BTTF: Question me

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

steverules
I am a big BTTF fan and will probably be able to answer any question asked, maybe not about some of the actors but I will on the actual movie and stuff that went on in the movie. Why do I get the feeling that this thread will flunk.

bloodboys2blueb
Alright now you got a whole thread on this I can test your bttf knowledge

Q: What song is Marty in bttf1 singing at the Enchantment under the sea dance.
Now give me one

steverules
He sang Johnny B goode, I have that on my MP3 player. For you uhm lets see.

What is the name of the docs first dog? Before Einstien.

bloodboys2blueb
Thats tough but do you mean in the movie or in another movie

steverules
It is mentioned in the third, you know that letter written to marty from the old west by the doc, well in the letter it said look after Einstien for me, when the 1955 doc read it he asked who Einstien was but 1955 doc has a dog, and I think his name is mentioned.

bloodboys2blueb
Well I think the answer is spartucus. But I think(pretty sure as well)that it was supposed to be a funny bit in the movie(when doc called Einstein, "spartucus"wink

steverules
Thats right, spartucus is right. Guess it's you're turn to ask me.

bloodboys2blueb
Q: What does Doc give the libeyan terrorists, for the A-BomB

steverules
He gives them a bomb casing full of pinball machine parts LOL I laughed for ages when he said that. Uhm let me think of one for you uhm.....lets see, what was the name of Martys relatives that he met in the west?

bloodboys2blueb
Maggie Mcfly, Shamus Mcfly and William Mcfly

Q: How much time does Marty give himself in bttf1. When he goes back but gives himself extra time to tell Doc he will get shot

steverules
He gives himself 10 mins.

Which band named themselves after a character in bttf?

bloodboys2blueb
No your wrong. If you look close you can see he gives himself 11 mins.
Woh this is tough. give me some time

bloodboys2blueb
Ok this might be wrong but you can only learn from your mistakes. Is the band called Mcfly

bloodboys2blueb
Q: When Marty falls into the river after getting away from Griff Tannnen in bttf2. Where does he come out of from the water

bloodboys2blueb
the answer is not water

steverules
OK you got my Q right but I got you're Q right, in the movie he goes "Lets see 10 minutes should do it". So I am right, if you don't belive me watch the scene, I am sure that he says that. I will answer you're other Q, he comes out off court house mall..........I think.

bloodboys2blueb
No your wrong about the 10/11 mins. Marty does say he will give himself 10 mins but if you look at the time panels he actually gives himsself 11 mins. Oh yeah your right about the courthouse mall thing

Q: In what state and town was bttf3s hill valley set

steverules
Well if he says he's gonna give himself 10 mins but he actually gives himself 11 mins............!?! Confusion here.
Uhm, where is it filmed? Uhm hmmmmmmm, is it mentioned anywhere where it is filmed? I have no idea where is it filmed?

SpyCspider
uh,.....i'm pretty sure the dog's name was "Copernicus," not Spartacus.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doc_Brown

besides, why would Doc name his dog something other than a famous scientist? wink

KENobi™
Originally posted by SpyCspider
uh,.....i'm pretty sure the dog's name was "Copernicus," not Spartacus.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doc_Brown

besides, why would Doc name his dog something other than a famous scientist? wink

Damn, I was just reading from the first post and was going to say this. laughing out loud

SpyCspider
^ahhaah sorry Kenobi

but at least I wasn't the only one who caught the error in one of the very first questions... cool 's all good

I think the dog probably existed before Einstein became an everyday name. Einstein died in 1955, so perhaps Doc wanted a dog in his memory.

bloodboys2blueb
Well I thought that when Doc called the dog spartacus/copernicus. He was just accidently getting the name wrong because in bttf1 Doc does not have a dog at all. And I am pretty sure it was Spartucus. But I've also heard Copernicus sometime before

SpyCspider
Originally posted by bloodboys2blueb
He was just accidently getting the name wrong because in bttf1 Doc does not have a dog at all.

In Bttf1 Doc does not have a dog at all???
What happened at the Mall scene when they were trying out the Delorean for the first time? "Einy" was the first one to try it and be "the world's first time traveler!"

Did we watch the same movie?

But if you meant Doc doesn't have Copernicus at all in BFFT1, then yes, you're right. Cuz Copernicus would have been DEAD, by then. 30 year old dog is highly unlikely.

And sorry, it's always been Copernicus.

steverules
I am pretty sure he was called spartucus. I'll have to check sometime when I get around to watching the movies again.

bloodboys2blueb
HaHa. My mistake on the no dog at all in bttf1(not BFFT1). But copernicus of course did not live 30 years but then why did 1885 Doc tell 1955 Doc to look after Einstein. Also how is there a dog in 1955 if Einstein is left in alternative 1985 and Marty goes back on the exact date when he goes back to 1985(from bttf1 also when Doc has no dog called copernicus/spartucus).

SpyCspider
I'm not quite understanding your question.....but here goes:

Of course 1955 Doc had no idea who Einstein is....he hasn't gotten him yet. Chances are Einstein wasn't even born yet. That's why he asked "Who's Einstein?" and Marty had to tell him.

Originally posted by bloodboys2blueb
But copernicus of course did not live 30 years but then why did 1885 Doc tell 1955 Doc to look after Einstein.

1885 Doc told MARTY, not 1955 Doc to look after Einstein. 1955 Doc was just reading the letter..it wasn't directed towards him.

As for Einstein still being there in 1985, that didn't make sense to me either...and neither did Jennifer still being asleep on the porch. You can just assume when they changed the timeline back to its "corrected" state, the characters just end up being where they were left off from the future, although technically, any small change in the past can alter future events. Just like how Marty's house, his gf, etc never moved in 1985 after he changed events in 1955.

They really had potential to f*ck up history and after all his lecturing, what does Doc do? Builds himself a friggin time-traveling locomotive so he can mess around with time again. Sheesh.

bloodboys2blueb
Oh yeah you are right about the letter being directed to Marty, my mistake again. But since we don't know where the 1955 dog came from I am going to go with this opinion:
Maybe before Doc told Marty to meet him on the roof. Doc went back to 1985(alternative) and got Einstein because he was still worried about him even after everything he said to Marty. And then he must have taken Einy to Doc's 1955 home and( because at the sart of bttf3, Einy is on the floor of the house)Doc accidently is sent to 1885

SpyCspider
no no ...Copernicus and Einstein are 2 different dogs. Einstein looks older, shaggier, and bigger. Copernicus if I remember correctly is thinner and less hairy. 1955 Doc probably just has a dog named Copernicus, who died. Later on, he got a dog named Einstein.

If I were 1955 Doc, why would I accept some random strange dog to my home?.....especially since I'm preoccupied with getting Marty back to the future.

Here, I'll paste the info for those who can't be bothered to read the link I've posted earlier: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doc_Brown

"He usually has a pet dog–in 1955, his pet was named Copernicus after Nicolaus Copernicus, and by 1985 he had a dog named Einstein after Albert Einstein. Doc's role models are scientists, as evidenced by the names of his dogs."

bloodboys2blueb
Im watchin bttf3 whilst writing this and Doc calls the 1955 dog "Copernicus"(dash)

SpyCspider
ya, when Copernicus whines...doc goes "it's alright Copernicus"

and later on Copernicus stands on 1885 Doc's grave...hahaha laughing

bloodboys2blueb
Ah but then Doc calls the dog "Barnicus" and Marty follows on(im still watchin bttf3)

SpyCspider
it's just bad pronounciation..especially with Doc's accent.

like saying coPERNICUS! sounds like "Barnicus!"

bloodboys2blueb
Ok so I admit that I was wrong and you were right(spyCspider)

bloodboys2blueb
Woh this is confusing with both of us on at the same time

SpyCspider
hahahah yea, and I think MOds are gonna be mad at us for posting so often such short lines. I apologize and will refrain from now on.

In any case, I love BTTF series..they're one of my favorites and I used to analyze them to death. smile

bloodboys2blueb
OKAY NOW i GOT HOMEWORK SO SIYA

bloodboys2blueb
Maybe thre is only one dog but two doggie actors

bloodboys2blueb
Originally posted by steverules
Well if he says he's gonna give himself 10 mins but he actually gives himself 11 mins............!?! Confusion here.
Uhm, where is it filmed? Uhm hmmmmmmm, is it mentioned anywhere where it is filmed? I have no idea where is it filmed?

It is mentioned on one of the bonuses on the dvds

steverules
Well I'm guessing that will be 3 then.

bloodboys2blueb
Well I'm guessing that will be 3 then.

or the special features dvd

bloodboys2blueb
Does anybody use this thread anymore

LonDon06
Thats right, spartucus is right. Guess it's you're turn to ask me.
actually it was Copernicus

bloodboys2blueb
yeah we know that now. We kept on about for ages

bloodboys2blueb
Question: how many months is Doc in 1885 for?

Makedde
I don't like BTTF! Never known anyone who does!!!

bloodboys2blueb
i know a few who do but steverules has not posted here forever

steverules
Forever seems to be over now.

bloodboys2blueb
well whats the answer

if your a true fan then you would return more

A.D. Skinner
Okay...so here is a question for the fans of BTTF!

In the 3rd movie, after saving 1985 from being overtaken by Biff, Jennifer is left on her front Porch and Marty is told by Doc that once they changed the past, that the future would change around her and all would be right with the world once again.

So my question is...in the 2nd movie, when Old Biff steals the Delorian and travels back to 1955 to give young Biff the Almanac, why in 2035 ( which Marty and Doc have travelled to, in attempt to save Marty's Son, doesn't everything change once the handoff has been made????

Jonathan Stead
Hi There my name's Jonathan Stead

There's something I've always wanted to know.

How would doc have able been to build a high tec Steam Locomtive in 1885 that can travel throw time to 1985 on his own?

Thankyou.

Impediment
Originally posted by Jonathan Stead
Hi There my name's Jonathan Stead

There's something I've always wanted to know.

How would doc have able been to build a high tec Steam Locomtive in 1885 that can travel throw time to 1985 on his own?

Thankyou.

Two words:

Science Fiction.

the welsh one
Originally posted by A.D. Skinner
Okay...so here is a question for the fans of BTTF!

In the 3rd movie, after saving 1985 from being overtaken by Biff, Jennifer is left on her front Porch and Marty is told by Doc that once they changed the past, that the future would change around her and all would be right with the world once again.

So my question is...in the 2nd movie, when Old Biff steals the Delorian and travels back to 1955 to give young Biff the Almanac, why in 2035 ( which Marty and Doc have travelled to, in attempt to save Marty's Son, doesn't everything change once the handoff has been made????

correction: doc, marty and jenifer are in 2015

answer to your question: when old biff returns to the now alternative 2015, the physical appreance of the streets may not have changed.
But possibly other streets would have changed and people would be less law obiding, although this is just assuming.

SlayerOfJedi13
Originally posted by bloodboy
Well I thought that when Doc called the dog spartacus/copernicus. He was just accidently getting the name wrong because in bttf1 Doc does not have a dog at all. And I am pretty sure it was Spartucus. But I've also heard Copernicus sometime before

in he first BTTF Doc does have a dog. inthe openin credits the dog food is dumped into the bowl and Einstien is the first to go back. Any more Qs i would like to answer some big grin

SlayerOfJedi13
Originally posted by bloodboy
Question: how many months is Doc in 1885 for?
the answer is 8

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.