I dug 'DiG!', did you?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
'DiG!' is the definitive rockumentary that manages to out absurd 'Spinal Tap'. And it's real. Featuring The Dandy Warhols and The Brian Jonestown Massacre, it charts the ride of their lives as each band lives the dream/nightmare, maaaan. The Dandys come of as a pretty average band (which they are...), but the real stars of the show are the Massacre kids...They all seem totally out of their skulls...

Anyway, the movie features drug busts, tantrums, inner-band fights, band-audience fights, drinking, partying and playing. It's fun, crazy and ultimately a little melancholy...

Have you dug 'DiG!' yet? If not do so soon...It's good.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Yo' better oops-up and RECOGNIZE. Wurd.

Check it: One of da loonies...

http://www.facets.org/Images/dig.jpg

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Some more of the loonies...

http://www.channel4.com/film/media/film/4x/D/dig_xl_01.jpg

Praise indeed...

Look at me! I'm a fish poo...

papabeard
Yeah, thought it was good, I like the BJM, their music is decent but the singer guy is an objectionable damaged egomaniac. I dont like the Dandy Warhols as people or a band they are like a faded facsimile of the BJM and I think having the singer dork narrate the thing was a mistake. But it was very interestiing, bit weak on the extras.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Yeah, The Dandy Warhols came off as scared, talentless, insecure idiots. I loved it when they got the care package with the shot-gun shells in it! BJM were certainly disfunctional, but at least they had personality...Antone was electric to watch, you just never knew what he would do next...

papabeard
Yeah, after they got the shotgun shells they totally over-reacted and got the cops involved, which they knew was unessescary as they knew they were in no danger , but they got a big story out of it and managed to mess with the BJM's progress. F@ckin nobs!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.