How did the Emperor recognize the burned Anakin?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kalsemo
It just seems odd, don't you think, that the Emperor was so quick to spot the exact location of Anakin on Mustafar, and even recognize his burned-up body for that matter... ("There he is! He's still alive."wink

Yeah yeah, I know many of you will say "he knew this through feeling a disturbance in the dark side of the force" etc etc but still, it just seemed too contrived that the Emperor found the exact spot where Vader lay and that he recognized right away it was Anakin laying there, without even knowing what had just transpired...

Captain REX
Sidious sensed him from Coruscant, what would keep him from sensing him a few feet away? Who else would it be that was burned to a crisp but still alive and radiating hatred?

Good job. stick out tongue

DeVi| D0do
Would you rather have the movie spend twenty minutes following Palpatine around Mustafar looking for Anakin? It's a movie, not everything is meant to make exact sense.

Captain REX
Nor is it in real-time, anyway.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
Would you rather have the movie spend twenty minutes following Palpatine around Mustafar looking for Anakin? It's a movie, not everything is meant to make exact sense.

Besides, it does make perfect sense.

Jedi/Sith can feel other living things in the Force. Every living thing has a Force signature or aura. Every person's aura is unique to them. Palpatine would know instantly that it was Anakin.

PVS
Originally posted by kalsemo
Yeah yeah, I know many of you will say "he knew this through feeling a disturbance in the dark side of the force" etc etc but still

translation: "yeah, i know you will give me the exact and correct answer, but thats not what i want to hear"

fine then. palps noticed the hickey on anakins neck that he gave him at the calamarian opera.

Exador
Hey guys. I know it's off topic, but is this "Supershadow" or is Grievous's last name really Shaakar (How do I ponounce Shaakar)

overlord
SS BS. Period.

Exador
BS?

kalsemo
Originally posted by PVS
fine then. palps noticed the hickey on anakins neck that he gave him at the calamarian opera.

laughing laughing laughing

((The_Anomaly))
Originally posted by Exador
BS?

SS is a lying sack of crap, nothing he says is true in any way.

darthvader_fan
It just seems odd, don't you think, that the Emperor was so quick to spot the exact location of Anakin on Mustafar, and even recognize his burned-up body for that matter... ("There he is! He's still alive."wink

Yeah yeah, I know many of you will say "he knew this through feeling a disturbance in the dark side of the force" etc etc but still, it just seemed too contrived that the Emperor found the exact spot where Vader lay and that he recognized right away it was Anakin laying there, without even knowing what had just transpired... he could sense anikan from courscant and when he was in his ship he could feel his senses gettting stronger and when he saw a lying rubble which was vader he saved him because he felt annies senses really strong so he rushed over to save him

SpyCspider
he remembered what roasted Jedi bacon smelled like...he was at Qui-Gon's funeral as i recall

Captain REX
Originally posted by darthvader_fan
he could sense anikan

No, he couldn't. You know why? Because ANIKAN doesn't exist. It's

ANAKIN!

bogen
theres a constant conection between the two so theres nothing to know.
he would have just felt him being cut and told the piolet to floor it.

DenKi
Sidious sensed Anakin getting beat when he was on Coruscant, after he dueled with Yoda he said that Lord Vadar is in trouble or along those lines, I think he looked/sensed into the future to see that he was going to get beat by Obi.

exanda kane
Can we just leave it as its necessary for the movie please?

overlord
People need to theorise about every little detail from a fictional world.
It's fullfilling apperantly.

exanda kane
Yeah..were all so deep reading

Boris
How'd he do it?

MAGIC

Jedi Priestess
Oh come ON, couldnt YOU recognize that was Anakin? You act like he was burned to an unrecognizable cinderblock for heavens sake.

PVS
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
You act like he was burned to an unrecognizable cinderblock for heavens sake.

well.....he was eek!

now sing along for the holidays

"anakin roasting on an open fire..."drunk

darthvader_fan
Originally posted by Captain REX
No, he couldn't. You know why? Because ANIKAN doesn't exist. It's

ANAKIN! i ment he could sense Darth Vader

sorry if i have to be so specific

Stun
if you look at people who have 1st degree burns on there face, they're totally unreconisable, yet Anakin wasnterm

PVS
you mean 3rd degree burns.

Stun
yes ofcoarsestick out tongue

Captain REX
Originally posted by PVS
well.....he was eek!

now sing along for the holidays

"anakin roasting on an open fire..."drunk

*clears throat*

Anakin roasting...on an open fire...
Darth Maul tearing off your nose...

Stun
"Suicide carols being sung by a gungan
and folks dressed up like Emo's"

Captain REX
Everybody knows...a Sith Lord...and some mistletoe...
Helps to make extremely cheesey lines...

darthvader_fan
The Emperor could sense Vader because if he could sense him all the way on Courcsant than he should be able to sense him on Mustafar

kalsemo
*clears throat*

Anakin roasting...on an open fire...
Darth Maul tearing off your nose...

oh good lord, my thread has fallen to pieces... doh

Shadow x 20

Yeah yeah, I know many of you will say "he knew this through feeling a disturbance in the dark side of the force" etc etc but still, it just seemed too contrived that the Emperor found the exact spot where Vader lay and that he recognized right away it was Anakin laying there, without even knowing what had just transpired...
Who else would be laying next to the lava after Sidious sensed Vader was in danger?

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by darthvader_fan
The Emperor could sense Vader because if he could sense him all the way on Courcsant than he should be able to sense him on Mustafar

Exactamundo. yes

And also, Jedi seem to be able to see on their ships scanners where their pals are on different worlds, as examplified by Obi-wan checking on Anakins whereabouts on the ships scanner in AOTC...
Would the Sith not also have this technology too...? If they do then there couldn't have been too many humans running around on Mustafar and Palps is pretty sharp... It wouldn't take a genius to suss who was who there....

Put that together with the force sensing, and it becomes less of a question of "How did Palps know it was Anakin" and more of a
"How dumb would he have been NOT to know it was Anakin" IMHO.

smile

jeremiahbllfrg
I think Palps should have used the Dark side to find captain Kirk and have Vader beamed on up.

overlord
I think we should make a thread here about how SuperMan could turn back time just by flying around the world. Probably more productive than this thread!

darthvader_fan
why?

tpaquin
Originally posted by overlord
I think we should make a thread here about how SuperMan could turn back time just by flying around the world. Probably more productive than this thread!

It always bothered me that he didn't turn it back moreso in order to stop both the nukes from destroying anything.

But no.

He just wanted to save Lois.

overlord
Yeah, I guess..

Oops, I highjacked the thread again! embarrasment

darht dude
he used the force.

and do you think that on mustafar you would find some burned up dude laying on the ground any day?
to me that is such a dumb question.

darthvader_fan
agreed

Thorin
its called precognition my friend. learn to live with it.

Jedi Priestess
jesus people what is up with the old thread bumpage? Are you all that hard up?

PVS
Originally posted by darht dude
he used the force.

and do you think that on mustafar you would find some burned up dude laying on the ground any day?
to me that is such a dumb question.

on a volcanic planet with lava spewing everywhere, and people outside working among it constantly, would i expect to see an occasional burnt up body? is that what you're asking?

kalsemo
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
jesus people what is up with the old thread bumpage? Are you all that hard up?

Well this thread is not THAT old....

Cascador
how did the emperor recognize the burned Anakin...Mmm I think with his eyesstick out tongue

Tangible God
Can you really put it past Palpatine to NOT know how to find Vader?

grey fox
Two words

FORCE SIGNATURE

OB1-adobe
Sidious sensed him from Coruscant, what would keep him from sensing him a few feet away? Who else would it be that was burned to a crisp but still alive and radiating hatred?

Good job. stick out tongue

No kidding. All the more reason why the sw forums have become increasingly gay.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.