Thanos runs the gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DrDoom101
Thanos runs the Marvel/DC gauntlet. He has no preparation from 1-5 but he has two hours of prep before each battle from 6-10. Thanos gets 100% recovery from each battle.

1) Superman/Wonder Woman
2) Aquaman and Namor both fresh from water
3) Silver Surfer
4) Thor and Beta Ray Bill
5) Gog Wars Doomsday w/5 lives

6) Magneto/Exodus/Leader with three hours of prep
7) Maestro/Professor/Savage/Mindless/War Hulk
8) Full Power Tyrant
9) Dr. Strange w/one hour of prep
10) Zeus/King Thor/Immortal Hercules/Odin

Where does he stop?

NOTE: i gave Strange only one hour of prep on purpose because IF Thanos manages to get through Strange, then he would have more prep and rest time fro 10.

golem370
I'd say he makes it to 7 before he gets stoped

K Von Doom
2 hours prep... he makes it to 8.

King KAM
Originally posted by K Von Doom
2 hours prep... he makes it to 8. i agree, but knowing thanos, with the 2 hours, he will gather like 4 cosmic cubes....

Juntai
Unless he just teleports him somewhere or something, rather than actually fighting him, he would stop at number 5.

thesilverspider
at 5

Darth_Erebus
He gets to 8 and Tyrant (who at full power should be last on the list) kills him.

Beyonder

leonidas

though i'd love to see the results of a destroyer destroying godforce blast on thanos . . .

thesilverspider
Originally posted by leonidas

see leo you're one of the only reasonable guys on this forum.

leonidas
Originally posted by thesilverspider
see leo you're one of the only reasonable guys on this forum.

laughing

'fraid that depends on who you ask . . . wink

thesilverspider
laughing

'fraid that depends on who you ask . . . wink

and who might think differently?

leonidas
hmm, they're around . . . shifty

thesilverspider
hmm, they're around . . . shifty

they always are .....

Ex11B
Gogs War Doomsday?..hmmmmmmmm,that would be a good fight.If Thanos does,and i say if,get by GWD.Then theres no way he gets past Tyrant,although i could be wrong,as usual stick out tongue

K Von Doom
seeings as thanos had about five seconds prep (went into a room and got a gun of some sort) against warrior mad thor with power gem, and had thor contained, he'd do a lot more with 2 hours.

Laminator_X
Tyrant stops him.

He wouldn't beat Doomsday through brute force, but I don't doubt that he could outsmart him. Remember, only possesing ultimate power makes Thanos succeptable to Induced Stupidity.

Avalonofthewind
Aquaman and Namor are higher than Supes and WW?
A no prep Thanos wouldnt make it past #1.
2 Superspeed opponents, and an unbreakable lasso of truth.

Beyonder
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind

A no prep Thanos wouldnt make it past #1.
2 Superspeed opponents, and an unbreakable lasso of truth.

rolling on floor laughing

kgkg
Originally posted by Beyonder
rolling on floor laughing laughing

Avalonofthewind
rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing smokin'

Dark Urizen
Am i really the only one who thinks he'll have a hard time getting past Superman and WW?
It was said Thanos is Marvel's response to Darkseid, and in that (crappy) amalgam thing, they were even considered "brothers" or some such.
While IMO Thanos is indeed a bit more powerful than Darkseid (mostly because of his enormous genius), Darkseid got thrashed on multiple occassions by Superman alone.
Superman would prove to be very difficult to beat, and with Diana backing him up, it just goes further erm

kgkg
Originally posted by Dark Urizen
Am i really the only one who thinks he'll have a hard time getting past Superman and WW?
It was said Thanos is Marvel's response to Darkseid, and in that (crappy) amalgam thing, they were even considered "brothers" or some such.
While IMO Thanos is indeed a bit more powerful than Darkseid (mostly because of his enormous genius), Darkseid got thrashed on multiple occassions by Superman alone.
Superman would prove to be very difficult to beat, and with Diana backing him up, it just goes further erm
in the amalgam Darkseid was = Odin

Thor even says his powers rival that of Odin

in crossover Darksied was indeed = Thanos ------ but also >>>>> Superman.

Thanos takes supes level guys by just lifting his hand

Magic_attack
I think if Thanos gets past 5, he goes all the way.

Dark Urizen
Originally posted by kgkg
in the amalgam Darkseid was = Odin

Thor even says his powers rival that of Odin

in crossover Darksied was indeed = Thanos ------ but also >>>>> Superman.

Thanos takes supes level guys by just lifting his hand

Yeah, reason for which i said (crappy).
I personally don't remember seeing Thanos defeat anyone Superman-ish. Maybe you could give an example?

leonidas
supes and ww WOULD give him hell, no doubt about it. IF they could lasso him they could get a win. but i don't think they could do enough damage to ko him, and thanos has dealt with speedsters before.

their only chance is the lasso -- it's possible for them to win, just not likely imo.

thesilverspider
supes and ww WOULD give him hell, no doubt about it. IF they could lasso him they could get a win. but i don't think they could do enough damage to ko him, and thanos has dealt with speedsters before.

their only chance is the lasso -- it's possible for them to win, just not likely imo.

would lasso work against thanos shield's?

Crease
The top 3 need to switched around a bit, but regardless, he gets to 7.

thesilverspider
I personally don't remember seeing Thanos defeat anyone Superman-ish. Maybe you could give an example?

how many time's has thanos taken the surfer out and the way surfer can take ww and supes at the same time. stick out tongue

thanos has beaten thor and thing at once took out drax and hulk at the sametime h2h no less.

leonidas
would lasso work against thanos shield's?

maybe not, but to attack them thanos would have to drop his shield, ala his fight v champ. also his shield is tech-generated. no tech/no prep for the fight fights. IF they got him in the lasso, i think he'd be screwed. i'm just not sure he COULD get him in it.

Dark Urizen

Really? Hmm....only speedster i can think off is the runner, and he was "beaten" by using the Time Gem.

how many time's has thanos taken the surfer out and the way surfer can take ww and supes at the same time. stick out tongue

thanos has beaten thor and thing at once took out drax and hulk at the sametime h2h no less.

The only reason SS would take out Superman is his weakness to kryptonite. I don't even think he could take out WW erm
He fought Thor who's almost always one-dimensional in fights (CIS), hitting things with his hammer. Superman can hit at superspeed with punches that (have been seen to be) are stronger than blows from Mjolnir.

All in all, i'm not saying he wouldn't win against the two, but it just disturbed me that people were completely ignoring them erm

kgkg
hmmmmm let me start

Silver Surfer , Thor , Firelord , Drax , Adam Warlock , Fallen One etc.

Thor (with power gem) .........etc

kgkg
Really? Hmm....only speedster i can think off is the runner, and he was "beaten" by using the Time Gem.
hmmm
Silver Surfer , Fallen One , Drax etc......... all cosmic are beyond lightspeed.

thesilverspider

The only reason SS would take out Superman is his weakness to kryptonite. I don't even think he could take out WW erm
He fought Thor who's almost always one-dimensional in fights (CIS), hitting things with his hammer. Superman can hit at superspeed with punches that (have been seen to be) are stronger than blows from Mjolnir.

All in all, i'm not saying he wouldn't win against the two, but it just disturbed me that people were completely ignoring them erm

the surfer cant beat ww ................... confused

kgkg

Only kryptonite?

You don't think cosmic blast would put Supes down? wink

Lets see now.

Thor (simple blast nearly killed him)
Hulk (got scared by simple blast)
WM (got knocked out)
Morg (was knock out)

SS k.o supes level guy all the time.

And don't forget matter manipulation there is no reason why SS couldn't just destroy every cell in supes body , or absorb his energy to make himself stronger

thesilverspider
supes punch's stronger then mjolnir......................... What the f**k?

thesilverspider
Only kryptonite?

Lets see now.

WM (got knocked out)
Morg (was knock out)

And don't forget matter manipulation there is no reason why SS couldn't just destroy every cell in supes body , or absorb his energy to make himself stronger

no he thinks that wonder women can take the surfer and that the only reason surfer can take supes is cause of k-nite........... laughing

Dark Urizen
Only kryptonite?

Lets see now.

WM (got knocked out)
Morg (was knock out)

My point (i agree wrongly stated) was that SS can take Superman through his cosmic powers, aka not hand to hand. The reason i meant that was because SS was given as an example of one of the people Thanos beat.

So it was like this:

Me: Who superman-level did Thanos beat (i meant with physical attributes)
answer: SS who can beat SUperman
Me: SS can beat Superman by using his cosmic power.

Wrongly worded (again, my bad), but that was the meaning of my posts.

Dark Urizen
supes punch's stronger then mjolnir......................... What the f**k?

his digits go all the way to 11 wink

Dark Urizen
hmmm
Silver Surfer , Fallen One , Drax etc......... all cosmic are beyond lightspeed.

And were they using their superspeed in battle or just punching/blasting at him?

kgkg
My point (i agree wrongly stated) was that SS can take Superman through his cosmic powers, aka not hand to hand. The reason i meant that was because SS was given as an example of one of the people Thanos beat.

So it was like this:

answer: SS who can beat SUperman
Me: SS can beat Superman by using his cosmic power.

Wrongly worded (again, my bad), but that was the meaning of my posts.
Hand to Hand

Why would Thanos need to go Hand to Hand. ( even hand to hand he has messed with thor , thing , hulk , drax etc)

Here is what am saying: Thanos's cosmic blast K.O both Superman and WonderWoman

leonidas
not if she crosses her bracelets, and ko'ing supes with a blast is tough work. again, they have a chance, just not a very good one . . .. no

kgkg
And were they using their superspeed in battle or just punching/blasting at him? Yep fallen one was using speed.

Fact is Thanos never has trouble with people that go beyond light speed.

Otherwise he would loose most of the cosmic battles.

kgkg
not if she crosses her bracelets, and ko'ing supes with a blast is tough work. again, they have a chance, just not a very good one . . .. no
wink Ko supes will be hard? Not for thanos

Who has K.O’ed supes level in the past without much problem.

Drax , SS etc..............

Dark Urizen
Hand to Hand

Why would Thanos need to go Hand to Hand. ( even hand to hand he has messed with thor , thing , hulk , drax etc)

Here is what am saying: Thanos's cosmic blast K.O both Superman and WonderWoman

He messed with all of those when he had the infinity gauntlet and completely WRECKED them.
He messed with Thor and won by using his cosmic blasts. He messed with Thor with the Power gem and won by using a deus ex weapon.

I'm not so sure about Thanos' cosmic blasts KO-ing Superman. They might stagger him, but i don't know if they'd KO him. For God's sake, Thor was hitting him with his upper 100 tons class limit and Mjonir that negated his up-close shield due to its magic properties and wasn't knocked out. He took a laser that could cut through adamantium and it bounced off. Superman can take a hell of a lot of beams and such.
Wonder Woman.......i don't know. I'm not that big on her. Draco would have to tell.

Dark Urizen

Again, i never meant they'd win against him. Again, i was just really disturbed that everybody was ignoring them. A not-so-rare thing here on KMC. People ignoring the DC characters roll eyes (sarcastic)

Beyonder

You: Hulk. Drax, numerous occassions. WM Thor beat down Beta Ray Bill and then Surfer. Power Gem WM Thor gave hell the Strange, Strange, and Infinity Watch. Thanos stalemated Power Gem WM Thor. Killed a Dopplerganger that was more powerful than him, a creation of Magus with Cosmic Cubes.

You: Superman can beat a group of Strange, Surfer, and Infinity Watch.

Dark Urizen
Yep fallen one was using speed.

Fact is Thanos never has trouble with people that go beyond light speed.

Otherwise he would loose most of the cosmic battles.

Don't have the comic book, so i'll have to take your word for it...

No, he wouldn't because VERY few of them actually fight at superspeed.

Dark Urizen
You: Hulk. Drax, numerous occassions. WM Thor beat down Beta Ray Bill and then Surfer. Power Gem WM Thor gave hell the Strange, Strange, and Infinity Watch. Thanos stalemated Power Gem WM Thor. Killed a Dopplerganger that was more powerful than him, a creation of Magus with Cosmic Cubes.

You: Superman can beat a group of Strange, Surfer, and Infinity Watch.

Apocalypse beat Hulk too. Drax is a moron roll eyes (sarcastic)
Didn't know about WM. Already talked about Thor in the previous post. Didn't he have the IG when fighting the IW? That whole clone story arc was crap IMO.

kgkg
He messed with all of those when he had the infinity gauntlet and completely WRECKED them.
He messed with Thor and won by using his cosmic blasts. He messed with Thor with the Power gem and won by using a deus ex weapon.

I'm not so sure about Thanos' cosmic blasts KO-ing Superman. They might stagger him, but i don't know if they'd KO him. For God's sake, Thor was hitting him with his upper 100 tons class limit and Mjonir that negated his up-close shield due to its magic properties and wasn't knocked out. He took a laser that could cut through adamantium and it bounced off. Superman can take a hell of a lot of beams and such.
Wonder Woman.......i don't know. I'm not that big on her. Draco would have to tell. Why would it not K.O supes?

Supes is more durable than SS , Thor , Drax etc?

thesilverspider
Apocalypse beat Hulk too. Drax is a moron roll eyes (sarcastic)
Didn't know about WM. Already talked about Thor in the previous post. Didn't he have the IG when fighting the IW? That whole clone story arc was crap IMO.

look ima brake it down warrior madness thor with the power gem took out the surfer and members of the infinity watch and dr.strange.
thanos stalemated thor when they fought so

thanos = warrior madness thor with gem

warrior madness thor>>>numerous high powered cosmic's

kgkg
Don't have the comic book, so i'll have to take your word for it...

No, he wouldn't because VERY few of them actually fight at superspeed.
Well Odin hasn't shown much speed in battle either perhaps he would lose to.

Point is in comic books character that has been shown reaction and flight of way beyond light speed couldn't do much to Thanos.

Dark Urizen
Why would it not K.O supes?

Supes is more durable than SS , Thor , Drax etc?

Speculation, but he's proven to be more durable than Thor at least. Drax and SS......i don't know. But unless SS does some serious cosmic-power amping, yeah.
Wasn't he afraid of a nuke in his relatively recent series when he's trying to stop Marduk from destroying earth?

Dark Urizen
thanos = warrior madness thor with gem

Speculation at best. He had to resort to using a deus ex machinae to hold Thor. Sure, he was taking his shots, but he wasn't beating him either. Not to mention his face/armor and body were beaten pretty badly.

thesilverspider
Speculation, but he's proven to be more durable than Thor at least. Drax and SS......i don't know. But unless SS does some serious cosmic-power amping, yeah.
Wasn't he afraid of a nuke in his relatively recent series when he's trying to stop Marduk from destroying earth?

a guy who doesn't even sweat when in a middle of a supernova afraid of a nuke................... What the f**k?

Dark Urizen
Well Odin hasn't shown much speed in battle either perhaps he would lose to.

Point is in comic books character that has been shown reaction and flight of way beyond light speed couldn't do much to Thanos.

Odin doesn;t HAVE to use superspeed in battle roll eyes (sarcastic)

Point is in comic books characters that have been shown to have reaction and flight of way beyond light speed didn't really fight Thanos at their respective speed levels......now did they? You only mentioned the fallen one fighting him at lightspeed, which again, i haven't read, but i trust you. Though i'd love some scans.

Dark Urizen
a guy who doesn't even sweat when in a middle of a supernova afraid of a nuke................... What the f**k?

Yeah, that's how i remember it too. I was like What the f**k?
And yeah, he doesn't even sweat in the middle of a supernova. Superman doesn't even sweat in the middle of the explosion of a system destroyer or explosions like the one from Hunter and Prey.

Beyonder
Apocalypse beat Hulk too.

So Apocalypse would stomp Superman.

Who has twice wrecked a planet. How many times has Supes smashed a planet?

roll eyes (sarcastic) He never had the IG after IG series. During Infinity War, Magus had wanted and gained the Infinity Gauntlet and that was after Magus gathered 5 Cosmic Cubes.

As for PG WM Thor, he stalemated Thor. The same one that was wrecking Strange, Surfer, and IW.

Beyonder
Speculation at best. He had to resort to using a deus ex machinae to hold Thor.

He stalemated him. He could've gone on if he wanted. It clearly stated that he wanted to end the fight. He had no reason to continue a stalemate.

Dark Urizen
So Apocalypse would stomp Superman.

Who has twice wrecked a planet. How many times has Supes smashed a planet?

roll eyes (sarcastic) He never had the IG after IG series. During Infinity War, Magus had wanted and gained the Infinity Gauntlet and that was after Magus gathered 5 Cosmic Cubes.

As for PG WM Thor, he stalemated Thor. The same one that was wrecking Strange, Surfer, and IW.

Why WOULD he? He's shown the power to break a planet in half by flying through it, he pulled Warworld, etc. etc. I don't see why he couldn't if he wanted to erm

He was wrecking PG WM Thor? Really? Looked to me like Thor kept beating on him and taking Thanos' blasts and blows like nothing, while Thanos was bleeding black blood out of every orifice and then had to resort to using a deus ex machinae.

I admit i was wrong with the Magus thing.

kgkg
Who SS?

SS has taken many nuclear warheads like nothing to

Dark Urizen
Who SS?

SS has taken many nuclear warheads like nothing to

I know......i may remember it incorrectly, but that's how i remember it.

kgkg
So why should we assume Superman will not be K.O with one blast?

Dark Urizen
So why should we assume Superman will not be K.O with one blast?

Because he has shown incredible durability maybe? erm

kgkg
Because he has shown incredible durability maybe? erm
and Thanos has k.O people with incredible durability maybe

Dark Urizen
and Thanos has k.O people with incredible durability maybe

But are we sure their durability was higher or equal to Superman's?

kgkg
But are we sure their durability was higher or equal to Superman's?
Can you prove that Superman's Durability > SS , Drax etc?

I would love to see that.

Dark Urizen
Can you prove that Superman's Durability > SS , Drax etc?

I would love to see that.

Taking several particle beams:

http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/60/09122118lq.jpg

http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/...ability55et.jpg

http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/3443/09131329ai.jpg

http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/...ability20ki.jpg

http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/...ability35ln.jpg

http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/9263/211117fk.jpg

Superman taking a blast equal to a million nuclear blasts.

http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/850/0822346hj.jpg

http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/...121910pm8yp.jpg

http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/6301/089054127na.jpg

Superman surviving the destruction of a sun eater at ground zero. The sun eater is an enormously energetic cloud that literally eats both the energy and mass of whole stars. The sun eater was considerably larger than a star, had been in existence for millenia and had consumed the energy of many stars by travelling from galaxy to galaxy. Which proves that he's far more durable than any DBZ/GT character.

http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/...080012pm3uo.jpg

http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/...080419pm3ri.jpg

http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/...ability49cp.jpg

http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/...ability11pn.jpg

Here is supes surviving an island destroying nuke at ground zero WHILE laying in kryptonite AND weakened from fighting multiple enemies for days. He comes out unfazed.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y1...d/supesnuke.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y1.../supesnuke2.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/thorsupes_5.jpg

And so on and so forth.

Now you prove me wrong please eyes

kgkg
Taking several particle beams:

http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/60/09122118lq.jpg

http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/...ability55et.jpg

http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/3443/09131329ai.jpg

http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/...ability20ki.jpg

http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/...ability35ln.jpg

http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/9263/211117fk.jpg

Superman taking a blast equal to a million nuclear blasts.

http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/850/0822346hj.jpg

http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/...121910pm8yp.jpg

http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/6301/089054127na.jpg

Superman surviving the destruction of a sun eater at ground zero. The sun eater is an enormously energetic cloud that literally eats both the energy and mass of whole stars. The sun eater was considerably larger than a star, had been in existence for millenia and had consumed the energy of many stars by travelling from galaxy to galaxy. Which proves that he's far more durable than any DBZ/GT character.

http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/...080012pm3uo.jpg

http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/...080419pm3ri.jpg

http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/...ability49cp.jpg

http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/...ability11pn.jpg

Here is supes surviving an island destroying nuke at ground zero WHILE laying in kryptonite AND weakened from fighting multiple enemies for days. He comes out unfazed.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y1...d/supesnuke.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y1.../supesnuke2.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/thorsupes_5.jpg

And so on and so forth.

Now you prove me wrong please eyes

Link doesn't work nothing SS , or Drax couldn't do

Dark Urizen
Link doesn't work nothing SS , or Drax couldn't do

Which link doesn't work?

And don't give me that "they could do it too" bullshit. Give me examples of them taking, surviving or being unphased by things equal or greater to those. (and those are just a few examples)

kgkg
Which link doesn't work?

And don't give me that "they could do it too" bullshit. Give me examples of them taking, surviving or being unphased by things equal or greater to those. (and those are just a few examples)
Ok here for Silver Surfer:
1.) Super Nova (note nothing happens) ------- How many Nukes does it take to = Super Nova do the math
2.)Korvac's World destoying Attack ( Note nothing happens)
3.)Banner Less "Hulk"'s Attacks
4.) Enslaver attack. ( same guy who took out all of Marvel top heros)
5.) Nukes
etc

kgkg
None of that work

And which one feats is > SS durability feat?

Dark Urizen
Ok here for Silver Surfer:
1.) Super Nova (note nothing happens) ------- How many Nukes does it take to = Super Nova do the math
2.)Korvac's World destoying Attack ( Note nothing happens)
3.)Banner Less "Hulk"'s Attacks
4.) Enslaver attack. ( same guy who took out all of Marvel top heros)
5.) Nukes
etc

1. A lot less than 1 million. You can be sure of that laughing out loud
2. compare Korvac to Imperiex
3. pathetic
4. Again, compare to Imperiex
5. more than 1 million at the same time?

Dark Urizen
None of that work

And which one feats is > SS durability feat?

Crap......can't get them to work. sad

leonidas
er, a supernova releases energy greater than the sum of the energies in a GALAXY . . .

that is . . . slightly > than 1M nukes . . . embarrasment

in any event, i say their respective durabilities are close. why are we turning this into a superman v ss thread again . . .?

long pig
Nah, Mjolnir didn't negate Superman's bio field.

Superman writers say that for a magic weapon to pass his bio field, it has to be enchanted. Like, if mjolnir was enchanted to break anything it hits, Superman gets broken. If mjolnir was enchanted to increase the impact of Thor's throw 1xmillion fold, it'd put a hole through Superman's chest.

Mjolnir has none of these enchantments. It's, in the eyes of Superman, for all intents and purposes, a normal hammer being thrown at him.

It has to be more than just a simple magic item for it to effect Superman.

Thanos gets massacred by 1hour prepped Strange.

Dark Urizen
er, a supernova releases energy greater than the sum of the energies in a GALAXY . . .

that is . . . slightly > than 1M nukes . . . embarrasment

in any event, i say their respective durabilities are close. why are we turning this into a superman v ss thread again . . .?

That makes absolutely no sense. Where did you get that supernova thing from? Also, remember the sun-eater. Or the black hole he escaped.....or the one he held in his hands.

Because kgkg insists that because Thanos beat Silver Surfer (who IMO fights like an imbecile given his powers), he can beat Superman, because he thinks SS is superior to Superman.
He also thinks that Superman is inferior to every single opponent Thanos has faced. Which i began to prove is incorrect.

DrDoom101
wow how did drax get into my thread?

Dark Urizen
Originally posted by long pig
Nah, Mjolnir didn't negate Superman's bio field.

Superman writers say that for a magic weapon to pass his bio field, it has to be enchanted. Like, if mjolnir was enchanted to break anything it hits, Superman gets broken. If mjolnir was enchanted to increase the impact of Thor's throw 1xmillion fold, it'd put a hole through Superman's chest.

Mjolnir has none of these enchantments. It's, in the eyes of Superman, for all intents and purposes, a normal hammer being thrown at him.

It has to be more than just a simple magic item for it to effect Superman.

Thanos gets massacred by 1hour prepped Strange.

Makes SOME sense. But that theory is also very faulted. For example, the hammer is ENCHANTED to return to Thor every time he throws it. So if he throws it like a boomerang and on its way back to Thor it hits Superman, it should disrupt his bio field and hurt him badly. But not if he attacks with it normally.
Sounds kinda fishy to me erm

leonidas
<<That makes absolutely no sense. Where did you get that supernova thing from?>>

no sense? blink why one earth would it make no sense?

"A supernova is the most energetic single event known in the Universe. Material is exploded into space at about 10,000 kilometres per second. All the stars in our galaxy (about 100,000,000,000) would have to shine for six months to produce the amount of energy released by just one supernova."

scientists have seen supernova explosions from close to 20 BILLION LIGHTYEARS away.

supernovas are . . . pretty big.

any physics site will tell you the same thing.

they are not generally seen as that big a deal in comics. but they ARE big deals . . .

Beyonder
Why WOULD he? He's shown the power to break a planet in half by flying through it, he pulled Warworld, etc. etc. I don't see why he couldn't if he wanted to erm

Your talking about that Moon incident aren't you? All he did was graze the surface of the moon. And actual planetary destructions took place during BRB and Stardust's fight or Thanos and Drax's.

They slugged back and forth. And all Thanos got was a noise bleed. Where's this "from all orafice coming from." The IW, Strange, and Surfer were getting K.O.ed against that Thor. Again, before gaining the Power Gem, he'd beaten up Bill and kicking Surfer's ass.

As for deus ex machina, it ain't. Odin broke free of it.

Beyonder

3. pathetic

2. Superman didn't beat Imperiex by himself. What's your point?
3. Pathetic is Imperiex's middle name. Did you not know that?
4. Again, Supes did not do it alone.

Dark Urizen
Your talking about that Moon incident aren't you? All he did was graze the surface of the moon. And actual planetary destructions took place during BRB and Stardust's fight or Thanos and Drax's.

They slugged back and forth. And all Thanos got was a noise bleed. Where's this "from all orafice coming from." The IW, Strange, and Surfer were getting K.O.ed against that Thor. Again, before gaining the Power Gem, he'd beaten up Bill and kicking Surfer's ass.

As for deus ex machina, it ain't. Odin broke free of it.

No.....he flew straight through a planet. I'm not talking out of my ass, even though i don't have scans and can't remember issue name or number sad .

Nose and mouth bleeding, bruises, broken armor. Surfer looked pretty ok to me erm

Odin's a damn skyfather for Christ's sake roll eyes (sarcastic) I meant deus ex machinae as in "capable of ending almost any fight"

Beyonder
No.....he flew straight through a planet. I'm not talking out of my ass, even though i don't have scans and can't remember issue name or number sad .

Nose and mouth bleeding, bruises, broken armor. Surfer looked pretty ok to me erm

When was his armor broken? Bruises? All he had was a nose bleed. Surfer looked okay because Thor was busy with Thanos. Heck, that was the whole point of Surfer helping Pip 'port Thor into Thanos' base. Before that, they were getting kicked around and K.O.ed by him.

Then it's not a deus ex machinae because it did not end that fight against Odin.

Dark Urizen
When was his armor broken? Bruises? All he had was a nose bleed. Surfer looked okay because Thor was busy with Thanos. Heck, that was the whole point of Surfer helping Pip 'port Thor into Thanos' base. Before that, they were getting kicked around and K.O.ed by him.

Then it's not a deus ex machinae because it did not end that fight against Odin.

http://img237.imageshack.us/my.php?loc=img237&image=bbt56ro.jpg

Notice the right hand battered and the armor on it broken (no, it's not the design. if you look at the first pages, it looks different).

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/6471/silversurferv3088156tf.jpg

and if that's what you understand by pounding him into the floor.....well then i guess you don't mind him getting back immediately while Thanos is barely able to catch his breath and making the blood splorch out his nose......again.......

Beyonder
http://img237.imageshack.us/my.php?loc=img237&image=bbt56ro.jpg

Notice the right hand battered and the armor on it broken (no, it's not the design. if you look at the first pages, it looks different).

Don't see what your talking about. Nothing but the wall is smashed.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=382013&perpage=20&pagenumber=1

PG WM Thor V. IW
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=375360&perpage=20&highlight=Thor+Thanos&pagenumber=11

Avalonofthewind
Adamantium > Thanos
OG Ultron > Thanos
WW Lasso > Thanos

Superman + WW + Lasso
Thanos tied up. If they pull, Thanos is cut in half.

Still don't know how Namor and Aquaman are above Supes and WW.

Adam Warlock
Still don't know how Supes and WW are gonna pull off a win against Thanos... Tie him up? Is he just gonna stand there? He'll probably pull on the lasso jerking Diana forward into a headbutt or a punch. Or he could blast her via optic blast.

You think Thanos is an idiot and go into a fight unprepared? He has 2 hours of prep before each fight. That means shields will be up, he will be on his guard, and will look forward to the pain he dishes out or receives.

5 will give him trouble, but other than that he gets to 8.

Adam Warlock
People need to see a display of power by the mad titan. Here courtesy of Beyonder:

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/3659/t05050ju.jpg
http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/5656/t05068nq.jpg

If Thanos's cosmic blasts hit Supes, Diana, or anyone herald level and under, fight is over.

kgkg
1. A lot less than 1 million. You can be sure of that laughing out loud
3. pathetic
A lot less than 1 million. You can be sure of that---------------- You do know what a Supernova is right?

Supernova >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 1 million nukes
2. Imperiex similar to how Thing and the Fantastic four Survive Galactus. Show me a scan of Imperiex using those powerful attacks.

I have you instances of Korvac going all out on Surfer had no effect. (a galactus level being)
3. Really now i remember this guy called Doomsday wink

Surfer > Superman durability you talking about surviving

well Galactus , Mep , Enslaver , Stranger etc SS took their shot as well.

Psycho Ninja
phew.......

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by Adam Warlock
Still don't know how Supes and WW are gonna pull off a win against Thanos... Tie him up? Is he just gonna stand there? He'll probably pull on the lasso jerking Diana forward into a headbutt or a punch. Or he could blast her via optic blast.

You think Thanos is an idiot and go into a fight unprepared? He has 2 hours of prep before each fight. That means shields will be up, he will be on his guard, and will look forward to the pain he dishes out or receives.

5 will give him trouble, but other than that he gets to 8.

He doesnt have prep in the first tier, so that goes out the window.
2nd. He's nowhere need the speed of those 2 and never been proven physically stronger. Especially with the Lasso.
Super speed tie up. Pull. Thanos in half.
Lasso >Thanos smile

Had he had prep against these 2, I would of course had voted different.

kswiston
About supernovas

"Burrows further explains that "the explosion erupts from the newly born neutron star in violent and crooked plumes whose energy grows at a rate equivalent to the explosive power of 220,000 trillion trillion megatons of TNT per second"

^ From the University of Arizona's physics department

The largest modern H-Bombs are 20 megatons, so a supernova is more like 10 000 trillion trillion nukes a second.

thesilverspider
Originally posted by kswiston
About supernovas

"Burrows further explains that "the explosion erupts from the newly born neutron star in violent and crooked plumes whose energy grows at a rate equivalent to the explosive power of 220,000 trillion trillion megatons of TNT per second"

^ From the University of Arizona's physics department

The largest modern H-Bombs are 20 megatons, so a supernova is more like 10 000 trillion trillion nukes a second.

no body like's a smart ass............. mad

......................... j/k

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.