Parallax vs. Thanos w/IG

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DrDoom101
Who wins?

Juntai
I assume you mean Hal/Parallax from Zero Hour?
I'm not sure the IG is powerful enough for him if that's the one you're talking about.
He had destroyed and was recreating reality with one hand while taking on a host of the universes' greatest with his other hand, then eventually threw down with the Spectre.

Beyonder
Thanos no doubt. He toyed with a host of beings that included Galactus, Death, Eternity, Chronos, The One Above All Celestials, Lord Chaos & Master Order, and a few others.

And in experienced Nebula w/ IG had some trouble at first, but even she quickly turned them all into stone.

Warlock was able to look into the future and fast forward time, even knew what the outcome of his trial was.

Thanos can simply drain Parallax of power. Go back in time via the Time Gem and kill Hal before he become Parallax. Or turn Parallax into the Blob. Difference between Parallax and the IG is Parallax needing willpower while the IG requires mere wishes.

Thanos 10/10.

id369
Thanos > Hal.

Cosmic Thanos > Cosmic Hal.

Juntai
Originally posted by Beyonder
Thanos no doubt. He toyed with a host of beings that included Galactus, Death, Eternity, Chronos, The One Above All Celestials, Lord Chaos & Master Order, and a few others.

And in experienced Nebula w/ IG had some trouble at first, but even she quickly turned them all into stone.

Warlock was able to look into the future and fast forward time, even knew what the outcome of his trial was.

Thanos can simply drain Parallax of power. Go back in time via the Time Gem and kill Hal before he become Parallax. Or turn Parallax into the Blob. Difference between Parallax and the IG is Parallax needing willpower while the IG requires mere wishes.

Thanos 10/10. Time paradoxing would not work to defeat Parallax.

Adam Warlock
Originally posted by Juntai
Time paradoxing would not work to defeat Parallax.

Nothing seems to work against any of your DC idols. laughing

Mider
And why wouldnt the time paradoxing work against Parallax

The Ion
Probably because Parallax can travel time as well. He could go back and prevent Thanos from attaining the IG.

DrDoom101
Thanos can control time too with the Time Gem

Half the guys trying to stop Parallax in Zero Hour were time travelers and very high order time travelers (Waverider said he could glide the winds of time with a casual thought). If time tampering could defeat Paralax there would have been no Zero Hour.

Juntai
Originally posted by Adam Warlock
Nothing seems to work against any of your DC idols. laughing Viable tactics work fine, but as stated, many of the guys in the storyline were time-travelers.

joesha28
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parallax_%28comics%29

moshtitan
whats the story on paralax...ceartain inevitable situations have kept me from my usual grasp of all knowledge as in times preceding this.

Adam Warlock
Originally posted by The Ion
Probably because Parallax can travel time as well. He could go back and prevent Thanos from attaining the IG. And vice versa.

If they went at it, both at their peak, Thanos would stomp him.

King KAM
Originally posted by Adam Warlock
And vice versa.

If they went at it, both at their peak, Thanos would stomp him. as much as i want to agree, i just cant, because then that would make me the enemy by association.

K Von Doom
Originally posted by Juntai
Viable tactics work fine, but as stated, many of the guys in the storyline were time-travelers.

but thanos destroyed chronos the god of time

Juntai
Originally posted by K Von Doom
but thanos destroyed chronos the god of time And Hal as Parallax destroyed EVERYTHING except maybe 15 people that Waverider seperated from the time-stream before it was erased entirely, to battle him.

I still don't know, it seems comparable power.

Ex11B
Thanos with IG=Batgod... laughing
Thanos with IG=Wolverine laughing out loud

Beyonder
Probably because Parallax can travel time as well. He could go back and prevent Thanos from attaining the IG.

Until Thanos prevents him from doing so. Chronos flooded Thanos with time and Thanos simply stopped it. Chronos, cosmic being of time, was still below the Time Gem's powers.

Many time travelers, none were cosmic being of time like Chronos. The Time Gem allows you total supremacy over time much like space allows you to be anywhere in space or become space itself.

Time Gem = Total supremacy over time. Being time travelers is different from being one with time itself.

And Thanos wished half the universe's population out of existence by merely wanting it.

He could've destroyed existence anytime he wanted. But that was not his goal, hence LT rejected Eternity's plea. Thanos wanted to replace Eternity, not destroy existence. Warlock, later with the IG, was proven too unstable to wield it's powers and may pose a threat to existence. Hence, LT ruled against Warlock.

Parallax isn't doing what a group of Eternity, Death, Galactus, Chronos Chaos, Order, Watcher, Epoch, and two Celestials couldn't. Against both Thanos and Warlock, this group got stomped each time. LT was the only one to affect the IG's power. Unlike Spectre, LT is constitently multiverse level - hence Eternity twice asked LT to intervene.

Unless Parallax is LT (he's not even Eternity level IMO), Thanos would wish him out of existence. After the trial, Warlock totally dimished an angry Eternity with the snap of his finger. When Parallax can do that to Eternity, he might be able to challenge an IG weilder.

Beyonder
Originally posted by Ex11B
Thanos with IG=Batgod... laughing
Thanos with IG=Wolverine laughing out loud

You've got your equations mixed up.

Thanos = Batgod
Thanos = Wolverine

He doesn't need the IG.

Mider
i think its still evenly matched.

joesha28
W/IG? No....

joesha28
Parallax himself is on a skyfather-level.... no way he'll beat someone with IG.

The Ion
Parallax is way beyond Skyfather.

joesha28
I would admit to that he should be at King Thor or most likely Rune King Thor level. Normal Thanos will be stomped but with IG.... no way.

The Ion
He's beyond Rune Thor too. Depowered Parallax is roughly that level. At Full Power, during Zero Hour, he's much much higher on the food chain.

joesha28
He kicked everyone's ass.... but RKT when beyond Death.

The Ion
Originally posted by joesha28
He kicked everyone's ass.... but RKT when beyond Death.
I don't even know what you just said here...

joesha28
You see... RKT cut the cycle of Asgard by snapping the threads of the Fates. Everything in Asgard ended.... what was left? RKT... He lived beyond the cycle of Asgard thus beyond Death. Got it, bro?

DrDoom101
EDIT

The Ion
It's a bit of a big jump to say he lived beyond one Asgardian cycle and thus is beyond death.

golem370
Silver Surfer #44-Thanos plays with a star 3000 times larger than our sun. He decides it's probably time to deal with Surfer, who his cosmic senses warned him is capable of being a problem. Thanos could simply blink his enemies: Silver Surfer, Drax, Mentor, and Starfox out of existance, but he doesn't want to ruin all his fun. So Thanos takes Drax and Silver Surfer first. Drax lunges for Thanos, but Thanos freezes Drax in midair by stopping the time around him. Thanos then sows off his powers to Silver Surfer. First Time and then Space. He alters the nature of Drax to kill Surfer displaying his mastery of the Soul. He then displays his power over mind, reality, and power. Thanos restores all and Surfer realizes what has really happened. Drax and Surfer lunge at Thanos only to have their souls taken from them

Beyonder
He's beyond Rune Thor too. Depowered Parallax is roughly that level. At Full Power, during Zero Hour, he's much much higher on the food chain.

Where in the food chain?

golem370
Infinity Gauntlet #4- As Thor, Firelord, Namor, and Iron Man charge at Thanos, Thanos stops time. Thanos looks around and Mephisto sees that Surfer and Warlock are not joining the fight. Now out of the way Thanos restarts time. Hulk and Drax grab and pound Thanos. Thanos sends Drax flying, and shrinks the Hulk. Namor and She-Hulk come next. Both are encased in some growing dirt prison. Thor nails Thanos in the chest, and Dr Doom grabs for the gauntlet. Thanos blasts Doom. Thor throws his hammer, but Thanos opens a portal and Thor's hammer disappears. Thor attacks but is thrown by the cape. Thanos bats away Firelord. Wolverine sinls his claws into Thanos' chest. Thanos turns his adamantium bones and claws into spongy rubber bones and claws. Doom returns and Thanos asks, "Doom, you return for another shot at my guantlet?". Doom replies, "Only death will stay my hand". Thanos responds, "That can be arranged". Thanos downs Scarlet Witch, boxes Cyclops head, and plummets his hand into Vision's chest. Cyclops suffocates. Cloak devours Thanos, but he explodes out. Thor's hammer returns and Eric Masterson retransforms. Thanos knocks Drax and Firelord into the prehistoric past. Terraxia brings Thanos Iron Man's head. Spidey webs Thanos face, but is tackled by Terraxia. Thor begins pounding on Thanos. Thanos turns him to glass. Thanos turns Nova into colored cubes. Afterwards he shatters Thor. Thanos causes Quasar's quantum bands to explode. Captain America stands alone. Thanos has the ground hold Cap's fet. He then shatters the shield. As Thanos goes in for the killing blow Surfer flies in an attempts to grab the gauntlet, but misses. Cap hits Thanos, but Thanos swats him away realizing the mistake he nearly made. Galactus, Stranger, the Celestials, and many other cosmic beings stand before Thanos.

Silver Surfer #57- As Surfer passes over Thanos' head missing the Infinity Gauntlet Thanos realizes how close he came to losing it all. Thanos blasts Silver Surfer. The blast completely destroys the Surfer's reality. Surfer is sent to a reality where he is forced to relive the horrors from his life.

Infinity Gauntlet #5- The galactic people ask Thanos to give up the gems which he, of course, refuses to do. The Celestials hurl worlds at Thanos. Thanos destroys them. Chronos tries to immerse him ion time, but since Thanos controls all time it is somewhat futile. Order and Chaos hope to dichotomize Thanos, but he refuses to surrender his individuality. Galactus, Stranger, and Eon are but wished aside. Love and Hate try to confuse him, but they are blasted away. Mephisto tries to grab the gauntlet, but Thanos grabs his neck. Death attacks Thanos as well. Thanos explodes with rage, and reforms with all the galactic entities held in place above his throne room. Finally Thanos defeats Eternity and gives up his physical body to become one with the cosmos. But then the disfigured Nebula manages to wrest the gauntlet from Thanos' now unoccupied body, and becomes the new god. Nebula banishes Thanos and Terraxia. Terraxia dies in deep space. Thanos falls through Strange's portal. Surfer attacks, but Strange calls in Hulk and four others to separate the two

joesha28
It's a bit of a big jump to say he lived beyond one Asgardian cycle and thus is beyond death.

true, but technically he is.

The Ion
Originally posted by joesha28
true, but technically he is.
Eh? I guess we'll see when Thor comes back. smile

joesha28
I talking RKT.... hope he'll be back to classic.

The Ion
Regardless of which Thor comes back I'm sure they'll touch on the events of Ragnarok. Right now it's a bit ambiguous.

joesha28
In a x-over Parallax did fought Thanos right? Thanos shld have been toast. Scans pls.........

The Ion
That was Parallax after getting depowered by The Spectre and I believe Thanos was amped by Kyle.

joesha28
scans...

The Ion
Of the whole fight? It's chopped up and all over the place. Maybe I'll post them later.

Mider
if parallax destroyed ALL the time stream the IG would not be anything to him and he did hold off the spectre the same one who had to recreate everything time and time again the IG has power over ONE universe when in DC i dont think there are alternate universes but that one universe is pretty powerful by itself thats why DC doesnt have an eternity it has The Source who higher even then the LT and they have The Word and other very amazingly powerful beings who can defeat an entire multiverse ex= the brothers micheal and lucifer morningstar and the presance.

WhiteWitchKing
Thanos wins.

abhilegend
Thanos.

MrMind
why?
parallax operate at multiversal level, after all hal did collapsed multiple timelines

IG was uber but thanos only affected on one universe though

Sixth_Winged
Wasnt Thanos with Ig was before the ruling that limited the ig from functioning at more than one universe?

ozz81
Thanos

kevdude
Undecided for now... Anyone have those scans of Parallax and Thanos tho?? Just to see them?

cool

MrMind
bump ZH Parallax wins

Galan007
Originally posted by HaSon
Probably because Parallax can travel time as well. He could go back and prevent Thanos from attaining the IG. It's funny to think there was a time when Val used to actually debate, lol.

Anyway, Parallax has greater scope of power, but the IG arguably has greater depth of power within any given universe. That being said, I think Parallax can win... But it'd be a good fight.

Mr Master
Damn son, why you deleted yourself? ... You were on fire in those posts.

You made a superb argument in support of the IG.

leonidas
Originally posted by Galan007
It's funny to think there was a time when Val used to actually debate, lol.

and he knew his shit back then. lol loved val. one of my first kmc buds. thumb up

Quick Freeze
I think the takeaway here is that this should have just been Drax vs Cyborg Superman

Astner

Stoic
What Sixth Wing said was correct. There was no ruling in effect when Thanos possessed the Infinity Gauntlet, the ruling came after Adam Warlock possessed the Infinity Gauntlet. Unless I'm remembering incorrectly?

Mr Master
Magus's stronghold was literally over 100 universeS away from 616.

The entire arc, Magus never spent time inside 616,
in fact,
the only time Magus ever entered 616, was for like a second,
in order to kidnap Warlock.
The vortex opened in 616, Magus grabbed Warlock, and was out.

At the crescendo of Warlock and Magus' struggle over the incomplete IG,
when merged Eternity/Infinity surprise Magus and join the battle,
there's an on panel interpretation that tells us the entire Multiverse blew up!
and then Warlock having acquired the IG in the explosive chaos,
remade everything back to normal with a hand wave.

This interpretation has support in yet another arc in another book (GOTG)
after it was all said and done, some time later,
when Dr Strange was leaving Reality-691, he noticed ripples across time due to the Infinity War,
he actually used these ripples as a guide all the way home back to 616.

The only time that anything "multiversal" possibly occurred in Infinity War,
was during the Magus and Warlock struggle that spanned countless physical planes in Starlin's depiction,
and finally ending in reality explosion, then remaking.

And the wow detail? Magus only had a "taste of Godhood" (IG minus Reality Gem)

God Thanos and God Warlock had complete IGs. smile

lol, at classic IG being universal or being constricted to 616.

Demon of Heaven
Hal stands no chance here, IG is totally on another level.

Also Magus was controlling and merging two different realities with a incomplete gauntlet mr.master. Isn't that multiversal feat even if just a lower one?

MrMind
Originally posted by Demon of Heaven

Also Magus was controlling and merging two different realities with a incomplete gauntlet mr.master. Isn't that multiversal feat even if just a lower one?

yes someone who was capable of restoring pre-crisis multiverse
someone who was collapsing the entire timelines
someone who was making alternate realities seeping in and out of existence

stands no chance to IG that was controlling 2 realities. how grand! how multiversal!

qwertyuiop1998

Also Magus was controlling and merging two different realities with a incomplete gauntlet mr.master. Isn't that multiversal feat even if just a lower one? TT could bending all timelines with ease And he been one shotted by Hal in his own realm

Hell, Even Extant could creating multiple realities

Demon of Heaven
Originally posted by MrMind
yes someone who was capable of restoring pre-crisis multiverse
someone who was collapsing the entire timelines
someone who was making alternate realities seeping in and out of existence

stands no chance to IG that was controlling 2 realities. how grand! how multiversal!

Lol. Your feats for Hal are a bit off. Hal never showed anything beyond universal reality warping powers and I bet you or no one else can show on panel feats of his multiversal power. Fact is the realities seeping in and out where a side effect to his tampering Not something he himself did with his power. Best anyone can point to is other stories after zero hour where they talk about ZH and saying he himself had multiversal power but that is not what he showed

And I was just making a point that even a incomplete gauntlet in IW showed multiversal power. There alot more example of what gems are capable of that surpass that.

MrMind
Lol. Your feats for Hal are a bit off. Hal never showed anything beyond universal reality warping powers and I bet you or no one else can show on panel feats of his multiversal power. Fact is the realities seeping in and out where a side effect to his tampering Not something he himself did with his power. Best anyone can point to is other stories after zero hour where they talk about ZH and saying he himself had multiversal power but that is not what he showed

And I was just making a point that even a incomplete gauntlet in IW showed multiversal power. There alot more example of what gems are capable of that surpass that.

whatever you say champ
I'm merely stating what's written in the scan
https://imgur.com/7QXJD3H
https://imgur.com/BLQO0g7

Demon of Heaven
Yea yea I know, like I said only stories that aren't from ZH.

Cool though I'll concede and say he's that level even though he really wasn't shown to be originally.

Still gets ass handed to him by Thanos

qwertyuiop1998

And I was just making a point that even a incomplete gauntlet in IW showed multiversal power. There alot more example of what gems are capable of that surpass that. Too many lies
First, Hal collapsing all timestream already been pointed many times

Hal controlling entropy engulf entire timestream
https://i.imgur.com/o2yNNA2.jpg
Second, Hal could almost recreate the pre-crisis Multiverse unwittingly also been pointed by the same writer

Third, Even in ZH also implied he would creating more than just one universe

Fourth, an alternate timeline/universe is independent just branched from the original timeline

For example:Titans - Total Chaos story arc
https://i.imgur.com/YRqH1JP.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/Y9ub91K.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/RLSpzED.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/Gw8VbTc.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/ugABrOq.jpg

MrMind

Still gets ass handed to him by Thanos

the beta purple yam prune chin nihilist can only hope to achieve the greatness of Hal Jordan

Mr Master

Also Magus was controlling and merging two different realities

with a incomplete gauntlet mr.master.

Isn't that multiversal feat even if just a lower one?
It's not multiversal. It's multi-universal.

But that's small potatoes compared to other incomplete IG feats during Infinity War.
Like remaking the entire multiverse after it exploded battling merged Eternity/Infinity.

Let's not forget Magus was only packing a "taste of Godhood."
While Thanos and Warlock became the legit in-universe GOD of all reality.

Stoic
I can see why people make an argument of why someone, or some thing that operates throughout several universes should be considered greater than someone, or some thing that has all power in only one reality,but this is where the error comes in the form of comprehension. Thanos had complete control of an entire reality, which included every period in time from the beginning til the end. That reality in actuality is comprised of many universes, and not just one. The Gauntlet doesn't operate in different realities other than it's native reality. The Gauntlet is in fact, Multi-Universal if one were to comprehend what was written during Thanos' time of possessing the Gauntlet.

In terms of being able to manipulate reality, he was able to do so with surgical precision. This in my opinion goes beyond simply collapsing universes. If I were to judge this, I'd say that Thanos at best would be able to undo every and any event, or circumstance that Parallax could create. At worst they would stalemate.

Mr Master
Originally posted by Stoic

The Gauntlet doesn't operate in different realities other than it's native reality.
Hey there brother Stoic ...

... I believe this is the pre-retcon IG, which definitely operated in other realities, in any reality in fact.

Even realities outside Eternity/Infinity ...

... like the Dimension of Manifestation where Warlock confronted the LT.

Heck, even realities outside the Multiverse, like IG power reaching the Beyond Realm.

meh, even in other Multiverses like where the Ultraverse was located.

Another fact many forget or never realized:

Magus never. ever hung out in 616! ...

The entire arc, Magus was operating his IG well over 100 universeS away from 616. thumb up
And yes, he merged 616 and that duplicate 616 from over 100 universeS away.

panthergod
Originally posted by Mr Master
Hey there brother Stoic ...

... I believe this is the pre-retcon IG, which definitely operated in other realities, in any reality in fact.

Even realities outside Eternity/Infinity ...

... like the Dimension of Manifestation where Warlock confronted the LT.

Heck, even realities outside the Multiverse, like IG power reaching the Beyond Realm.

meh, even in other Multiverses like where the Ultraverse was located.

Another fact many forget or never realized:

Magus never. ever hung out in 616! ...

The entire arc, Magus was operating his IG well over 100 universeS away from 616. thumb up
And yes, he merged 616 and that duplicate 616 from over 100 universeS away.

... Still nothing compared to Parrallax.

Mr Master
Originally posted by panthergod

Actually, I wasn't naming the IG's greatest feats,
just the fact that it was not constricted to 616.

The classic IG is the core might of the entity that created the Marvel totality to begin with.

As in infinite realitieS.

Because of this, it made the wearer the legit in-universe GOD!

And per pre-retcon, only the representative in-universe power of TOAA could challenge it.

Yet, even then, the representative power of TOAA was unsure it could win,
I believe it would've in the end, but even so, it would've taken the destruction of reality to do so,
in other words, not an easy win for the representative in-universe power of TOAA.

Oh, btw, the LT was a multi-Multiversal entity during his confrontation with Warlock,
actually, in fact, LT existed in "all multiverseS" simultaneously,
aside from coming at Warlock definitively backed by TOAA.

Omniversal muthaphukah up in the house, and still, a great effort to possibly defeat Warlock.

panthergod
..That's nice.

The fact is that metatextually speaking, Marvel Multiverse is a subset divergent offshoot of the DC Multiverse, and always was intended to be per Moore's Captain Britain.

So even if your point is valid, the TOAA is still by definition a small god of a small world.

..And always will be.

Mr Master
That's ... I dunno wut dat iz. ...

But I do recognize the humorous intent. So, lol?

Demon of Heaven

Ahhhh, no. Parallax is very overrated and stands no chance.

panthergod
Ahhhh, no. Parallax is very overrated and stands no chance.

..Is that why Thanos is nowhere near as powerful or formidable?

Hes an ant to be stepped, what with his inferior small world power.

Demon of Heaven
..Is that why Thanos is nowhere near as powerful or formidable?

Hes an ant to be stepped, what with his inferior small world power.

I see you have no clue to the IG power, so your ignorance is forgiven

Senor Cage
I can see Parallax beating current IG wielder, but not classic.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.