Is there more Muslim or other terrorists?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarkCrawler
It seems that general stereotype for an terrorist is an Arab shouting "For Allah!" and suicide bombing himself. Now that I have started to think about it, aren't there more terrorists that aren't Muslim. How many?

How many Christian?

Capt_Fantastic
Many times a stereotype exists because of some basic truth.

I read an article by an Arab woman, a reporter, who made a pretty profound statement: "Not all Muslims are terrorists, but it seems that all terrorists are Muslim"

I don't really agree with this statement, but it takes a lot not to agree.

In this day and age, because of 9/11...riots in France...the London bombings, the western media has focused it's attention on Arab Muslim fanatacism. However, the Eastern world is up to it's neck in terrorist activity. The sad commentary is that there is a huge Muslim population in the east. And many of them are involved, directly or otherwise, in terrorist activities that focus their anger at the western world.

One indisputable fact, that must be considered, is that "death to infidels" is a basic aspect of many extreme interpretations of the Muslim religion. I'm not saying that there aren't a huge number of Muslims that have evolved a more civilized world view, and accepted that Islam is an ancient religion that must adapt with the times. But, there are many still, that have decided not to evolve. America;s first encounter with Muslim fanatacism happened during the Jefferson administration. And, he justly acted against it. When Muslim pirates attacked US freighters, kidnapping US citizens, Jefferson tried to negotiate. The Muslim respone was that their religion gave them the right to do as they wished. Jefferson sent a fleet of war ships that leveled their asses. However, Bush does not do this. And this is no longer the 1700's.

Christian terrorists? Hummm? You mean like the CIA? You mean like the Bush administration? Or maybe you are referring to the IRA? Christian terrorists would be all of us in the western world, as far as many Muslims are concerned.

Sir Whirlysplat
The loyalist and Catholic movements caused a lot of problems in the UK a few years ago. Both stick to being organised crime "famillies" and forays into politics through their political arms these days. sad. Punishment beating anyone?

I do not have sufficient stats or definitive crteria to actually decide who the "largest" in number terrorists are.

Bardiel13
The funny thing for me is, my stereotype for a terrorist has always been a Russian dude with a trenchcoat, sunglasses and an earpiece saying "Detonate ze bomm, Alexi."

I dunno about you guys. Maybe because I have a few Arab friends who are pretty modern and are just as into Islam as you guys are to Christianity... Unless you're an extremist, too.stick out tongue

And, yes there are more than just Muslim terrorists! From every part of the world, from every religion there is a terrorist. There are tons of Christian terrorist groups in the world.

KidRock
If the shoe fits..

Afro Cheese
I'd say most terrorists seem to be muslim.. but there are always exceptions. For instance.. wouldn't the "Army of God" count as a christian terrorist organization?

EDIT: Also, in many ways American street gangs resemble terrorist groups. They use violence to instill fear and fear to get what they want.. the only thing that seperates them from "terrorists" is that they aren't doing so in the name of a political cause.

a1hsauce
yah unfortunately since 9/11 and most likely before that the face of Terrorism has become an Arab screaming in the name of Allah, but I dont believe that they are the only terrorists out there. There have got to be other groups in the name of Christianity that are using violence just as much.

I think its still going on but there was fighting going on in the northern part of Ireland between the Protestants and the Catholics. could they be considered Terrorists to some extent or just local gangs?

Darth Jello
in the US, we've got a lot of christian terrorist groups like operation rescue, army of god, christian identity, and other hate groups. Koch, and Kahane Chai are israeli settler terrorist groups. I'd argue that the contras in south america are terrorists. and that's just a few examples.

PVS
are there more Muslim or other terrorists? smile

no that still doesnt make sense

how about: "are most terrorists muslem?"

Capt_Fantastic
Well, let's look at these christian groups that people are mentioning. Christian groups that kill abortion doctors, profess the sanctity of life?

They're terrorists too.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.