Darth Vader Vs Dante

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

swedish_bum
The Terror of space vs The demon Dante. Who wins?

Dante = Not unlimited Devil trigger.

swedish_bum
Now, Who will win this flight?

I guess Darth Vader..

DenKi
Darth vadar is slow and weak and old how could he win?

Shadow x 20
If this is ROTS Vader (Anakin) then he would be faster and more agile.

IcePunk
DArth wins easily.
Bum stop bashing Dante just cuz he pwned most opponents in your threads

IcePunk
Darth ruined a whole medical room just by getting sad

swedish_bum
Yeah and he can predict every move that Dante dose.

Talking_Owl
Vader

Shadow x 20
Okay so this is Vader in the suit. If this is straight up sword fight then Dante would be able to win but let them use their abilities and Vader would just force choke him till he dies.

swedish_bum
He wins any way cuz he has he's Light saber that he cuts of Dante's sword with.

IcePunk
Originally posted by swedish_bum
Great english laughing

Shadow x 20
Originally posted by swedish_bum

It should be

He wins any way because he has a lightsaber that can cut through Dante's sword.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by DenKi
Darth vadar is slow and weak and old how could he win?
because he has a LIGHTSABER.

Shadow x 20
and the force.

Rogue Jedi
exactly. a lightsaber cuts through anything, and there is always force lightning.

dvampire
How do we know that Dante's sword can broken though? It's never been done, plus it's magical, saying that the lightsaber could cut through Dante's sword is only speculation. And Dante wins IMO.

Spearhead
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
exactly. a lightsaber cuts through anything, and there is always force lightning.

star wars dorks such as myself will be quick to point out that, from what we've seen, one needs one's own hands in order to use force lightning

regardless, force grip or that weird wind tunnel thing he does (in the Bespin duel against Luke) would probably take care of Dante

IcePunk
Well choaking Dante to death has never been done, therefor it's only a theory that he would die by force choak, Dante has survived a sword through his heart and spine recovered seconds later for gods sake and recovered seconds later.
And that Vader can predict his every move is NOT true, a jedi/dark sith
can only see into the future by concentration and Darth doesnt have time to stand still and concentrate in the middle of a fight does he now?

Rogue Jedi
he doesnt have to stand still to foresee dante's next move. where did you get this info?

Shadow x 20

What about that metal from KoToR? Or the electro staff that the IG-100s used?

IcePunk
Where did you get that info? If that was true then the red droids in the star forge would be beaten in one stroak each.

IcePunk
he doesnt have to stand still to foresee dante's next move. where did you get this info?
If that was true then most trained jedis would evade and then strike other than just block block block block block and then maybe strike and with that ability, Vader could defeat anyone, even Supes and Goku.
Dante can just go Sparda on his ass fry him, giant dragon style.
Or just freeze time and decapatate him.

Shadow x 20
Originally posted by IcePunk
DArth wins easily.
Bum stop bashing Dante just cuz he pwned most opponents in your threads
You changed your mind fast Ice

IcePunk
Originally posted by Shadow x 20
If this is ROTS Vader (Anakin) then he would be faster and more agile.
Are you reffering to the NOT- fried version or the same slow robot like Vader?
Anywho, robot like Vader is as slow as in episodes 4-6.

IcePunk
You changed your mind fast Ice
you bet ya big grin

Shadow x 20
Anakin as in no suit Vader in ROTS when Sidious named him Darth Vader

IcePunk
Vader doesnt have that ability, at least he hasnt shown he can do it.

IcePunk
Anakin as in no suit Vader in ROTS when Sidious named him Darth Vader
Im speaking with SWE Bum right, now and he says: "I mean Darth vader, not Anakin". I think you see what he means.

Rogue Jedi
Are you reffering to the NOT- fried version or the same slow robot like Vader?
Anywho, robot like Vader is as slow as in episodes 4-6.
hes not slow, hes just a more experienced swordsman. his movements, if you watch closely, are deft and more precise.

swedish_bum
still slow

dvampire
hes not slow, hes just a more experienced swordsman. his movements, if you watch closely, are deft and more precise.

Dante is a very skilled swordsman too though, he was raised from a very young age to fight against demons and every other creatures.

Shadow x 20
Vader would just force choke Dante until he dies

dvampire
Vader would just force choke Dante until he dies

Which won't work, especailly when he's fighting against someone who's far faster than him and have long range weapons.

Shadow x 20
Vader can block blaster bolts with his hand and speed doesn't matter with force choke.

Zen2nd
Vader has a good chance of winning

All Vader has to do then his use the force to remove them from Dante's hands.

It all comes down to a sword fight basically. I'm thinking that the lightsaber could have devastating damage on Dante's sword. Plus the fact that Vader will most probably use the force to knock over Dante so he can get a good jab in with the lightsaber.

dvampire
Originally posted by Zen2nd
Vader has a good chance of winning

All Vader has to do then his use the force to remove them from Dante's hands.

It all comes down to a sword fight basically. I'm thinking that the lightsaber could have devastating damage on Dante's sword. Plus the fact that Vader will most probably use the force to knock over Dante so he can get a good jab in with the lightsaber.

Dante isn't going to just let his weapons slip away from and I'm not so sure that the lightsaber will do anything to Dante's sword since it was never shown to be damaged.

dvampire
Vader can block blaster bolts with his hand and speed doesn't matter with force choke.

Speed does matter since Dante isn't going to just stand still while some person just hits him.

IcePunk
Dante's got a rocket launcher and granade launcher both do basicly the same thing: blowing shit up, there has never been proved that Vader can survive anything like that.
Or he can do the dark emperor did with Vader in episode 6: electryfy him with Alastor in devil trigger which probably would make his medical devices go haywire as they probably did in the movie, I think everyone knows what happens if his medical stuffs are broken or malfunktioned.....

Zen2nd
Thats the problem. Dante is using age old weapons when compared to Vader. Vader will be able to crush the rocket before it is fired thus making it explode in Dante's hand thus making the weapon useless.

IcePunk
Thats the problem. Dante is using age old weapons when compared to Vader. Vader will be able to crush the rocket before it is fired thus making it explode in Dante's hand thus making the weapon useless.
You're wrong about Dantes weapons being old, "in an galaxy long ago far far away", I think that qoute speaks for it's self.
how are you so sure that Vader even knows what those things are? Those weapons are far different than the ones in the star wars-verse, duh laughing out loud

Zen2nd
yeah but it ain't rocket science either. Ha ha get it rocket! Oh wait I'm stooping to your level *cough*

Plus when the rocket is fired anyway Vader can use the force to push it right back at Dante!

So if Vader is far away and is fired at he'll either deflect the bullets or throw the rockets off course

When he's up close he'll just slice the rocket or grenade launcher.

Wetari
Its not smart to slice a rocket after its launched lol

Zen2nd
hmm it would be smart to read what I wrote correctly.

Where did I say he slices the rockets?

Wetari
Nevermind I didn't read carefully, sorry.

Zen2nd
Its okay. They are only fictional characters so I don't really care who wins.

John Bak'or

And that Vader can predict his every move is NOT true, a jedi/dark sith
can only see into the future by concentration and Darth doesnt have time to stand still and concentrate in the middle of a fight does he now?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA LOL laughing out loud laughing laughing laughing laughing out loud
EVERY JEDI HAS BEEN TRAINED TO PREDICT THEIR ENEMIES ATTACKS IDOT how do u think yoda and aniken could snap dooku if it werent for the almighty force in mid fight hhmmm????? how do u think these battles could be climatically fast if there was no force (or special effects for that matter) big grin
ps. sorry this reply is a tad late

John Bak'or
Originally posted by dvampire
How do we know that Dante's sword can broken though? It's never been done, plus it's magical, saying that the lightsaber could cut through Dante's sword is only speculation. And Dante wins IMO.
laughing laughing laughing OK enough laughing. even if Dante had an unbreakable sword it wouldn't mean anything Dante will still get snapped by Vader.(scenario) Dante pulls out his gun first and starts firing. Vader may be slow in eps. 4, 5 & 6 but he'll be quick enough to block all fire and force push rockets/grenades away. Then he can force speed up to Dante and chop him to pieces before can draw his 'magical' sword. (end scenario) Vader WINS. END OF STORY. GOODBYE, seeyalater big grin
ps. again forgive the lateness of my reply

swedish_bum
Darth Vader is a brilliant strategist and one of the greatest pilots in the galaxy. Vader still possesses his former persona's amazing engineering skills, having overseen the design of the TIE/Advanced fighter and the construction of the second Death Star. His talent with the lightsaber is legendary. All of these skills, however, are secondary to his incredible mastery of the Force. He was born with the highest known midichlorian count (a measure of Force-aptitude) in the history of the galaxy, surpassing that of both Yoda and the Emperor. However, Lucas states that his injuries on Mustafar cost Vader much of his Force potential. Lucas claims that, as a masked and suited Darth Vader, Anakin has roughly 80% of the power of the Emperor. Had he sustained none of his injuries on Mustafar, he would have been about twice as powerful. Vader's lack of organic hands is the direct reason he cannot create Force lightning, as Dooku and Palpatine could.

In The Empire Strikes Back, Vader was able to block Han Solo's blaster bolts with his hand. One explanation is that Vader used the Force, while an Expanded Universe novel states that Vader's right glove was indestructible.

Vader also has great physical strength, which he demonstrates in his first and last appearances in the original trilogy: lifting a Rebel captain by the throat with one hand in A New Hope, and picking up the Emperor and hurling him to his death in Return of the Jedi. The Expanded Universe has shown him punching through the skull of savage predators and bludgeoning opposing Jedi onto their knees with one blow.

In battle, Darth Vader lacked the mobility and ease he once had, but his bionic suit gave him sheer strength. His blows were forceful even when using only one arm to fight. He was calm when fighting, rarely using acrobatics. He struck to kill and used psychology and his appearance to intimidate his foes. When striking with both hands on the grip of his lightsaber, he was able to pound his enemies with an onslaught of strong but somewhat slow strikes. This fighting style contrasted with Anakin's style before his disfigurement, which utilized more speed and acrobatics. This a fairly accepted explanation for the less-elaborate saber fighting in the original trilogy as compared to the prequel trilogy. Luke's less-developed saber skills were ostensibly a result of his minimal training. While most padawans were trained from early ages for at least a good 15 years, Luke started very late. However, the most widely accepted explanation for the slower combat of the original trilogy is the lack of "film magic" in the 70's, considering Obi-Wan also fought slowly in A New Hope at age 57 despite Count Dooku fighting with intense speed in the prequels at age 80+. A possible explanation could be that he was doing so on purpose. Obi-Wan may have recognized that it was the fate of Vader/Anakin to kill Palpatine, as per the prophecy. Obi-Wan expressed that his purpose was to distract Vader and the Imperial forces to allow Luke and the others to escape the Death Star. Another explanation for Obi-Wan's decreased lightsaber skills could simply be that he was out of practice and in poor physical condition, having lived in the harsh desert setting of Tatooine for twenty years, and not being able to use the Force for fear of attracting Palpatine's attention.

John Bak'or
Totally agree, i do. Too good, Vader is. Snap Dante like twig, he will

IcePunk
Originally posted by John Bak'or
laughing laughing laughing OK enough laughing. even if Dante had an unbreakable sword it wouldn't mean anything Dante will still get snapped by Vader.(scenario) Dante pulls out his gun first and starts firing. Vader may be slow in eps. 4, 5 & 6 but he'll be quick enough to block all fire and force push rockets/grenades away. Then he can force speed up to Dante and chop him to pieces before can draw his 'magical' sword. (end scenario) Vader WINS. END OF STORY. GOODBYE,
Pffffffffffffpppffff....When did Vader have Force speed up? Those powers only exists in two games made by a company who's name isnt Luca's arts, Luca's arts only published the crap (in my oppinion).
Dante can freeze time, become Alastor and immitate the Dark emperor on his ass with lightning blasts.
Or Dante can do Doppelganger (create another Dante) and do Tag power on his ass (laughing out loud as in Advance wars DS).
And Bum, cutouts from wikipedia doesnt impress anyone other than yourself, instead you can read the texts and then put the important stuff into an arguement, sheesh.
Vader cant recover from nothing, Dante on the other hand has recovered from having a sword cutting through his heart and spine, a Yamato sword through his belly and out through his spine and back, falls from buildings and the sky it self, three demonic arrows all through his chest and last (maybe) but not least he did not die from being eaten by the Leviathan in DMC3.
The Force, my ass laughing the only force here is Dante.

Shadow x 20
Force Speed was in episode I the Phantom Meance
Vader can force choke Dante and that would do it. Vader killed a guy in a few seconds with choke and Vader destroyed a medical room just by getting pissed.

IcePunk
Force Speed was in episode I the Phantom Meance
Vader can force choke Dante and that would do it. Vader killed a guy in a few seconds with choke and Vader destroyed a medical room just by getting pissed.
Man, since when was Dante a normal human?
He had three demonic arrows cutting through his lounges, his heart and he was still standing there, getting more furious for every second and then he became Sparda.
And if that's not good enough for you, then how about this?
If he chokes him can just take demon form who got no need for oxygen at all and throw bolts at him.
I've seen Phantom menace at least twenty times and I've never see no Force speed, not ever.

IcePunk
yeah but it ain't rocket science either. Ha ha get it rocket! Oh wait I'm stooping to your level *cough*
Dont put this crap on me, you're the one who said that Dante's weapons were old, instead you could have used a more accurate word like low-tech.
I may not be the smartest guy on earth, but I got your point, I more or less told you that you shouldnt say that todays weapons are older than the ones from the Star wars-verse, it just sound silly to me.

Zen2nd
Obviously Star Wars is set in the future. Thus is weapons would be old. Unless Dante's from the future?

Shadow x 20
A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...

Zen2nd
Ah I see I get it now.

IcePunk's orginal post really threw me off.

Okay I'll go with "low-tech" weapons then

DanteMayCry
assuming alastor rebellion sparda or forced edge is indestructable because of magic.
force choke would only cut off air supply and since dante is a demon he doesnt need to really rely on oxygen.

guns or explosive arms of dante are rendered useless because force can deflectem or use litesaber and incinerate incommin bullets.

if vader manage to ''decapitate'' dante (which is impossible because any sword or laser type blade will only pass through the his body like nothing because hes able to heal himself in split seconds.)

vader stops the time and hack dante into pieces? vaders saber would only pass through dantes body but dante can be harmed by it. spewing blood with every vaders slash.

vader time stop ability = dante's quicksilver (if both use it the same time it will negate each other

i believe that it would be a draw

if dante uses swordmaster royal guard gunslinger then dante loses to vader

if dante uses doppelganger (invincible to any and let it attack vader) or quicksilver then i would say draw (meaning vader got decapitated by dantes blade and at the same time dante took so many hits from vaders saber that he depleted the life supply(vita star and devil triggers)/spew blood

Monthor
A lightsaber isn't a sword or a lesser weapon now is it?

DanteMayCry
i agree that litesaber is not a lesser sword i would say its just a light that emits bajjillion degrees celsious that incinerates anything that comes through it ...but no matter what dante will not be decapitated by it but he can die from it if he takes enough hits.

i would say vader is able to inflict major damage to dante and dante can only 1 hit kill vader because of magical properties of dantes sword but since vader can predict dantes moves, dante will have 1% chance of hitting vader per swing and vader will have to swing his saber and hit dante lets say 1000x befor dante dies.

dante gets hit 10 times before he lands a successful hit to vader. and the chance of landing a succesfull blow to vader is 1%

IcePunk
DanteMaycry, two words: play DMC3

DanteMayCry
yea i did and passed the game i have dmc 3

IcePunk
Well, could you stop forgeting stuff? laughing out loud

DanteMayCry
Well, could you stop forgeting stuff? laughing out loud

im trully lost
i forget what now?

unless u tell me what are u talking about then i wont reply.

IcePunk
Did you skip the cutscene when Dante fights Vergil for the first time(dmc3) or something (after you defeat him)?
Vader hitting him 10 times and Dante only 1? Are you crazy?
The person Vader lost to was a person filled with rage (last star wars movie) the only thing he did was strike strike strike and that led to Vader losing his right hand and a few moments later he gets fried by force lightning and not the very long force lightning Luke got but a very short force lightning from the emperor before he throws him down and that nearly killed him, meaning even though Vader's got his armour n shit his very voulnarable to force lightning since his suit/armour contains medical stuff keeping him alive.
So Dante can just equip Alastor transform and fry Vader with lightning, end of story.

2D_MASTER
Vader would win in my opinion. Also Vader only seemed slow because the original movies didnt pay as much attention to the lightsaber fights as the newer ones. The newer Star Wars movies were'nt written as well as the originals, so the only way they could make up for it was by making kick-ass light saber fights. They speed up the camera on all the light saber fights to make the jedis seem faster. This technique wasnt used in epsidoes 4-6.

IcePunk
well we are talking about Vader from the original movies if you didnt know, I mean how much do you get to see him in the latest episode (in his suit)?

DanteMayCry
dante has to do is to quicksilver quickheart ifrit and let the lava flow or use agni and rudra to incinerate vader.

vader is just a human but speciall
dante is ''almost invincible''

vs swordfightin
dante = vader
speed (dante=vader)

vs speciall attacks
devil triggers+spells quicksilvers+untouchables = dark force+predict opponents moves

life span comparison
Dante (takes bajillion hits before death) > Vader (1 hit weakling)

John Bak'or
Originally posted by DanteMayCry
dante has to do is to quicksilver quickheart ifrit and let the lava flow or use agni and rudra to incinerate vader.

vader is just a human but speciall
dante is ''almost invincible''

vs swordfightin
dante = vader
speed (dante=vader)

vs speciall attacks
devil triggers+spells quicksilvers+untouchables = dark force+predict opponents moves

life span comparison
Dante (takes bajillion hits before death) > Vader (1 hit weakling)
lol i can see ur points if this is 4, 5 & 6 vader he gets snapped like a twig if its ROTS vader he snaps dante like a twig.

IcePunk
His fighting skills in ROTS arent so much faster or better since he got beaten by Obiwan AND they didnt fight as extremly as Vergil and Dante fought eachother.

John Bak'or
wat about the cloud vs. kadaj & sephiroth fight in the FF movie that was pretty f***ing hectic

InternetDemon
like omg lol seriously? dante would slap darth about like nothing - you all say his lightsaber would cut through his sword well he is a demon, and can like turn into sparda kinda with devil trigger and dante can slash through huge concrete walls n stuff so im sure his sword wouldnt get trashed lol besides, dante has guns he can just shoot him with any of them, or like on dmc 4 use pandoras box n blow him away with a laser cannon lol. Dante all the way! think people!

Ivalice
Originally posted by InternetDemon
like omg lol seriously? dante would slap darth about like nothing - you all say his lightsaber would cut through his sword well he is a demon, and can like turn into sparda kinda with devil trigger and dante can slash through huge concrete walls n stuff so im sure his sword wouldnt get trashed lol besides, dante has guns he can just shoot him with any of them, or like on dmc 4 use pandoras box n blow him away with a laser cannon lol. Dante all the way! think people! I guess you never seen vader destroying entire buildings with the force, crushing ATAT sized tanks or using TK on his opponents and slamming them like ragdolls OR using telekenesis to choke his opponents millions of lightyears away.

Dante gets ****ed when against vader when vader resorts to the force, seriously.

Vader alone has demonstrated far greater combat prowess than dante.

And so what if dante has guns? Its not like vader can't block them with the force in mid air as he did against a legion of storm troopers whom he used for practice.

Or maybe theres the fact that vader can use the force and pull away dantes consciousness thus knocking him out.

Better yet, vader can simply disarm dante of all his weapons.

In a sword fight though i would say its plausible for dante to win.

MadMel
reporting this thread erm

Ivalice
Too bad i didn't bump it :/

IdiotGod
Eh? When did this happen?

Ivalice
Originally posted by IdiotGod
Eh? When did this happen? Its in the bounty hunter wars novel when he tried to kill prince xizor but failed because he was interrupted by emperor palpatine.

General Kaliero
Rule-breaking thread is rule-breaking.

Vader is a Star Wars character. Closed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.