Battle driod mfg plant

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mechmoggy
I'd like to point out firstly that I really like EpII and seriously think that when I get it on DVD and watch it a gazillion times that it will become my all time favourite SW film.

However, I do have a small problem with the battle driod manufacturing facilty.

1. the crucible that Padme falls into would still be very very hot, no matter how long it would have been since it was emptied of its molton payload.

2. The guillotining (chopping) operation could not be peformed on an moving track

3. The hot forging (stamping) could also not be performed on a moving track

4. With a fully automated track, C3P0 could not have walked into a line of driods and be assembled. A track of this sort would not be able to accomodate a sudden extra item.

5. What in the hell has R2, essentially a mechanic and navi-computer driod, be doing with jet packs in his "legs"?

Sorry, had to get this off my chest.

yerssot
well, people like you have the right to say that, I think.
Others won't even bother to think about how realistic it can be

greedo
It looks like Lucas took a little crack at Warner Bros. humour in this scene instead of Padme and Anakin dodging the Choppers it could have been Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck.

As for R2D2's Leg rockets well it is a little know secret but R2 (and this will be revealed in EpisodeIII) is really 'Inspector Gadget'. http://www.bobafettmp.com/phpBB/images/smiles/new/greedo.gif

mechmoggy
laughing out loud

GO-GO-R2-JET-PACKS!

Ushgarak
It is the same sort of logic that says that, despite the galaxy being far more advanced than us, land battles have regressed to massed ranks of people charging each other like in the Middle Ages; also the same logic that has Star Destroyers rumbling in the noiseless vaccum of space.

Mad mad mad mad mad, but who cares, eh?

yerssot
errrrr... you apperently

Ushgarak
Really? Wow, that makes me pretty hypocritical... hey, wait! I DON'T care!

yerssot
then I redraw my previous post...

Ushgarak
It is nearly always so that the silliest things happen in sci-fi, of course. Funny thing is, you put a similar sequence in Chicken Run and no-one bats an eyelid. Despite being just as fantastical as an animated feature, sci-fi, and especially Star Wars, always 'seems' more real and hence these things get noticed.

yerssot
'seems' more real??
you mean... it's not real? it's all made up???? sad

mechmoggy
My dad tried to argue the point that the SW universe is more high-tech than ours and that they'd have more advanced technical abilites that would make the mfg plant possible. But I don't care how advanced people are, they can't ignore simple mechanical rules. Maybe I should ask GL if he wants a consult for any future mfg plants he wants to create. cool

Ushgarak
But they would be so dull!

Mujaffa
there is one thing... when anakin gets stuck in that metalthing hy doesn't he just destroy it with his saber.. it's allready inside it

He-Man
He can fix things and fly out in space. What's wrong about that. Well, ofcource it really should have those anti-gravity boosters all over the body, but an X-Wing or any other starfighter in SW has engines ONLY behind. It's the same thing.

yerssot
his hand got stuck, he couldn't activate it

mechmoggy
I know one thing, there'd be a cheeky looking Brummy chap lurking in the background waving at the camera. big grin

Texas
Just wait till you see Minority Report Mech, theres a car assembly line scene thats so in-probable it will probably give you a stroke!big grin

finti

Texas
http://www.uniquehardware.co.uk/server-smilies/ups/DeNiro/up_yours.gif

ko_kidd_2k1

yerssot
use the tags

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.