The Ultimate Theory????

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

rickyduck

choosewisely
I only read the summary....butthat's because im lazy
nice theory...but didn't the writers say there was a possible explination for it all?

rickyduck
lol i bet they're lying. But there is many other theorys.

Hit_and_Miss
While it come bear some truth.. my 1 thought was...

If the collective consciousness guided Locke and boone to the plane... Why??? It surved no purpose other then to kill boone off... Seeing as they were chosen to come to the island It seems a bit silly to then kill off a member!

Any ideas?

rickyduck
I think it was to make the tail and and the middle connected to each other without actually knowing it. I don't know why though.

choosewisely
if boone didn't fall charlie wouldnt have drugs...
and why happened just THAT plane to crash out there...

rickyduck
Well we dont no that that is the only plane

rickyduck

rickyduck
I recently found an interesting natuarlly occuring thoery found in our world that states everyone has a mirror image somewhere in the world. You may have heard of this. Its called Roussau's genetic mirror theory, and I must say it is very interesting. Roussau's genetic mirror theory says that everyone in the world has an exact twin somewhere, however according to the theory you never encounter this person, by laws of probablitly and other natuaral occuring phemnomen. Its the theory that was devised by a French Mathematician named Marseille Roussau in the year 1988. He used a series of numbers to explain his theory. Now I know you're not going to believe this but here goes.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Let me explain...

The 4 stands for 4 degrees of separation (not 6 or 7 as commonly stated.) Roussau believed that everyone in the world was connected by four different people. So in theory could meet yourself by using four different people connected to you. Example: Your brother's, boss's, neighbor nephew, knows your mirror. Hard to believe, I know but keep reading.

The 8 stands for the eight continent, or the only place in the world where you could meet your mirror. He calculated it to be somewhere in the south pacific. Now we know its not actually as large as the other contintents but its used figurtively because everyone in all 7 continents could meet there mirror on the 8th universal continent.

The 15 stands for the chances of you acually meeting yourself on this place, as in 15 out of 4,815,162,342. Look at the second set "815." Ring any bells? Interesting huh?

The 16 stands for the maximum amount of people that could encounter thier twin all at the same time. Think about the number of main characters.

The 23 is the number of years apart your twin and yourself are. You are not the same age as your twin. By chance and probablity it takes 23 years exactly for the same genes that made you to be connected again to form another you.

The 42 stands for the maximimum number of years your twin and yourself can be alive at the same time. However people do die at diffferent times so thats why everyone isn't dead at 75. For example my twin was born on Sept. 6 2003 b/c i was born on Spet. 6 1980. Now that doesn't mean i will die in the year 2045, I could, but its not set in stone. My twin could die when he is 16, and then the whole thing starts over again.

This is all very complicated and I don't know how well I explained it but the connections with the show are too coinidental to not be real.

Roussau and his team (wife, included) went to the 8th continent. You can figure out how they died and why by the numbers and equations. It also fits with every character. You can predict when they will die. There are others on the island who are twins of the survivors, but have been there 23 years longer.

This is something to do wif the numbers.
Wow.

Hit_and_Miss
Interesting!!! Something to concider.. But why do the number bring such bad/good luck??? I found the events that have occured around the numbers don't link very well to this theory thou.. And I can't see them passing all the events around the number,(hurls win lotto, and all the bad luck that followed, Peep on radio who first heard the numbers) as coincidence...

rickyduck
well im gonna look further int the rossau theory.

_Sanctuary_
It is very interesting... no expression hmmm..

rickyduck

rickyduck
mr rutherford died at 8:15pm.

rickyduck
i am gonna look a complete pleb now but further research into the rossau theory: 'genetic mirrors and other natrually occuring phenonamon' was all a hoax. But, still.

rickyduck
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16657

theres even a thread bout him

rickyduck
Also in the dharma initiative film, they mentioned a man named b.f skinner, a famous scientist. He studied the effects of aversive stimuli.

He was a proud admirer of Thomas Hobbes, a philosipher that believed that everyone was born evil. He was a strong competetor of John Locke who believed everyone was born good.smile

choosewisely
that could fit in 1 post yes

rickyduck
yer but i found it out at different times

rickyduck
I also found out that John Locke influenced Hans Oersted, the one who discovered magnetism. This cant all be a coincidence. Its to complex to be one.

Cringe
Interesting theory. I dont know but it just seems too complicated to force on the audience of a television show.

_Sanctuary_
Hmmm.. Intriguing...

rickyduck

rickyduck

_Sanctuary_
Interesting... Kinda crazy.. But interesting..

rickyduck
i think im working to hard

_Sanctuary_
Nah, I do the same sorta thing when I get interested in something... You just can't stop! It's cool anyway!

rickyduck
hmmmmmmmmm

Talking_Owl
I think that theory is on the right track, but it has some flaws.

rickyduck
yer. im just trying to figure out some stuff about john locke having relations to the philosipher

PsychoFreeak
I would read that but my brain hurts just looking at it atm.

rickyduck
lol

_Sanctuary_
It's good yes

Knuckles X 20
intresting and hey all just finished watchin season 1 im in the uk i like the russo blokes theory imissed a few episodes of season 1 anyone wanna tell me whats down that hella big shaft

rickyduck
theres already a thread about the hatch isnt there?

Lord Magnus
Dude...

rickyduck
yes?

Itzak

rickyduck
click on the link its got pictures

Lord Magnus
Two flaws; A) where does it say Locke has no feeling in his legs? That was just in the episode when the island was trying to take away his ability to walk, which hasn't been totally explained. And it was Locke--not Boone--that received the vision. Secondly, the black fog is the monster. The Oerstead thing ain't no coincidence, though, that's for sure.

rickyduck
As the dharma initiative followed in B.F Skinners footsteps they could of bought a private island or something and modified it to create an island just like the one mentioned in the book WALDEN II. But as it said, religious people came down hard on this book. These could be 'The Others.' They are old scientists who worked in the hatch. Then they stole the children away from the workers to bring them up free. But the island tries to fight against this, trying to send the children back to there family so they can work in the hatch aswell. This is why the writing from walt happened at exactly the same time as when micheal was looking at it.

Also the island wants to protect the people who had done good things, or who were important to the island. Lockes leg managed to hurt at exactly the same time as they got to the plane, so he didnt have to go up, as it would of killed him. It also happened because Charlie had killed one of the others, ethan rom, who was trying to capture claire to help the babies. If he had gone into the plane (because of the heroine,) he might of been in danger aswell. Arst died saving Jack, as he had helped the survivors staying alive, which would help the island as it needed as many people as possible in the hatch. But i dont know why shannon died.

Lord Magnus
Cause she was a loser character and Sayid needed to get over himself.

rickyduck
they all were losers, There lost!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the crappest joke ever.

Lord Magnus
Get Lost, Rickyduck.

rickyduck
Originally posted by Lord Magnus
Get Lost, Rickyduck.

HAHA!!!!!!!!!!! laughing eek!

new version:

http://www.4815162342.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7712&start=75

rickyduck

rickyduck
This theory says: the CC brought the plane down . It simulated a plane about to crash, ensured everybody had passed out, brought the surviving unconscious passengers and plane parts down gently, kept them asleep for a period (maybe hours, maybe years), scattered debris, injured some, and then woke them in different places - in a tree, next to an engine, in the sea etc..

As they slept, the Others - those scientists and their offspring that still adhered to the Dharma plan - removed combs and hairbrushes from the plane/passengers. The tiny electrostatic intereference that brushing hair causes would make it difficult for the CC to tamper with their minds.

In the very first shot of Lost we see the CC/black fog:

As Jack awoke, the black fog that had placed him there ascended into the canopy. He blinked and it was gone. Not a pupil dilated, but a reflection!

..........But this was not the first time on the island for many of them. They had been born to continue the Dharma work - to protect the island and the CC; for while the CC is powerful it is still reliant on human beings.

They had been born on the island as part of Dharma. A long time ago, one scientist had taken exception to the treatment of children as part of such a project and sabotaged it. He/she deliberately prevented entry of the code numbers into the hatch computer, and so the Hanso satellite - as its programmed function as a security failsafe - zapped the area of the hatch. Four people were killed in this 'incident' (as it was referred to in the Orientation film), including Hanso himself; two scientists lost arms - Dr. Marvin Candle and Ray Mullen (the farmer who handed Kate over to the police (and possibly her real father)). The dead were laid to rest on the island and were found as 'Adam and Eve' by our heroes.

Back to the 'incident': using the inferno as a distraction, the rebel scientist freed several of the children. Among them was a boy who he/she later named 'Ethan Rom' as this child was 'MORE THAN' just a test subject! These freed children make up the Renegade Others who have lived on the island since 1967/8; by now they are onto the second generation . The Dharma Initiative, severely weakened by the loss of Alvar Hanso, his funding, and other key scientists could not scour the island for the children, but concentrated on achieving the original Dharma vision of world peace, before their US Army patrons could swoop in and ruin everything.

Following the 'incident', Hanso's US Army patrons decided it should be dissolved. The Dharma scientists resisted - and do to this day - using the very weapons the US Army had funded, they fortified the island. The greatest weapon in the arsenal being the CC.

They managed to get the remainder of the children secretly and intermittently sent out into the world and given to foster parents as part of the Dharma project. They were all placed with trusted Dharma devotees as parents, and were conditioned over the course of their lives for their particular future purposes on the island.

After years of conditioning and guidance remotely by the CC (according to the principles of BF Skinner) in the outside world, our heroes were - one way or another - delivered onto the same flight out of Sydney.

As time passes on the island, it will become clearer what part each survivor should play, if any. To keep the project alive, the CC must endure. Therefore, they need replacements: as part of the CC itself, to push the buttons, to maintain the island's defences, and to keep the secrets secret. As well as embodying the Dharma vision of a new world order of peace and co-operation (by coercion), our heroes are on the island to continue the work. Specifically: Hurley's whole aim in life has always been to input the numbers; not only is he already obsessed with them, he has also been conditioned to survive in that indoor, claustrophobic environment, with nothing but TV meals and music to sustain him. Hurley seems to be unlucky when it comes to electrical equipment - fuses burn out etc - this was a deliberate strategy of the CC to discourage Hurley from meddling with electrical equipment - an essential attitude for long hours down in the hatch bored out of his mind. And now he seems to have found a hatch buddy in Libby... more reasons to stay in.

Hurley had two electromagnets clamped to his head for most of season 1: his headphones are a metaphor for how much he is controlled by the CC.

Also, specifically: Walt has been conditioned to eventually become part of the CC - to replace one of the withered old scientists with electrodes attached to his head behind the concrete; this is why, throughout his life, the CC has made sure he was surrounded by electromagnetic phenomena - e.g. the bird that hit the window. He has a pseudo-affinity with magnetism, by which I mean: the CC has, to an extent, acted on Walt's will and wishes so that he gets used to that sort of power... he's being trained, but he doesn't know it.

Walt is becoming increasingly familiar with 'visualizing' and guiding metal objects - even though it is actually the CC doing this on his behalf.

The intention is to train Walt to use his mind to guide objects as the CC does. At the moment, the CC is doing all the work, but one day, Walt will have the power. At the moment, he seems to have some kind of access to the CC technology as he is able to project his image across the island; that his voice is reversed may be because the CC is censoring him or because he is not yet familiar with the technology and is making a fundamental mistake.

No-one knows what will happen in the end. One guess is that our survivors will discover the island's purpose - and their purpose on it - and will decide to stay because they like it, have nothing good to return to now and want to continue the Dharma project of world peace in defending the CC.

Now: on the island, the CC continues to manipulate our heroes. Locke is the most obvious case: he is beholden to the CC because it gave him the ability to walk. The evidence for this is: Locke cannot FEEL his legs but he can walk.

...notice the electro-convulsive equipment next to Locke's lame legs - to stimulate muscle even though he cannot walk. Also: their is a scene in which Locke is dragged along the ground by the black fog; this is made easier for an electromagnetic foe as Locke has metal pins in his legs!

Others are manipulated (according to BF Skinner's ideas) by playing on their weaknesses, addictions, or beliefs - the voices in the trees. It is even able to induce visions in those that are physically or mentally vulnerable. This it has been doing to a degree all their lives.

...notice the resemblance to the Dharma logo.

rickyduck
Even their guardians were privy to their fate.

Kate's foster father, as an example, was on the island as a US Army liaison officer, (after Korea) to ensure they were getting their money's worth from Hanso's weapons research; he was converted by the Dharma ideal and took a daughter away with him; and, as part of his new peace-loving outlook, he decided he did not have 'murder in his heart' and took a desk-job in an Army recruitment office. Many of the survivors have father issues beyond what would normally be expected of a random cross-section of people on a plane. This is attributable to how their guardians treated/conditioned/trained them for their future purposes. In Jack's case, his foster father tried to be stern with him as a child, in an attempt to keep him at a distance emotionally; however, the cold surgeon grew to love his particular child subject and the dilemma of having to eventually give him away to such a bleak purpose tore him apart slowly; he turned to drink; (in the Australian bar, he recognized Jack as possibly being a 'great man' thus acknowledging a purpose beyond surgery); in the end, he was summoned to Australia and was killed so as to lure Jack there. Jack's father wanted to pick up the phone and tell him that he loved him, but he could not because he was 'weak'; in fact, Jack's father understood there would be consequences from the Dharma Initiative if he did this; indeed, this wavering precipitated his death - he was becoming a liability.

This cycle is repeated throughout Lost. A foster parent comes to love their charge and ultimately betrays the Dharma Initiative, resulting in tragedy. Alternatively, the foster parent remains on the Dharma path and so remains emotionally distant from their charges - as in Locke's case. The purposes for which the children were always intended are lonely, demanding, and requiring resourcefulness; their lives were designed to engineer just the right kind of people for life on the fortress island.

The exact purposes of the remaining survivors are unknown: perhaps more than Walt will be required for the new CC, and Hurley needs a partner for inputting numbers. Certainly, there needs to be a Dharma-style community in place to support the island and particularly if the truth of what happened to them is uncovered. They need to feel that they are part of something great rather than mere subjects manipulated and controlled all their lives.

There are some grand themes in Lost as presented in this theory, such as: free-will versus pre-destination. The CC acts like God, controlling every aspect of their lives to prepare them for a higher purpose... But do the ends justify the means? And do we have free-will if we are purely the sum of every experience in our lives? etc. etc..

There is more, but that's the gist. I have to go to bed; it's been a long day.

FAQ
Q. How can Claire remain pregnant (and other things keep) throughout suspended animation?
A. In theory, all bodily functions are suspended - including the growth of a fetus. Other objects, if stored correctly - out of sunlight, in dry cool conditions - will not age. Perishable goods can be frozen or replaced.

Q. What is the significance of the individual numbers of the satellite code number: 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42?
A. There is no intrinsic significance of the numbers beyond the show. They are not an obscure occult reference or have any scientific/mathematical relevance whatsoever. They are the passcode that stops the satellite from zapping the hatch - the security system to protect the island and its secrets. Within the realms of me making things up about Lost: the fact that the numbers get larger suggests arithmetic progression; the numbers are minutes adding up to 108 minutes (the time it takes the satellite to orbit the earth); the satellite is asked to perform a task at 4 minutes, then 8 minutes later, then 15 minutes later and so on, but what that is probably doesn't matter.

Q. The poles have reversed many times in the past and has not caused a cataclysm. What's the big deal?
A. Scientific opinion varies on this. The important thing, as far as Lost is concerned, is that the world BELIEVES a catastrophic polar reversal-type cataclysm has occurred and that the Dharma Initiative has re-inforced this belief with sufficiently convincing illusion. It's not the end of the world - just the end of the old world order.

Q. This theory is too complex for a TV audience, isn't it?
A. Yes, this written is too complex, but in the form a TV show with good editing and better - more concise - writing, it could all be explained in one episode - maybe two; let's call them Revelation parts 1 and 2.

Q. What about Ana-Lucia - and Kate - experiencing the actual crash: this contradicts the suspended animation theory.
A. Ana-Lucia wakes up in the water - we do not see her ACTUALLY hit the water; in the same way, Jack was placed in the jungle, having had a metal shard inserted in his side, and then woken up, Ana was simply put in the water and woken up. As for Kate, providing she was telling the truth about experiencing the actual crash (she has lied quite a few times before), she was either mistaken or misled by the CC.

Q. But we see the tail-end of the plane hit the water! It did crash!
A. We do see the tail-end hit the water; but we do not see any passengers hit the water. Perhaps, this would be too graphic for a TV audience... but perhaps the CC threw this debris to the earth as part of the staging of the crash. We see an empty seat hit the beach and fly at the camera. Also, we see the tail bits coming down...then a black screen with the words "Day 1"........THEN we see Ana in the water.

Q. How do you explain Walt's appearances?
A. Walt is with the Scientist Others, near or in the CC area; he is either being allowed to use - or is somehow hacking into - their technology. In the same way that Jack's father was projected, Walt is being projected; however they are reversing the audio so he can't really give anything away. He is being trained, hence "special boy".

Q. The idea of a CC, as described here, is too easy. Electromagnetism covers virtually everything in the universe - it's a licence to make up anything.
A. Almost, but not quite: the CC has its limitations......for instance, it may only be able to work on a global scale VIA THE SATELLITE - so it is not omnipresent, but dependent on orbits for coverage. Unfortunately, one of the few tangible things in Lost that could be considered 'evidence' (as opposed to a potential trick) is the big electromagnet in the hatch. A lot of this theory is extrapolation from that point. It might also be noted that a lot of seemingly impossible things have happened in the show that a group of largely intelligent survivors have been unable to rationally explain. If the answer wasn't slightly fantastical, I wouldn't believe it.

Q. What is the black smoke - and is it different to the black fog?
A. The column of black smoke that has been occasionally visible from the beach was man-made; the Renegade Others burn certain material to cast metal particles and general guff into the air so as to provide cover against the CC - like chaff from a jet. The black fog, on the other hand, is fine metal dust in the electromagnetic control of the CC.

Q. Do you work for ABC or another company 'running interference'?
A. No. I am actually this sad.

I will add more FAQs after wading through the original post...

Caveat: I don't necessarily agree with any of this theory: please do not take it too seriously: please do not send me threatening emails.... or, at least be original.

FULL VERSION ON LINK ABOVE

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.