Elevator mishaps

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kalsemo
Elevator Sequence:
Obi says, "Oh! It's you." after Anakin jumps back in the elevator through the hole he carved in the ceiling.

Why I'm scratching my head:
Ummm, who else would it be??

Elevator Sequence:
Anakin is hanging on for dear life just outside an open elevator door and one of the droids tell him "Hands up Jedi"

Can't they see he's already using his hands to barely hang on!!

Elevator Sequence:
Anakin, Palps and Obi are falling down the shaft and they activate their cable lines to swing inside an open door.

Palps doesn't have a cable deployed, yet he manages to fall inside anyway. He should have kept on falling if he wasn't hooked to a cable, especially since he was BELOW Anakin and Obi.

Elevator Sequence:
Anakin says "Ooops".

He should have said something like "Oh Sh@#", or "Oh, no!!" or anything else but a wimpy "Ooops".

PVS
wasnt there already a thread on this?

look, anakin cut a hole through the ceiling,
jumped out, then the elevator dropped.
safe to assume obiwan realised at that point they
had been separated? also safe to assume that a
federation droid/GG could exploit the opening and
jump in to attack obiwan?

palps was hanging on to anakin's legs, and anakin
swung him through the door. watch it in slo-mo

as far as the "hands up" part...yeah what was GL thinking?
unless he was just trying to show the stupidity of those droids...i dunno

kalsemo
Originally posted by PVS

I think there was a thread about the fact that, when Anakin, Palps and Obi landed on solid ground just inside the elevator door, they landed so smoothly and got up and just walked away without a scratch...

That was not my point...

My point was that Palps should have kept on falling because he wasn't hooked to a cable and he was BELOW Anakin and Obi as they were hurling down the elevator shaft.

But now that you mention the "holding on to Anakins legs" part, that would make sense.

PVS
the thread was about obiwan's surprise when anakin jumped back into the elevator. some people couldnt grasp the idea that even jedi get startled.

Stun
i found the 'handsup' part funny, and yes it was blatent that the droids were stupid - didnt George get this point across to some people?

Tangible God
The droids sucked in that movie, they became too funny, too humouress to be machines.

Espio X 20
The droids always suck. Well Seperatist droids suck anyways... Most of them... Alright, only the battle droid series sucked. Hailfires were OK.

kalsemo
Originally posted by Stun
i found the 'handsup' part funny, and yes it was blatent that the droids were stupid - didnt George get this point across to some people?

Yeah, like the "What that?" "That nothin'" bit.... I guess the droids didn't learn much from their grammar teacher.....

Mišt
Originally posted by kalsemo
Elevator Sequence:
Obi says, "Oh! It's you." after Anakin jumps back in the elevator through the hole he carved in the ceiling.

Ummm, who else would it be??

That was more light humour between two buddies, than a script error.

Originally posted by kalsemo

Elevator Sequence:
Anakin is hanging on for dear life just outside an open elevator door and one of the droids tell him "Hands up Jedi"

Can't they see he's already using his hands to barely hang on!!

I thought that was intended for a laugh, I didnt take it seriously. Kind of like when R2 stuffs the comm inside himself to stop the droids from hearing.

The rest Ill have to rewatch, I cant remember properly.

darkjedi132
didnt lucas change the droids to have more emotion?
i dont like it..but i mean the droids are like running around and screaming and stuff..i liked it when they didnt have emotion

BAILY
It was GL's attempt to interject a bit of humour.. in this very serious and dark movie.. tho I dont know if it is really effective on the droids.. i enjoyed them alot....

tpaquin
Originally posted by darkjedi132
didnt lucas change the droids to have more emotion?
i dont like it..but i mean the droids are like running around and screaming and stuff..i liked it when they didnt have emotion

I saw that as an attempt to show what a joke the cone wars have become, and how the Republic is just plowing through the sepratists, and they've become pretty big pussies.

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by Tangible God
The droids sucked in that movie, they became too funny, too humouress to be machines.

Exactly. That was the one thing that pissed me off more than anything else in the movie. In the other 2 episodes, I thought the droids were fine. At least, I didn't hate them like I did with the ones in ROTS. They weren't nearly as stupid; not to mention the droids' voices in ROTS were different.

MC_GG
Originally posted by PVS

look, anakin cut a hole through the ceiling,
jumped out, then the elevator dropped.
safe to assume obiwan realised at that point they
had been separated? also safe to assume that a
federation droid/GG could exploit the opening and
jump in to attack obiwan?

Some of the lines in the PT are retarted

kalsemo
Originally posted by PVS

Aha! stick out tongue

I went back and researched this, but that's not what happened.

Here, at first you can see he is holding on to something, although I don't know if they are legs.... they look too skinny to be legs..

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b62/kalsemo/elevator1.jpg

But a few seconds later, you see all three falling and Palps CLEARLY is not holding on to anything.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b62/kalsemo/elevator2.jpg

So I stand by my initial point, which was that Palps should have kept on falling because he wasn't hooked to a cable and he was BELOW Anakin and Obi as they were hurling down the elevator shaft. stick out tongue

overlord
Force levitation!!!! eek!

Ast
He grabs obi's leg just before they all swing in. cool

kalsemo
Originally posted by overlord
Force levitation!!!! eek!

laughing laughing laughing

DrDoom101
Originally posted by PVS

i thought George Lucas tried to be funny

seroth sujizero
Originally posted by DrDoom101
i thought George Lucas tried to be funny

Yeh, no shit. It's called a joke people, a joke. Star Wars movies are full of 'em. Despite the dark theme of the last movie the overacting and the jokes throughout the movie make it clear that it shouldn't be taken too seriously. You'd think people would be able to understand a simple joke like the 'hands up' one...instead, they think it's a script error...or whatever, sheesh...

As to why the droid said it; who cares? it could be so many things... either a fault in it's programming (programmed to say 'hands up' when arresting someone), or just trying to get rid of the jedi, hoping he'd listen and put his hands up and let go of the edge (despite the fact that, ofcourse, his hands were already kind of 'up' 'cause he was holding on to the ledge...), or just making a simple joke because the jedi already had his hands up...or stating 'hands up' to make sure he'd remain that way and doesn't pull a force jump on their asses, etc.

Either way, it's just a joke, don't make such a fuss over it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.