existing stories that should be movies!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

~dorkerina~
There are some stories out there that make me just wish they where movies. I'm like gah! why is there not a movie?!

I personally think a lot of video games (not shoothers) have good stories. like prince of persia for example.

I dunno, anyone else agree?

Darth_Amidala
I think "The Lost Years of Merlin" series should be made. Love those books, and I want to see my fave characters come to life.

Imperial_Samura
Games? I would love to see a movie version of Planescape: Torment, or Grim Fandango.

Far to many books to choose from, but if it could be done well I would like to see some of China Mieville's work up on the big screen - Perdido Street Station or the Scar.

The Phantom Toll Booth. One of my favorite books as a wee tyke.

A movie based on the Red Drawf TV series. They have been talking about it for years. My advice? More action, less telling the fans "maybe next year."

Some actuall good adaptions of Lovecraft's writings. The few existing movies are all of the crappiest shlock. He would be spinning in his grave if Cthulhu hadn't eaten him (well, it would be nice if that actually happened, it's the way he would have wanted to go I bet)

Mando
"Metal Gear Solid" and "The Belgariad" by David Eddings.

I also think a movie version of the TV show "Gargoyles" could be awesome if made by someone like Peter Jackson

fini
HOW bout getting some good screenwriters who got some kick ass ideas, YOU KNOW something original. I'm sure there are more out there than we think.

NO MORE games, leave the books alone( if u want to know the story get of your lazy ass and read the damn book, people dont read enough these days anyways) and more FRIGGING SEQUELS.

Mando
Originally posted by fini
and more FRIGGING SEQUELS.

sad

Koala MeatPie
HOW bout getting some good screenwriters who got some kick ass ideas, YOU KNOW something original. I'm sure there are more out there than we think.

NO MORE games, leave the books alone( if u want to know the story get of your lazy ass and read the damn book, people dont read enough these days anyways) and more FRIGGING SEQUELS.

Having Said that...

I beleive that if a movie is made, not BASED on, but FROM the game "Mafia" it would be Un beleivable.

They should make a movie based on the book "The Godfather" But Expanded into an Unbleivably long Trilogy.

Lets see what people say...

Solo
Originally posted by Mando
I also think a movie version of the TV show "Gargoyles" could be awesome if made by someone like Peter Jackson
Some moron would just **** with "Metal Gear Solid", bad idea.

A "Gargoyles" film? By Peter Jackson? Bad idea, last thing I want to sit through is three hours of six CGI gargoyles saving people.

"Gargoyles" practically copied the exact storyline of TMNT. It's nothing original.

Mando
Originally posted by Solo
A "Gargoyles" film? By Peter Jackson? Bad idea, last thing I want to sit through is three hours of six CGI gargoyles saving people.

"Gargoyles" practically copied the exact storyline of TMNT. It's nothing original.

laughing out loud

TMNT was done excellently. But I still think a Dark Badass "Gargoyles" Idea would be neat

Darth_Amidala
( if u want to know the story get of your lazy ass and read the damn book, people dont read enough these days anyways)

Some people have read the books stick out tongue It would be awesome to see it on big screen though, if they pic the actors and actresses right. That way they don't ruin your own version of the book.

That's the problem with making books into movies, they take characters you know and love and ruin them sad

Ok, maybe I don't trust someone picking an actor and actress for Emrys and Rhia embarrasment

~S.L. cool

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.