Ion vs One Million Superman with Gl ring

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jade Chihuahua
Ion has near unlimited power, but could he beat Superman Prime after emerging from the son with the ring of a Green Lantern?

No prep time....in space.

The Ion
I win quite easily.

Mider
yeah tell us how what could Ion do i heard he was even stronger then Parallax

Juntai
Nearest I could tell, ION was more powerful than nearly everyone but maybe Spectre.

juggernaut66666
Okay I'm not that pro my friend is.. Tell me the 5 strongest Superman versions let me understand it please... And tell why each one is as strong I mean abilities and these stuff...

spetznaz
Originally posted by Jade Chihuahua
Ion has near unlimited power, but could he beat Superman Prime after emerging from the son with the ring of a Green Lantern?

No prep time....in space.

Let's see.
Kyle Rayner as Ion basically had all of the power of Oa flowing through him, and he could do virtually anything (and I mean coming as close to the definition of 'anything' as possible).

Superman Prime on the other hand, when he came out of the sun, was channeling all the power of Oa through the very last ring of the Green Lantern corp. While in that comic (the ONE comic he appears in) he doesn't do much in terms of feats with the ring (apart from, of crouse, smashing a super-sun to bits when all other heroes in the systems had failed) his potential with the ring basically ties with Ion's.
As in they both have the same tool, with unlimited powers, and while Kyle is an adept user of the power-ring he is facing Superman Prime, the most powerful Superman of all, and thus having mental powers surpassing what he had during the Pre-Crisis era.

- Thus it is a tie when it comes to power rings.
- It is a tie when it comes to access to the power of OA.
- As the entity Ion, Kyle was able to know how to use the ring to its fullest effect. Thus that would negate any super-enhanced Kryptonian (and more since when Kal-El came back, even before he went into the sun, he had gone far beyond his original power sets) abilities that Superman Prime may have. Thus the mental abilities of the Prime Superman, which would enable him to defeat any GL in the use of the power ring, would be negated when it came to facing off against Ion (or Parallax for that matter). Thus it is also a tie in terms of the ability to use the power ring.

Now, Superman Prime had a myriad other powers that made him a god (even without the power ring). Thus an argument could be made that if in terms of power rings they are equal then the Prime Superman could defeat Ion using other powers.
That would be a sound argument.
HOWEVER the ONLY COMIC HE APPEARED IN (i.e the JLA/Superman 1million arc) never went into great detail concerning the abilities of the Prime Superman.
All they said is that he:

- had the ability to GRANT powers to those who agreed to his covenant, powers that were 'far beyond any held by any metahuman EVER.' And if he can grant that imagine the powers he has for himself.
- had 'powers gleaned from the very edge of time and space'

And all this was BEFORE he went into the sun for a thousand years!

Hence DC never goes far into the sheer ability of the Prime Superman, apart from HINTING that he is arguably the most powerful hero-entity that DC comics has ever put to paper and ink.

HOWEVER all that is conjecture, and although it is POWERFUL conjecture it is still that at the end of the day.

Hence that can be negated, and the least that can be said is that a tie forms between Ion and the Prime Superman.

(Although an EXTREMELY strong argument could be made that Prime Superman could whip Ion since they both tie in coherent ability of use and fullness of access to Oa power, but that the Superman has other abilities that are godlike in their own sense. Thus I could say that Prime wins, but I will stay away from that and just call it a tie. However if this fight was to ever happen I know whose side I would rather be on, and let's say his name would NOT be Kyle).

Psycho Ninja
Nice essay Spetznatz !!!

I agree, DC stated his feats BEFORE MILLENIUM SUN DIPPING !!

But dont you think his ability to grant others powers is a bit weird ??
How can a Kryptonian inherit such an ability if not by ........................................................................................................................................... MAGIC !!!

The Ion
I disagree with that. There's no evidence Supes had full access to Oa. He had the last power ring but so did Kyle for years prior to his stint as Ion. His power ring could likely be overtaxed the same way Parallax overcharged Guy's ring when they fought.

Psycho Ninja
I thought Kyle was choosen while Parallax still existed ??

The Ion
Parallax was still around when Superman Prime used the ring as well. GL energy isn't bound by time.

Even still, if he's using the ring his power wouldn't approach Ion. Ion is one with the energy, Supes is merely tapping into it.

Mordum
yo yo checkez dis out i gots comic of me main man super prime.

The Ion
That's a crossover. It's Superman w/Power Cosmic.

Mordum
ahhhhhh you gots me yo embarrasment i gonna go hide in dissa hole now

Psycho Ninja
Yeah, htats herald Kryptionian.....

Yes, but Parralax was drawing 99999999999/100000000000 of the Oan power and Kkyle was just 1/1000000000000 !!!

So if Parralax died, Kyle becomes Ion, and Parallax did die, and Kyle did became Ion !!!

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by spetznaz
Let's see.
Kyle Rayner as Ion basically had all of the power of Oa flowing through him, and he could do virtually anything (and I mean coming as close to the definition of 'anything' as possible).

Superman Prime on the other hand, when he came out of the sun, was channeling all the power of Oa through the very last ring of the Green Lantern corp. While in that comic (the ONE comic he appears in) he doesn't do much in terms of feats with the ring (apart from, of crouse, smashing a super-sun to bits when all other heroes in the systems had failed) his potential with the ring basically ties with Ion's.
As in they both have the same tool, with unlimited powers, and while Kyle is an adept user of the power-ring he is facing Superman Prime, the most powerful Superman of all, and thus having mental powers surpassing what he had during the Pre-Crisis era.

- Thus it is a tie when it comes to power rings.
- It is a tie when it comes to access to the power of OA.
- As the entity Ion, Kyle was able to know how to use the ring to its fullest effect. Thus that would negate any super-enhanced Kryptonian (and more since when Kal-El came back, even before he went into the sun, he had gone far beyond his original power sets) abilities that Superman Prime may have. Thus the mental abilities of the Prime Superman, which would enable him to defeat any GL in the use of the power ring, would be negated when it came to facing off against Ion (or Parallax for that matter). Thus it is also a tie in terms of the ability to use the power ring.

Now, Superman Prime had a myriad other powers that made him a god (even without the power ring). Thus an argument could be made that if in terms of power rings they are equal then the Prime Superman could defeat Ion using other powers.
That would be a sound argument.
HOWEVER the ONLY COMIC HE APPEARED IN (i.e the JLA/Superman 1million arc) never went into great detail concerning the abilities of the Prime Superman.
All they said is that he:

- had the ability to GRANT powers to those who agreed to his covenant, powers that were 'far beyond any held by any metahuman EVER.' And if he can grant that imagine the powers he has for himself.
- had 'powers gleaned from the very edge of time and space'

And all this was BEFORE he went into the sun for a thousand years!

Hence DC never goes far into the sheer ability of the Prime Superman, apart from HINTING that he is arguably the most powerful hero-entity that DC comics has ever put to paper and ink.

HOWEVER all that is conjecture, and although it is POWERFUL conjecture it is still that at the end of the day.

Hence that can be negated, and the least that can be said is that a tie forms between Ion and the Prime Superman.

(Although an EXTREMELY strong argument could be made that Prime Superman could whip Ion since they both tie in coherent ability of use and fullness of access to Oa power, but that the Superman has other abilities that are godlike in their own sense. Thus I could say that Prime wins, but I will stay away from that and just call it a tie. However if this fight was to ever happen I know whose side I would rather be on, and let's say his name would NOT be Kyle).

Well said. It's pretty much infinite power, vs infinite power.
Nobody knows at full power what these 2 are capable of, but if it's in a comic, I myself would know what side I would be on.

Jade Chihuahua
Of course, Ion can duplicate himslef, so Superman Prime would be presented with several Ions at any given time....its a tough one to call... but I'd have to go with Ion.

Beyonder
If Kryptonite still works (and it may according to the Solaris and the direction of the 1Million story), Ion duplicates Kryptonite radiation and kills Prime.

manjaro
Ion by himslef is the equivalent of a million GL rings in my opinion..but Im on SMP thang for now and forever....no one can beat him

UniOmni
I never saw anything that put Prime past Skyfather in the DC 1 Million series.....Did you?? Ion is near abstract level though. I beleive that if they fought , Ion could nullifye Primes ring, thus taking away Primes reality manipulation, time control, resurrection etc, but DC wouldn't let that happen to the flagship. Ion could possibly devolve him to an amoeba, since the ring can do ANYTHING. But DC wouldn't let that happen. So it would probably be shown as a stalemate or they wouldn't fight at all. Sucks to be him, huh? Not defeated by a powerset or superior intellect, but by the dreaded character shield!!!

Pepito
If Superman already had powers gleaned from the dge of time and space then how did he significantly improve on those powers by absorbing a small amount of energy (Sun still shone) from a star which on a universal scale is like a grain of sand

Jarlaxle
First, I'd like to set a few things straight.

Superman Prime does have a green lantern corps ring, but he does not have the ability to chanell all of Oa's power through it, he would have normal green Lantern abilities in addition to his own power.

Secondly, Ion is more powerful than parallax, and parallax is stronger than even spectre (as stated by DC).

Now, let's look at Ion's Power:
-Ability to bend time, space, and reality.
-Ability to be in many places, and times, at once.
-Ion is one with everything, he is essentially part of the fabric of the universe.
-As a normal green lantern's power is limited by his imagination, Ion's power can extend beyond anything imaginable.
-Because Ion can be in different places and times at once, he is essentially immortal.

Okay, Im not going to touch on Superman Prime's power in depth, but if you read Ion's power description, he would be basically unbeatable....He has Trans-Godlike Powers....As the green lantern powers are limited by imagination, his imagination as Ion is limitless, meaning his powers are infinite and without end, and stretch far beyond human imagination, (or alien for that matter).

Jarlaxle
I just want to add, nowhere will you find Superman Primes powers being described as that of a god...He has his old powers and a few more, but amplified, and a simple green lantern ring. Ion is described as a god, or even more powerful...Or a Trans-God or Para God

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.