Star Wars live-action TV series (Official Facts)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
- Pre-production is expected to begin in January 2006.

- The television series is expected to be released in either 2007 or 2008.

- The series will focus on minor characters in the Star Wars films, ones who viewers have seen on screen before in the films themselves.

- The entire series will be set in the 19-year time period between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope.

- The series will last 100 episodes

- Each episode will be 1 hour long.

- Daniel Logan, who played the Young Boba Fett, has been asked to reprise his role as Fett for the new series by Lucas.

- Lucas will get the show started with his work on the first season, and then "hand it off from there."

- The style of the series will be in a similar style to Lucas' Young Indiana Jones TV series.

- Lucas will be organizing all casting and getting together the complete crew to fill the various positions required for the show.

- Cameos by main characters are not totally out of the question.

- The show is still in its early planning stages, so many plot and/or story elements may change, as Lucas has shown to change his mind easily, such as expressing an interest in expanding the character Aayla Secura, then killing her in Episode III.

- Lucas has stated that, in producing the show, "we will do what would typically cost $20 million, for $1 million."

- Lucas has stated that if this series, along with the 3-D animated Clone Wars series is successful, more series may follow. According to an interview at his AFI lifetime achievement ceremony, future series may include the possibility of a Knights of the Old Republic-era series.
Work will commence this January. Lucas and his colleague Rick McCallum will produce the still untitled show.

- Jimmy Smits (Bail Organa), Ewan McGregor (Obi-Wan Kenobi).

- Temuera Morrison (Jango Fett/clonetroopers) have expressed their interest in occasional appearances.

- The series will be shot using Hi-Definition cameras, according to Rick
McCallum at a recent press conference for the "Revenge of the Sith" DVD.

- McCallum also confirms at the conference that many characters from the Expanded Universe will be seen in the series, who had previously only been seen in the novels, comics, video games, and other media.

- McCallum describes the series as: "It is going to be much darker, grittier. It's much more character-based."

- McCallum says on the writing and plot of the series: "We are just starting to interview writers and trying to really figure out which direction to go to. He envisions somewhere like 100 hours between
Episode III and Episode IV with a lot of characters that we haven't met that have been developed in some of the novels and other things. We are really excited about that. Finally, we could have the opportunity to answer everybody's questions once and for all by the time we finish the series."

- Ian McDiarmid stated at a recent press event for the "Revenge of the Sith" DVD that, if asked, he will return as Emperor Palpatine for the series.

- Frank Oz has also said that if asked, he will return as Yoda.

- Lucas has also stated that if the two tv serials are successful they may be followed by additional animated StarWars features. Whether this means more tv shows or an animated movie is not clear.It has also been stated by Lucas at Celebration III that one of them might take place during the Sith Wars.

overlord
I don't like the sound of minor characters.. I hope they will be jedi that get killed.

The Ones
Sounds cool. But where did you get this?

Darth Hawkeye
I heard about it about 3 months ago but not with as much Details.
Good News to hear thank you FistofTheNorth. Best I heard ina while cause arguing about KotOR 3 got boring dont you agree LOL

Lord Rikyl
i hope its not like the daily life of the organas or anything cuz that'd be pretty lame lol

Darth Hawkeye
Tell me about it. I think it would be like Boba Fett taking out some bounties and hmm well gotta think of some good but not completely stupid characters.....

Oh han and Laya getting jiggy LOL sorry had to say it read the books. Vaders Glove: Where Han and Laya get married. But anyways

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by The Ones
Sounds cool. But where did you get this?

The content listed is all stated by Lucasfilm LTD, but not directly or widely released to the public.

Adamwankenobi
Actually, he copied it from my Wikipedia article. Those facts were cobbled together by me from offical press releases and interviews. See:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_live-action_TV_series

§noopbert
Oh, so you're the one who spelled "Series" "Serials" and left us hanging with this:

?

AnakinNihilus

darth_void
Minor characters sounds good, but if it doesnt start jedis or sith then it aint realy star wars.

Eat many jedi's so you frow up strong!

Council#13
I cant wait! however the only reason why Lucas is gonna make something about aayla is probly cause he's a perv and likes amy allen

Dan Skywalker
Glad to hear the movie actors are interested especially Jimmy Smits and Ian McDiarmid, the time the series is set in could mean great stories for their characters with the rise of the empire and the rebellion

overlord
Originally posted by Council#13
I cant wait! however the only reason why Lucas is gonna make something about aayla is probly cause he's a perv and likes amy allen Uhhh.. What? sad

Nactous
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
- Pre-production is expected to begin in January 2006.

- The television series is expected to be released in either 2007 or 2008.

- The series will focus on minor characters in the Star Wars films, ones who viewers have seen on screen before in the films themselves.

- The entire series will be set in the 19-year time period between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope.

- The series will last 100 episodes

- Each episode will be 1 hour long.

- Daniel Logan, who played the Young Boba Fett, has been asked to reprise his role as Fett for the new series by Lucas.

- Lucas will get the show started with his work on the first season, and then "hand it off from there."

- The style of the series will be in a similar style to Lucas' Young Indiana Jones TV series.

- Lucas will be organizing all casting and getting together the complete crew to fill the various positions required for the show.

- Cameos by main characters are not totally out of the question.

- The show is still in its early planning stages, so many plot and/or story elements may change, as Lucas has shown to change his mind easily, such as expressing an interest in expanding the character Aayla Secura, then killing her in Episode III.

- Lucas has stated that, in producing the show, "we will do what would typically cost $20 million, for $1 million."

- Lucas has stated that if this series, along with the 3-D animated Clone Wars series is successful, more series may follow. According to an interview at his AFI lifetime achievement ceremony, future series may include the possibility of a Knights of the Old Republic-era series.
Work will commence this January. Lucas and his colleague Rick McCallum will produce the still untitled show.

- Temuera Morrison (Jango Fett/clonetroopers) have expressed their interest in occasional appearances.

- The series will be shot using Hi-Definition cameras, according to Rick
McCallum at a recent press conference for the "Revenge of the Sith" DVD.

- McCallum also confirms at the conference that many characters from the Expanded Universe will be seen in the series, who had previously only been seen in the novels, comics, video games, and other media.

- McCallum describes the series as: "It is going to be much darker, grittier. It's much more character-based."

- McCallum says on the writing and plot of the series: "We are just starting to interview writers and trying to really figure out which direction to go to. He envisions somewhere like 100 hours between
Episode III and Episode IV with a lot of characters that we haven't met that have been developed in some of the novels and other things. We are really excited about that. Finally, we could have the opportunity to answer everybody's questions once and for all by the time we finish the series."

- Ian McDiarmid stated at a recent press event for the "Revenge of the Sith" DVD that, if asked, he will return as Emperor Palpatine for the series.

- Frank Oz has also said that if asked, he will return as Yoda.

- Lucas has also stated that if the two tv serials are successful they may be followed by additional animated StarWars features. Whether this means more tv shows or an animated movie is not clear.It has also been stated by Lucas at Celebration III that one of them might take place during the Sith Wars.

Oh yes, possible KotOR show. big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin

Captain REX
Originally posted by Council#13
I cant wait! however the only reason why Lucas is gonna make something about aayla is probly cause he's a perv and likes amy allen

Too bad she was completely shot to death and reduced to ash by Commander Bly and co.

Beowolf_avenge
i dont understand why they havent been working on this years ago i mean wdf are they doing, they got fans and money so they should start makeing it shifty

LORDSIDIOUS01
I look forward to this

Ushgarak
Thread for the tv show in the PR area.

Closed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.