hwoarang- Rick Yune (played Johnny in The Fast and the Furious)

Marshal Law- Jet Li

Lei Wulong- Jackie Chan

King- The Rock

Eddy Gordo- Esai Morales ( Lt. Rodriguez from NYPD Blue)

Paul Pheonix- Christian Kane

Marduk- Nathan Jones

Xiaoyu- Vicky Zhao

Bruce- Brain J. White

Michelle- Rosalyn Sanchez

Nina- Charlize Theron

Anna- Sarah Michelle-Gellar

Wang- Chia Hui Liu

fRiGgIn'IDiOt34
it will

Silverstein
the casting is amazing. I think Tekken will become one of those decent fighting movies. Im still interested in seeing it though.

-where's Christie Monteiro, Steve Fox, and Yoshimitsu??

DiamondBullets
Originally posted by Silverstein
the casting is amazing. I think Tekken will become one of those decent fighting movies. Im still interested in seeing it though.

-where's Christie Monteiro, Steve Fox, and Yoshimitsu??

That's a good point, maybe they're saving them for Tekken 2? Yoshimitsu was a wierd mother-lover and he sucked, so I really don't care is he's not in the movie.

b-dan
there is already a tekken movie its an anime one its made by ADV I think

Imaginary
The casting looks awesome, I can't wait for it. Even if it does suck.

Silverstein
Originally posted by b-dan
there is already a tekken movie its an anime one its made by ADV I think

there is a live action Tekken film coming out, ive heard of this news since maybe last year in Official Playstation Magazine...

Gregory
There is absolutely no way they can do all of those characters any sort of justice in one movie. That's well over twice the number of fighters that were featured in the Mortal Kombat movie, and they still didn't have time to develop Scorpian or Sub-Zero at all. This has "train wreck" written all over it.

DiamondBullets
Originally posted by Gregory
There is absolutely no way they can do all of those characters any sort of justice in one movie.

Why not? It worked in Be Cool , as well as in all of the Austin Powers movies. So why not Tekken?

Scarecrow756
The cast looks quite solid, I cannot wait for it to come out.

Gregory
Originally posted by DiamondBullets
Why not? It worked in Be Cool , as well as in all of the Austin Powers movies. So why not Tekken?

Different sorts of movies. Action/martial arts movies don't have as much time for character development, because a lot of the movie is taken up with the action and martial arts, and unlike, say comedies--where you can develop characters and tell jokes at the same time--it's difficult to use the time characters spend kicking the shit out of each other to build them up in any meaningful way (which is why movies like this usually have such small casts; of the last few action movies I've watched, Blackmask had three good guys and two bad guys, Speed had three good guys and one bad guy, Batman Begins had four good guys and three bad guys, Die Hard had three and one, Terminator two and one, Termanator 2 three and one, Enter the Dragon three and one)

fruits
i can see it sucking very easily, but i could also see it bein like, hella good. it could go either way

Wally West
No way is that the official cast list, more like a fans dream cast list.

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Gregory
Different sorts of movies. Action/martial arts movies don't have as much time for character development, because a lot of the movie is taken up with the action and martial arts, and unlike, say comedies--where you can develop characters and tell jokes at the same time--it's difficult to use the time characters spend kicking the shit out of each other to build them up in any meaningful way (which is why movies like this usually have such small casts; of the last few action movies I've watched, Blackmask had three good guys and two bad guys, Speed had three good guys and one bad guy, Batman Begins had four good guys and three bad guys, Die Hard had three and one, Terminator two and one, Termanator 2 three and one, Enter the Dragon three and one)

Thats right, homes. In comedies you can get away with that kind of shit, especially slap-stick no-brainers such as "Be Cool" and "Austin Powers". But in serious movies and action flicks that kinda shit just doesn't fly, ese. It detracts from the point and makes the movie look dumb.

....but then again, the X-men movies have large casts, so maybe it'll work for Tekken, ey?

SaTsuJiN
is that an official cast list?... or a desperate wish list?

if thats an official all-star cast.. I would probably go see it... otherwise, crap...

Gregory
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN

Who knows? The director said that "Both Jet Li and Jackie Chan have been loosely attached to the film but were now thinking of starting clean. It will have plenty of "A" list actors," so I suppose it isn't total fantasy. But I have trouble believing they're going to give a man who's only directed five movies--none of them particularly well known--the budget he'd need to pull that cast together.

DiamondBullets
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN

if thats an official all-star cast.. I would probably go see it... otherwise, crap...

That's what I though when I first saw it, cuz it has alotta big names for a video game-based movie. It makes sense if you consider that Tekken is a long running, well established series, and if you look at some of the cast-members the part is right up their alley. So yeah, dawg, its the current official cast list. So if nobody pulls out, or some other kinda shit happens, then thats who's gon' be in the movie.

Naw'm sayin'?

DiamondBullets
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
the X-men movies have large casts, so maybe it'll work for Tekken, ey?

I feel ya! cool

fruits
but also x-men has a much larger fan base, so it's different

Fanboy
Originally posted by DiamondBullets
I think what makes most video game-based movies suck is that it's difficult to convert the game's story-line into a movie and the fact that the actors probably aren't all that familiar with the character they're portraying.

The 'Tekken' movie's theatrical release was post-poned to 2006. And here's the current cast list:

Heihachi- Cary Hiroyuki-Tagawa (played Shang-Tsung in Mortal Kombat)

Kazuya- Russell Wong

Jun- Fann Wong

Jin- Takeshi Kaneshiro

Lee- Byron Mann (played Ryu in Street Fighter)

Baek- Ho Sung Pak

Hwoarang- Rick Yune (played Johnny in The Fast and the Furious)

Marshal Law- Jet Li

Lei Wulong- Jackie Chan

King- The Rock

Eddy Gordo- Esai Morales ( Lt. Rodriguez from NYPD Blue)

Paul Pheonix- Christian Kane

Marduk- Nathan Jones

Xiaoyu- Vicky Zhao

Bruce- Brain J. White

Michelle- Rosalyn Sanchez

Nina- Charlize Theron

Anna- Sarah Michelle-Gellar

Wang- Chia Hui Liu

Okay but it depends on the action Director Director of the movie and the camera angles in the action scenes. That is what I look for.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.