Palpatine saber style?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth243
Can anyone tell me what saber style palpatine uses?

Captain REX
*smacks forehead*

Use the search button, but many think it is Ataru, a highly advanced form of Niman, or his own personal style that he himself created.

spekdah
wasn't his style " stupid old-ass gereatric hip replacement bad acting' style?

maybe I'm wrong

overlord
It's a sith variant to Ataru.. Not officially of course but that's all we got.

Darth Jello
a weird cross between, Kendo, Eppe, and Ninja-Ken

Escape81
Nick Gillard has never officially, nor do I think he intends to, reveal the saber style that Sidious uses. It possesses qualities of Ataru, Vaapad, and Niman. Palpatine performed many acrobatic maneuvers, and was extremely quick. His speed compensated for his lack of physical strength. He also seemed very agile. But also, he performed immensely aggressive maneuvers, and utilized Dark Side techniques. I believe it is his personal blend of Ataru and Vaapad.

Note: Sidious had to have been adept in Vaapad's original form (I forget what the hell it's called), because he trained Maul to use it.

Darth Faunus
Juyo?

Darth Faunus
Originally posted by Escape81
Nick Gillard has never officially, nor do I think he intends to, reveal the saber style that Sidious uses. It possesses qualities of Ataru, Vaapad, and Niman. Palpatine performed many acrobatic maneuvers, and was extremely quick. His speed compensated for his lack of physical strength. He also seemed very agile. But also, he performed immensely aggressive maneuvers, and utilized Dark Side techniques. I believe it is his personal blend of Ataru and Vaapad.

Note: Sidious had to have been adept in Vaapad's original form (I forget what the hell it's called), because he trained Maul to use it.

Personally, I think it's an extremely advanced and comparatively successful variation of Form VI, Niman. He does indeed display a wide range of attacks and manuevers, so it's likely that he has a knowledge of several types of combat. I'm not sure that he really created his own style of dueling, but I'd quickly hand him the accomplishment of revolutionizing a horribly ineffective method of saber use, and adding a dark twist to it.

overlord
Originally posted by Escape81

Note: Sidious had to have been adept in Vaapad's original form (I forget what the hell it's called), because he trained Maul to use it. Yes, that also true.. If he trained Maul, he also had to actually have known Maul's form and he does use more than just go through the sky swinging like crazy(ataru).

Note: And Faunus is right: Vaapad was Mace his personal variation of Juyo.

Alkaselzer
He probably had his own personal blend of forms or a variation to one.

braz
whats darth maul's and vader's saber style? i didnt kno this shyt got so deep lol

Darth Faunus
Darth Maul uses a variant of Juyo suited for his double-bladed lightsaber, and Vader, once 'reborn', uses a variety of techniques in his own form, mostly Djem So, but with a notable amount of Ataru and Soresu influence. For those of you who were wondering, this is in Dark Lord.

braz
aww tight man!^^ word i just bought that book ive only read 2 chapters tho

Ianus
I'd say Juyo, really.

Decay
before the movie came out i remember reading that he was supposedly a master of all forms and swapped between them constantly to keep an enemy off guard. might explain why it seems so unorthodox and varied.

overlord
Yeah, sounds about right.. Just a little noobish in 'story writing'..

Council#13
Originally posted by Darth Jello
a weird cross between, Kendo, Eppe, and Ninja-Ken

confused

a sith type of ataru, i agree, did u guys see some of his flips?! they were equal to those of yoda

overlord
Did you read the rest of the thread?
No, didn't think so.. stick out tongue

Se7in
He can't know Vaapad, it's Windu's personal form. However, he could know Juyo. I don't think he does. I think it's a personal strain of Ataru.

overlord
Yes, we know Escape typo'ed Vaapad. It has been said in the thread.
And I agree that he at least used Ataru to at least some degree.

But it could be possible that Sidious actually knew more than one as he must have trained Maul in a form of Juyo.

Captain REX
Originally posted by overlord
Yeah, sounds about right.. Just a little noobish in 'story writing'..

It would make sense, regardless.

Escape81
Sorry, as it has been established - I'd forgotten the original form that Vaapad replaced, thus I used Vaapad instead.

Shadow x 20
It's possible for Sidious to know Vaapad. I mean how long has Mace developed it? Prior to The Phantom Meance? If anything that could give Sidious over a decade to learn it but I strongly doubt he did. I would say his form was like that of Yoda's with some added twists.

Escape81
Sidious had to have known Juyo in order to train Maul in that form. It is possible that Sidious knows a little bit of all forms, which would make sense. His style is ambigious and often mimics the stances of various lightsaber forms, predominantly Ataru and aggressive Dark Side attacks. Thus, I believe, it is a combination of Ataru and Juyo.

overlord
Originally posted by Shadow x 20
It's possible for Sidious to know Vaapad. I mean how long has Mace developed it? Prior to The Phantom Meance? If anything that could give Sidious over a decade to learn it but I strongly doubt he did. I would say his form was like that of Yoda's with some added twists. Nah.. He couldn't have known Vaapad..
It has been around for longer than TPM of course but Sidious had almost nothing to do with the jedi before that or there should be some ridiculous book coming out about Maul infiltrating or something but it's safe to assume that Sidious could have never known Vaapad.

Shadow x 20
Yeah that's why I said I strongly doubt it.

overlord
Oh, okay.. Chill out.. fear
I actually wanted to state for the topic that Sidious couldn't have learned Vaapad.

Ianus
I think it's important to realize that saber forms aren't just ways of using your glowstick; they're fighting philosophies and approaches to combat. Sidious may have used things such as Ataru-esque flips or spins, or even Makashi like stabs, but his overall approach was closest to Juyo, in which he is unpredictable and aggressive, almost amateur looking in his approach.

Darth243
Well I just watched his fights with windu and yoda again. And I think that he uses a blend of makashi,juyo,and ataru, but who knows, He did do that spinning manuevre and take out two jedi, then he seemed more "robotic" while fighting mace in that hall way like area, but in the open before the window broke he flipped again and performed what I thought was makashi-like thrusts and stabs.....before he got kicked in the face.

Captain REX
Like I said, it would make sense for him to know multiple styles, being that he is a Sith Master and reviver of Sith power so on and so forth, blah blah blah.

Council#13
i still stick with ataru

Darth Jello
bottom line...his style uses limited acrobatics, and a sort of confusing ambidextrity. His attacks are mostly based on stabbing lunges rather than slashes, thus throwin Jedi off guard.

LandShark
definatly mimics yodas style at times but vaapad I thought used an enemies dark aggression against them and channeled it back etc... that would not serve a sith lord in many confrontations as they train to kill jedi who do not use dark side aggression.....definatly ruling out vaapad...juyo maybe

Blair Wind
wow....this is crazy, made up alien martial arts....with lightsabers too....what has the world come to?????

klintypooh
Is there some sort of lightsaber style that would make all of you go away? If so I vote for that one.

klintypooh
I've just decided lightsabers are going to be called shitesabers from now on.

King KAM
Originally posted by Blair Wind
wow....this is crazy, made up alien martial arts....with lightsabers too....what has the world come to????? too much time on there hands maybe???

Hulk_Power
Originally posted by klintypooh
I've just decided lightsabers are going to be called shitesabers from now on.

I call them glowing dildos....

Blair Wind
Originally posted by King KAM
too much time on there hands maybe???

time is not what holding in there hands shifty

Blair Wind
Originally posted by Hulk_Power
I call them glowing dildos....

laughing

Hulk_Power
time is not what holding in there hands shifty

It's Lucas's dick that's holding their hands.

SnakeEyes
Wow... I like most of you guys, because I know from the Comic Book section, but why are you guys being such assholes now. I don't really care whether you like Star Wars or not, but seriously, you're just deliberatly being cock-juggling assclowns...

Blair Wind
I havent said a word...just wondering what makes a person sit there and make up fightingstyles that come from a movie....with a lightsaber...What the f**k?

lightsaber!!

SnakeEyes
For some odd reason, I knew you were going to respond sarcastically... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Blair Wind
me? never! Im such a good kid really!! I mean ok I played with lightsabers back....when I WAS a kid....but thats neither here nor there shifty

edit: klintys was better.....damn...

klintypooh
Was it the force?

Council#13
The force helps you eat no expression

klintypooh
Force feeding?

overlord
wow....this is crazy, made up alien martial arts....with lightsabers too....what has the world come to????? Originally posted by klintypooh
Is there some sort of lightsaber style that would make all of you go away? If so I vote for that one. zOMG! Hurray for useless comments! eek!

Darth243
What is it with certain ppl destroying the continuity of a good thread/discussion

Blind Guardian
Yes, definately. And to answer the question, it's probably Juyo, since Maul learned it from somewhere.

jollyjim311
And they think we have too much time on our hands. They are just rejects from the Comic Book section, they weren't liked there either.

redcaped
Oh Boy! He induces fear in their hearts, through out the fight he lets his adversary believe they have a chance, slowly draw their energy and have them cornered. evil face

Darth Hawkeye
What a pleasent thread this is Must be having a party lets jump the comic boys and find them and OLD SCHOOl trash can ride home ahh yes Highschool good old days

calvin44
Originally posted by Se7in
He can't know Vaapad, it's Windu's personal form. However, he could know Juyo. I don't think he does. I think it's a personal strain of Ataru.
i think he meant it shared some of the properties of vaapad.

Council#13
I still say Ataru

overlord
I now say multiple as suggested by everyone because it really did seem like he was constantly using different ones.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.