just how dependant are jedi on the force....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthMaul9123
i have wondered this for a long time and come to the conclusion of:
Jedi are infact skilled with blades regardless of force, but in combat their skill would be intimidating,but thats as far as if goes they wouldnt be able to predict attacks and such,but thats all i know.
Answer me this how powerful are jedi without the force? or how reliant on the force are they?

Shadow x 20
They would be a normal swordsman without the force and Yoda wouldn't be able to fight.

Tangible God
Yoda would be dead by now.

They use the Force to move the way they do. They're dependant on it.

Council#13
and they rarely use it (e.g. throwing things) in a fight

ssj3gohan007
without the force: "size matters yes" basically the jedi would be little stronger than their own natural strength. the lightsaber is the only thing that would seperate them from being completely human or alien or w/e.
basically grievous would own all of them without the force. sad but true. People like jango/boba fett and other heavily armored and skilled non-force users would have the upperhand. like yoda said "The Force is my greatest ally!"

jollyjim311
In saber combat they would be like Vader and Obi Wan in Ep. 4. They would be owned by anyone with a gun, though.

ssj3gohan007
true that

ssj3gohan007
and anakin wouldnt exist without the force, so no anakin lol

Ushgarak
Followe that logic, then NO-ONE exists without the Force.

I think people get rather hung up on thinking Jedi are so force dependent. They do train nearly from birth as warriors as well- that counts for rather a lot.

ssj3gohan007
Remember Obi-Wan's Quote "It surrounds us and binds the galaxy together" if you take it literally, then the universe would not exist without the force.

Captain REX
Which is right; it is supposed to be taken literally.

The Jedi would be spectacular swordsmen; they train from birth, after all. However, they wouldn't be able to perform their flips, predict attacks, do their pushes and pulls and other powers, etc etc.

ssj3gohan007
Originally posted by Captain REX
Which is right; it is supposed to be taken literally.

The Jedi would be spectacular swordsmen; they train from birth, after all. However, they wouldn't be able to perform their flips, predict attacks, do their pushes and pulls and other powers, etc etc.

i totally agree with you

jollyjim311
Me too, on account of you really can't disagree...

Captain REX
I win! big grin

Originally posted by Tangible God
Yoda would be dead by now.

I think it is his species that has the ability to live long; he's not using the Force for THAT. Unless you mean he wouldn't have survived battles and such...

Council#13
i think people are thinking about how the force affects the galaxy, not how the jedi are dependant on the force

Ushgarak
No... I don't think they are.

Dirk Jade
Luke Said that he felt Blind without the force, when he was inside the ysallimari bubbles. He couldn't stretch out and See the world around him. he couldnt read the emotions of people. sure its not a big deal to US because we never had those sences. Imagine being able to see then all of a sudden you cant. Its a big deal right? but what about people who have been BORN blind. Do they Notice it? do they miss it? of course not because they dont know what they missed.

ssj3gohan007
excellent point

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.