a quick question about Dark Lord, Rise of DV

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dirk Jade
im just finished reading Dark Lord, Rise of Darth Vader and in it the Book makes a referance to "The Lost Twenty" What does that mean? does anyone know? thank you.

ArthasKnight
The Lost Twenty are 20 Jedi who officially announced their departure from the Jedi Order. The most recent of these would be Dooku.

Lightsnake
Another was Darth Ruin who started the whole mess of the new Sith

Captain REX
Did they not mention it in AOTC? I don't remember...

overlord
Tsk tsk tsk.. All these 'quick' questions threads..
Why not just look it up or something so we can use forums for what they are intended for.

Dirk Jade
i kind of figured that a forum would be used to clear questions even the quick ones. However just about everyone gets critism from you,Overlord and most of the time i agree with you so i'll stop making Quick Question threads afterall you do have Seniority.

Darth Sparhawk
Is the book good? Is there battles in which Vader kills Jedi?

ArthasKnight
Yes, a few actually. I'd recommend it.

Captain REX
Same. I'm reading it as we speak.

Darth Sparhawk
I'll try to find it. But in Bulgaria it is very tough to find Star wars books in English and the series they are currently translating here are "controversial" at best.

overlord
I wish I could find some more SW literature.
I visit this section all the time yet have read little books actually. eek!

Darth Sparhawk
same with me.

Darth Jello
If you look at Episode II, the bronze busts in the library scene are the lost 20. obi-wan is looking at the 20th, Dooku.

Captain REX
Originally posted by overlord
I wish I could find some more SW literature.
I visit this section all the time yet have read little books actually. eek!

I'm not alone in this world! eek!

In my instance, it's because I started with the kid's Star Wars books...

Darth Sparhawk
They are better IMO (the kids books).

SnakeEyes
Ummmm, they most certainly are not. The kids books are good if you're 12 years old (or younger), but the actual novels are much, much better than the kids books.

Darth Sparhawk
I disagree. The YA books are fast-paced, easy to read, with likable characters and have the special feeling of the Star Wars.
Adult novels are slow-moving, often low-tension with unlikable characacters and many of them have a hard scifi feel.
But this is just my opinion, i don't want to offend anybody.

overlord
Yes, there is certainly a difference in the books of today and the ones of the past. (Can't judge though but I take it is a good change)
The EU has become a very serious aspect of SW since the prequels apperantly.

Captain REX
Dark Lord is certainly not filled with unlikeable characters. I like Master Shryne, myself.

Darth Sparhawk
I'm sure that "Rise of Darth Vader" is good. It's very closely-connected to ROTS, after all smile

Darth Jello
I like the chapters devoted to vader bitching about his suit. You really get a feel for how badly he was injured and also some clues as to why it seems his suit changes in every movie.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.