Hello, my name is KentuckyFriedCruelty.com

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Morgoths_Wrath

whobdamandog

Tptmanno1
Don't care, they are freaking chickens!

KidRock
This thread made me hungry..I think im gonna go get some KFC as a matter of fact.

eggmayo
Originally posted by Tptmanno1
Don't care, they are freaking chickens!

Gregory
I will never support anything PETA tries to do. God I hate those people.

XxILuvVegetaxX
Yes, instead of fighting for animals why dont they try doing that for humans? lol

Hit_and_Miss
Lol the top left of that site says "Order your pam anderson video today"

It wouldn't be soo bad if not for the shameless name dropping of celebs...

tabby999
KFC protestors are some of the stupidest people i've ever met.

JacopeX
yo, This gotta be the stupidest type of way to protest

XxILuvVegetaxX
rofl it cracks me up how PETA fights for the rights for chickens that are about to be slaughtered! i mean i dont see the point....they fightin cuz they dont want them to kicked around or wutever....but wut does it matter if theyre going to die anyway?!

PVS
because its cruel and inhumane.

if someone was terminally ill does that mean its ok to torture them to death, because they're just going to die anyway?

XxILuvVegetaxX
theres a diff between some1 that is dyin terminally ill and a chicken thats gonna get slaughtered anyway

PVS
Originally posted by XxILuvVegetaxX
theres a diff between some1 that is dyin terminally ill and a chicken thats gonna get slaughtered anyway

no there isnt. there is a huge difference between being killed and being tortured to death. its a little thing we like to call 'common sense'

tabby999
i dont know how bad it is in the US, is Aus the chicken companys like Inghams are pretty good. not free range but not as bad as some of the shit you see in the states

Bardock42
Well kind of a stupiud name, don't you think? I mean, I don't envy you...at all...

Imperial_Samura
PETA are over the top, I'll admit, and not the best, but occasionally they have a point. Just because something is a chicken, a cow or a dog, doesn't mean it shouldn't be cared for properly.

Yes, in my view, even if it's over all fate is to die, it's still no excuse for horrible, cruel treatment while alive (and besides, in a practical sense at least, even if your not in for animal rights, a mistreated, stressed, or in pain meat producing animal reduces in quality enormously. People at the least should be angry they are paying so much money for crap food, and that some of that crappiness is caused by mistreatment of that burger filling while it was alive.) But still, I have to wonder about those who laugh and say "hey man, it's just a chicken, who cares?" You should care, if not for the chicken, then for yourself, you happy consumer, who is being sold sub-par animal products.

Personally I don't eat at any of those US fast food places (KFC, Macdonalds or whatever) for one reason - horrible food. When I live in a city that has so many GOOD food places, REAL restaurants, with chefs who actually CARE about what they are doing, and where they are better for me, better quality, better value, better atmosphere and the rest, well it seems like treason against good taste to eat in such unpleasant edifices to bad taste. If I was given the choice to try the new Afghan place down the street that recently won a number of awards where I would be experiencing a dining and cultural experience or to go and have a Mccrap burger (unidentified meat products, limp salad on a bland bun), well, I know which I would choose 100% of the time. You guessed it, the actual restaurant. Book me a table Mahad, me and some friends will be there around 8.

tabby999
how would you introduce yourself?

"Hi my names....you can just call me Jackass"

JacopeX
Itz probably a publicity stunt, like the time prince changed his name into that weird sign. Dont worry, chris norris will change his name back when this whole shit is ova. lol

tabby999
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
PETA are over the top, I'll admit, and not the best, but occasionally they have a point. Just because something is a chicken, a cow or a dog, doesn't mean it shouldn't be cared for properly.

Yes, in my view, even if it's over all fate is to die, it's still no excuse for horrible, cruel treatment while alive (and besides, in a practical sense at least, even if your not in for animal rights, a mistreated, stressed, or in pain meat producing animal reduces in quality enormously. People at the least should be angry they are paying so much money for crap food, and that some of that crappiness is caused by mistreatment of that burger filling while it was alive.) But still, I have to wonder about those who laugh and say "hey man, it's just a chicken, who cares?" You should care, if not for the chicken, then for yourself, you happy consumer, who is being sold sub-par animal products.

Personally I don't eat at any of those US fast food places (KFC, Macdonalds or whatever) for one reason - horrible food. When I live in a city that has so many GOOD food places, REAL restaurants, with chefs who actually CARE about what they are doing, and where they are better for me, better quality, better value, better atmosphere and the rest, well it seems like treason against good taste to eat in such unpleasant edifices to bad taste. If I was given the choice to try the new Afghan place down the street that recently won a number of awards where I would be experiencing a dining and cultural experience or to go and have a Mccrap burger (unidentified meat products, limp salad on a bland bun), well, I know which I would choose 100% of the time. You guessed it, the actual restaurant. Book me a table Mahad, me and some friends will be there around 8.

indeed. i worked at KFC for 4 years, the chickens fine chicken, not scummy crap, but in the end, its pressure cooked. you end up with **** all flavour. hence all the sauces. whereas the resteraunt where i now work, food that costs a little more, takes a little longer, is about a billion times better a) looking b) tasting c) for you.
as for people not caring about the chickens, i think people should be more interested in the millions of people dying in Africa before the chickens in the pens. sure the poor little bastards are treated bad in some cases, but i think people are a slightly higher importance than the humble chook. know what i mean?

Imperial_Samura
I certainly do, and I agree, the plight of people is a lot higher for me then the plight of animals. Other then some Green Peace/Sea Shepard stuff I do all charities I am affiliated with are invariably human in nature. I care about animals, and am concerned by animal cruelty, but sadly there are only so many hours in the day.

Which Is why I suspect that's why PETA is the way it is. I have only met one member of it, but he was one of those "resists everything, rebel without a cause" kind of guy who loved his own voice and wanted to believe he was blazing trails, fighting the best fight - the problem for him when it came to human causes was everybody is doing them, there are so many human occupied charities. Ergo, there is little room for standing out in the crowd, being looked at, being the centre of attention.

So he is in PETA, who get a lot of attention. Sure, he might actually care about what he is doing, but that's not enough - it's the being visible thing that gets him going. Indeed, some of the PETA stuff I have heard/seen just seem to smack of the tried hard, "hey look at me" kind of syndrome. Not saying they don't sometimes have a point, but still.

Darth Revan
The best way to oppose fast food is, you guessed it, to not eat at fast food restaurants!

As long as you're on the topic of how evil fast food is, it might be better to look at all the awful things they do to workers in meat processing plants, or migrant workers on their farms, or the environment, or their customers. THEN worry about the chickens.

ladygrim
good god .... i think im gonna change my name to 'getalife'

DanieLs_4_Ever

Syren
He changed his name to KentuckyFriedCruelty.com? Ok, I appreciate his gesture, but that's a little too on the insane side... confused

River Wild
I want to eat fried chicken right now!

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by DanieLs_4_Ever
This is old.

But I live in Kentucky smile

Is it true that Colonel Harland Sanders was never in the army? That his rank of Colonel was purely honorary?

If so I will say I'm shocked, shocked (not really) - I mean I might be slightly more inclined to patronise his chain (really, really, really not really) if I thought he had a military history before he moved on to the big old deep fryer in the sky. And what in fried chickens name did he recieve it for if not for the army? Spreading his dream of fried Chicken to the world? His discovery of the 11 secret Herbs and spices (I mean really, how could the possibly still be secret)?

Ah, the moral mine field of bad fast food.

botankus
IMO, the best things on their buffet to order are the original recipe chicken, mac & cheese, biscuits, and mashed potatoes. Everything else (including spaghetti one time...ugh, think it came from someone's lunchbox) should be avoided.

However, they do have some new boneless chicken which can be topped with Buffalo sauce and they're pretty good, as is the popcorn chicken.

debbiejo
I've tried and tried to duplicate his recipe, though they thrown in losts of MSG in everything, even potatoes.

botankus
If you find something remotely close to the 11 herbs and spices (even if you have to use something like shampoo for one of them), Debs, send it this way!

botankus
I believe this picture is for the goons who need to follow ladygrim's advice:

debbiejo
no I give up...There must be something strange in those ingredients..

botankus
KFC has always been a legendary innovator in this country. Now, they not only allow you to become educated through the finest institutions, but they will train infants about laptops and let you actually make a decision about what sauce you'd like to dip your chicken in! Oh, and don't forget those gift checks!

debbiejo
blink

I need more coffee............

KENobi™
Originally posted by debbiejo
blink

I need more coffee............

It's true, your posts are always off topic and don't add anything to the thread. blink

Anyways, I hate PETA with a passion. They are hipocrites that condone arsonists and terrorists. Celebrities do these mostly for publicity, to make them seem like saints.

debbiejo

JacopeX
Itz probably a publicity stunt, like the time prince changed his name into that weird sign. Dont worry, chris norris will change his name back when this whole shit is ova. lol

KENobi™
Get lost....I add to plenty of threads in a very interesting and coherent way thank you very much.

But are your comments on topic? From what I've seen...no.

debbiejo

tabby999
i think the guy may have changes his name simply because too many Chuck Norris comparisons were being drawn

DanieLs_4_Ever
Is it true that Colonel Harland Sanders was never in the army? That his rank of Colonel was purely honorary?

If so I will say I'm shocked, shocked (not really) - I mean I might be slightly more inclined to patronise his chain (really, really, really not really) if I thought he had a military history before he moved on to the big old deep fryer in the sky. And what in fried chickens name did he recieve it for if not for the army? Spreading his dream of fried Chicken to the world? His discovery of the 11 secret Herbs and spices (I mean really, how could the possibly still be secret)?

Ah, the moral mine field of bad fast food.
Lol.

WrathfulDwarf
After all these years of eating KFC I feel guilty. sad

Hell no. sleep

Imperial_Samura

Morning_Glory

botankus
Okay, ate at KFC today and I must admit that I'm not a huge fan of their boneless wings. I don't think fast food places should try to serve discounted foods that sit-down restaurants charge 7 bucks for. The taste is just not there.

However, I was the boss when I chose my sauce, though! (see attachment on previous page)

debbiejo
I love KFC, especially Original Recp....It leaves me feeling soooo thursty though...I do feel bad for the way they handle their chickens though...With chickens handled in the way KFC does, it leaves them less healthy and full of stress hormones that are passed unto what ever eats them from what I've read...Not a good thing.

Ciára-foxichik

meep-meep
holy SHIT! Getting dipped in a bath of scalding hot whatever-the-****-kind-of-liquid while still alive and conscious would SUCK! SHIT!

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by meep-meep
holy SHIT! Getting dipped in a bath of scalding hot whatever-the-****-kind-of-liquid while still alive and conscious would SUCK! SHIT!

If it is hot enough, you cannot feel the pain.

meep-meep
Uh..ok.

debbiejo
The chickens hundreds at a time are allowed to sit in a soaking bath when completed with all its fecal matter hanging from it long enough to soak up the liquid and weigh more at the market thanks to the FDA....I think it's 15 or 20 mins.......It's called fecal soup by employees.. sick

Imperial_Samura
Sweet mother of potatoes! If pumping chickens full of antibiotics wasn't off putting enough some people weigh them down with their own fecal matter?

Bllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeech!

fini
Hmmmm stuff like that wont make me stop eating KFC. IT tastes good, well at least the one sold here. LOL whenever a trinidadian comes back to Trinidad( especially from NY), thats one of the first thing they ask for, KFC..... ok maybe they ask for another food too, but KFC is right up there. LOL maybe because our KFC still tastes like chicken.

WHAT IS GONNA MAKE ME STOP EATING KFC.
My cousin came from NY and we went to the other island of the country( ie TObago) and she wanted KFC instead of the local creole food. I mean come on, the second time in this beautiful island and you pass up crab and dumpling or stew dolphin( relax its a fish, not the mammal dolphin) and spanish rice?!?!??!?! To me thats like passing up lasangne for KFC. sick

Hmmmm maybe KFC makes you stupid tooo.

Imperial_Samura
I suspect that the 11 herbs and spices contain something addictive and/or hallucinogenic. Either that or there is subliminal messaging in the adverts.

debbiejo
I suspect that the 11 herbs and spices contain something addictive and/or hallucinogenic. Either that or there is subliminal messaging in the adverts. Like cigarettes.. eek! addiction to chicken.

meep-meep
The chickens hundreds at a time are allowed to sit in a soaking bath when completed with all its fecal matter hanging from it long enough to soak up the liquid and weigh more at the market thanks to the FDA....I think it's 15 or 20 mins.......It's called fecal soup by employees.. sick

GRROOSSSSS!!!

debbiejo
Yeah, thought that too. sick

Uberking Robert
PETA is complete bullshit. There's absolutely nothing wrong with eating meat and wearing animals' furs. Animals are lower life forms that are inferior to Man and exist only to serve him. Holy crap you dumb hippies, get it through your head already. Not to mention that it's been proven that PETA associates with terrorists.

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by Uberking Robert
PETA is complete bullshit. There's absolutely nothing wrong with eating meat and wearing animals' furs. Animals are lower life forms that are inferior to Man and exist only to serve him. Holy crap you dumb hippies, get it through your head already. Not to mention that it's been proven that PETA associates with terrorists.

Ummmmmm............ I think the consensus here is that PETA isn't good and/or are a few nuggets short of a kids meal, though I think you are going a bit far the other way. The whole lower life forms and "animals exist only to serve man" is just a bit, I don't know, over the top. Plenty of animals are useful to us, the whole food chain thing and all, and we utilise them, but they don't exist solely for that purpose. And what about the huge number of animals that we have no use for, do they exist only to serve as well?

And PETA and Osama. Brothers in arms. When was it proven they get around with terrorists. I find it hard to believe that with the way the US is with even innocent people that they would happily be letting PETA run around if they are known terrorist associates.

I like the image of some cool cat in a smoky jazz bar leaning back, his beret tilted rakishly, drawing deeply off a fried chicken, no filter, low tar.

Adam_PoE
And PETA and Osama. Brothers in arms. When was it proven they get around with terrorists. I find it hard to believe that with the way the US is with even innocent people that they would happily be letting PETA run around if they are known terrorist associates.

PETA funds the Animal Liberation Front, a terrorist organization.

lil bitchiness
Why would you change your name for that!!

How utterly ridiculous.

I can't be bothered changing my account cos it needs too much work, this guy is changing his name for the sake of website. He looks like a geek anyway...

Arachnoidfreak
I loathe PETA because of some of their tactics(let me change my name so people know KFC is bad! DUHR...mommy, get my helmet!), but sometimes they do have a point.

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
PETA funds the Animal Liberation Front, a terrorist organization.

I thought they were in league with real terrorist. Still it might be interesting, what does the Animal Liberation Front do to put them in that category? And why are they allowed to exist if they are terrorists?

But then I guess I've donated money to Sea Shepard, and they are considered pirates because they sometimes sink whaling ships.

Uberking Robert
I just hate hippies so much. So goddamned ****ing much. They just suck so much. So very, very much.

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by Uberking Robert
I just hate hippies so much. So goddamned ****ing much. They just suck so much. So very, very much.

And particular reason? And really the "hippies" of today are a lot different socially then the hippies of the original cultural movement. I'm not sure if over the top PETA vigilantes qualify as hippies.

Adam_PoE
I thought they were in league with real terrorist. Still it might be interesting, what does the Animal Liberation Front do to put them in that category? And why are they allowed to exist if they are terrorists?

But then I guess I've donated money to Sea Shepard, and they are considered pirates because they sometimes sink whaling ships.

According to the FBI, "The ALF is considered a terrorist group, whose purpose is to bring about social and political change through the use of force and violence."

Moreover, the FBI estimates that the ALF have committed more than 600 criminal acts in the United States since 1996, resulting in damages in excess of 43 million dollars.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.