Hulk vs our world

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Hit and Run
I thought of this when I saw the 'Flash vs our world' thread.
Our world has two weeks of prep. How would this turn out?

phase
does our world include the superheroes and mutants?

DarkCrawler
Nope.

phase
w/ 2 weeks prep i think we could take him just get all the science geniuses to make one big bad machine

Melnorme
We would kill the Hulk.

Hit and Run
"does our world include the superheroes and mutants?"

No, unless we have mutants and superheroes in real life and no one told me.

spetznaz
Originally posted by Hit and Run
I thought of this when I saw the 'Flash vs our world' thread.
Our world has two weeks of prep. How would this turn out?

Nice thread.
To be honest I do not think our world (ours meaning the real world, with no powers or such stuff) could take out many comics characters.
With 2 weeks of prep that is virtually guaranteed.

Seriously, how could we hurt the Hulk?
Nuke him? Somehow I think that wouldn't knock him out for a loop for too long, and anyways where are we going to nuke him?
He will be moving quite fast, more often than not in areas with human settlement, and there is no way an American president (who wants to be re-elected ....or have someone from his party elected) will nuke a populated area of American soil.

In comic books they have all sorts of nice weapons, and maybe they can come up with something that can work against a gamma-monster like the Hulk.
However in the real world there is no analogue.

The Hulk beats and eats all of us.

Seriously though, any of the major characters can wipe out the world.
Take Superman for example ....his weaknesses are kryptonite and magic.
In the real world where will someone get either?

Take the Flash .....how would we even sense him if he goes at his top velocities?

Take Magneto .....or the Juggernaut .....or Lobo ......or Darkseid ....or Doomsday ....or the Surfer .....or Gladiator .....or .......

If any of a good number of characters came to earth there is absolutely nothing we could do apart from yield or run off into the wilderness and hide.

Dark Urizen
Real life = more devious than comic book life.

It takes a grand total of two people to kill him.
A five year old girl and a person regardless of age with a handgun.

Hulk sees five year old girl, stops rampage, calms down, turns into banner, is shot in the head by the second person. The End.

Dark Urizen
Originally posted by spetznaz
Nice thread.
To be honest I do not think our world (ours meaning the real world, with no powers or such stuff) could take out many comics characters.

Nuke him? Somehow I think that wouldn't knock him out for a loop for too long, and anyways where are we going to nuke him?
He will be moving quite fast, more often than not in areas with human settlement, and there is no way an American president (who wants to be re-elected ....or have someone from his party elected) will nuke a populated area of American soil.

In comic books they have all sorts of nice weapons, and maybe they can come up with something that can work against a gamma-monster like the Hulk.

Seriously though, any of the major characters can wipe out the world.
Take Superman for example ....his weaknesses are kryptonite and magic.
In the real world where will someone get either?

Take the Flash .....how would we even sense him if he goes at his top velocities?

Take Magneto .....or the Juggernaut .....or Lobo ......or Darkseid ....or Doomsday ....or the Phoenix .....or Gladiator .....or .......

If any of a good number of characters came to earth there is absolutely nothing we could do apart from yield or run off into the wilderness and hide.

I'm curious.....why has no one ever thought of killing Mags with plastic or wooden weapons? erm

Melnorme
Nice thread.

Nerve gas.

spetznaz
Originally posted by Dark Urizen
I'm curious.....why has no one ever thought of killing Mags with plastic or wooden weapons? erm

Because Magneto is too important to Marvel to be killed with wooden weapons. At least that is what I think. Remember there was a time when Marvel would have collapsed were it not for the sales being brought in by Wolverine and Magneto, hence those characters have a special pedestal in Marveldom.

Dark Urizen
Because Magneto is too important to Marvel to be killed with wooden weapons. At least that is what I think. Remember there was a time when Marvel would have collapsed were it not for the sales being brought in by Wolverine and Magneto, hence those characters have a special pedestal in Marveldom.

Yeah, i can see THAT roll eyes (sarcastic)
But at least a failed attempt or something would've been nice. I mean......is there any logical reason you can think of (besides decrease in sales and such) why this wouldn't work?

grey fox

Not only that but the old , 'I am Mags fear my blood powers......'

srankmissingnin

Because he doesn't controll metal he controls electromagnet energy? I remember him saying something like that.

grey fox
But back to the main point , we die horribly , very very horribly.......

Dark Urizen
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Because he doesn't controll metal he controls electromagnet energy? I remember him saying something like that.

Yes, and where on the electromagnetic spectrum is a thrown wooden javelin? NOWHERE. no

spetznaz
Originally posted by Melnorme
Nerve gas.

Nerve gas should technically work.
Good one ....hadn't thought of that.

However wouldn't that fall under the same problem category as deploying nukes?
1) Using nerve gas in a populated area would be political suicide.
2) How does one get a bearing on the Hulk? If he jumps he will be miles away by the time he lands (and on the ground he can move at around 300mph, meaning that the only way NG would work is if the entire area was saturated with the gas, which would have severe political implications unless the Hulk was lured into the middle of nowhere. And anyways what is to stop the Hulk from simply jumping up and away).
3) Anyways .....the biggest problem (apart from the political stuff) would be bringing the Hulk and the gas together. IF he is too mobile they cannot get a bead on him, and evne if he is stationary they would have to bring the canisters of gas (in whatever form they will be, either in missiles or other) to him.
4) Nerve gas is a chemical weapon and the US is NOT supposed to use it (although we HAVE it and are currently destroying the stocks we have, although I'd be willing to bet not all of it will get destroyed). The Russians also have large stockpiles, and apparently still make some ....such as the 3-BZ type that some say was used in the Theater rescue (when Chechen terrorists took over the Russian theater in Moscow and Russian special forces had to use NG to take it over). Anyways, any use of nerve gas (be it sarin, 3BZ, or any other type) by the US would have ramifications.

With that said ....that was a good one.
I hadn't thought of it.
Nerve gas is a good option, and i am certain the president would simply say 'it had to be done.'

Question for you: How does one stop Superman if he came into our world. If you have an answer for that YOU ARE THE MAN.

spetznaz
Yeah, i can see THAT roll eyes (sarcastic)
But at least a failed attempt or something would've been nice. I mean......is there any logical reason you can think of (besides decrease in sales and such) why this wouldn't work?

Hmmmm ....honestly none. I remember in a cartoon (one of those old X-men cartoons) Magneto almost getting killed by a Sentinel that I believe was made of a non-ferrous material (I don't recall whether it was ceramic or high-grade plastic, but his powers had zero effect).
However rest assured that Marvel will ALWAYS come up with a way to prevent Mags from getting offed by a wooden weapon.

However in the real world wooden weapons (my best choice would be many wooden flechettes fired at high velocity in a scatter-shot pattern) should not only hurt Magneto BUT kill him as well.

grey fox

Question for you: How does one stop Superman if he came into our world. If you have an answer for that YOU ARE THE MAN.

The answer to the supes one is rather simple , show him the comics . The mere thought of one being a fictioanl character and having nor real meaning would cause him to snap becoming ether a psychopathic monster the likes we have yet to see , or a docile vegetable......

Dark Urizen
Hmmmm ....honestly none. I remember in a cartoon (one of those old X-men cartoons) Magneto almost getting killed by a Sentinel that I believe was made of a non-ferrous material (I don't recall whether it was ceramic or high-grade plastic, but his powers had zero effect).
However rest assured that Marvel will ALWAYS come up with a way to prevent Mags from getting offed by a wooden weapon.

However in the real world wooden weapons (my best choice would be many wooden flechettes fired at high velocity in a scatter-shot pattern) should not only hurt Magneto BUT kill him as well.

Yep. But about a dozen javelins should do the same job. And a small tribe of africans would be able to pride themselves on killing one of the strongest mutants in the world stick out tongue

Anyway, back to the Hulk......why doesn't anyone like my "2 persons sollution" ? sad

spetznaz
Originally posted by grey fox
The answer to the supes one is rather simple , show him the comics . The mere thought of one being a fictioanl character and having nor real meaning would cause him to snap becoming ether a psychopathic monster the likes we have yet to see , or a docile vegetable......

LOL.
You should be a psychologist. Nice one.

BTW: Luthor used something similar to make the Superman in Red Son basically self-implode. One sentence did the trick, and Superman ended up sacrificing himself.
Thus your idea has a lot of merit.

However, apart from such a tactic, is there really any way to stop Kal-El in the real world?

srankmissingnin
Yes, and where on the electromagnetic spectrum is a thrown wooden javelin? NOWHERE. no

Protons and electrons my friend

In eve of destruction it Magneto said that he could control protons and eletrons changing the charge of an object so his shield would repell it.

Dark Urizen
LOL.

BTW: Luthor used something similar to make the Superman in Red Son basically self-implode. One sentence did the trick, and Superman ended up sacrificing himself.

However, apart from such a tactic, is there really any way to stop Kal-El in the real world?

Don't really see any way to stop him with force.

grey fox

Anyway, back to the Hulk......why doesn't anyone like my "2 persons sollution" ? sad

Because hulk is not as dumb as he was in the 80's he doesn't fall for that kind of crap anymore....

LOL.

No , not in the slightest . If kal-el came into our world then we would be honestly and truthfully ****ed.

Dark Urizen
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Protons and electrons my friend

In eve of destruction it Magneto said that he could control protons and eletrons changing the charge of an object so his shield would repell it.

Exaggerating now. He might be able to do that, but i personally have never seen him manipulate anything made of wood or plastic...

Dark Urizen
Because hulk is not as dumb as he was in the 80's he doesn't fall for that kind of crap anymore....

No , not in the slightest . If kal-el came into our world then we would be honestly and truthfully ****ed.

Why wouldn't he fall for a big-eyed 5 year old girl anymore? messed

grey fox
Hulk has fallen for that before , plus holograms and a crap load of other stuff , he'd eat the girl and rip the guy with a gun in half . Also where the hell would you get someone willing to pull a gun in front of a ten foot tall green behemoth....

srankmissingnin
Exaggerating now. He might be able to do that, but i personally have never seen him manipulate anything made of wood or plastic...

Its how he killed Dazzler in Eve of Destruction with her own attack

Dark Urizen
Hulk has fallen for that before , plus holograms and a crap load of other stuff , he'd eat the girl and rip the guy with a gun in half . Also where the hell would you get someone willing to pull a gun in front of a ten foot tall green behemoth....

No, you don't understand. The little girl will stop his rampage. She'll stay with him and laugh, and all that crazy soft mushy shite. Then AFTER he's turned into banner, someone shoots him in the back of the head.....with a shotgun preferably big grin

grey fox
No, you don't understand. The little girl will stop his rampage. She'll stay with him and laugh, and all that crazy soft mushy shite. Then AFTER he's turned into banner, someone shoots him in the back of the head.....with a shotgun preferably big grin

Oh you mean a cute little girl like Shirley Temple , she couldn't even take spawn dammit ...http://www.uvm.edu/~chmartin/spawn_shirley.html

And i wouldn't be holding a shotgun , I'd be handling a SAA with 454 cassul rounds in it , below is what one of those suckers looks like when fired....

http://www.pistolwhipvideo.com/images/wallpaper.jpg

....NOW THAT would turn the bastards head to mush......

Dark Urizen
Oh you mean a cute little girl like Shirley Temple , she couldn't even take spawn dammit ...http://www.uvm.edu/~chmartin/spawn_shirley.html

And i wouldn't be holding a shotgun , I'd be handling a SAA with 454 cassul rounds in it , below is what one of those suckers looks like when fired....

http://www.pistolwhipvideo.com/images/wallpaper.jpg

....NOW THAT would turn the bastards head to mush......

You are a sick and demented bastard laughing out loud

Doing anything on friday? shifty

grey fox
Unfortunately enough yes , i shall be up my grandmothers stuffing myself with food .

Alas i have to go to sleep now as i am tired as crap , but i shall be back i warn ye...night........

Dark Urizen
Unfortunately enough yes , i shall be up my grandmothers stuffing myself with food .

Alas i have to go to sleep now as i am tired as crap , but i shall be back i warn ye...night........

Yeah, i'm going too......half past 1 in the morning sad
Night.

Melnorme

Not sure. Without prior knowledge of what kills him, it wouldn't be reasonable to assume that we could just figure out how to make kryptonite, or that a red solar light spectrum could take him down. Raw, brute force probably wouldn't work. Maybe some sort of biological agent would affect him? Other than that, I got nothing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.