Favorite movie of 2005.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rage420
Which of these movies of 2005 did you like the best? If your favorite isn't listed then just vote on which one from the list is your favorite and post what movie you liked best that wasn't listed.'

Mandorallen: All you need to do is mention one of your favorites of '05, and if it's not on the poll I'll edit the poll.

Mr Parker
Batman Begins definetely.Great to see hollywood FINALLY redeem themselves by finally making a Batman movie that stayed loyal to the source material for once.Great to see that they finally made a Batman movie that wasnt crap.All those other Batman movies were all just a bad nightmare that I have now awakend from. Happy Dance

Rage420
Originally posted by Mr Parker
Batman Begins definetely.Great to see hollywood FINALLY redeem themselves by finally making a Batman movie that stayed loyal to the source material for once.Great to see that they finally made a Batman movie that wasnt crap.All those other Batman movies were all just a bad nightmare that I have now awakend from. Happy Dance

I agree, this was a good movie year but I have to say Batman Begins won in my opinion.

DeVi| D0do
King Kong for me. Though Batman Begins is very close behind...

Mr Parker
great to see that you have logic and common sense and agree with me that Batman Begins is the only Batman movie ever made that wasnt crap.That was the Batman movie we SHOULD have had back in 89 but were cheated and robbed out of.

Rage420
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
King Kong for me. Though Batman Begins is very close behind...

I loved that movie, it's in my top 3 this year. Can't wait til it comes out on DVD.

great to see that you have logic and common sense and agree with me that Batman Begins is the only Batman movie ever made that wasnt crap.That was the Batman movie we SHOULD have had back in 89 but were cheated and robbed out of.

I liked the Michael Keaton Batman's but they didn't measure up to Begins and Christian Bale is the first Batman who looks like he can actually whoop a$$.

Mr Parker
Now I dont think you have as good of taste in movies as I thought you did now that you said that.

Rage420
Now I dont think you have as good of taste in movies as I thought you did now that you said that.

I, like a lot of people, liked the first Batman... it was the later ones that sucked, I have good taste, just because it differs from yours doesn't mean I don't. Can you really comment on someone elses taste when you said "Spider-Man is the worst comic book movie ever". Have you not seen a lot of comic book movies, it's actually one of the better ones. I thought SP1 was awesome and SP2 was okay but neither were as good as Batman Begins.

DeVi| D0do
I liked the Tim Burton Batmans. The Schumacher ones were just hollywood blockbuster crap.

Mando
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
I liked the Tim Burton Batmans. The Schumacher ones were just hollywood blockbuster crap.

Mr parker, I know how sensitive you are on that subject. but If you wish to discuss Burton's Batman with Devil Dodo, do it Via PM

----------

My personal Favorites include:

Batman Begins
King Kong
Serenity

In no Particular order.

Rage420
Originally posted by Mando
Mr parker, I know how sensitive you are on that subject. but If you wish to discuss Burton's Batman with Devil Dodo, do it Via PM

I agree, enough about older movies... this is about movies of 2005.

MildPossession
Batman Begins and Sin City out of that list...

Rage420
Just spit out your favorite and the Mods can add it in.

Mando
^ I don't have a problem doing that.

MildPossession
I've added into a topic that was made some time ago.

WindDancer
Batman Begins

Rage420
My top 5:

1. Batman Begins (One of the best movies ever, plus I was always a huge Batman fan.)
2. Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith (The best Star Wars movie of all, tons of action and not too many slow moments like the other SW movies and has tons of replay value.)
3. King Kong (Just like the original but updated to look realistic and lots of Kong action.)
4. Longest Yard (Best Sandler movie yet, hilarious and entertaining.)
5. War of the Worlds (Those tripods were awesome)

Backspace
My top 3:

1. King Kong
2. Batman Begins close behind
3. Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith

Solo
Crash, anyone?

Rage420
Originally posted by Backspace
My top 3:

1. King Kong

Same top 3 as me except different order, we have good taste. lol

Mando
Originally posted by Solo
Crash, anyone?

Added.

exanda kane
Batman Begins
Sin City
Serenity

No particular order, I havnt actually seen kong yet. No doubt you'll recommend it.

It's another sad year though if we end the year hoping no more Star Wars had been made, thats the way i feel. sad

Rage420
Another vote for Serenity, I guess I'll check that movie out but it didn't look that good to me but the people who like it also like a lot of my other favorite picks.

Mando
It's an acquired taste really.

Myth
What a great year for movies:

1. Sin City
2. Batman Begins
3. Crash
4. A History of Violence
5. SW III
6. Wedding Crashers
7. Jarhead

None of the others deserve to be on my list.

Muaddib
Originally posted by Backspace
My top 3:

1. King Kong

That's a great top 3, but the order for me goes:

1) King Kong - (Fantastic, awesome, everything I expected and more)
2) Sith (Great action, effects, wraps up the Star Wars saga, but a few flaws)
3) Batman (Great solid action movie, much better than first ones, but still not quite in the Star Wars ballgame)

Rage420
Originally posted by Muaddib
That's a great top 3, but the order for me goes:

1) King Kong - (Fantastic, awesome, everything I expected and more)
2) Sith (Great action, effects, wraps up the Star Wars saga, but a few flaws)
3) Batman (Great solid action movie, much better than first ones, but still not quite in the Star Wars ballgame)

Same as my top 3 but in a different order, there are a few people in here including you and I who thought Batman, Star Wars, and Kong where the top 3 movies this year.

River Wild
Serenity
King kong
Batman

Happy Holidays! Happy Dance

LiL nAstY GirL
Sin City

T.M
top 3 in no perticular order.

King Kong
A History Of Violence
Batman Begins

There will prob be others like Sin City which I haven't seen yet but am getting for Xmas

ThisIsALongName
Saw II

Murray
Batman Begins *
Sin City
Lords of Dogtown
Harry Potter **
Jarhead
Good Night, and Good Luck
The Chronicles of Narnia *
Walk the Line
Rent
Syriana *

There were a lot of good movies this year, but there were also a lot of bad ones.

*=Top 3 favorites
**=Honorable mention

Scarecrow756
I have to say it is a tie between Batman Begins and Star Wars Epsode III for me.

gregmss
King Kong
Batman Begins
The 40 Year Old Virgin
Me, You and Everyone We Know
war of the worlds
and Sin City

fruits
dude, war of the worlds was hella good!!!! but that's just me

Ultimate Hulk43
I'm getting the Fantastic Four DVD and Batman Begins DVD tomorrow so I'll make my choice then.It'll probably be Batman Begins.

ThisIsALongName
I saw King Kong today and change my mind to that.

Mando
Originally posted by fruits
dude, war of the worlds was hella good!!!! but that's just me

It was some great Eye candy.

But had Plot holes up the ying yang.

fruits
yeah, good point.

MC_GG
Batman Begins: When I first saw the trailer, I was like meh it's crap. But after watching it, I was really surprised.
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith: We all know how this one ended, and it ended in a way so that it's connected to A New Hope.
King Kong: Same as the remake, except I felt sad when Kong died.
War of the Worlds: OMG the ending is so horrible. It killed the entire movie and my interest in it.
The Longest Yard: It's Adam's best movie.
Fantastic 4: Whoever says this movie is the best movie of 2005 is either on crack or they're mentally retarted period.
Mr. and Mrs. Smith: OMG what can I say? It's action, comedy and sex put into one big story about a married couple.
Wedding Crashers: The best comedy movie of 2005 folks.
Sin City: This movie kicked *** big time, but wasn't as big as Batman Begins.
40 Year Old Virgin: The second best comedy movie after Wedding Crashers.
Serenity: I got 3 words for it. I hate it.
Jarhead: Not exactly what I expected it to be, but it was good.
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire: Hermoine, Hermoine, Hermoine. The only reason I saw this movie is because of Emma Watson,
A History of Violence: It's a suspense/thriller movie. The way Viggo kills people is brutal.
Crash: Ludacris was the best in this movie.
Fun With Dick and Jane: I saw this one yesterday. Jim Carrey is back to his old school ways again on this one.
Walk The Line: I liked Reese Witherspoon more than Joaquin Phoenix in this one.
Rent: It was ok I guess.

Ultimate Hulk43
Just saw Batman Begins and the Fantastic Four movie today.I vote Batman Begins but Fantastic Four was a great movie as well.

draconigena
(In no particular order)

The Good:
Batman Begins
Chronicles of Narnia
King Kong
Sin City
Serenity

The Alright:
Harry Potter
History of Violence
Star Wars
Mr. and Mrs. Smith

The Not Very Good:
The Longest Yard
War of the Worlds
Fantastic 4
Wedding Crashers (it wasn't as funny as I expected)
40-Year-Old Virgin (also not as funny as I was expecting)

The Ones I Have Yet to See:
Jarhead
Crash
Brokeback Mountain (not up there)
Fun With Dick and Jane (I don't plan on seeing this though)
Rent (Same, I'll wait to rent it... erm, bad pun not intended)
Syriana (not up there)
Walk the Line (I'll wait to NetFlix this one too)
Memoirs of a Geisha (not up there)

Mando
Originally posted by draconigena
The Ones I Have Yet to See:
Brokeback Mountain (not up there)
Syriana (not up there)
Memoirs of a Geisha (not up there)

Added.

Ultimate Hulk43
Originally posted by draconigena
Fantastic 4

What?The Fantastic Four movie was great! cool

Impediment
It was okay at best. Batman Begins and Sin City were the best comic book films of 2005 bar none.

K.Diddy
Batman begins and Saw 2

Imperial_Samura

sk8stuff09
king kong, batman begins, crash

Mando
I'd like to add Star Wars III on my list.

I just watched the DVD and I just remembered how neat it was.

Ultimate Hulk43
Originally posted by Impediment
It was okay at best. Batman Begins and Sin City were the best comic book films of 2005 bar none.

I still haven't seen Sin City but at the moment I'd rank Batman Begins as the best comic book movie ever,until something comes along that's better.

Selina Wayne
Without hesitation: BATMAN BEGINS cool

preysin
this is retard. why is king kong and batman winning? best movie and everybody pick is episode III. no competntion.

BackFire
Crash is my pick.

Talking_Owl
Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith, no doubt.

gregmss
The Producers is amazing, defently the best film of the year, hilarious and beautiful to look at

nimbus006
I cannot believe no one has mentioned Cinderella Man in at LEAST the top 5 movies of the year, as for me its number 2.

1. King Kong- Peter Jackson does it again, master piece, extremely well made. Note to other directors. You dont have to stray away from the original when making a re make in order for it to be good.

2. Cinderella Man- One of Crowe's best performances, very moving and inspiring.

3. Chronicles of Narnia- Very well made movie, good for any age audience, good action. better than i thought it would be

4. Batman Begins- Best Super Hero movie probably to date. Great story, awesome action, very good acting.

5. Star Wars III- Although i think the dialogue in all the Star Wars movies are sub par, i have to say this movie was as entertaining as they get. With some of the best sword fighting scenes ive ever scene and great special effects Star Wars III rounds off my top 5.

Honorable Mentions: No particualar order.
1. Harry Potter- Im a little biased towards this film because i cannot stand the characters or actors, but still a pretty good movie.

2. Walk the Line- Very good movie, Phoenix and Witherspoon make it good.

3. Sin City- Probably even better than Batman except for the fact that it is Batman.

4. Crash- Confusing at times, but pretty good acting, and thought provoking.

5. Charlie and the Chocalate Factory- Funny, good for kids although a bit weird, but all a round good entertaining movie with nice message.

6. The Incredibles- Best animated movie ive ever seen

7. Wedding Crashers- Funniest movie since Dumb and Dumber.

8. 40 year old virgin- Close behind Wedding Crashers.

9. Jarhead- Just a solid movie all a round, nothing great or spectacular; just solid.

Have not seen: Constant Gardener, Serenity, Hotel Rwanda, the Producers or Syriana.

Biggest Garbage of the year: Doom! worst movie i ever spent $7.00 on.

Ultimate Hulk43
The Incredibles came out LAST year,not this year.

nimbus006
Well then, exuse me... still think its the best animated movie ive seen.

Red Superfly
Batman Begins wins it for me.

Sin City isn't far behind, but both these movies are head and shoulders above the rest of the movies that have been released this year.

Bardock42

You damn Keaton hater....but I came to the conclusion you are not that un-right.

Crash, anyone?

Haven't seen it.

So the First is between Batman Begins and Sin City (both basically Frank Miller Stories...funny coincidence)

NewJERU
Crash, and you guys forgot to put "Four Brothers" up there. That was an awesome movie.

gregmss
four brothers sucked, the producers should be up there

Mando
Just added both.

ThisIsALongName
The Four Brothers was brilliant.

BlackSunshine
Batman Begins

Eis
Sin City, by FAR

Doctor Lecter
Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith

DeVi| D0do
My top 5 of 2005...

5. Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
4. War of the Worlds
3. Crash
2. Batman Begins
1. King Kong

But I still haven't seen many of the smaller films like Brokeback Mountain, History of Violence, Good Night and Good Luck, Cinderella Man, etc...

Ast
Originally posted by preysin
this is retard. why is king kong and batman winning? best movie and everybody pick is episode III. no competntion.

If it was everbody's pick it would be winning. laughing out loud

Batman Begins for me too.

Solo
SW: III is overrated, big time.

MC Mike
3. Batman Begins / Four Brothers
2. Sin City
1. Jarhead

Episode III was horrid.

Susan-Storm
1.Fantastic Four
2.Batman Begins
3.Harry Potter 4

DarkWizard
SW: III is overrated, big time.

It was overrated by the Die Hard Fan boys IMO. But Underrated by the average movie viewers. I Thought it did wonders for the Prequel Trilogy. The only parts I disliked, was How bad Natalie Portman looked. And Ewan McGregor's horrible Dialogue.

ladygrim
mine was

harry potter
narnia
war of the worlds
batmans begins
Star Wars Episode III

River Wild
I'll go for Harry Potter and King Kong!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.