Why wasn't Asaaj Ventress given a Darth name?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Zannah
Is it because of the rule of two? (Because Darth Tyranus already had a master).

overlord
Of course it was due to the rule of two.
If Grievous and Assaj both would have been given the title of Darth then it would have screwed Star Wars up.

Lana
She wasn't a Sith, simply a Dark Jedi. There's a difference.

DarthMaul9123
yeah and i still am questioning why she had a red blade i mean you don't get that even with a darth name, anakin was darth vader and still had a blue lightsaber after he was in the suit, well he really didnt have a blade at all

jollyjim311
It was a gift from Tyranus.

Tangible God
Not a token of acceptance from the Sith, even Vader didn't get that, but simply a gift from Dooku.

exanda kane
Well Grievous didnt actually have the force so that'd be a weird Sith Lord. There were a number of Dark jedi under Dooku/Sidious during the CW. Sora Bulq was possibly the most powerful of these but even he would never get recognition as Sith.

Captain REX
Grievous could never be a Sith. He wasn't even a Dark Jedi. He was just a Kaleesh who was trained to use lightsabers in combat.

Dark Envy
Originally posted by DarthMaul9123
yeah and i still am questioning why she had a red blade i mean you don't get that even with a darth name, anakin was darth vader and still had a blue lightsaber after he was in the suit, well he really didnt have a blade at all

Just because your not a Sith Lord, doesn't mean you can't have a red Blade Lightsaber. All you have to do is find a red crystal.

Captain REX
Pretty much.

Boris
Cause she was kkkkkkkraaaaaazzzzzzzzzzzzyyyyyyyyy!

Mišt
Originally posted by Lana
She wasn't a Sith

Exactly, geez, every Star Wars nerd...I mean fan..knows this..sheesh...

Espio X 20
Why would they give their pawn a Sith name? Asajj wasn't Sith, she was a seperatist; a Sith WANNABE. If they did do that, they'd be wasting a perfectly good Sith name on an ersatz Sith...

jollyjim311
Originally posted by Dark Envy
Just because your not a Sith Lord, doesn't mean you can't have a red Blade Lightsaber. All you have to do is find a red crystal.

Yeah, all you have to do is make a crystal.

calvin44
Originally posted by DarthMaul9123
when darth vader was outside hiss suite, he only had a blue saber cause he had no time to do otherwise. if he had waited a month to destroy the jedi temple, im sure he would have a red saber.

ArthasKnight
Simply to consolidate answers...

Red crystals are synthetic, as in not natural, so you couldn't find one. As I understand it, red crystals are gifted from Sith masters to their apprentices. Asajj wasn't given the title "Darth" because of the rule of two and Grievous wasn't a Force user at all so he couldn't be trained as a Sith. All he did was wield lightsabers.

Anakin wasn't given a red crystal because there simply wasn't time for Sidious to gift him with one. As soon as he joined Sidious, he was sent off to the Jedi Temple and then to Mustafar. Where in that short time period could Sidious have made a crystal and given it to Anakin? He was a busy little Sith Lord.

And yes, Dooku gifted Asajj with dual red blades in honor of her becoming Dooku's apprentice. Seen Clone Wars? It's in there, I suggest watching it.

Lightsnake
Ventress was never Dooku's apprentice. Hell, she attatched herself to his leg hoping she would be.
Those lightsabers used to be Komari Vosa's

calvin44
Originally posted by Lightsnake
Ventress was never Dooku's apprentice. Hell, she attatched herself to his leg hoping she would be.
Arthas KNight was right, they were gifts from dooku.

Lightsnake
just because he gave her Komari's sabers doesn't mean he made her his apprentice

calvin44
just because he gave her Komari's sabers doesn't mean he made her his apprentice
im pretty sure he wanted her to be an assasin for him. i read somewhere that she at a time, was commanding the sepertist army.

Lightsnake
She was, that doesn't make her his apprentice....hell, with Sora Bulq at his beck and call, why would he choose HER?

calvin44
jango fett destroyed vosa's lightsabers.

Captain REX
Thing is, those lightsabers look nothing like Vosa's.

Though, don't think Jango destroyed them. He left after killing her.

Lightsnake
They're Vosa's alright...same curved style, twin red blades...we saw Vosa drop the sabers in the cutscene...

Shadow x 20
Ventress is a Dark Jedi not a Sith...their is a difference. Dooku was looking for someone to replace Jango and he choose Ventress. Ventress had a blue and green lightsaber but I believe that Dooku destroyed them and so gave her duel red lightsabers.

calvin44
They're Vosa's alright...same curved style, twin red blades...we saw Vosa drop the sabers in the cutscene...
Komari vosa's lightsabers where destroyed by jango fett after he killed her; they werent twin sabers anyway, just 2 red sabers. COunt dooku crafted ventress' TWIN sabers.

calvin44
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/82/Asajjcw.jpg
those are ventresses lightsabers.
click the attachment for vosa's sabers.

Captain REX
As I said, they were curved and red, but not the same blades.

calvin44
im talking to Lightsnake.

Captain REX
...I know, I was supporting it, because I said it first anyways.

calvin44
Originally posted by Captain REX
...I know, I was supporting it, because I said it first anyways.
actually, i said they werent, first.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.