Black Panther Vs Daredevil

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

electrifying 1
I checked for this thread if it has already been done im sorry. Who wins?

Juntai
BP

Aries_04
If this is Vibe suit Panther he's cooked.

In this suit Panther can cloak, jump from 60 story buildings and land on his feet, take shots from the Hulk, and fire energy from his gloves....all aside from him being the badass fighter he already is.

Zahit
Black Panther more often than not.

jrodslam
Originally posted by Aries_04
If this is Vibe suit Panther he's cooked.

In this suit Panther can cloak,

Daredevil can see cloaked beings.

jump from 60 story buildings and land on his feet,

Impressive, however it has no use in this fight. Daredevil would still be able to chase after him via billyclub.

take shots from the Hulk,

Daredevil has taken punches from Hulk as well as Namor.

and fire energy from his gloves....all aside from him being the badass fighter he already is.

I doubt Daredevil would have trouble avoiding the energy blasts.

All in all BP is a badass fighter, and this would be something to see. For now id have to say stalemate.

AcousticDoc
what material is DDs suit made from?

jrodslam
^ Beats me. I would think the yellow(original) and red(basic) were normal cloths.

In later DD issues, i think he upgraded it to a type of buddied armor. It looks padded.

nathan summers
Originally posted by jrodslam
Daredevil can see cloaked beings.

First of all Daredevil can't " see ". He has very sensitive hearing which acts like a bats radar. Since the Black Panther is clad in a vibranium mesh uniform which dampens all sound and removes any and all kinetic energy from incoming objects, how do you propose that Daredevil will see him? If Daredevil can't hear it -- he's as BLIND as Ray Charles.

It has VARIOUS uses in this fight. His billy club would be useless ultimately useless considering that Vibranium removes any and ALL impact from BLUNT objects. The Black Panther has been shot point blank with sub machine guns and remained unharmed in a pile of bullet shells. You think a flimsly little blind man's stick is going to hurt him?

So has the Black Panther. Not to mention Black Panther hits harder than DD any day of the week. Enhanced, Strength, Speed, Agility, Hearing, Sight, Smell...etc. All thanks to intense training and the heart shaped herb.

But considering that Panther is more than likely faster and more agile I think he'd have PLENTY of trouble.

Black Panther, hands down. T'Challa has the edge. He's been training for a life time and has more skill than Murdock.

jrodslam
Originally posted by nathan summers
First of all Daredevil can't " see ". He has very sensitive hearing which acts like a bats radar. Since the Black Panther is clad in a vibranium mesh uniform which dampens all sound and removes any and all kinetic energy from incoming objects, how do you propose that Daredevil will see him? If Daredevil can't hear it -- he's as BLIND as Ray Charles.

Well first off, youre wrong. Matt has "seen" "sensed" cloaked beings that werent even moving. It has nothing to do with sound. Sorry.

It has VARIOUS uses in this fight. His billy club would be useless ultimately useless considering that Vibranium removes any and ALL impact from BLUNT objects. The Black Panther has been shot point blank with sub machine guns and remained unharmed in a pile of bullet shells. You think a flimsly little blind man's stick is going to hurt him?

If you go back and read my post, youll see that i never mentioned anything about Daredevil using the billclub for attacking. Aires_04 mentioned that Panther can jump from 60 stories. I mentioned the billclub to point out the fact that Daredevil doesnt have to jump 60 stories. He has the billclub to swing 60 stories.

So has the Black Panther. Not to mention Black Panther hits harder than DD any day of the week. Enhanced, Strength, Speed, Agility, Hearing, Sight, Smell...etc. All thanks to intense training and the heart shaped herb.

Once again, i mentioned that in response to Aires_04 saying that Panther has taken hits from the Hulk. Daredevil has taken those hits as well. There was no point in him mentioning that. Panther may hit harder than Daredevil, but we all know strength isnt everything in battles. How do BP's senses do against DD's? As far as all street level characters in Marvel go, daredevil is no.1 overall when it comes to senses. I know BP is enhanced.

But considering that Panther is more than likely faster and more agile I think he'd have PLENTY of trouble.

What allows you to make that statement? How can you prove that BP is faster and more agile than Daredevil? If he fires energy from his gloves like Aires_04 stated, that has nothing to do with BP's speed or agility. So yes, most likely DD would indeed dodge BP's blasts with ease.

Black Panther, hands down. T'Challa has the edge. He's been training for a life time and has more skill than Murdock.

Matt has been training since he was a kid. Id qualify that as a lifetime of training as well. Is that an assumption that he has more skill than DD? Can you prove that?

Lucid Lui
These two normally fight pretty evenly in the fights i've seen. I give a slight edge to Priest's Panther, but Hudlin's Panther gets curbstomped.

I really don't like Hudlin's Panther.

jrodslam
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
These two normally fight pretty evenly in the fights i've seen.

Sweet, theyve fought before? What happened?

Lucid Lui
I've got scans somewhere on my comp. I'll try to post them up...

jrodslam
I've got scans somewhere on my comp. I'll try to post them up...

Sweet. Thanks. smile

Lucid Lui
Here's one little fight. These are just scans i've found on the net so i don't know what issue it's from...

http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/9945/ddpanther15jw0zk.th.jpghttp://img509.imageshack.us/img509/236/ddpanther21lk5is.th.jpghttp://img509.imageshack.us/img509/5136/ddpanther30fe5yl.th.jpghttp://img509.imageshack.us/img509/8853/ddpanther45bx4jy.th.jpghttp://img509.imageshack.us/img509/8393/ddpanther54wb4th.th.jpg

And there's another one i have where Daredevil's being controlled by Mindmaster which i'll post in a sec...

jrodslam
Here's one little fight. These are just scans i've found on the net so i don't know what issue it's from...

http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/9945/ddpanther15jw0zk.th.jpghttp://img509.imageshack.us/img509/236/ddpanther21lk5is.th.jpghttp://img509.imageshack.us/img509/5136/ddpanther30fe5yl.th.jpghttp://img509.imageshack.us/img509/8853/ddpanther45bx4jy.th.jpghttp://img509.imageshack.us/img509/8393/ddpanther54wb4th.th.jpg

And there's another one i have where Daredevil's being controlled by Mindmaster which i'll post in a sec...

Kinda dirty of Panther hitting DD from behind. mad

Lucid Lui
http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/1886/bpvsdd18kc5zq.th.jpghttp://img223.imageshack.us/img223/2337/bpvsdd21mz0bx.th.jpghttp://img223.imageshack.us/img223/7853/bpvsdd42mi1nf.th.jpg

I thought i had another fight but i can't find one. So yeah, that's all i got for now...

jrodslam
Thanks alot for the scans, Lucid. much appreciated.

Piedmon
Hm, well after seeing that it basically confirms what I was already thinking. The only reason Panther didn't tear Daredevil apart was because he was fighting the mind-control.

jrodslam
Originally posted by Piedmon
Hm, well after seeing that it basically confirms what I was already thinking. The only reason Panther didn't tear Daredevil apart was because he was fighting the mind-control.

Not in the first set of scans. Did you miss those?

Plus DD was holding back as well when BP was mind controlled. wink

Metalmanx
Black Panther has the VERY SLIGHT edge here.

BP 6/10.

nathan summers
Well first off, youre wrong. Matt has "seen" "sensed" cloaked beings that werent even moving. It has nothing to do with sound. Sorry.

Sensed is a BIG jump from SEEN in Daredevil's case. Even if he sensed something and had an idea someone was around doesn't mean he could find them, he'd still be for all purposes blind. I don't doubt that Murdock has sensed cloaked being before, they more than likely weren't shielded from sound. He more than likely heard another cloaked beings heartbeat, footsteps, breathing, and any other movement that would be easy for him to detect. Now back to that key word again. The vibranium that is in the Panther's suit and on the soles of his feet gets rid off all that access sound so there is none. Now unless DD has developed some new mystical power over the years that allows him to SENSE things that are essentially not there, like T'Challa can, I'm stumped. T'Challa has a mystical bond with the Panther God which allows him to perform certain feats most men can't. Thus why he was able to defeat Mephisto. And even if Daredevil could, which I have some reservations about, there's no chance he could discriminately pin point the location of Panther before he'd get his ass kicked. Sorry.

http://img65.imageshack.us/my.php?loc=img65&image=alienprese6yb.jpg

Understood. I was responding to the comment in which you stated that his suit in a pursuit situation was " useless ". Perhaps I wasn't clear enough? My mistake. Not only can Panther leap 60 stories down, he can do it without a SOUND. No sound. Daredevil if I'm not mistaken does require SOUND to see in his fashion, yes? In a fight where you have an adversary who's just as fast as you are if not faster who makes little to no sound don't you think that's a bit dangerous?

True. Strength is not everything in a fight. But when it's combined with all the other elements it tends to be a deal closer especially when concerning hand to hand combatants. How do BP's sense fair against DD's? While his sense of hearing may not be AS keen as Daredevil's, they do rival Wolverine's. In various Panther titles The Avengers refered to Black Panther as the world's " greatest " tracker. Such was stated by both Priest and Hudlin as well.

Unfettered proof? No. I do not have any at this time. I based my comments from the what I've read in the comics. The Black Panther possess super human reflexes attributed to not only extensive training he's undergone but to the heart-shaped herb which grants him PEAK physical prowess. Not unlike Captain America. This means his strength, speed, agility..etc are all strained to the peak of what is humanly possible. The herb in combination with his already immaculate physical prowess makes him a great challenge right? Now combine his already enhanced cat-like agility and speed with his vibranium suit. He's been able to run vertically UP wallls until he reaches the top of a building. I doubt Daredevil can perform such a feat. But you're correct. I have no matched up proof that states " Black Panther is faster and more agile than Daredevil overall. " Dodge with ease? I doubt it. But yeah, he'd dodge them.

Yes. Matt was just some kid from New York. Yes, he was blind because of his incident and yes he trained to be better than what he was. His feats aren't going unrecognized. But that period of time that he wasn't in turmoil and became blind T'Challa was being groomed as a Warrior King of a Nation hailed in the Marvel Universe as being one of the most technologically sound Warrior nations in existance. It's not an assumption, it's a fact. The two cannot be compared. T'Challa was not given the choice. His father from the moment he could walk made certain that his heir was conditioned into one of the greatest fighters and had him extensively tested and trained throughout his life.

leonidas
bp has stalemated cap and cap admitted he and bp were relative equals.

dd has admitted that cap has the edge on him.

slight edge to bp.

lifeisaglich
Yeah it is a beat dangerous but Daredevil does not see sound alone...he sees with touch...smell....instint... inshort the black panther will find it hard trying to sneak up on daredevil.

Running up walls is because of the suit....if you give Daredevil the boots of the vibranium suit do you think he will not be to run up walls as well?

jrodslam
Sensed is a BIG jump from SEEN in Daredevil's case. Even if he sensed something and had an idea someone was around doesn't mean he could find them, he'd still be for all purposes blind. I don't doubt that Murdock has sensed cloaked being before, they more than likely weren't shielded from sound. He more than likely heard another cloaked beings heartbeat, footsteps, breathing, and any other movement that would be easy for him to detect. Now back to that key word again. The vibranium that is in the Panther's suit and on the soles of his feet gets rid off all that access sound so there is none. Now unless DD has developed some new mystical power over the years that allows him to SENSE things that are essentially not there, like T'Challa can, I'm stumped. T'Challa has a mystical bond with the Panther God which allows him to perform certain feats most men can't. Thus why he was able to defeat Mephisto. And even if Daredevil could, which I have some reservations about, there's no chance he could discriminately pin point the location of Panther before he'd get his ass kicked. Sorry.

There was a cloaked being all the way in back of the courtroom. He wasnt moving. Just standing against the wall. Didnt detect him by heartbeat, footsteps or breathing. Simply "seeing/sense" him standing there. Now Panthers suit may block out all sound. Im not gonna argue that, however Daredevil also listens for the sound of the air and how things move through it. Fists, kicks, arrows, bullets, knives, etc. Although he wouldnt be able to hear Panther's body move, he would be able to smell him. Everything has a scent, and once DD 's met you, he'll know that scent no matter how much its covered or hidden. Kinda the same thing he does with heartbeat, but thats nulled out in this case. However the smelling is not.

Understood. I was responding to the comment in which you stated that his suit in a pursuit situation was " useless ". Perhaps I wasn't clear enough? My mistake. Not only can Panther leap 60 stories down, he can do it without a SOUND. No sound. Daredevil if I'm not mistaken does require SOUND to see in his fashion, yes? In a fight where you have an adversary who's just as fast as you are if not faster who makes little to no sound don't you think that's a bit dangerous?

Not at all. Once they are engaged in battle, Panther not making any noise doesnt help him much. Daredevil makes noise, and that would allow him to hone in on where Panther is. Its not like he completely relies on others to make the sound.

Yes. Matt was just some kid from New York. Yes, he was blind because of his incident and yes he trained to be better than what he was. His feats aren't going unrecognized. But that period of time that he wasn't in turmoil and became blind T'Challa was being groomed as a Warrior King of a Nation hailed in the Marvel Universe as being one of the most technologically sound Warrior nations in existance. It's not an assumption, it's a fact. The two cannot be compared. T'Challa was not given the choice. His father from the moment he could walk made certain that his heir was conditioned into one of the greatest fighters and had him extensively tested and trained throughout his life.

Actually, Matt was training before he became blind. Weightlifting as well as boxing and some martial arts. What were the styles of fighting T'Challa learned growing up?

DarkCrawler
How strong is Panther?

I think he is stronger then peak human:

http://img486.imageshack.us/img486/3593/namorblackpanther26kl.gif

jrodslam
Originally posted by leonidas
bp has stalemated cap and cap admitted he and bp were relative equals.

dd has admitted that cap has the edge on him.

slight edge to bp.

Daredevil is always saying someone has an edge over him. Yet he uses his brain and finds a way to pull out a victory.

jrodslam
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
How strong is Panther?

I think he is stronger then peak human:

http://img486.imageshack.us/img486/3593/namorblackpanther26kl.gif

Would Daredevil be considered stronger than peak human as well?

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/5751/ddvsnamor27jr.th.jpg

DarkCrawler
Again! A comic with Namor which I don't have!

Issue number!

And yeah, Namor doesn't weigh tons, so it's logical that someone with peak human strength could punch him away if he suprises him. Although logically, this should happen:
http://img327.imageshack.us/my.php?image=namorddspidey35wx.gif

jrodslam
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Again! A comic with Namor which I don't have!

Issue number!

And yeah, Namor doesn't weigh tons, so it's logical that someone with peak human strength could punch him away if he suprises him. Although logically, this should happen:
http://img327.imageshack.us/my.php?image=namorddspidey35wx.gif

Well Daredevil didnt hit him with a surprise attack.

And logically, Daredevil shouldnt even be able to lay a hand on Namor.

DarkCrawler
True.

Cosmic Cube
Well I've seen Black Panther tilt what was listed as a 5 ton charging rhino...so when he pushes it I'd say he's above peak human

jrodslam
Ive heard that Daredevil fliped a limo over.

nathan summers
But have you " seen " it?

jrodslam
But have you " seen " it?

Still tryig to get the comic.

DarkCrawler
Which issue is that one where DD is fighting Namor?

jrodslam
Dont know. I found it on the web.

Cosmic Cube
Ive heard that Daredevil fliped a limo over.

Yep....good feat....seen it.....but 5 ton charging rhino> limo sitting stationary.

jrodslam
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Yep....good feat....seen it.....but 5 ton charging rhino> limo sitting stationary.

Well if a being is in motion, it would be more easier to to throw it off balance, than it would be to lift it while its stationary.

jrodslam
Plus what Rhino weighs 5 tons?

Rhinos weigh about 2 tons. Are you sure it was a 5 ton rhino?

Cosmic Cube
Plus what Rhino weighs 5 tons?

Rhinos weigh about 2 tons. Are you sure it was a 5 ton rhino?

Yeah.....clearly stated as a 5 ton rhino. It was one of those big alternate future prehistoric bitches.

Vegetto
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
It was one of those big alternate future prehistoric bitches.

LOL thats hilarious

Daredevil should be able to detect BP in his suit by noticing the lack of sound coming from that one spot. It would be like a shadow of sound where there is noise from one general direction except for one human sized spot. DD isn't new to the superhero game so I can't see him not noticing something like that. Thats like Superman flying over Metropolis while using his x-ray vision and not noticing the abandoned looking warehouse on the pier made of the one thing that he can't see through AND then deciding that it must be nothing suspicious. I can't see that happening.

nathan summers
Black Panther > Daredevil. I have no doubt he cold keep up with the Wakandan King but in the end Black Panther has the edge and skill to contain a win.

jrodslam
And its clear that opinions vary. No biggie.

Aries_04
As far as BP cloaking I guess how long he could cloak would play a factor too.....because from what I get he can only cloak briefly......any ideas as to how long he can stay invisible?

Still I'd give BP the edge anyway

jrodslam
As far as BP cloaking I guess how long he could cloak would play a factor too.....because from what I get he can only cloak briefly......any ideas as to how long he can stay invisible?

Still I'd give BP the edge anyway

Even if he can stay cloaked for hours, it would do him no good. Daredevil can and will be able to perceive where hes at.

32Cage
BP has peak human strength, stamina,etc. DD doesn't. BP wins.

jrodslam
Originally posted by 32Cage
BP has peak human strength, stamina,etc. DD doesn't. BP wins.

DD is close in peak human strength, but he doe have peak human agility, stamina etc.

Stoic
Bump

Back before BP's upgrade, I would have placed both him and Matt roughly in the same strength class. At least in terms or pure athleticism. Stalemate.

leonidas
yeah, nowadays bp has past him for sure. pre-upgrade/push though it would have been a toss up imo.

golem370
doesn't DD have hightened smell too?

DarkSaint85
More than just smell...

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/1/15047/1256230-annual_97___daredevil_and_deadpool.cbr___page_17.jpg

h1a8
The radar sense makes this a fight. Matt can sense nerve impulses and know BP's next move before he makes it. It would be hard for Matt to get around the vibranium suit though. That's the real reason why BP would win here. In street clothes DD wins though.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by golem370
doesn't DD have hightened smell too?

Yes and it's pretty good. Not as good as Wolverine's, though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.