parallax vs galatus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jesserw21
who wins?

DrDoom101
Draw

The Ion
Parallax

Jose123
GALACTUS EATS HIM!!!!!
Match over.

Can Galactus eat Green Lantern Energy?

Acrosurge
At full strength, Galactus is an Eternity-level being. Parallax would barely be worth a glance.

The Ion
At full strength, Parallax wiped out the universe with one hand and battled Spectre with the other. confused

Jose123
Originally posted by The Ion
At full strength, Parallax wiped out the universe with one hand and battled Spectre with the other. confused

I still say Galactus eats him.

Acrosurge
Still doesn't put him on equal footing with the big G physically or mentally. Beyonder wiped out a Universe to create Battleworld, and a starved Galactus was able to fight him. *shrugs*

The Ion
Mentally? Perhaps. Physically, Parallax's power was beyond Galactus. Recreating the universe didn't drain him one bit.

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/8218/zerohour0054ft.th.jpg

Juntai
Parallax wins.

Mider
when Doom fought Beyonder with Galactus powers it was like a joke and he wasnt starved he had to eat his ship thats the size of a galaxy or solar system then with his powers Doom fought the Beyonder and Galactus was defeated badly Doom said every time he tried to use more power the beyonder would just boost his own and own him over and over till all his power was gone. Parallax can rewrite the universe such as the IG i dont know if even the IG can defeate him if he may live outside time and space but im not sure. Probably equal to the IG

Beyonder

Parallax is weaker than Ion. Ion is weaker than PC Darkseid. And PC Darkseid is equal to Galactus (according to some, not me of course). But Parallax would beat Galactus? confused

As for battling Spectre, the guy's power is up and down like Galactus. Spectre's on the JSA team should give an example of how his power fluctuates. Unless it said he was at full might, fighting Spectre doesn't mean you can take out Galactus. As for messing with the universe, leftover Crisis energy allowed him to do that.

Galactus takes this via absorbing Parallax's energy. Or it becomes a stalemate.

Juntai
Originally posted by Beyonder
Parallax is weaker than Ion. Ion is weaker than PC Darkseid. And PC Darkseid is equal to Galactus (according to some, not me of course). But Parallax would beat Galactus? confused

As for battling Spectre, the guy's power is up and down like Galactus. Spectre's on the JSA team should give an example of how his power fluctuates. Unless it said he was at full might, fighting Spectre doesn't mean you can take out Galactus. As for messing with the universe, leftover Crisis energy allowed him to do that.

Galactus takes this via absorbing Parallax's energy. Or it becomes a stalemate. His power isn't quite that up and down, when Spectre even with the JSA, actually decided to show up, and use his power, it was the end of the story. But a lot of that period of time that he was actually WITH the JSA was during de-powered eras. And likewise many stories he was in was when the JSA ran into Gods and the like, or for example, the WW2 Era, where Hitler had The Spear of Destiny, Spectre stepped in and decimated his army and fixed the problem, once he showed up to fight alongside the JSA.

Acrosurge
Originally posted by Mider
when Doom fought Beyonder with Galactus powers it was like a joke and he wasnt starved he had to eat his ship thats the size of a galaxy or solar system then with his powers Doom fought the Beyonder and Galactus was defeated badly Doom said every time he tried to use more power the beyonder would just boost his own and own him over and over till all his power was gone. Parallax can rewrite the universe such as the IG i dont know if even the IG can defeate him if he may live outside time and space but im not sure. Probably equal to the IG Incorrect on several points.

1. Doom stole a vast portion of the Power Cosmic from Galactus, but not his experience, or his body. Doom had the power, but no experience with it.

2. Galactus and Doom did not fight the Beyonder at the same time. A hungry Galactus fought him at the beginning of the Secret Wars and was repusled after a battle that shook Battleworld. Galactus never got a chance to fight Beyonder at full strength because Doom stole the Power Cosmic first. And Doom w/ Power Cosmic does not equal Galactus at Full Power for the reason mentioned above.

Mider
same body and mental powers what diffrence do those make he seemed pretty capable of using galactus powers with or with out those atributes and he could have been as big as galactus he just choose not to when he took the beyonders powers he did grow to the size of galactus but shrunk down and didnt get a chance to fight beyonder ummm galactus was actually knocked out for a second or two i think.

Mider
parallax would eat galactus even eternity would lose to parallax IMO.

TheKahn
Both lose to Alpha Flight!!! big grin (thats for you King Mungi)

Really, I'd say its a draw. They aren't really characters so much as plot devices. They are only as strong as they need to be to pose a threat to the heroes (who always find a way to beat them).

Mider
well of course they lose to heros or else there wouldnt be a next issue, but no i dont think that galactus could beat parallax sept maybe at full power even then can galactus rewrite reality?

Marcus4600

TheKahn
Originally posted by Mider
well of course they lose to heros or else there wouldnt be a next issue, but no i dont think that galactus could beat parallax sept maybe at full power even then can galactus rewrite reality?

Who knows? He has never been shown at full power as far as I know and a hungry Galactus gets owned here. The only way that I can think to show he can (and I'm not sure its in continuity) is this:

In an alternate future the Galactus was able to eat the Deaming Celestial, and the celestials believe that Franklin Richards is like them in potential power. Franklin can alter reality and create pocket universes by himself, therefore Galactus must have reality altering powers on par with the celestials because if he didn't the Dreaming Celestial could have easily beaten him.

Or

Again the Celestials were created by one of the Abstracts in the Marvel Universe, and they should be able to alter reality similarly to Franklin. Now at full power Galactus is said to be an abstract, so he should be able to manipulate reality as the creations of abstracts can.

Now that is a major reach on my part, but as I said we are really left in the dark as to what powers a full powered Galactus has.

Marcus4600
^ Actually, Galactus is the brother of Eternity and Death. His powers are supposed to be infinite, which is why he's the one who controls the power cosmic. I remember when Terrax tried to take him in the animated series. That was funny.

StyleTime
Originally posted by Marcus4600
Folks, Galactus b-slapped Superman,
You say it like Parallax can't do that.

http://img456.imageshack.us/img456/8106/parallax2012jb.th.jpg

Marcus4600
I didn't say that. I just like saying that Galactus B-slapped Superman.

StyleTime
It does have a nice ring to it.

Black Adam
Galactus eats him......

Mider
galactus loses

GalacticStorm
Mentally? Perhaps. Physically, Parallax's power was beyond Galactus. Recreating the universe didn't drain him one bit.

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/8218/zerohour0054ft.th.jpg

Chronal energy? That didnt sound like he was recreating the universe in the conventional sense (i.e manipulating its matter in a Lucifer/Phoenix type manner) as opposed to manipulating (rewinding and replaying) time to the point where the universe as it was, was restored. Thats different and certainly not as high level as actually recreating the universe yourself. Thats whats suggested he did from that scan and his referral to chronal energies and the importance they have in the task. If im wrong i apologise but can someone show me via scans or better yet can someone tell me the exact issue title and number that scan came from so i can obtain it myself.

GalacticStorm
Going by that scan it seems Beyonder was right, that Parallax really did only manage to recreate the universe via the problems leftover from the Crisis. If thats really the case then hes really not as powerful as some people have been making out.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.