President Luthor vs Dictator Doom

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Malo
Assume Luthor is President of the United States. Dr.Doom has been the leader of a united Europe for 5 years, though England and the Scandinavian states have regional autonomy. These two go to war against each other. With no prep. Who wins?

No superhero help. Only real Dc earth villians can help Lex.
And only real Marvel Earth Villians can help Doom.
What i mean by real is only Villians that you feel would help them in a war..cuase of freinship or something els.

tiakocom
Originally posted by Malo
Assume Luthor is President of the United States. Dr.Doom has been the leader of a united Europe for 5 years, though England and the Scandinavian states have regional autonomy. These two go to war against each other. With no prep. Who wins?

What i mean by real is only Villians that you feel would help them in a war..cuase of freinship or something els.

luthor has nothin on doom not even in his wildest dreams

inamilist
lol

well, the question you ARE asking is more geo-political than heroic. And in that conflict america wins. Handily. No contest. Without the scandanivian regions and britain you basically have a bunch of countries whoes people hate eachother and have a failing economy (yay mass generalizations). Not even doom can make up for that
America 10/10

but if its a war between equal powers with luthor on one side and doom on the other, doom rocks it 9/10

DrDoom101
Doom makes an army of 5000 doombots. He wins.

Superherovandal
DC America? He pummels Doom especially with B13 tech and the temporal cannon attop LexTowers.

Jose123

cause of friendship? then that leaves no one on either lex or dooms side.

If doom has had sufficient time to plan then yes Doom wins. Otherwise united europe is a crater in less than a month.

spetznaz
Originally posted by Jose123
cause of friendship? then that leaves no one on either lex or dooms side.

If doom has had sufficient time to plan then yes Doom wins. Otherwise united europe is a crater in less than a month.

Hmmm ...it would take 30 minutes for nuclear ICBMs based on the continental US to reach Russia, thus to strike Europe would take a few minutes less.
And if the missiles are SLBMs coming from our nuke missile Submarines it would take far less than 30 minutes.
With the amount of nukes the US has, and the size of the European country area Doom would be in control over, the entire place would be totally saturated in radiation.

Now, Doom may survive.
However Europe will not.

Unless Doom's prep time can take less than 30 minutes and work against thousands of incoming bogeys.

Lex wins with the push of a button.

Tron
Y'all speak as if Doom isn't already prepared for any kind of airborne attack. There's a reason no one f*cks with Latveria. Latverian defenses detect missiles: Missiles neutralized, and rather easily. Next?

Oh, and Doom could wipe out the White House with Lex's Oval Office as ground zero just as easy, if not easier. And don't forget that Doom has a very large ally in the sea, Namor and all of Atlantis, who have been just looking for an excuse to wage war on those damn airbreathers. Now, think about that.

The way I see it, this becomes more like a cold war than anything, each trying to one up the other, but I'm gonna have to side with the man that's punked out cosmic beings, and who singlehandedly took over a small country and made it into one of the top 3 most powerful nations in the world (Wakanka also being on that list).

Jose123
Originally posted by spetznaz
Hmmm ...it would take 30 minutes for nuclear ICBMs based on the continental US to reach Russia, thus to strike Europe would take a few minutes less.
And if the missiles are SLBMs coming from our nuke missile Submarines it would take far less than 30 minutes.
With the amount of nukes the US has, and the size of the European country area Doom would be in control over, the entire place would be totally saturated in radiation.

Now, Doom may survive.
However Europe will not.

Unless Doom's prep time can take less than 30 minutes and work against thousands of incoming bogeys.

Lex wins with the push of a button.

doom has been president for five years. that gives him plenty of time to plan. And if it was him who starts the war then it goes to show that he is prepared.

That nuke scenario is a good example of what might happen. except for the fact that no one would ever send Thousands of NUCLEAR missiles exploding all at the same time on earth. It would not only harm europe but every part of the world. they might send 5 to a dozen and unless doom isn't prepared then it will kill him.

and this Is doom if he was the one that started the hostilities then it is safe to assume he is going to be prepared for nukes and would have taken steps to stop,shield from them,or destroy them before they ever landed anywhere near. if he isn't prepared and he didn't start the war then it safe to assume that he would not be prepared yet and would be left a smoking crater in less than a hour.

So to the topic creator.

Is it doom that starts the hostilities?
Does doom have 5 years worth of prep time or has he been twiddling his thumbs for the last 5 years?

inamilist
Originally posted by Tron
Y'all speak as if Doom isn't already prepared for any kind of airborne attack. There's a reason no one f*cks with Latveria. Latverian defenses detect missiles: Missiles neutralized, and rather easily. Next?

Oh, and Doom could wipe out the White House with Lex's Oval Office as ground zero just as easy, if not easier. And don't forget that Doom has a very large ally in the sea, Namor and all of Atlantis, who have been just looking for an excuse to wage war on those damn airbreathers. Now, think about that.

The way I see it, this becomes more like a cold war than anything, each trying to one up the other, but I'm gonna have to side with the man that's punked out cosmic beings, and who singlehandedly took over a small country and made it into one of the top 3 most powerful nations in the world (Wakanka also being on that list).

i think people are comparing the might of a united europe vs america, only europe doesnt get britain, norway, sweeden or finland (probably the 4 most important, most prosperous and powerful nations in europe today. i wont debate this one though)

and from a geo-political standpoint, doom could have 10 years of prep time and still loose. It has nothing to do with nuclear weapons because france has enough to leave america smouldering. well, at least not in the classic sense, it would be tactical nukes. hit this strongpoint, route enemie forces in this direction, force nuclear fallout.

Without Britain, there would NEVER be any troops able to land on american soil in wartime. Doombots are differant, but remember, Europe doesnt have the same type of established military industrial complex as America, and it is CURRENT american policy to stay at least 2(i think) generations ahead of all other nations militarily. So America TODAY without luthor would be MORE than capable of destroying doombots, especially if they were being built in EUROPE where the CIA and other intelligence agencies have thousands of operatives making sure that no european nation is building "doombots"

The biggest problem however is that this is not only the same war that America's army is built for, its a war they have fought twice and won, and its a war they planned to fight all the way through the cold war. Give America full control of NORAD (which would bring canada into the mix, not fair at all if europe doesnt get britain/scandanavia) and the europeans never get a plane accross the ocean.

This never brings up the fact that today europe doesnt have a united army. Or that the people of each nation can't even get along for long enough to pass a budget, let alone go to war against to worlds ONLY superpower?

God, im not even going to keep going, but there is no way that, given the europe (crippled) vs America thing, Doom pulls this off under real world conditions. None. This isnt comics, its a fact of life.

now.

Luthor get country L in the middle of the atlantic

Doom gets country D in the middle of the pacific

they know in 20 years they have to go to war, they each get access to the same natural resourses.

Doom wins 10/10

Superherovandal
yeah but I doubt that Doom has countermeasures against a temporal cannon which was used to defeat an Imperiex souped B13 Warworld. plus since Maxwell Lord fought on Lex's side before he died then the OMACs most likely would as well so the Doombot threat is nullified.

Mider
is doom really any better then Luthor especially with his new powers? That would be an awsome fight actually Doom vs Luthor wearing his full on armor or Luthor in his super adrenaline pumped state with green vains cause of his adrenline ducking it out with Doom in his own armor then below there armies going at it dooms doombots vs Luthors B13 technology.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Superherovandal
DC America? He pummels Doom especially with B13 tech and the temporal cannon attop LexTowers.

I thought that temperal storm took all the B13 tech abck to its proper time back when Majestic came to Metropolis

England and the Scandinavian states have regional autonomy.

really? what about all the other British countries? what about Ireland?

cheap cabbage
Originally posted by Superherovandal
yeah but I doubt that Doom has countermeasures against a temporal cannon which was used to defeat an Imperiex souped B13 Warworld. plus since Maxwell Lord fought on Lex's side before he died then the OMACs most likely would as well so the Doombot threat is nullified.

Luthor's B13 tech is crazy powerful, but i didn't do crap to warworld. THe temporal cannon was used to shoot at Apokolips which pretty much blew up part of Darkseids planet and got him really pissed. Wouldn't do much to imperiex. All he did was help open a portal to the big bang. Imperiex souped B13 warworld got its ass handed to it by the one and only sun-dipped superman. What the hell is a temporal cannon anyway. Temporal means it bends time. How does that do damage?

inamilist
Originally posted by Scoobless

really? what about all the other British countries? what about Ireland?

they are meaningless in this debate

even with all of the non England british isles and the scandinavian countries that arent Norway, sweeden or finland (denmark, iceland, greenland) its no contest

let me put it this way. Europe, united, viod of all sociopolitical infighting, looses 20/10 times. with england, with scandanavia

AcousticDoc
I like adoom a lot but in this situation I say luthor wins due to the super villains help. Luthor has employed hundreds of meta humans in his lifetime and so he has connection to almost every meta criminal in America and beyond. Doom is usually more independant and relies on his creations to fight people instead of hiring help. For this sole reason, I think luthor would win.

cheap cabbage
Originally posted by AcousticDoc
I like adoom a lot but in this situation I say luthor wins due to the super villains help. Luthor has employed hundreds of meta humans in his lifetime and so he has connection to almost every meta criminal in America and beyond. Doom is usually more independant and relies on his creations to fight people instead of hiring help. For this sole reason, I think luthor would win.

I second this comment, but for a different reason. Luthor yes has no qualms about using others to achieve his goals. But Doom's ego is bigger than the universe. "Doom needs the help of no man!" comes out of his mouth every 3 seconds. The man is to proud to use help on any large scale because it diminishes him.

Superherovandal
thats one of the reasons why he will never TRULY win. and the fact he can't accept that he could make a mistake.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.