Iceman vs. ? - who can take him

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

phase
I think these guys cud have a chance, but which of these guys do u think cud KO Iceman - sometimes said to be most powerful mutant on EARTH.

Wolverine

Spiderman

Xavier

Pyro

Invisible Women

Shadowcat

Magma

Blair Wind
Id say the only one would be Xavier, cuz he can telepathically shut him down....other than that everyone else couldnt physically hurt him....

phase
yea pretty sure xavier cud take him.

Wolvie Spidey cudn't do much.

IW forcefields cud stop him draining her KE and the she cud place one around his head > unconcious > thinks of something to kill him - cud be a stalemate

Pyro w/ no equipment is screwed

Magma cud melt him > then evaporate him > then its a ring out for him and if there's a strong wind (well u never no) mayb death

Shadowcat cud phase out if he tries to encase her in ice and i dno if he cud drain her KE while phased, but if she "ground swims" to him then wanks him down into it the organic ice is still pretty screwwed as it shaaters and dies id think eek!

Blair Wind
I think your underestimating Iceman...with or without equipment Pyro is screwed, magma he could just stop her molecule motion, Shadowcat im not to sure on the science of it, but I THINK he could just stop the molecules she does have in place (that give the ability for her to be seen) and she wouldnt be able to move...now IW....that one is the toughest battle but iceman will still win...1) even if she goes invisible he can still see through temperature in the battle field so he would know where she was....2) if she put a bubble in his head and expaned he would just be splattered and he can come back from that...and 3) if she has a field around her, he can still freeze he insides...so iceman still wins...

phase
ok

phase
i c ur point w/ magma pyro not 2 sure bout the SC and IW tho.

IW i think youe description is pretty good thumb up but i don't see how his KE drainage can get through her force field to cool her insides, coz u do no his KE drainage comes in form of ICE BLASTS (that is how he gains contact, and he nust have contact to drain KE).

SC cud phase thru these ice blasts( i no -my speciality seen/read her doing it) and so i still think the battle is open there

RogerRamjet
Originally posted by phase
I think these guys cud have a chance, but which of these guys do u think cud KO Iceman - sometimes said to be most powerful mutant on EARTH.

Wolverine

Spiderman

Xavier

Pyro

Invisible Women

Shadowcat

Magma

now where ze fakk is Kiteman in zis List??? Kiteman you maggots!! mad

phase
chill out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wink

Blair Wind
i c ur point w/ magma pyro not 2 sure bout the SC and IW tho.

IW i think youe description is pretty good thumb up but i don't see how his KE drainage can get through her force field to cool her insides, coz u do no his KE drainage comes in form of ICE BLASTS (that is how he gains contact, and he nust have contact to drain KE).

SC cud phase thru these ice blasts( i no -my speciality seen/read her doing it) and so i still think the battle is open there

dude ice blasts are so like....a long time ago...he has become a WHOLE lot better...read X-men forever...and theres also a pic around here somewhere which I dont have where he freezes Emme Frosts brain without an iceblast, without even LOOKIN at here....iceman can control moleculer motion ( i like the way you put it kinetic drain) with out having to use a ice blast, its just a thought to him now...

RogerRamjet
chill out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wink

oh sorry, fair chap...i seems that i got bit carried away there... embarrasment big grin

illadelph12
Xavier's the only threat.

All of the other's listed are susceptible to Iceman inhabiting their bodily fluids and killing them before they could put him down.

phase
Originally posted by Blair Wind
dude ice blasts are so like....a long time ago...he has become a WHOLE lot better...read X-men forever...and theres also a pic around here somewhere which I dont have where he freezes Emme Frosts brain without an iceblast, without even LOOKIN at here....iceman can control moleculer motion ( i like the way you put it kinetic drain) with out having to use a ice blast, its just a thought to him now...

OK didnt no that. Cheers cool
Fine as illadelph12 says Xavier is the only one to take him down. All the others wud find it pretty hard (unless as usual Iceman doesnt fight to his max) or some cud escape the battlefield, but that's ring out

so.....Xavier's the 1
(Blair Wind if u like the term KE drain check the real name for this power :- Cyrokenesis)

LordKaos
Xavier can take him down
Shadowcat can phase, but there was an Acolyte that encased others by manipulating moisture, he proved that even phased Shadowcat could still be encased because her body had moisture.
If Magma can keep it hot enough to neutralize all the moisture around she has a chance.
Wolverine, Spiderman and Pyro are doomed.
The Invisible Woman, I'm not really sure, but a bubble around his head wouldn't be the way because most quasi-organic beings don't need to breath.

jrodslam
Originally posted by LordKaos
The Invisible Woman, I'm not really sure, but a bubble around his head wouldn't be the way because most quasi-organic beings don't need to breath.

It seems we were thinking the same thing. I wondered for a while if Iceman needed to breathe. Hmmm.

wolverine8888
see how he deos not any more have his second mutantion they could all hurt him

jrodslam
Originally posted by wolverine8888

His second mutation was him being in ice-form forever.

That has nothing to do with his durability or powers.

phase
so in order of best chance of KOing Iceman its:-

1. Xavier
2. Magma
3. Shadowcat + Invisible Women
4. Wolvie + Spidey
5. Pyro w/ no equipment!
rolling on floor laughing

soleran30

LOL all he does is blink and freeze all of them.

jrodslam
Originally posted by jrodslam
His second mutation was him being in ice-form forever.

That has nothing to do with his durability or powers.

yes

wolverine8888
actauly it does

wolverine8888
he can't turn into solid ice any more he cna only cover his body in ice

jrodslam
he can't turn into solid ice any more he cna only cover his body in ice

Youre wrong. sad

soleran30
LOL yeah ok whatever...........yes yes he can very easily at that as well. One frozen canadian popsicle.

LordKaos
His power has long since advanced from merely coating his body in ice way before his secondary mutation, like when Post put a whole in his chest. The loose of his secondary mutation just means he can now revert to his human form again.

jrodslam
His power has long since advanced from merely coating his body in ice way before his secondary mutation, like when Post put a whole in his chest. The loose of his secondary mutation just means he can now revert to his human form again.

Correct.

Wolverine8888 needs to read up on some Iceman.

wolverine8888
wtf

wolverine8888
thats gay that like a ill think for him how retarded

wolverine8888
so he cna still turn into water vapor?

jrodslam

HUH?

LordKaos

What the f**k?

jrodslam
so he cna still turn into water vapor?

If hes blown up/crushed and evaporated, then yea.

On his own, im not sure.

LordKaos
He doesn't turn to vapor, it's his default form when his body is destroyed.

Dark Urizen

Oh the irony of it all roll eyes (sarcastic)

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Id say the only one would be Xavier, cuz he can telepathically shut him down....other than that everyone else couldnt physically hurt him.... Wolverine would OWN Iceman, I mean he was naked by the lake... in CANADA! eek!

Melnorme
If IW can block off his powers with a forcefield, then I think she could take him.

phase
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Wolverine would OWN Iceman, I mean he was naked by the lake... in CANADA! eek!

laughing yeah like that's gonna help him against Iceman!

phase
Originally posted by Melnorme
If IW can block off his powers with a forcefield, then I think she could take him.

We have already found out that Iceman's cyrokenisis works like telekenisis he doesn't need physical contact just concentration to drain the KE from IW forcefield around her or not.

Check previous page cool dont worry i 4t the same thing at first

Melnorme
We have already found out that Iceman's cyrokenisis works like telekenisis he doesn't need physical contact just concentration to drain the KE from IW forcefield around her or not.

Check previous page cool

Right, I understand he doesn't need physical contact...but that doesn't necessarily mean that there aren't some tiny particles or some form of energy that Iceman is projecting in order to do what he does. These may in fact be invisible, so there's no way of telling. Still, if that is how his power works, and there is a field that prevents anything from going through it, it would stand to reason that she can contain Iceman. Which really should count as a win, but in case it doesn't...all she needs to do is create a smaller forcefield inside the larger one, and then gradually make both forcefields the same size. evil face

jrodslam
Right, I understand he doesn't need physical contact...but that doesn't necessarily mean that there aren't some tiny particles or some form of energy that Iceman is projecting in order to do what he does. These may in fact be invisible, so there's no way of telling. Still, if that is how his power works, and there is a field that prevents anything from going through it, it would stand to reason that she can contain Iceman. Which really should count as a win, but in case it doesn't...all she needs to do is create a smaller forcefield inside the larger one, and then gradually make both forcefields the same size. evil face

Well when he manipulated Emmas blood, he had his back turned on her and did it. Because Iceman has control over moisture thats around him, he decided to manipulate the blood. He doesnt really project any energy to do so. Its like a mental control of all moisture.

Melnorme
Originally posted by jrodslam
Well when he manipulated Emmas blood, he had his back turned on her and did it. Because Iceman has control over moisture thats around him, he decided to manipulate the blood. He doesnt really project any energy to do so. Its like a mental control of all moisture.

Yes, but it follows that there has to be some thing that is sourced from Iceman that causes a target to change in some way. Otherwise it's hard to say that Iceman is actually doing anything at all...am I making sense? I agree with you 100% that there doesn't appear to be any energy that comes from him when he does his thing, but that doesn't make his power uncontainable. After all, even Professor X's power can be blocked by things like a helmet.

Now, that's a good example right there. You don't see any energy coming from the Professor when he does his thing either, but we know it can be blocked. All I'm suggesting is that Iceman may also have a similar limitation. To be honest, I'm not familiar enough with his abilities to say so either way.

phase

yeah this is true cryokenesis is like telekenesis you dont need any contact just concentration. once a telekenetic has focused on an atom s/he can move it, once a cyrokenetic focuses on an atom s/he can drain its KE - no contact just needs to see it and concentrate on it - thats how iceman can cool all his surroundings at once easily.

This site is usually quite helpful. i think cyrokenesis is half way down im not sure if it explains it that well u cud also chek out shielding for IW see if it can help u. http://p089.ezboard.com/fnewevolution40661frm12.showMessage?topicID=33.topic

But I still think Xavier has the best chance

Melnorme
yeah this is true cryokenesis is like telekenesis you dont need any contact just concentration. once a telekenetic has focused on an atom s/he can move it, once a cyrokenetic focuses on an atom s/he can drain its KE - no contact just needs to see it and concentrate on it - thats how iceman can cool all his surroundings at once easily.

This site is usually quite helpful. i think cyrokenesis is half way down im not sure if it explains it that well u cud also chek out shielding for IW see if it can help u. http://p089.ezboard.com/fnewevolution40661frm12.showMessage?topicID=33.topic

But I still think Xavier has the best chance

That is an interesting link...but using that link's definition of "Shielding: Telekinetic" and your likening of Cryokinesis to Telekinesis, doesn't it stand to reason that IW's shield might be able to block his ice powers just as she can block a telekinetic's abilities?

And Xavier easily has the best chance. I think IW might not be out of the game, is all.

phase
But she can't i cant remember exactly but one telekenetic threw her around inside her own forcefield! U got 2 remember that IW forcefield is special it is formed by bending light, making it an extremely strong forcefield against physical matter -the best- but it has no effect on telekenesis telepathy empathy and so im geussing cryokenesis.

Melnorme
But she can't i cant remember exactly but one telekenetic threw her around inside her own forcefield!
Well, that doesn't bode well...not sure how that would work either, but it certainly doesn't look good. sad

Tha C-Master
laughing yeah like that's gonna help him against Iceman! According to the wolverine supporters it will. sad

phase
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
According to the wolverine supporters it will. sad

WELL I DONT CARE! wat a surprise! wink

Melnorme
Could Johnny take him down if he went Nova? I refuse to believe the FF would lose to Iceman alone stick out tongue

phase
This has been done b4, they sed Iceman would drain HT's KE b4 he manges to get to supernova and so Iceman won there.

But I think if all 4 went at once i think they cud take him down.......kinda going off the thread tho! embarrasment

jrodslam
Yea, i think Torch takes some time to go nova. Iceman would definately beat him.

He and Iceman fough way back in the day. Iceman pretty much countered everything he did. It came down to h2h combat, which got interrupted.

Now, theres no doubts of who would win between the two.

Blair Wind
ok who was it that said that iceman cant turn into water vapor? he does that by mouisture inversion...he did that in X-men Forever, he can basically teleport, same way he can turn into water, or completely ice...and wolvie888 he could turn to fully ice before he had the second mutation...just clearing that stuff up....iceman by himself could take the FF in my opinion unless they distracted him long enough to let Torch us nova...and even then its debatable since we have no idea how fast iceman can "teleport" his vapor to other places....

jrodslam
Which issue of X-Men forever did he do that Blair?

Blair Wind
damn....wait let me go get the pics...xmarksthespot had them up before on the iceman vs wolvie thread....

Blair Wind

LordKaos
I said he doesn't turn into vapor! unless his body is destroyed, and your scans proove that. It's his default state.

jrodslam
Sweet. rock

Blair Wind
I said he doesn't turn into vapor! unless his body is destroyed, and your scans proove that. It's his default state.

in AoA he did it on his own....and in X-men forever Mystique even calls him an idiot because he still uses ice slides now that he can "teleport"

and in a future x-men series (a what if)

iceman goes insane and turns to water vapor waiting for the X-men coming for him...he then proceeds to kill them with ice spicks coming from no where and they all die....

Iceman can teleport, its not just his default state

LordKaos
What Ifs and alternate realities don't count in the versus forum, but if it' any consolation I never doubted Iceman in the first place.

Blair Wind
I know just showing his potential...its also been said that he is now more powerful than AoA, so if he could do it there, Ima assume he can do it now, especially since he has shown the ability to turn into water (vs the monks in the Xorn Arch) and those pics prove he can exist as water vapor

LordKaos
I know he can exist as vapor, but he has never just turned into vapor it usually happens because his ice form was destroyed. All I know is at the end of the day he beats the crap out the majority of them.

Blair Wind
lol true...but I still think since according to well...everything he has shown, he can turn and teleport from AoA and he is said to be more powerful "here" in current timeline, and has shown the ability to transfigure his body type from human, to ice, to water, that he can turn it to vapor without having to be destroyed...I think its more a case of iceman is stupid sometimes with his powers....but he still can...

LordKaos
Agreed Happy Dance

klintypooh
yea pretty sure xavier cud take him.

Wolvie Spidey cudn't do much.

IW forcefields cud stop him draining her KE and the she cud place one around his head > unconcious > thinks of something to kill him - cud be a stalemate

Pyro w/ no equipment is screwed

Magma cud melt him > then evaporate him > then its a ring out for him and if there's a strong wind (well u never no) mayb death

Shadowcat cud phase out if he tries to encase her in ice and i dno if he cud drain her KE while phased, but if she "ground swims" to him then wanks him down into it the organic ice is still pretty screwwed as it shaaters and dies id think eek!

I'm not sure if this was intentional so I can only say WTF?

Tha C-Master
WELL I DONT CARE! wat a surprise! wink You're so biased... stick out tongue

phase
I no!

phase
So evry1 agrees Xavier is the only 1 who can take him ye?!? (getting bak 2 the thread)

phase
Ok this is cleared up but opens up a whole new thing guys chek out "Iceman vs. ? - seriously!!!" come up with some ideas and let's see!
cool

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.