sabretooth vs midnighter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dominic/wolf
middle of times square who wins

DigiMark007
A closer fight than the MN/DD fight, but MN'er still takes it more often than not. Sabertooth would make it a good fight, and it would last a while, but there isn't much ST can do that MN'er can't do better (including a healing factor, though by all accounts MN'ers isn't quite as good).

To find a match for MN'er, you'd need to go slightly above street. Sabertooth is closer, but Spider-Man, DS, some of the more-powerful Spidey villians, and similarly powered foes would be more in his league.

Space M ummy
Sabertooth is WAY over street level. He has superstrength now (though I admit I don't remember to what degree) in addition to the healing factor, adamantium bones, boosted reflexes, etc.

Sabertooth skinned the Wendigo alive and wore his fur as a coat. midnighter gets killed 9/10.

Arabian Knight
I don't think Midnighter has very much super strength. It's being discussed on a Authority board, and a few people said around 1 ton, but with enough skill to find weak points. An editor came in and said he wouldn't be suprised if it was lower than that.

I dunno 'bout ol' MN.

supernatural
if wolvie can do it he midnighter can. he formulates a plan and beats him 8/10.

Arabian Knight
Didn't Batman K.O MN in a crossover? Went the way of:

MN'r: "I've fought this fight 1 million times over in my head, you've already lost..."
Batman: -one punch KO's MN- "I guess that was fight scenario 1,000,001, huh?"

srankmissingnin
I've always felt that MN rap sheet read off like a second rate Sabretooth. Vic has done every thing Midnighter has down, but more ruthlessly. He is stronger and his healing factor is exponenially greater... MN stands little chance of victory.

DigiMark007
There wasn't a Batman/MN'er fight that I'm aware of.

MN'er has more than a few feats of strength, so whoever those people earlier were, they could be wrong. There isn't an official strength on him, but at one point Khellendros had posted a bunch of scans and came up with around 3-5 tons.

He's taken out a Colossus stand-in with metal skin (caved his head in), would instantly see with his implants what Sabertooth brings to the table, and is as fast as any enhanced human...I wouldn't put him at Spider-Man level but he's at least as fast as ST.

In Volume 2 of the Authority (somewhere around issue 9) MN'er owns a guy who could be ST's doppleganger. The guy had taken streams of bullets and healed almost instantly (much better healing than ST) and could mow down regular people like they were rag dolls. Not only does MN'er win, but he isn't even harmed by the guy. It shows him drawn multiple times in a single panel (the kind normally reserved for guys like Spier-Man) as he eviscerates the guy (who looks more like a cross between Man-Wolf and Sabertooth than anything else). And no way does ST have MN in the skill department.

There's plenty of other feats I could mention, but those are just some. I did say it would be a good fight, and I still believe that. But MN'er takes at least 7/10 in my mind...probably more.

-DM

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by DigiMark007
There wasn't a Batman/MN'er fight that I'm aware of.

MN'er has more than a few feats of strength, so whoever those people earlier were, they could be wrong. There isn't an official strength on him, but at one point Khellendros had posted a bunch of scans and came up with around 3-5 tons.

He's taken out a Colossus stand-in with metal skin (caved his head in), would instantly see with his implants what Sabertooth brings to the table, and is as fast as any enhanced human...I wouldn't put him at Spider-Man level but he's at least as fast as ST.

In Volume 2 of the Authority (somewhere around issue 9) MN'er owns a guy who could be ST's doppleganger. The guy had taken streams of bullets and healed almost instantly (much better healing than ST) and could mow down regular people like they were rag dolls. Not only does MN'er win, but he isn't even harmed by the guy. It shows him drawn multiple times in a single panel (the kind normally reserved for guys like Spier-Man) as he eviscerates the guy (who looks more like a cross between Man-Wolf and Sabertooth than anything else). And no way does ST have MN in the skill department.

There's plenty of other feats I could mention, but those are just some. I did say it would be a good fight, and I still believe that. But MN'er takes at least 7/10 in my mind...probably more.

-DM

Wait a second, what gave you the impression that that werebeast MN fought had anything near ST level of healing? His healing factor is a joke compared to Sabretooths, the guy still had visible entry wounds from the bullets two panels after he was shot... that is so tame compared to Sabretooth it is ridicules.

MN only claim to fame is beat on a bunch of third string ripoffs of established Marvel/DC characters. He has nothing on Sabretooth. Sabretooth is much stronger, he is faster (heck he was faster then MN before Weapon X upgrades) and can heal from anything MN does to him in seconds.

Arabian Knight
I have read a ton of Authority comics lately, and I'd put MN'er around 2-3 tons. Speed around DS level. Skill around Shiva level and healing around Beast or Angel. His durability is just slightly above cap's.

MN has the speed/skill/intelligence advantage, but I don't know if it's enough without some hella weapons.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Arabian Knight
I have read a ton of Authority comics lately, and I'd put MN'er around 2-3 tons. Speed around DS level. Skill around Shiva level and healing around Beast or Angel. His durability is just slightly above cap's.

MN has the speed/skill/intelligence advantage, but I don't know if it's enough without some hella weapons.

I disagree with the speed and skill part but the rest souds about right. MN really doesn't have any speed feats, he has caught an arrow twice... thats about it. Other then that he beats up people who are supposed to have some degree of superhuman speed but he nevery really moves that fast, he just has a massive jobber arua and he can inticapate what his opponent will do. I mean Regis owned MN hard and he never displayed even peak human speed IIRC. Skill? Who knows I suppose it's possible he is better then Creed (not Shiva level by a long shot) but his ability to see the fight a million different ways before it actually starts makes it hard to be sure just how much is real skill.

Arabian Knight
I considered the use of the implant skill, but you may be right. He is at least Creed's equal, more likely superior.

He has a few really good speed feats, actually. One was when he was able to move at least 10 feet, break a guys neck without being seen by the guy with the knife. He's real, real fast.

DigiMark007
Yeah, MN'er jobbed down to Regis so that they could have Hawksmoor kill him, but his good feats far outweigh bad showings.

And why is Arabian Knight using LP's old sig?

srankmissingnin
Yeah, MN'er jobbed down to Regis so that they could have Hawksmoor kill him, but his good feats far outweigh bad showings.

Because its cool?

Arabian Knight

Because LP smokes too much weed and forgot his password. sad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.