goro vs colossus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

house
Who wins...

Dark Urizen
Colossus. I've read about.....20 or 30 MK comic books and Goro's never shown any potential anywhere close to Colossus strength-wise. As for his firebreath, i truly doubt it's hot enough to hurt Piotr.

jasofisc
I thought goro was 100 class strength however I haven't read any of the MK comics I read that on this forum

Dark Urizen
Originally posted by jasofisc
I thought goro was 100 class strength however I haven't read any of the MK comics I read that on this forum

I'd like to see some proof of that, since i read as many as i could find, and never saw ANYTHING like that.

jasofisc
ok I only herd that on one of these forums

jinzin
he overpowered rayden.. rayden lifted a plane statistically couldn't have weighed less than 80 tons empty... he over powered baraka who lifted a stone building structure which logically couldn't have weighed less than 100 tons unless it was made from plaster...

he's definitely class 100... he has superior fighting ability, more arms, more strength, and probably more speed... but can that really put a dent in C's armor? huh

Dark Urizen
Originally posted by jinzin
he overpowered rayden.. rayden lifted a plane statistically couldn't have weighed less than 80 tons empty... he over powered baraka who lifted a stone building structure which logically couldn't have weighed less than 100 tons unless it was made from plaster...

he's definitely class 100... he has superior fighting ability, more arms, more strength, and probably more speed... but can that really put a dent in C's armor? huh

Which comics did this happen in? The Goro mini? I read it and didn't see anything like this.

jasofisc
yeah post a pic

jinzin
Originally posted by Dark Urizen
Which comics did this happen in? The Goro mini? I read it and didn't see anything like this.

rayden did that in battle tide,

baraka did that in either his own book or one of the official books... someone else posted it a while back...

Dark Urizen
rayden did that in battle tide,

baraka did that in either his own book or one of the official books... someone else posted it a while back...

You mean Battle wave i suppose? I read that and don't remember anything quite like it.....i'm rechecking right now.
As for Baraka, i doubt it. After all, he was getting his @ss handed to him by Jax erm

jinzin
You mean Battle wave i suppose? I read that and don't remember anything quite like it.....i'm rechecking right now.
As for Baraka, i doubt it. After all, he was getting his @ss handed to him by Jax erm

jax was way above human levels of strength and all those fighters could augment their levels of strength via chi or they should at least.. finally in his defense everybody got their ass handed to them by everyone else in that series.. he was wounded and one punched kintaro for christs sake..

King KAM
jax was way above human levels of strength and all those fighters could augment their levels of strength via chi or they should at least.. finally in his defense everybody got their ass handed to them by everyone else in that series.. he was wounded and one punched kintaro for christs sake.. chi is fake

jinzin
Originally posted by King KAM
chi is fake

laughing out loud

King KAM
laughing out loud its true....

Dark Urizen
Just looked. It was in Battlewave 4. He did indeed hold up a very small plane (not exaggerating). He was obviously using his powers to augment himself though.
In the same series, Goro had trouble fighting a normal human bodyguard called Bo. erm

jinzin
Just looked. It was in Battlewave 4. He did indeed hold up a very small plane (not exaggerating). He was obviously using his powers to augment himself though.
In the same series, Goro had trouble fighting a normal human bodyguard called Bo. erm

no he didn't... What the f**k?

bo attempted to fight goro and goro troll punched him in the chest.. bo got up from that but he also proved to be above what we consider peak human levels...

Dark Urizen
no he didn't... What the f**k?

bo attempted to fight goro and goro troll punched him in the chest.. bo got up from that but he also proved to be above what we consider peak human levels...

Bo got right back up ready to keep fighting. erm
He was human. Nothing in all the series indicated otherwise. Just cause he can hang with the big ones in MK doesn't mean he's above peak human. It can also mean they're crap sad

And yes....he did.

jinzin
Bo got right back up ready to keep fighting. erm
He was human. Nothing in all the series indicated otherwise. Just cause he can hang with the big ones in MK doesn't mean he's above peak human. It can also mean they're crap sad

And yes....he did.

he did absolutely nothing but get troll punched in the chest and fall down...

Dark Urizen
he did absolutely nothing but get troll punched in the chest and fall down...

Didn't my attachment work? confused
I distinctly read an "unngh" coming from Goro. Next page, Liu Kang gets back up (Goro wasn't even able to knock him out) and kicks him from behind. Goro runs away...
That kinda......says something IMO erm

jinzin
Didn't my attachment work? confused
I distinctly read an "unngh" coming from Goro. Next page, Liu Kang gets back up (Goro wasn't even able to knock him out) and kicks him from behind. Goro runs away...
That kinda......says something IMO erm

i thought he kicked goro out a window... confused

and what did bo do to goro? nothing.. he was an annoyance.. nothing more..

Dark Urizen
i thought he kicked goro out a window... confused

and what did bo do to goro? nothing.. he was an annoyance.. nothing more..

Oh.....right.......thrown out a window......my bad. Though it makes no sense how he was facing them while crashing through the window....or how he could talk two full sentences while crashing through the window laughing out loud

So? He had a crappy showing of strength and skill as well erm

jinzin
Oh.....right.......thrown out a window......my bad. Though it makes no sense how he was facing them while crashing through the window....or how he could talk two full sentences while crashing through the window laughing out loud

So? He had a crappy showing of strength and skill as well erm

he's facing away from them when he sails through the window..

not killing someone above peak human levels with a weak punch doesn't mean he's weak.. hell even hulk's done that with peak humans...

and getting kicked out of a window from behind isn't exaclty a bad display of skill.. just a display of lack of spider sense.

xmarksthespot
not killing someone above peak human levels with a weak punch doesn't mean he's weak.. hell even hulk's done that with peak humans...Like Wolverine... shifty ... sorry couldn't resist....

jinzin
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Like Wolverine... shifty ... sorry couldn't resist....

except that wolverine has WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY above peak human level durability.. so no.. not like wolverine... confused

xmarksthespot
except that wolverine has WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY above peak human level durability.. so no.. not like wolverine... confused Regenerative ability vs durability.... meh just an aside... back to your actual discussion...

King KAM
Regenerative ability vs durability.... meh just an aside... back to your actual discussion... wolverine can be shot about 30 times, and then stabbed in the throat, and be alright....

jinzin
Regenerative ability vs durability.... meh just an aside... back to your actual discussion...

you don't think the admantium skeleton adds to his durability? What the f**k?

house
lol every thread started someway turns around into wolverine discussion...

Dark Urizen
he's facing away from them when he sails through the window..

not killing someone above peak human levels with a weak punch doesn't mean he's weak.. hell even hulk's done that with peak humans...

and getting kicked out of a window from behind isn't exaclty a bad display of skill.. just a display of lack of spider sense.

Hmmmm......maybe.......to me it seemed like he was facing them.

Kill? He didn't even knock either of them out messed

jinzin
Hmmmm......maybe.......to me it seemed like he was facing them.

Kill? He didn't even knock either of them out messed

actually it seemed he KOed lui kang.. however short the duration may have been.

Dark Urizen
actually it seemed he KOed lui kang.. however short the duration may have been.

Still not 100 ton class material IMO

jinzin
Still not 100 ton class material IMO

it would seem to me we must simply agree to disagree then... IMO goro has overwhelmed warriors who've proven to have class 100 strength or something close. and he's done so with ease. his durability certainly seems to be on par with class 100 characters.. taking thunder bolts and falling out of skyscrapers... hell invisable woman had to save thing from a shorter drop than the one that goro took and goro doesn't even get a scratch from it. not to mention that he outclasses warriors known to have the strength and power of hundreds of "eaten" souls within them.

Wynndar
easy now...lets not bring Thing into this smile

jinzin
Originally posted by Wynndar
easy now...lets not bring Thing into this smile

he has heart! embarrasment

Dark Urizen
it would seem to me we must simply agree to disagree then... IMO goro has overwhelmed warriors who've proven to have class 100 strength or something close. and he's done so with ease. his durability certainly seems to be on par with class 100 characters.. taking thunder bolts and falling out of skyscrapers... hell invisable woman had to save thing from a shorter drop than the one that goro took and goro doesn't even get a scratch from it. not to mention that he outclasses warriors known to have the strength and power of hundreds of "eaten" souls within them.

Yep, we have to agree to disagree stick out tongue
Thing is crap........so i'm not surprised erm
As for the "eaten souls" thing, you know it's totally different than the "sum of the parts". Whole goddamn chi mystical crap mad

meep-meep
It seems to me Goro doesn't have a 100 class strength level if he did that bodyguard (who I understand is only a tough guy in a suit but otherwise still human) who he hit would have been a smashed into a pancake. And why would Goro just give him a weak punch. Goro doesn't seem to me to be the kind of monster to just hold back a punch especially when right after he was kicked by Liu Kang he told them he would and I quote "walk them to their graves." Does this sound like the kind of person or thing that would hold back a punch?

Ultimate Rage
colossus will rip off his Dick and all his arms in under 10 seconds......

jinzin
Yep, we have to agree to disagree stick out tongue
Thing is crap........so i'm not surprised erm
As for the "eaten souls" thing, you know it's totally different than the "sum of the parts". Whole goddamn chi mystical crap mad
)i hope the thing fans don't see that, they'll go crazy...lol)

we really don't know that though... hell else could the elderly shang tsung be an equivolent to a god? it would have to be the total sum of the parts since one punch from rayden should logically turn an elderly man's bones into dust but they don't.... from that I gather it must be the total sum... but you're right due to the feats being chi induced it is hard to tell...

Originally posted by meep-meep
It seems to me Goro doesn't have a 100 class strength level if he did that bodyguard (who I understand is only a tough guy in a suit but otherwise still human) who he hit would have been a smashed into a pancake. And why would Goro just give him a weak punch. Goro doesn't seem to me to be the kind of monster to just hold back a punch especially when right after he was kicked by Liu Kang he told them he would and I quote "walk them to their graves." Does this sound like the kind of person or thing that would hold back a punch?

again.. this would seem to be underdetermined by feats though..BO proved to be way above peak human in capablilities.. infact every normal human in that series wasn't normal at all...

jax was benching some serious weight doing 500 reps without chi. he punched the ground so hard it caused his opponents to get KOed from the quake... BO seemed to be around that level of strength.. certainly above peak human.... and if goro wasn't holding back he would have killed bo even his weakest showings of strength prove that....

the last time wolverine saw someone do something like this he claimed only a handful of people in the world possessed that kind of strength.. having fought basically every brick the marvel U has to offer.. I'd have to take his word for it....

Metalmanx
)the last time wolverine saw someone do something like this he claimed only a handful of people in the world possessed that kind of strength.. having fought basically every brick the marvel U has to offer.. I'd have to take his word for it....

Saw someone do what? Smash a car? At least that's what it looks like to me. Wolverine must have some pretty low standards then.

jinzin
Originally posted by Metalmanx
Saw someone do what? Smash a car? At least that's what it looks like to me. Wolverine must have some pretty low standards then.

smash a car into debris...

olympian
Im getting interested in MK again. More cool scans of the comics would be great, something like the best feats/showings.

jinzin
Originally posted by olympian
Im getting interested in MK again. More cool scans of the comics would be great, something like the best feats/showings.

it's hard to do man.. mainly because the comics were one big fight sequence where everyone fouht everyone else at least once.. it got kind of ridiculous.. but there is a comic series based on decpetion that is slated to come out mid next year... and it's been given the goahead to do the cannon interpretation of the mk storyline.. I can't wait personally.. the art looks great...

house
hey how about onaga vs goro?

jinzin
onaga... goro needs to team up with shao kahn just to present a threat to the dragon king..

house
I know shang tsung, Quan chi and raidens most powerful blasts didnt do squat to the dragon king.

pea55
smash a car into debris... It has been stated in other threads that that feat of Goro smashing that car was a non canon feat!

red sabre
Lol Mortal Kombat is the worst source ever to judge a character, their inconsistency with the character strength and overall abilities is well known, goro can smash a car but lose to humans in a fight, guys like scorpion and sub zero getting their ass handed to them by every single character in the mortal kombat universe, motaro and kintaro getting their asses handed to them by stryker, the fights in mortal kombat does not make any sense at all and never did

goro vs colossus? based on the fact goro was taken out by humans many times i will go with colossus on this even with the fact he is a crappy fighter

Sixth_Winged
Goro hasn't displayed sufficient strength to be even be counted in the class 30+ in the games. Collossus would just laugh his attacks off with his organic metal skin and stomps him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.