Blink vs Spider-Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

xmarksthespot
Blink... vs Spider-Man... shifty

No PIS/CIS. No prep. Who wins /10?

Dark Urizen
Originally posted by xmarksthespot

internal organs ported outside = dead spiderman.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Dark Urizen
internal organs ported outside = dead spiderman. But the spider sense... he'll dodge it...

Dark Urizen
But the spider sense... he'll dodge it...

laughing out loud i love hate threads.

xmarksthespot
Hate? I bring you love...
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/customavatars/avatar28715_2.gif

Dark Urizen
Hate? I bring you love...
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/customavatars/avatar28715_2.gif

laughing out loud
You've been spending too much time with Long Pig.
How....bout.....some time with .........me? shifty
naughty

xmarksthespot
laughing out loud
You've been spending too much time with Long Pig.
How....bout.....some time with .........me? shifty
naughty naughty Only until the morphine wears off...

Dark Urizen
naughty Only until the morphine wears off...

But of course eyes

xmarksthespot
Someone is bound to say this:Originally posted by xmarksthespot
But the spider sense... he'll dodge it... ... eventually and you know it.

Melnorme

Spider-Man points out that Blink is from a non-existant timeline and a defunct title.

Spidey 10/10.

Dark Urizen
Someone is bound to say this:... eventually and you know it.

Unfortunately, it's unavoidable sad

Metalmanx
Someone is bound to say this:... eventually and you know it.

I feel like I'm about to walk into a wall of spikes...but I'm completely serious when I say that Spidey would indeed be able to avoid most of Blink's teleportation attacks. Not all of them, however.

It's far too late for me to go into detail, so I'll do it later.

Dark Urizen
Originally posted by Metalmanx
I feel like I'm about to walk into a wall of spikes...but I'm completely serious when I say that Spidey would indeed be able to avoid most of Blink's teleportation attacks. Not all of them, however.

It's far too late for me to go into detail, so I'll do it later.

What the f**k?

Check out the scans on page 2 and 3 and then explain how Spiderman can dodge that...

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=379672&perpage=20&highlight=Blink+and+shadowcat&pagenumber=3

Tha C-Master
Blink, quite easily I might add...

Arahan
What is a Blink?

DigiMark007
Blink can't simply think about it and port SM's organs, can she?? Kinda dumb if you ask me.

Anyway, those scans of Blink are impressive, but nothing Spidey couldn't dodge....for a while at least (go check the link in my sig and scroll down to the speed feats for some examples of him dodging similar barrages).

Eventually she'd land a hit and that's all it would take. But wouldn't one punch knock her out? Spidey could probably manage that a decent amount of the time. Blink 7/10, unless she can do the "think about it and your heart is on the moon" trick. In that case, 10/10.

-DM

Dark Urizen
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Blink can't simply think about it and port SM's organs, can she?? Kinda dumb if you ask me.

Anyway, those scans of Blink are impressive, but nothing Spidey couldn't dodge....for a while at least (go check the link in my sig and scroll down to the speed feats for some examples of him dodging similar barrages).

Eventually she'd land a hit and that's all it would take. But wouldn't one punch knock her out? Spidey could probably manage that a decent amount of the time. Blink 7/10, unless she can do the "think about it and your heart is on the moon" trick. In that case, 10/10.

-DM

What the f**k? which part of her blinking the serum directly inside avalanche's brain did you not see? What the f**k?
How the f*ck can he dodge that? remove his brain? What the f**k?

DigiMark007
What the f**k? which part of her blinking the serum directly inside avalanche's brain did you not see? What the f**k?
How the f*ck can he dodge that? remove his brain? What the f**k?

Yeah, missed that. 10/10 then...like I said earlier (provided she could do stuff like that). Blink seems rather...cheap...to me though. And if she ports it to a spot, wouldn't his spider-sense warn him so he'd be in a different spot by the time she tried to teleport him, or soemthing inside of him, etc?? Maybe I'm not understanding the power correctly, but if she could just do stuff like that all the time without anyone having a chance to dodge, she'd be near cosmic level in the people she could beat.

Dark Urizen
Yeah, missed that. 10/10 then...like I said earlier (provided she could do stuff like that). Blink seems rather...cheap...to me though. And if she ports it to a spot, wouldn't his spider-sense warn him so he'd be in a different spot by the time she tried to teleport him, or soemthing inside of him, etc?? Maybe I'm not understanding the power correctly, but if she could just do stuff like that all the time without anyone having a chance to dodge, she'd be near cosmic level in the people she could beat.

Yeah, she doesn't port things into a certain space which he could let's say jump out of but if he stays there he's screwed. She directs it with her mind IMO. Which is why she could do transfer half a ton of sand into King Hyperion while he was vibrating so fast he couldn't be physically touched, why she was able to teleport a bunch of creatures that Thor was having trouble with (cl. 100 IMO) into space, etc. etc.

It's kinda cheap, yeah, but she very rarely uses her powers to their full extent. Only when there's real trouble or she's royally p1ssed off...and since the forum rules say bloodlusted......well.......Spidey's just not gonna make it sad

DigiMark007
Yeah ok....Blink wins 11/10. Just had to try to defend my boy. smile

Dark Urizen
Yeah ok....Blink wins 11/10. Just had to try to defend my boy. smile

laughing
If you don't have loyalty, what DO you have? stick out tongue

Metalmanx
What the f**k?

Check out the scans on page 2 and 3 and then explain how Spiderman can dodge that...

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=379672&perpage=20&highlight=Blink+and+shadowcat&pagenumber=3

Okay, I understand that she is very powerful, I already knew these things about her. But, it seems to be that the opponent has to at least be in the same general spot in order for the "porting something into them" thing to work.

So, when his spider sense goes off, Spidey moves, and whatever was going to be ported into/out of him, has just missed.

Now, I'm not saying that he could do that all the time. Eventually those things will catch up to him. But I just don't think it'd be a slaughter. Spidey is an amazing on-the-fly thinker, as he's proven over and over again over the years.

Blink 7/10.

The Ion
So why is Blink considered street level again?

Arahan
Hmm because of the hair style?

Khellendros
Actually, all the opponents she's teleported something inside of have been standing still more or less. It's a tossup in my mind whether, say, leaping ten feet stright up a split second before the object(s) materialize inside him would save his life. I'm betting, at some point, someone with a comparable level of agility or tons of speed will see a teleport attack coming and dodge. Till then, its up to the individual what they think would happen.

Melnorme
Originally posted by Arahan
Hmm because of the hair style? laughing

StyleTime
I am going to join Metalmanx in the walk into a "wall of spikes" and say Spiderman won't loose so terribly. I am actually going to say Spiderman can win this. Blink does seem to do the "brain death port" move only to people who aren't really moving. Spiderman also fought Nightcrawler without having his head teleported off, or anything close to that for that matter. If they start off near each other I believe Spiderman is quick enough to get the majority of wins here. I don't think she can "{insert item} death port" on someone who is moving so fast he's a blur.

Spiderman 7/10

xmarksthespot
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y116/anticryste/Blink3.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y116/anticryste/Blink4.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y116/anticryste/blink.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y116/anticryste/Blink5.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y116/anticryste/blinksentinel.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y116/anticryste/blinksentinel2.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y116/anticryste/blink6.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y116/anticryste/blink7.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y116/anticryste/blink8.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v442/preacherofnothing/blinkport.jpg

StyleTime
I've seen the scans lol.

Still, she did the death port on immobile people. I'm not saying she can't win, but I do think Spiderman can win this.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by StyleTime
I've seen the scans lol.

Still, she did the death port on immobile people. I'm not saying she can't win, but I do think Spiderman can win this. ... no expression What is he going to do to her?

Draco69
After seeing those scans, Spidey's like totally screwed. Blink could probably take out the likes of Thor...

StyleTime
... no expression What is he going to do to her?
She still has land one of those things on him and her death port targeting hasn't been explained well, but it hasn't been done on anyone really moving anywhere. If they start anywhere near each other, like where Hyperion was, I don't see her winning the majority. If Hyperion wasn't being a cocky loser, he could have just punched her head off as well.

xmarksthespot
She's still got to hit him. If they start anywhere near each other, like where Hyperion was, I don't see her winning the majority. If Hyperio wasn't being a cocky loser, he could have just punched her head off as well. ...

StyleTime
Doesn't it seem weird that Blink had the reflexes to block that attack?

I still don't see how she would land a portal on Spiderman up close.

On a side note: I never really got something about that fight. Did Hyperion loose durability after that blast, because I didn't think Gambit charging him would blow him up. Shouldn't durability be a power that is always on? Nice pic by the way.

Draco69
Blink also has rather enhanced reflexes. She dodges lasers with the best of them.

StyleTime
Yes, but Gambit has dodged lasers to and I wouldn't really put his reflexes on par with Spiderman's.

Dark Urizen
She still has land one of those things on him and her death port targeting hasn't been explained well, but it hasn't been done on anyone really moving anywhere. If they start anywhere near each other, like where Hyperion was, I don't see her winning the majority. If Hyperion wasn't being a cocky loser, he could have just punched her head off as well.

She doesn't have to land those things when fighting single opponents (javelins). EG: with Avalanche.
Those rainbow colored things she ports into space, they were moving. They were 100 class bastards that were giving the likes of Thor and Mimic a LOT of trouble. And they were in full battle mode, so......yeah, moving quite frantically around.
Another example is Hyperion vibrating so fast that you could put your hand through him. But she still gets the sand INSIDE his body. If it's like you say, that she was porting the sand in his location, it wouldn't have entered his body.

Warmonger
hey you forgot to show the pic of her trying to port the Hulk and it not working...

Dark Urizen
Originally posted by Warmonger
hey you forgot to show the pic of her trying to port the Hulk and it not working...

You mean the Hulk from the alternate world that was quite different from 616 Hulk? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Draco69

The only reason it didn't work was because of the excess amount of gamma radiation he was exuding.

Warmonger
Who cares why, the point is that her powers are not infalliable, not that its going to help out peter.

Dark Urizen
Who cares why, the point is that her powers are not infalliable, not that its going to help out peter.

It does matter, because AFAIK Spiderman doesn't resemble OUR Hulk or the one in that reality in any way. So i don't see why everything wouldn't work on him erm

Arahan
Somehow Blink is sexy. I think she is attractive, must be the skin color or the hair style.

Dark Urizen
Somehow Blink is sexy. I think she is attractive, must be the skin color or the hair style.

join the club wink

Arahan
Join mode activated: Arahan is joining the club.
Access to 1000 Blink photos granted, Have fun laughing out loud

Dark Urizen
Join mode activated: Arahan is joining the club.
Accessing credit card account...
Access to 1000 Blink photos granted, Have fun laughing out loud

There. fixed your post big grin

Arahan
There. fixed your post big grin

omg I dont have one, I have to take my daddys card....again laughing out loud

Dark Urizen
omg I dont have one, I have to take my daddys card....again laughing out loud

laughing Someone's gonna be cut from the will laughing out loud

Arahan
nah dont worry he has no other children. I am the only one wink
Who else should take the money? The pope laughing

Dark Urizen
nah dont worry he has no other children. I am the only one wink
Who else should take the money? The pope laughing

The ANTI-pope evil face

http://img431.imageshack.us/my.php?image=101rj.jpg

Arahan
roflmao laughing laughing out loud

brainchild81
I've seen her do some pretty brutal s**t. She'd f**k Spidey up somethin' awful.

Dark Urizen
roflmao laughing laughing out loud

evil face The Anti-pope rules evil face

StyleTime
She doesn't have to land those things when fighting single opponents (javelins). EG: with Avalanche.
Those rainbow colored things she ports into space, they were moving. They were 100 class bastards that were giving the likes of Thor and Mimic a LOT of trouble. And they were in full battle mode, so......yeah, moving quite frantically around.
Another example is Hyperion vibrating so fast that you could put your hand through him. But she still gets the sand INSIDE his body. If it's like you say, that she was porting the sand in his location, it wouldn't have entered his body.
All the things she teleported were easier targets than Spiderman.

Once again, Hyperion, although vibrating, was still in one spot. The sand, like Blink even states, "gets in everywhere." He was vibrating but his molecules were still within the area his still body was.

It is also stated in the first scan, that she must focus her energy on ONE spot. I don't see her death porting being of much use if she is doing it where Spiderman used to be standing.

I see her portal things( I know they're called javelins) being much more dangerous to Spiderman than the death porting.

Warmonger
It does matter, because AFAIK Spiderman doesn't resemble OUR Hulk or the one in that reality in any way. So i don't see why everything wouldn't work on him erm

which is why I daid "not that it is going to help peter much"

xmarksthespot
It is also stated in the first scan, that she must focus her energy on ONE spot. I don't see her death porting being of much use if she is doing it where Spiderman used to be standing. erm http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y116/anticryste/blink6.jpg

Dark Urizen
All the things she teleported were easier targets than Spiderman.

Once again, Hyperion, although vibrating, was still in one spot. The sand, like Blink even states, "gets in everywhere." He was vibrating but his molecules were still within the area his still body was.

It is also stated in the first scan, that she must focus her energy on ONE spot. I don't see her death porting being of much use if she is doing it where Spiderman used to be standing.

I see her portal things( I know they're called javelins) being much more dangerous to Spiderman than the death porting.

No, he wasn't in "one spot".
He was vibrating so fast that anything would go through his form. If you would put your hand out, it would pass through him, as if he weren't there. Kinda like Superman did to Doomsday. If the sand were just "put there", it would fall to the ground as if Hyperion weren't there. She attacked him internally, not the spot he was in.

Where the hell does it say that??? i didn't notice it anywhere...

Dark Urizen
erm http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y116/anticryste/blink6.jpg

Maybe you should tell them the guy in the red suit being in awe is an alternate Spiderman wink

xmarksthespot
He was vibrating so fast that anything would go through his form. If you would put your hand out, it would pass through him, as if he weren't there. Kinda like Superman did to Doomsday. If the sand were just "put there", it would fall to the ground as if Hyperion weren't there. She attacked him internally, not the spot he was in.

Where the hell does it say that??? i didn't notice it anywhere... It says "By focusing her energies on one spot" (i.e. a spot, any spot) she can teleport things. It doesn't say she can only teleport one thing or one place.

Dark Urizen
It says "By focusing her energies on one spot" (i.e. a spot, any spot) she can teleport things. It doesn't say she can only teleport one thing or one place.

Oh....right......which IMO reinforces what i said that she directs things telepathically to wherever she wants to, regardless of whether the target is moving or not.

xmarksthespot
Oh....right......which IMO reinforces what i said that she directs things telepathically to wherever she wants to, regardless of whether the target is moving or not. In AoA she teleports Sabretooth and Wildchild to where Holocaust is without actually knowing exactly where Holocaust is...

Dark Urizen
In AoA she teleports Sabretooth and Wildchild to where Holocaust is without knowing exactly where Holocaust is...

which continues to agree with my general theory big grin

StyleTime

Where the hell does it say that??? i didn't notice it anywhere...
He was in one spot. He molecules were just moving around extremely quickly.
It says "By focusing her energies on one spot" (i.e. a spot, any spot) she can teleport things. It doesn't say she can only teleport one thing or one place.
I was referring strictly to the death porting thing. I know she can throw the multiple javelins. I believe the javelins will cause problems for Spiderman.
Maybe you should tell them the guy in the red suit being in awe is an alternate Spiderman wink
Well, he didn't get ported anywhere.

xmarksthespot
Well, he didn't get ported anywhere. Didn't react fast enough to stop the ports from getting their targets though... probably because teleportation is instantaneous....

Everything is constantly moving... the earth rotates at 1,600 km/h...

Dark Urizen
He was in one spot. He molecules were just moving around extremely quickly.

Doesn't matter. Point being that she didn't port the sand into the spot he was occupying. She ported it directly into his body, since porting the sand into the spot he was occupying would have done NOTHING.

StyleTime
Didn't react fast enough to stop the ports from getting their targets though... probably because teleportation is instantaneous....

Everything is constantly moving... the earth rotates at 1,600 km/h...
I'm not sure what you mean by "getting their targets?"

Teleporting other things or just appearing?

xmarksthespot

Teleporting other things or just appearing? Capturing even one of the little kids before they got ported away... if one can react and move out of a port before it occurs one should in theory be able to move into it before it occurs.

Dark Urizen

Teleporting other things or just appearing?

Long story short, if that's the issue i remember, both the exiles team and the evil team (called weapon x) had to kill a bunch of kids (one in particular). The weapon x team wants to kill them. Blink doesn't. She instantaneously ports all the children away. Spider (the one in red) is another version of Spider-man, only evil as hell. He didn't react in any way fast enough to snatch any of those kids in time.

StyleTime
Capturing even one of the little kids before they got ported away... if one can react and move out of a port before it occurs one should in theory be able to move into it before it occurs.
Having no idea where the portal would take him, I don't think Spiderman would commit suicide by jumping into one the portals.

Dark Urizen
Having no idea where the portal would take him, I don't think Spiderman would commit suicide by jumping into one the portals.

Read what i wrote. She didn't want them to kill the children. I doubt she would've sent them to somewhere dangerous, don't you? roll eyes (sarcastic)

StyleTime
Long story short, if that's the issue i remember, both the exiles team and the evil team (called weapon x) had to kill a bunch of kids (one in particular). The weapon x team wants to kill them. Blink doesn't. She instantaneously ports all the children away. Spider (the one in red) is another version of Spider-man, only evil as hell. He didn't react in any way fast enough to snatch any of those kids in time.
Very true, but we have to remember that Spiderman won't be trying to save anyone in this fight. He'll just be in it for himself.

Dark Urizen
Very true, but we have to remember that Spiderman won't be trying to save anyone in this fight. He'll just be in it for himself.

WTF does that have to do with anything? The point X was trying to make (IMO) was that Spider was unable to react fast enough to an insta-port that teleported a crapload of kids at the same time.
So why would he be able to react to him being the one teleported into space or whatever?

xmarksthespot
She wants to teleport something into something, she does. Blink thinks: 'I want to teleport Sabretooth and Wildchild to where Holocaust is.' She does. Holocaust is moving around, she has no idea where he is exactly, the earth is rotating at 450 m/s, and she has no idea what environment she's porting them into whether there are buildings or people etc. She ports them.

Blink: 'I want to port this rock into Spider-Man's head.' Spider-Man moves. It still goes into his head...

StyleTime
WTF does that have to do with anything? The point X was trying to make (IMO) was that Spider was unable to react fast enough to an insta-port that teleported a crapload of kids at the same time.
So why would he be able to react to him being the one teleported into space or whatever?
Calm down man lol

Trying to snatch one of the kids involves a little more action than simply moving out of the way. I am also assuming Spiderman and Blink will be next to each other when they fight.

xmarksthespot
I am also assuming Spiderman and Blink will be next to each other when they fight. Huh? huh

StyleTime
She wants to teleport something into something, she does. Blink thinks: 'I want to teleport Sabretooth and Wildchild to where Holocaust is.' She does. Holocaust is moving around, she has no idea where he is exactly, the earth is rotating at 450 m/s, and she has no idea what environment she's porting them into whether there are buildings or people etc. She ports them.

Blink: 'I want to port this rock into Spider-Man's head.' Spider-Man moves. It still goes into his head...
Hmm, I was just about to ask about this. I didn't know her power worked like that. I thought she still had to know where the person is. Since she can do this, I definitely give her the win.

Thanks for being patient xmarksthespotlol. I know I was coming off as fanboyish, but I honestly saw a chance for victory before you said that.

Blink 8/10

Dark Urizen
Calm down man lol

Trying to snatch one of the kids involves a little more action than simply moving out of the way. I am also assuming Spiderman and Blink will be next to each other when they fight.

laughing out loud
Let's recap:

1. Blink can teleport using her javelins. She's shown that her skill in throwing them is awesome.
2. Blink can teleport someone to any location she can think of without even throwing javelins. It's unknown if someone could avoid the teleport, since during the entire Exiles series, NO ONE managed to avoid the teleport.
3. Blink can teleport anything into Spiderman's body by simply willing it to happen, no matter if he's moving or not.
4. If Spiderman makes the mistake of tossing webbing her way, he's going to wake up with it stuck to himself, making himself even more vulnerable (as thought it wasn't enough).

Dark Urizen
Hmm, I was just about to ask about this. I didn't know her power worked like that. I thought she still had to know where the person is. Since she can do this, I definitely give her the win.

Thanks for being patient xmarksthespotlol. I know I was coming off as fanboyish, but I honestly saw a chance for victory before you said that.

Blink 8/10

X always gets all the goddamn glory sad

cry

xmarksthespot
Indeed, I'm a glory whore...

Hmm... no not fanboyish, interesting discussion.

One thing though... what makes you think he could actually even move out of the way though? When I say Blink's teleporting is instantaneous, I'm not being hyperbolic. It's teleportation. It's instantaneous. Even if the Spider-sense warned him of it just before it happened, as it happens i.e. as something disappears it reappears in a different location. There is no latency and there is no trajectory.

StyleTime
Indeed, I'm a glory whore...

Hmm... no not fanboyish, interesting discussion.

One thing though... what makes you think he could actually even move out of the way though? When I say Blink's teleporting is instantaneous, I'm not being hyperbolic. It's teleportation. It's instantaneous. Even if the Spider-sense warned him of it just before it happened, as it happens i.e. as something disappears it reappears in a different location. There is no latency and there is no trajectory.
Looking at any of Blinks pictures, it seems her teleporting is an "open and drop" type deal. It always looks like one of her portals opens, THEN the teleport....ee falls in/jumps in/etc. I always thought the teleport was a latent effect after the portal manifests itself. I figured Spiderman would sense the portal opening and preempt the actual teleport by moving.

I blame my point of view on the pictures.

Dark Urizen
Looking at any of Blinks pictures, it seems her teleporting is an "open and drop" type deal. It always looks like one of her portals opens, THEN the teleport....ee falls in/jumps in/etc. I figured Spiderman would sense the portal opening and preempt the actual teleport by moving.

I blame my point of view on the pictures.

It's Nightcrawler-ish speed, aka nearly instantaneous. I'm not sure if it's instantaneous, but damn near. Far too quick for anybody, spiderman or anyone to avoid (unless we're talking Wally West here stick out tongue )

StyleTime
It's Nightcrawler-ish speed, aka nearly instantaneous. I'm not sure if it's instantaneous, but damn near. Far too quick for anybody, spiderman or anyone to avoid (unless we're talking Wally West here stick out tongue )
The reason I thought Spiderman would win is because I thought that Blink's power worked similarly to Nightcrawler's actually. ROGUE and WOLVERINE can beat Nightcrawler's teleport for crying out loud lol.
Spiderman also beat Nightcrawler when they fought, so I believed he'd get the best of Blink as well.

Dark Urizen
The reason I thought Spiderman would win is because I thought that Blink's power worked similarly to Nightcrawler's actually. ROGUE and WOLVERINE can beat Nightcrawler's teleport for crying out loud lol.
Spiderman also beat Nightcrawler when they fought, so I believed he'd get the best of Blink as well.

What the f**k? By Nightcrawler-ish speed i mean from the second it takes for the "spoof" to appear till the following tenth of a second when he's gone What the f**k?

StyleTime
What the f**k? By Nightcrawler-ish speed i mean from the second it takes for the "spoof" to appear till the following tenth of a second when he's gone What the f**k?
Rogue and Wolverine have tagged him while he was teleporting. Rogue almost killed him actually. I figured that Spiderman would have a much better chance since he is faster than both of them.

Dark Urizen
Rogue and Wolverine have tagged him while he was teleporting. Rogue almost killed him actually. I figured that Spiderman would have a much better chance since he is faster than both of them.

*sigh*
I meant the *puff* time, not his apparition and disappearance.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.