phsico mantis vs gray fox

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darth plo koon
ok i tryed the search button couldnt find this what do you think

phsico would win ...UNLESS ninja plugs the joypad into port 2

Wetari
Lol... Mantis would win unless the Greyfox has a "Controller Port 2"

darth plo koon
hehe

kamikz
LMAO.

(on topic)
No, I wouldent say that.

It is possible to hurt him without that, it is just very, very hard. Also remember that Pshyco reads minds, he can forsee what he is going to do, but that doesent mean he is fast enough to dodge it. Fox can move so fast he cannot be seen, he would be able to run up to him, invisible, and chop his head off.

There isent much that Pshyco has that would damage Fox either.

Thanks for making this thread, darth Plo Koon. Usually, threads here are boring cause I don't know alot about the characters (or the same are in every thread making it boring) but I know alot from Metal Gear, and I havent debated much with people about it.

Thanks again.

Wetari
I actually don't really agree with you saying that hes not fast enough to dodge it, since if you try to shoot a bullet at him he just moves out of the way, I only managed to hit him twice with the famas using a gameshark lol.

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by kamikz
Fox can move so fast he cannot be seen, he would be able to run up to him, invisible, and chop his head off.

but reading the mind , complimented by very strong telekinesis are the so called shield and sword that psychomantis needs to combat

if I read that the impulse in your mind was going to move a certain way, I could avoid it before hand.. thus not necessarily needing to be fast since it was done in advance

in a way its very close to spider mans "spider sense".. but more amplified since this person is a warfare psychic

kamikz
Originally posted by Wetari
I actually don't really agree with you saying that hes not fast enough to dodge it, since if you try to shoot a bullet at him he just moves out of the way, I only managed to hit him twice with the famas using a gameshark lol.

Fox can parry machineguns without even trying, he is damn fast.
Remember in the end where you fought him in the laboratory, he jumped around in the whole room destroying everything in there, you couldent see him, just his sword. Fox can also let electricety go through his body damaging anyone close to him, often killing them (as seen in the VR missions on the PC version).

It is possible to punch Pshyco in the face, it's just hard.

Most of Pshycos attacks are fireballs and electrical shocks and tossing around objects, neither of those would hurt Fox much at all. Snake resisted when the whole room was seet on fire, I belive Fox with his armor that can resist being trampled by Metal Gear and a machine gun to the head would survive those things.

Where is this fight?

It would be a very hard battle though.

IcePunk
Fox got rammed into a concrete wall by Metal gear REX, survived it, but shortly after that, he got crushed against the ground by it. Fox wins.

PS : how can you guys be so sure that Mantis can read a cyborgs mind? It's more complex than a normal human mind, (I think)

kamikz
Originally posted by IcePunk
Fox got rammed into a concrete wall by Metal gear REX, survived it, but shortly after that, he got crushed against the ground by it. Fox wins.

PS : how can you guys be so sure that Mantis can read a cyborgs mind? It's more complex than a normal human mind, (I think)

Agreed.

Gouki
I don't really know how a cyborg works, but it should be very hard for Psycho Mantis to trace his actions.

Kaithen
Originally posted by Gouki
I don't really know how a cyborg works, but it should be very hard for Psycho Mantis to trace his actions.

Yes, Fox mind is really ****ed up. He gets shocks through his body and he can't really think for himself (his mind gets controll over him). To read his mind wouldent be the same as reading his actions.

SaTsuJiN
I was under the impression that he underwent extensive gene therapy, and his 'exoskeleton' is really a suit..

electronics would be even easier for a psychic of his magnitude to manipulate.. snake is very strong willed.. a true soldier.. which is why he wasnt so easily controlled.. the power of suggestion is truely amazing

kamikz
Fox is also a strong willed, true soldier. He tells Snake in the end, he always followed orders, even when he had to fight his best friend, just like Snake. I bet he could have resisted it too. Where is the proof that Snake has more willpower than Fox? Fox kept on fighting no matter what, even though he lost his arm, his armor was broke, and Metal Gear had pretty much crushed every bone in his body.

I don't see how Pshyco could dodge every single attack Fox pulls at him. We can see in the end of the laboratory fight that Fox moves faster than the eye can see and destroys pretty much everything there, he could do the same thing here. We really need to know where they are, is the room big or not? If it isent then Pshyco cannot dodge it.

None of Pshycos attacks can hurt Fox really. Electricety, nope he absorbe that in his suit. Fire, nope doesent work, Snake wasent even hurt by Pshycos fire when he set the whole room ablaze. He would have to fight for a long, long time before he got his armor to break, then he would be dead.

It is possible to hit Pshyco, you just need to shoot him from pretty close distance. Fox could surley hit him, what would Mantis have to do all the fight, well pretty much dodge everything he can, leaving no oppertunities to fight.

id369
I give the match to Fox.

I really doubt Mantis can read Fox's mind. Fox on the other hand owns Mantis in every other physical attribute.

Wetari
Fox would win, if Mantis has even one screw up then he'll get sliced into a million ( and one ) pieces and also hes not perfect since I could shoot him with a FAMAS even though it took around half an hour. Fox could also use controller port 2 since hes a cyborg, you never know if he has a Playstation inside him or just an extra port lol.

robbyalp
I don't think Snake was really set on fire, it was probably an illusion...
I mean, he is Snake, and he is wearing that suit, but he would still be burnt. You can't just 'resist' fire. I personally don't think Psycho Mantis can summon fire.

And I agree that Psycho Mantis would probably have trouble reading his mind, but i'm sure he would be able to predict most of his moves.
And I also agree that the Ninja is very fast, maybe too fast for even Psycho Mantis.
But I think the reason Snake could beat Psycho Mantis is because he subdues his thoughts or whatever, and managed to clear his mind, not because he was super fast or whatever. I doubt the Ninja has the patience or self-control to do that.
And, we know that Snake is probably faster than Gray Fox, because he beats him fair and square in the room with Otacon. If you consider this, then it's most likely that Psycho Mantis would win.
And all the stuff people are saying Psycho Mantis not being able to hurt Gray Fox... Look, he's strong, but not invincible. Even Gray Fox can't ignore a stone statue being slammed into his face.

kamikz
Originally posted by robbyalp
I don't think Snake was really set on fire, it was probably an illusion...
I mean, he is Snake, and he is wearing that suit, but he would still be burnt. You can't just 'resist' fire. I personally don't think Psycho Mantis can summon fire.

And I agree that Psycho Mantis would probably have trouble reading his mind, but i'm sure he would be able to predict most of his moves.
And I also agree that the Ninja is very fast, maybe too fast for even Psycho Mantis.
But I think the reason Snake could beat Psycho Mantis is because he subdues his thoughts or whatever, and managed to clear his mind, not because he was super fast or whatever. I doubt the Ninja has the patience or self-control to do that.
And, we know that Snake is probably faster than Gray Fox, because he beats him fair and square in the room with Otacon. If you consider this, then it's most likely that Psycho Mantis would win.
And all the stuff people are saying Psycho Mantis not being able to hurt Gray Fox... Look, he's strong, but not invincible. Even Gray Fox can't ignore a stone statue being slammed into his face.

Is that why the picture on the wall burned down? Comon, Snake withstands lightning, why not fire. Also, Mantis can create lightning balls, I woulden't be surprised if he could create fire. Though the thought about everything being an illusion has struck my mind.

About Fox being able to clear his mind or not is unable to say here, but my bets would be that he could. If his speed didn't manage to outdue Mantis then he would find another solution.
And Snake is not faster than Fox. Fox moves so fast that his arms cannot be seen when he reflects bullets and can jump around a room without being seen. (And I don't mean with a stealth generator). Snake beated him because of better unarmed skills and awesome reflexes. Also, Fox wasen't down for count, he was beaten down on the ground by Snake, but he wasen't out. He stood up 6 seconds later, but then escaped (because of the drugs). I think he would have lost to Snake anyway, but as I said, he was far from down.

Fox armor withstood shots from a machine gun in the head and it didn't even slow him down, he also managed to fight without an arm and being smashed into a wall, then Metal Gear had trouble stepping on him to destroy him. A statue woulden't do anything to him, it woulden't even get a chance to hit him. If he can deflect bullets from 3 machine guns without even trying, and cutting down the roof from a room with ease, then a statue woulden't be anything for him to parry either. I don't see anything coming through Fox armor unless he stands still and let's Mantis hit him over and over with stuff.

Stalker 360
mantis gets raped here come on guys if he could read foxs mind and thats a big if he couldnt move in time to no be hit and on slice from his sword and no more mantis its that easy really

robbyalp
Yeah, very good points.
I guess Fox would probably win.
Hey, what about vamp vs mantis, who would win out of those two

kamikz
Thanks Robbyalp.

I think Vamp would win, big time. I'm not even sure he can be killed yet. He's going to be in the next Metal Gear game, apparently he never died. He gets shot in the head and still gets up. And I would put his speed at equal to Fox's.
Vamp jumps over Raiden's head, and stands behind him just looking at him, and Raiden hasen't even reacted to where he is, he is still bending his head upwards to look in the roof. Vamp jumped 5 meters faster than Raiden moved his head to look up in the roof.

And he can dodge bullets too. Vamp says himself that he sees how the muscles in the body bends, where they are going to point there guns, when they are going to shoot. He knows precisley where, when and how they are going to strike/fire their weapon.

robbyalp
Np mate
Yeah thats true, Vamp is very fast, and very hard (maybe even impossible) to kill, but:
Psycho Mantis can tell what people are going to do with his psychic powers, and Vamp can tell what people are going to do by predicting where their muscles will go etc
So both will just stand there trying to predict each others movements
and then it would go all crazy
E.g Vamp throws his knife, and psycho mantis predicts and dodges it, but Vamp predicts where he's going and throws his knife there, but Psycho Mantis predicts that and... well so on.
Thats just my theory, though

kamikz
Originally posted by robbyalp
Np mate
Yeah thats true, Vamp is very fast, and very hard (maybe even impossible) to kill, but:
Psycho Mantis can tell what people are going to do with his psychic powers, and Vamp can tell what people are going to do by predicting where their muscles will go etc
So both will just stand there trying to predict each others movements
and then it would go all crazy
E.g Vamp throws his knife, and psycho mantis predicts and dodges it, but Vamp predicts where he's going and throws his knife there, but Psycho Mantis predicts that and... well so on.
Thats just my theory, though

Yeah it would go like that for hours. But in the end Mantis will be the one to loose, he would be totally pumped out, he's the one that has to move all the time. Vamp is so fast he can run on walls and water (and he has no grip on them like Spider Man does) and is excellent with knifes. Long fight, but Vamp's life would not be threatend I belive.

SaTsuJiN
it would be funny if mantis just got really annoyed and made them kill themselves

kamikz
LMAO. Yeah, but I doubt he could control Vamp's mind, or even kill him for that sake. He survived beeing blown up in a church by a bomb when he was 10 years old.

robbyalp
Well, me and my friend concluded that Psycho Mantis would get confused trying to predict everything and his head would explode

If his head didn't explode though, yeah I agree that it would be a long fight and Vamp would eventually win.

kamikz
LMAO.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.