healing factor vs Invulnerability

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Whatup880088
healing factor characters such as wolverine, sabertooth ect.

vs

invulnerability characters such as thing, namor ect.

this is not a fight.
what would u rather have?
which is better?

it much harder to hurt if u have skinn like thing but then the things that do hurt u have a good chance of not kill characters such as sabertooth. so which one is truly the better to have?

Whatup880088
im new so if this has been done befor sorry

thesilverspider
there both overrated

Jose123
invulnerability.

Don't feel like going through the pain of having my arm blown off just to regrow it and have it blown off again.

The Ion
A healing factor kind of comes bundled with invulnerability. Perhaps not to the degree of one such as Deadpool but they all still have one.

spetznaz
Originally posted by Jose123
invulnerability.

Don't feel like going through the pain of having my arm blown off just to regrow it and have it blown off again.

Yup!

I'd rather have invulnerability too.
Why go through the bother (and pain) of getting eviscerated (and all that stuff) when you could simply stare down your attacker and tell them to do their worst?

And anyways, some of the guys with the highest levels of invulnerability seem to also have much vaunted healing factors (of sorts). For instance take the Hulk ....the guy is in essence invulnerable, but just in case he also has one of the best (if not THE best) healing factor in Marvel.
Or Superman. His bio-field makes him invulnerable, but in case something out of the ordinary occurs (eg prolonged exposure to kryptonite, or for that matter a character on the level of Doomsday exhausting his solar stores) exposure to the sun heals any injuries (since the yellow rays simply recharge him).

Anyways, invulnerability is the way to go.

Khellendros
Healing Factor. There's always something out there that can damage even the most invulnerable characters. At least with a healing factor, you can take those same hits and expect to walk away eventually.

Juntai
Originally posted by Khellendros
Healing Factor. There's always something out there that can damage even the most invulnerable characters. At least with a healing factor, you can take those same hits and expect to walk away eventually. Depends on the level you're talking about, take for example, Superman shrugging off Nukes. Nukes would wipe out most 'healing factor' characters to the last cell, so there's nothing to regen..

Mindship
If I may (hoping this is not too off-topic), I'd like to comment on what I always thought was the best defensive ability.

Say we have, for showcasing each ability...
Juggernaut: invulnerability
Wolverine: healing factor
Spiderman: reflex speed

We start off with small caliber fire.
Juggs takes it on the chest: no problemo.
Wolverine takes it in the chest: after a sec or so, no problemo.
Spiderman dodges: no problemo.

We build up to, say, RPGs.
Wolverine...well, it may take a few seconds or minute, but eventually he's back on his feet, good as new.
Spiderman: no problemo

So far, invulnerability and reflex speed seem to be faring best.
We keep on increasing the power of the weapons until, at some point, we will probably first exceed Wolverine's capacity to recover, at least within a reasonable time frame (ie, before the Bad Guy can strike again, taking advantage of the time it takes for W to recover).

We keep increasing the power of the weapons, until, conceivably at some point, Juggs starts to feel it, or at least get knocked off his feet or in some way becomes temporarily incapacitated.

With Spiderman (or Batman, Daredevil, Cap America--take your pic), it doesn't matter how powerful the bullet or bolt is because they're just not making contact with their target.

Perhaps I did not pick the best examples to showcase each defensive power, but I think I was able to highlight (if not prove) my point, at least with non-mass-destruction attacks. But even these could be offset if the simple ability to Get Out Of The Way was combined with sufficient warning sense.

Whatup880088
Originally posted by spetznaz
Yup!

I'd rather have invulnerability too.
Why go through the bother (and pain) of getting eviscerated (and all that stuff) when you could simply stare down your attacker and tell them to do their worst?

And anyways, some of the guys with the highest levels of invulnerability seem to also have much vaunted healing factors (of sorts). For instance take the Hulk ....the guy is in essence invulnerable, but just in case he also has one of the best (if not THE best) healing factor in Marvel.
Or Superman. His bio-field makes him invulnerable, but in case something out of the ordinary occurs (eg prolonged exposure to kryptonite, or for that matter a character on the level of Doomsday exhausting his solar stores) exposure to the sun heals any injuries (since the yellow rays simply recharge him).

Anyways, invulnerability is the way to go.

this is why I stated characters such as thing and namor

Dark Urizen
Originally posted by Mindship
If I may (hoping this is not too off-topic), I'd like to comment on what I always thought was the best defensive ability.

Say we have, for showcasing each ability...
Juggernaut: invulnerability
Wolverine: healing factor
Spiderman: reflex speed

We start off with small caliber fire.
Wolverine takes it in the chest: after a sec or so, no problemo.
Spiderman dodges: no problemo.

We build up to, say, RPGs.
Wolverine...well, it may take a few seconds or minute, but eventually he's back on his feet, good as new.
Spiderman: no problemo

So far, invulnerability and reflex speed seem to be faring best.
We keep on increasing the power of the weapons until, at some point, we will probably first exceed Wolverine's capacity to recover, at least within a reasonable time frame (ie, before the Bad Guy can strike again, taking advantage of the time it takes for W to recover).

We keep increasing the power of the weapons, until, conceivably at some point, Juggs starts to feel it, or at least get knocked off his feet or in some way becomes temporarily incapacitated.

With Spiderman (or Batman, Daredevil, Cap America--take your pic), it doesn't matter how powerful the bullet or bolt is because they're just not making contact with their target.

Perhaps I did not pick the best examples to showcase each defensive power, but I think I was able to highlight (if not prove) my point, at least with non-mass-destruction attacks. But even these could be offset if the simple ability to Get Out Of The Way was combined with sufficient warning sense.

Except "Get Out of the Way" characters will eventually get hit. And then what?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.