Is it just me or...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dirk Jade
is it just me or is anakin too whiney to be the cruel and merciless Darth Vader? oppinions... i mean like... when i think of DarthVader as a kid i always pictured some kid force Choking teachers who gave him shit. Not some innocent little slave boy.

overlord
He changed! eek!

truejedi
I hated his woe is me attitude all the time. I felt like he should have been more violent. More angry. More masculine, less little boyish.

Ken Kenobi
roll eyes (sarcastic) It's to show his transformation from innocent boy to angst ridden teen to one of the ruthless rulers of the galaxy. To have him evil the whole time would have been really senseless and idiotic IMO.

truejedi
true, he couldn't be evil from birth, that would have just been weird. I just wish it wasn't all over a woman. Not that women aren't wonderful and all that, but everyone has "been in love" when it wasn't forever, and not everyone goes over the edge and starts killing a galaxy full of people over it.

overlord
He came across as sexually frustrated.. It ruined his image.. big grin

kegs202
To be fair, if in real life you had someone with all Anakins personality traits and then suddenly as an adult they were given the power that Vader ultimatley ends up with then they would be very ruthless. Remember Vader is only evil from certain peoples point of view. He wouldn't have seen himself as evil.

Stun
it really pisses me off when people complain that Anakin is too whiney and that he cries too much!?

he gets separated from his mother and promises he will free her some day

although he thought he'd never see his mother again, he eventually does 10 years later only to have her die in his arms

he's torn between his emotions with Padme and his Jedi training. 1. - he's getting held back, and 2. he's in love with Padme, and he cant help but give in to his feelings - even though it conflicts with his career

Obi-Wan is like a father to him in Attack of the Clones. In Revenge of the Sith, they become more like brothers, so when Palpatine tells him that the Jedi - including Obi-Wan, are enemies of the Republic, it's gonna hit Anakin hard - emotionally

He also has nightmares concerning Padme dying in childbirth. Obi-Wan emerges from the landing platform of Padme's ship, he also feels that Padme has betrayed him

now, put yourself in his shoes and try not to cry wink

Dresta
he can't hav been evil from the beginning or he would never have been trained.

jollyjim311
Well, more likely Qui Gon wouldn't think he was the chosen one. The Jedi never wanted him trained in the first place, but Obi was gonna do it anyway. So the Jedi gave him permission.

Sesse
He was just poor betrayed soul.

In Ep3 he came in to save downed Palpatine form saberwielding Mace. Ending up killing him.

And how does the dirty Palpy pay him back his kindness?
In Ep6 he is downed by saberwiedling Luke and Palpatine is inciting Luke to kill him.

He just had a hard life.

jollyjim311
I think of it more like 2 hard lives.

Sesse
Actually 3 if he had any debriefing with Obi1 and Yoda in the ghost form...

jollyjim311
Yeah, but thats more like an easy death.

mace=badass
Darth Vader said yippee..............

starwarsrules14
Originally posted by mace=badass
Darth Vader said yippee..............

Anakin saying that was unneccissary, but him being rather whiny in the first two, or three for some, movies was neccessary to completely show his change. And he did go through a lot.

I hated the "yipee" though. Never pictured Darth Vader in that lightranting

No....just no.... no expression

Mišt
Its not his fault he's emo!

Dark Envy
The New Hope takes TWENTY(20) Years AFTER ROTS. He can change.

Darth Zhin
Amen to that

overlord
PT Anakin is just not a guy you can find cool..
And I don't relate to him.. I only relate to psycho's like Sidious. devil

PT Ani just plain sucks, period! big grin

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by Stun
it really pisses me off when people complain that Anakin is too WHINY and that he cries too much!?

he gets separated from his mother and promises he will free her some day

although he thought he'd never see his mother again, he eventually does 10 years later only to have her die in his arms

he's torn between his emotions with Padme and his Jedi training. 1. - he's getting held back, and 2. he's in love with Padme, and he cant help but give in to his feelings - even though it conflicts with his career

Obi-Wan is like a father to him in Attack of the Clones. In Revenge of the Sith, they become more like brothers, so when Palpatine tells him that the Jedi - including Obi-Wan, are enemies of the Republic, it's gonna hit Anakin hard - emotionally

He also has nightmares concerning Padme dying in childbirth. Obi-Wan emerges from the landing platform of Padme's ship, he also feels that Padme has betrayed him

now, put yourself in his shoes and try not to cry wink

I find it funny, people are WHINING about a WHINY Anakin.

kalsemo
Originally posted by Ken Kenobi
I find it funny, people are WHINING about a WHINY Anakin.

laughing laughing

truejedi
What? Vader says Yippee? I thought it was a joke till somebody else replied to it, what are you talking about?

kalsemo
Originally posted by Dirk Jade
is it just me or is anakin too whiney to be the cruel and merciless Darth Vader? oppinions... i mean like... when i think of DarthVader as a kid i always pictured some kid force Choking teachers who gave him shit. Not some innocent little slave boy.

It's just you.

kalsemo
Originally posted by truejedi
What? Vader says Yippee? I thought it was a joke till somebody else replied to it, what are you talking about?

He says Yipee somewhere in Ep I .......

truejedi
Originally posted by kalsemo
He says Yipee somewhere in Ep I .......
ah, i see, i was thinking episode 3, and i knew he said stupid things like NOOOOOOO!!! and, "no, its because your so in love with me" (or something) and palpatine does his stupid "Yeah!" thing when obi is vrs. the droids, but i just couldn't picture suited up vader saying Yippee. Thanks for clearing that up.

kalsemo
Originally posted by truejedi
ah, i see, i was thinking episode 3, and i knew he said stupid things like NOOOOOOO!!! and, "no, its because your so in love with me" (or something) and palpatine does his stupid "Yeah!" thing when obi is vrs. the droids, but i just couldn't picture suited up vader saying Yippee. Thanks for clearing that up.

No Problem. The exact part in the movie is after Akakin and Padme first meet in the junk shop:

PADME turns, and ANAKIN looks sad as he watches her leave.

ANAKIN: I'm glad I met you too.

WATTO enters the junk yard, shaking his head.

WATTO (SUBTITLED)
Ootmians! Tinka me chasa hopoe ma
booty na nolia.
(Outlanders! They think because we
live so far from the center, we don't
know nothing.)

ANAKIN (SUBTITLED)
La lova num botaffa.
(They seemed nice to me.)

WATTO (SUBTITLED)
Fweepa niaga. Tolpa da bunky dunko.
(Clean the racks, then you can go
home.)

ANAKIN: Lets out a "yipee" and runs out the back.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.