Anybody a Jedi Apprentice fan?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Master Fisto
just curious if im the only one who enjoyed that series...

Twilight Janick
What's Jedi Apprentice? If you talk about Padawans, canon or not, I'm a fan of Jukassa. If you talk about some kind of TV show in which Vader made an appearance, then I didn't watch any of them.

Lord Matreid
Originally posted by Twilight Janick
What's Jedi Apprentice? If you talk about Padawans, canon or not, I'm a fan of Jukassa. If you talk about some kind of TV show in which Vader made an appearance, then I didn't watch any of them.

You know, the book series!

I enjoyed most of them. smile

Master Fisto
i think they're my favorite series...

Captain REX
Jedi Apprentice? That's the one with Obi-Wan, right?

calvin44
Originally posted by Captain REX
Jedi Apprentice? That's the one with Obi-Wan, right?
ya, it gives you more insight to obi-wan and qui-gon, thus making the phantom menace more complete.

Ianus
I thought Cloak of Deception already did that.

SnakeEyes
The Jedi Apprentice series is mediocre, at best. I enjoyed the books when I was little, but then when I got a bit older, I started reading the actual novels and discovered that they were so much better.

Captain REX
Agreed.

But anything is better than the series with Trioculus and Prince Ken...

Ianus
lol

Council#13
I like Jedi Apprentice!

Darth Sparhawk
I also like "Jedi Apprentice". I think that it is much better than most of the adult SW series. Xanatos is my favourite EU villain.

Council#13
Woot! Xanatos is so bad @$$!!! Ona Nobis is really powerful also

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by Darth Sparhawk
I also like "Jedi Apprentice". I think that it is much better than most of the adult SW series. Xanatos is my favourite EU villain.

Are you series? You really think that the Jedi Apprentice books are better than most of the adult Star Wars novels? How many of the novels have you actually read, because I can assure you that the Jedi Apprentice series doesn't even come close to novels such as:

-Labyrinth of Evil
-Cloak of Deception
-The Thrawn Trilogy
-Shatterpoint
-The Cestus Deception
-Dark Rendezvous
-The entire NJO series
-I, Jedi
-The Rogue Squadron series

I could go on, but I think you get my point.

As for Xanatos being your favorite EU villain; to each his own, I guess.

calvin44
cestus deception is the best.

Darth Sparhawk
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Are you series?
You really think that the Jedi Apprentice books are better than most of the adult Star Wars novels? How many of the novels have you actually read, because I can assure you that the Jedi Apprentice series doesn't even come close to novels such as:

-Labyrinth of Evil

-Cloak of Deception
-The Thrawn Trilogy
-Shatterpoint
-The Cestus Deception
-Dark Rendezvous
-The entire NJO series
-I, Jedi
-The Rogue Squadron series

I could go on, but I think you get my point.

As for Xanatos being your favorite EU villain; to each his own, I guess.

I like the Apprentice series more than NJO or hand of Thrawn. On par with original Thrawn trilogy - that's for me. I like it better than Anderson'books about Exar Kun and Daala, better than "Black Fleet Crisis"...
"Labyrinth of Evil", though, is truly great. My all-time Star Wars fave book is, however, Stover's "Revenge of the Sith".

SnakeEyes
But how could you like the series that much when it's aimed for younger children? The writing is dumbed down and the plots are less complicated/good.

Council#13
Originally posted by calvin44
cestus deception is the best.

hysterical
Oh, you were serious no expression

I think Labryinth of Evil was the best, even better than the Jedi Apprentice books

calvin44
i think I, jedi is one of the top 5.

Darth Sparhawk
But how could you like the series that much when it's aimed for younger children? The writing is dumbed down and the plots are less complicated/good.

It's a matter of taste, my friend. I liked the writing, the language was simple, truly, but if I want rich English I might try Dickens, not a Star Wars book. The plots might have been simple, but they entertained myself and really, I liked that the books are small and fast paced without endless babble about politics.
As I said, a matter of taste.

Master Fisto
i like the jedi apprentice series because watson keeps them moving and they always 'exciting'...even if they are for a younger audience.

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by Darth Sparhawk
It's a matter of taste, my friend. I liked the writing, the language was simple, truly, but if I want rich English I might try Dickens, not a Star Wars book. The plots might have been simple, but they entertained myself and really, I liked that the books are small and fast paced without endless babble about politics.
As I said, a matter of taste.

Of course, it does come down to taste... but I just couldn't resist questioning your motives when you said you thought the Jedi Apprentice series was better than the adult novels.

I, most definitely, do not read the Star Wars novels to expand my vocabulary. Hell, when would I need to talk about hydrospanners and hyperdrives in real life? (That was a rhetorical question by the way).

I'm also not saying that the Jedi Apprentice books are bad. I liked them back in the day, but the actual novels are just better overall. That is my personal taste, but it needs to be said. Richer plots, better character development, better action, more/better dialogue and they're overall, more in-depth.

Not to mention there are plenty of SW novels without "endless babble about politics."

Ginger16
It is not dumbed down theres alot of hard words in it I would know I'm 13. stick out tongue

SnakeEyes
It IS dumbed down, when compared to the adult novels; which was my point.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.