hercules vs wonder man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jacobo0o
who takes this

Lucid Lui
Wonder Man wins IMO. He's more than durable enough to slug it out with Herc. He's got decent h2h skills, nothing on Hercs but enough to cope. Wonder Man just fights on till he outlasts him, using his speed and flight advantage.

the Darkone
Wonderman and Hercules are equal imop, it's 50/50 depending who strikes first and who can counter attack faster.

wolverine8888
who would win wonderman or thor? once some one answer me this i will give my answer

Adam Warlock
Originally posted by the Darkone
Wonderman and Hercules are equal imop, it's 50/50 depending who strikes first and who can counter attack faster.

I agree with Darkone.

Adam Warlock
Originally posted by wolverine8888
who would win wonderman or thor? once some one answer me this i will give my answer

Hmmm...

Give Thor his hammer, he'll take it maybe 7 times out of 10.

No weapons whatsoever it would be a stalemate.

King KAM
Originally posted by Adam Warlock
Hmmm...

Give Thor his hammer, he'll take it maybe 7 times out of 10.

No weapons whatsoever it would be a stalemate. disagree

wolverine8888
hercules and thor are equals so they pritty much have same thing ecpt in ahnd to hand cmbat hercules is better so he have 6/10 vs wonderman

Lucid Lui
Originally posted by King KAM
disagree Likewise. Wonder Man takes a hammerless Thor 7/10...

thesilverspider
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
Likewise. Wonder Man takes a hammerless Thor 7/10...
thor still got god blast nuff said

Avengers 4Ever
Wonder Man is more powerful, it seems. But he has a bit of a confidence issue, having been dead more than once. He got his Arse handed to him by Black Widow in COCII. Hercules, however is a highly skilled warrior with hundereds of years of experience. He takes it.

olympian
"Wonderman and Hercules are equal imop"

In what, strenght? Herc likewise as Thor are above. Altho not by much.

"He got his Arse handed to him by Black Widow in COCII"

Every high top tier guy with the exception of Thor, had it for what it seems.

This is one fight i never had a result in mind for.

leonidas
hercules wins the majority.

Sir Whirlysplat
way back when - Wondermans strebgth was considered a tad short of Thors, he was showing off to Carol Danvers and could not quite lift Thors weight setting in the avengers mansion training room. When Herc offered him the "gift of battle" at this time he took Hercs punch. Who knows? Who cares? I like Herc more smile

leonidas
Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat
way back when - Wondermans strebgth was considered a tad short of Thors, he was showing off to Carol Danvers and could not quite lift Thors weight setting in the avengers mansion training room. When Herc offered him the "gift of battle" at this time he took Hercs punch. Who knows? Who cares? I like Herc more smile

laughing out loud

yeah, that was pretty funny. "i'm not . . . quite . . . thor . . ."

i assumed he's a bit stronger now than he used to be. if his strength has remained the same, herc definitely wins this one. and don't forget -- wasp -- then leader of the avengers -- called herc the strongest avenger they'd ever had. speaks volumes, methinks . . .

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by leonidas
laughing out loud

yeah, that was pretty funny. "i'm not . . . quite . . . thor . . ."

i assumed he's a bit stronger now than he used to be. if his strength has remained the same, herc definitely wins this one. and don't forget -- wasp -- then leader of the avengers -- called herc the strongest avenger they'd ever had. speaks volumes, methinks . . .

Agreed Leo.... That must have been aboout 1980 laughing out loud We were kids then sad

leonidas
yes

was that the korvac arc?

Sir Whirlysplat
yes

was that the korvac arc?

As I remember it was just after around Thor 200 but it might have been the Korvac Saga - I haven't read those issues in years, they are in my parents loft.

Valeciano
It was the Kang: Time and Time Again arc.....and in strength:

Immortal Hercules > Thor = Current Hercules > Wonder Man, but Wonder Man can get stronger as he gets more focused or angrier....and therefore could eventually even reach Immortaql Herc's level of strength.....but overall in an all out fight....i'd say Thor could beat any of those 3 in one on one because of his hammer's versatility....but without the hammer Immortal Herc would whup Thor....then again so would Wonder Man....

If it's current Herc, i'd say 5/10 for each of them...
If it's Immortal Herc, Herc takes WM 7/10

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by Valeciano
It was the Kang: Time and Time Again arc.....and in strength:

Immortal Hercules > Thor = Current Hercules > Wonder Man, but Wonder Man can get stronger as he gets more focused or angrier....and therefore could eventually even reach Immortaql Herc's level of strength.....but overall in an all out fight....i'd say Thor could beat any of those 3 in one on one because of his hammer's versatility....but without the hammer Immortal Herc would whup Thor....then again so would Wonder Man....

If it's current Herc, i'd say 5/10 for each of them...
If it's Immortal Herc, Herc takes WM 7/10

The bit with the weights was before the Kang arc. To really see what Thor without his hammer can do either the immortus story where he is removed from his hammer, the celestial one where his hammer is shattered. Wonderman is not as strong as Thor.

leonidas
Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat
The bit with the weights was before the Kang arc. To really see what Thor without his hammer can do either the immortus story where he is removed from his hammer, the celestial one where his hammer is shattered. Wonderman is not as strong as Thor.

i agree. thor w/o hammer>wm. at least at his base. though if he gets stronger . . .

why does everyone think thor is a chump w/o his hammer? ridiculous. he stills has his storm control and his godforce. with those powers thor w/o hammer beats wm everytime.

and why does EVERYONE character in marvel have to get a ******* upgrade? no wonder i like current dc so much more . . .

Sir Whirlysplat
i agree. thor w/o hammer>wm. at least at his base. though if he gets stronger . . .

why does everyone think thor is a chump w/o his hammer? ridiculous. he stills has his storm control and his godforce. with those powers thor w/o hammer beats wm everytime.

and why does EVERYONE character in marvel have to get a ******* upgrade? no wonder i like current dc so much more . . .

I liked Wonderman with the beast best. It was 70's marvels secod greatest buddy duo - Powerman/Ironfist was the best imo, it was an incredibly underrated comic at the time and paved the way for a lot of comics since, most notable perhaps was the valiant version of Archer and Armstrong (not to be confused with the other Archer and Armstrong series by Acclaim that was shit).

Thor without his hammer is usually desperate and due to this fights harder Leo imo. He's still a tough guy. DC is better at the moment - but the ultimates Universe is a shining beacon as was the Supreme Power mini.

I hate the Marvel power upgrades as well thank god for Joe Q erasing mutants!

leonidas
i've not checked out the ultimates. is it considered a wholly seperate universe from marvel, like dc and marvel are? does it have its own origin?

Sir Whirlysplat
i've not checked out the ultimates. is it considered a wholly seperate universe from marvel, like dc and marvel are? does it have its own origin?

No origin yet - Maybe ultimate Galactus will provide some answers. The Supreme power universe is seperate as well.

Mark Milton "Hyperion" is the best take on the adult Superman since Miracleman imo and JMS nods to that in several issues.

olympian
Is Jurgens curently doing the art on the Hyperion title?

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by olympian
Is Jurgens curently doing the art on the Hyperion title?

Yes I think so, the art is pretty poor in comparison to the Gary Frank art in the original Supreme Power mini sadly Olympian so I haven't checked and it's making a good story look bad...... Shows how art is still important. I see Frank as Perez influenced only maybe better. Jurgens is influenced by Steve Ditko which says it all sad

olympian
I like Jurgens but only when he has that kind of inker that makes it look clean.

Like he had in his JLA run and Death of Superman.

Gary Frank its awesome tho.

guy222
herc

Thorion
Originally posted by wolverine8888

Thor won eventually, but Wondy put up a great fight.

Phantom Ghost
I would say WM due to flight unless Simon decides to slug it out with Herc then he'd lose the majority IMO.

Bouboumaster
Hercules 10/10.

Where's the scan of him wtfpawnig Simon?

Faceman
Hercules wins, he totally owned Wonderman in their last encounter........

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by Faceman
Hercules wins, he totally owned Wonderman in their last encounter........

Boy, you said it...

Colossus-Big C
Hercules stomps
even thor loses to herc in a slug fest
also like others have pointed out , immortal hercules is stronger than thor

King Castle
i look at WM being at 90% of a 100% of hercules strength.

but, WM makes it up with flight a lil extra umphf in his punch.

hmm.. i'll still give it to Herc never bn impressed by WM/

w/WM's powerset he should take 9/10 but he sucks on panel.

Colossus-Big C
hes not 90% . hercules dominated him on panel already
he is maybe 60%

King Castle
at his best i should have said.. since yeh, their have bn times where WM's strength seems to be severely lacking.

that herc beating was funny as hell.

a lot of ppl like to claim its due to WM's unstable ionic nature.

Brutacus
why bump a topic that's over 4 years old and that has been bumped 2 years ago and it's still the same????

ankur29
Immortal herc ftw

he's thor equal... Wm has never been

amnesia
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
herp derp

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.