Could spidey beat wolvie with out webs?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

steverules
Who would win in a fight between in the two and spidey has no webbing, you can make up you're own idea why he has no webbing. But I just want to know what you guys think, so who wins?

willRules
Yes, I think he could. Without a spider-sense would be a real challenge IMO.

Zahit
He can grab Wolvie's hands and say "Why you stabbing yourself?"

tiakocom
Originally posted by Zahit
He can grab Wolvie's hands and say "Why you stabbing yourself?"

or he can say who's your daddy now.....lol

inamilist
spidey

10/10

lol

DarkCrawler
If you don't give Wolverine time to heal (Like Hulk does EVERY time he and Wolverine fight) You can overload his healing factor.

Arahan
Spidey vs Wolvi again? Just wait and Jinzin and Cre will rise^^

TwisterGameX
Yes he compared spiderman to the hulk. No spidey can not win with or without web but has a 50/50 chance with web.

inamilist
Originally posted by TwisterGameX
Yes he compared spiderman to the hulk. No spidey can not win with or without web but has a 50/50 chance with web.

how does wolvie touch him

he cant fly/jump/leap/do anything to counteract spiderman's mobility

TwisterGameX
Yes spiderman can fly ?

inamilist
does anyone understand how valuable of an asset mobility is in a fight like this

being able to determine HOW and WHEN you make meele combat with the oponent is priceless, especially when spiderman can JUMP out of harms way from wolverine

give him a wall, and wolvie sits there looking up at him saying "please dont hit me anymore"

TwisterGameX
So if you are twirling aropund and baraging spidey can dodge it all and not get hit while trying to hit wolverine ? Spidey is not the size of an ant....also the fact that Spiderman keeps running away as you say it(how does running away make you win. ok they dance for a while then spidey gets tired....

inamilist
speed: adv spiderman
str: adv spiderman
agi: adv spiderman

Spider sence (precognitive dodge, has worked against opponents with a much higher speed and fighting skill than wolvie)

please list the brawler/tank type characters who have been able to keep up with spiderman?

there is a reason he can beat the Hulk, its MOBILITY

hit and run tactics

TwisterGameX
So spiderman hits wolverine and runs away ? until he gets another chance ? I doubt that will beat wolverine...

inamilist
So spiderman hits wolverine and runs away ? until he gets another chance ? I doubt that will beat wolverine...

i doubt you know what you are talking about

Jose123
So if you are twirling aropund and baraging spidey can dodge it all and not get hit while trying to hit wolverine ? Spidey is not the size of an ant....also the fact that Spiderman keeps running away as you say it(how does running away make you win. ok they dance for a while then spidey gets tired....

then Spidey picks him up and throws him half a mile away. Wolverine shouldn't way more than 300 pounds.

TwisterGameX
Originally posted by Jose123
then Spidey picks him up and throws him half a mile away. Wolverine shouldn't way more than 300 pounds. Hmm spidey runs towards wolverine then picks him up and throws him...is spidey the freaking flash. I say he gets stabbed while spidey trys to throw him or has him in his arms.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by inamilist
i doubt you know what you are talking about We've all come to that conclusion. yes

TwisterGameX
i doubt you know what you are talking about you said hit and run right ? How is hit and run going to beat wolverine. Spidey gave wolverine a barage of hits and said he gives everything he got but wolvie smilies... so how isa punch here then run and then another punch there going to give him the win ?

Jose123
Hmm spidey runs towards wolverine then picks him up and throws him...is spidey the freaking flash. I say he gets stabbed while spidey trys to throw him or has him in his arms.

No he's not the flash but he is faster than Wolverine.

he can dodge the blows thanks to the spider sense.

Spidey doesn't even have to use both hands. The little guy doesn't way much by comic standards.

TwisterGameX
No he's not the flash but he is faster than Wolverine.

he can dodge the blows thanks to the spider sense.

Spidey doesn't even have to use both hands. The little guy doesn't way much by comic standards. Sure spidey can dodge but for how long and how is running away give spidey the win ? Also the martial arts master and experience thats stated in his bio..

Batman for examble is stronger than I dn shiva but shiva has mroe skills and whoops his as stime to time.

Tha C-Master
you said hit and run right ? How is hit and run going to beat wolverine. Spidey gave wolverine a barage of hits and said he gives everything he got but wolvie smilies... so how isa punch here then run and then another punch there going to give him the win ? In another comic he flicked him away, and wolverine still couldn't move... the inertia would be too much and his skeleton would make little difference against concussive force to begin with.

Jose123
Sure spidey can dodge but for how long and how is running away give spidey the win ?

who said anything about running away?

Wolverine:"RaWARRRR Im' the best their is at whay I do"
Spidey: I don;t have time for this. I got to get home to have butsekks with my wife.

dodge dodge grab throw.

match over.

TwisterGameX
who said anything about running away?

Wolverine:"RaWARRRR Im' the best their is at whay I do"
Spidey: I don;t have time for this. I got to get home to have butsekks with my wife.

dodge dodge grab throw.

match over.

Jokes jokes grabs get stabbed. match over

inamilist
ok

spiderman hits harder than wolverine

VERY hard

so pretend he isnt pulling his punches, ie, he is breaking concrete and smashing down steel doors. 15 tonnes isnt it?

wolverine will FEEL that. Spiderman lands 4 of these hits, + a kick or 2 during an attack from ABOVE that wolverine has almost no defence against

are you stupid enough to think that spiderman is going to let wolvie get within a foot of him

he will just repeatedly jump over 6' (way higher than wolvie can slash) and do the kick thing. He could seriously just jump circles around wolverine

now, why cant wolverine hit spiderman at this close combat:

1) Spiderman is larger. a longer range. a kick from spiderman comes at a range farther than wolvie can reach

2) Spiderman is moving FASTER than wolverine can. so as wolverine is recoving and getting ready to attack the spiderman who just landed behind him, he is already jumping over his head again

3) This is the most important one, so pay close attention. the SPIDER SENSE! which is capable of dodging BULLETS from nearly POINT BLANK range. This is a subconsious instinctual reaction. So, spidey goes to kick wolvie, wolvie realizes this and, since he cant reach spider man decides to try and attack his leg, ie, a wounding blow (his ONLY hope in this fight, but hey, the wolvie fans obviously understand those type of fight dynamics) spiderman's sense goes off and he pulls the kick back, BEFORE wolverine can even throw slash that would have hit it.

Jose123
Jokes jokes grabs get stabbed. match over

wolverine gets thrown and tossed away.

spidey has dodged faster things than the claws.

TwisterGameX
Spidey is only long range with his Web. Spiderman hit is not greater than wonderman and hulk hits or juggernaut hits..or wendigo hits. It said in bio spidey can not dodge a bullet up close and when he is far away he just steps out of the line of fire.

TwisterGameX
wolverine gets thrown and tossed away.

spidey has dodged faster things than the claws.

So you go run in infront of a guy with a knife and then dodge it(very good) now pick him up high enough and get the momentum to throw him and not get stabbed.

inamilist
So you go run in infront of a guy with a knife and then dodge it(very good) now pick him up high enough and get the momentum to throw him and not get stabbed.

you dont understand mobility as a technique in a fight obviously

spiderman would NEVER be infront of wolvie

thats the point we are making

TwisterGameX
you dont understand mobility as a technique in a fight obviously

spiderman would NEVER be infront of wolvie

thats the point we are making

So spidey runs away then attacks from behind which leads to win. From your part point of view ?

TwisterGameX
Godforbid after spidey teleports behind wolvie after he sits on a high wall like said earlier that wolverine will not see him and turn around. How is he beating wolverine by punching him in the back of the head.

outavodka
i dun give damn Wolverines the man in a stright up fight peteys bites the dust. Thas y hes gota hit in run.

inamilist
ok

please explain to me HOW wolverine hits spiderman, in light of:

1) Spiderman is larger. a longer range. a kick from spiderman comes at a range farther than wolvie can reach

2) Spiderman is moving FASTER than wolverine can. so as wolverine is recoving and getting ready to attack the spiderman who just landed behind him, he is already jumping over his head again

3) This is the most important one, so pay close attention. the SPIDER SENSE! which is capable of dodging BULLETS from nearly POINT BLANK range. This is a subconsious instinctual reaction. So, spidey goes to kick wolvie, wolvie realizes this and, since he cant reach spider man decides to try and attack his leg, ie, a wounding blow (his ONLY hope in this fight, but hey, the wolvie fans obviously understand those type of fight dynamics) spiderman's sense goes off and he pulls the kick back, BEFORE wolverine can even throw slash that would have hit it.

TwisterGameX
It's funny how half the spidey guys arguements in the spidey vs wolvie thread was about web and 6 out of 10 of them could admit without web spidey looses but now the thread has been made the spidey guy scan not bare the fact that the hairy midget could win. Wolvie haters unite.

inamilist
ok, i gave 3 very good reasons as to why wolverine cannot hit spidey

you have yet to give one reason as to why wolverine wins, aside from, he is the best

the is a differance between opinion and fact, fact here shown through the precidence in comics

Spiderman has gone toe to toe with the X-men on several occasions, wolvie included

please see my thread about mobility and hero balance

TwisterGameX
Oh so spidey can beat cyclops,Rogue, and Storm now at the same time....

Yes spidey can dodge but not forever and how is dodging giving him the win ? If he picks him up he will get stabbed while he is getting touched by spidey if you want spidey stops what he is doing and not throws anymore but how does spidey win ? Spidey wins because of agility(how the hell does agility knock out wolverine.

Jose123
Oh so spidey can beat cyclops,Rogue, and Storm now at the same time....

Yes spidey can dodge but not forever and how is dodging giving him the win ? If he picks him up he will get stabbed while he is getting touched by spidey if you want spidey stops what he is doing and not throws anymore but how does spidey win ? Spidey wins because of agility(how the hell does agility knock out wolverine.

He has done it.

Like I said spidey has dodged faster things then the claws.

spidey takes this 7/10

TwisterGameX
So you say he could beat all those three at the same time. I smell fanboy. Also Originally posted by Dark Urizen
While very very important, agility or mobility will not play such an important part in a fight against someone that is his superior in the Strength and Durability department. Spiderman knocking Hulk out with a truck? Puh-lease. That smells of PIS so badly you need to cover your nose.

The logic is this: Someone with a durability and strength level like Colossus or Hulk or Thing should never lose to Spidey in a battle to the end. Why? Because while sure, it would be very hard for them to even touch him, let alone hit him, none of his hits or attacks should ever be effective on them either. So it's like this:

1. He's got awesome mobility and agility, but if he's concentrating fully on dodging ALL of the hits, then he'll only be defending himself, so no offense. Therefore, at one point both of them become tired, probably Spiderman first because he's exerting more energy jumping all over the place, and then one single hit from the opponent or maybe two would put him out.

2. If he's not concentrating fully on dodging ALL of the hits, then he'll also be leaving himself open. Let's say he gets 10 hits in on the opponent, and the opponent gets one. That's enough to either daze, or take him out. Even if he's just dazed, that makes it that much harder to concentrate, so 5 minutes later he'll get let's say 7 hits in and the other guy gets 2 or 3 hits on him. And the match is over.

You understand? Mobility and agility are both very important, but if there's a huge gap between the level of his strength/durability and his opponents', then it means he'll lose.

The agility won't balance out the huge gap. It'll try, but it won't. Not when the gap is that big. Against let's say Luke Cage, yeah, i agree, but even then, with the whole unbreakable skin thing.....well.....but anyway, you get my point.

Congrats on making a great thread though smile

steverules
And so it begins........... smokin'

inamilist
storm and rogue would be tough.... im not sure if they were there

i guess jean and xavier rape him like a 9 yo girl

lol, and TRUST me, the comparison from the mobility thread, Wolverine's powers come nowhere near the level necessary to compensate for spider-man's mobility

Jose123
So you say he could beat all those three at the same time. I smell fanboy. Also

Fanboy? coming from you thats really funny.

TwisterGameX
Fanboy? coming from you thats really funny.

You just said Spiderman beats Storm,Rogue,Cyclops at the same time and never denied anything. Sorry you are clearly not a fanboy of spiderman then right ?

inamilist
alright

TwisterGameX

i would like you to write the scenario in which wolverine wins, and then give proof as to how he is able to do the things he does

Please remember to include the FULL range of all Spider Man's abilities (minus webbing)

Jose123
You just said Spiderman beats Storm,Rogue,Cyclops at the same time and never denied anything. Sorry you are clearly not a fanboy of spiderman then right ?

didn't say that i believed it i just said that it happened. which it did.

http://img284.imageshack.us/my.php?image=spideyvxmen4ch.jpg
http://img284.imageshack.us/my.php?image=spideyvxmen27xk.jpg
http://img284.imageshack.us/my.php?image=spideyvxmen32xd.jpg

inamilist
lol, with Xavier there it is a little PIS

can storm generate weather indoors?

(hey, awesome scans though, always nice to see spidey at his best like that)

TwisterGameX
alright

TwisterGameX

i would like you to write the scenario in which wolverine wins, and then give proof as to how he is able to do the things he does

Please remember to include the FULL range of all Spider Man's abilities (minus webbing) God I just asked you guys the same thing like 80 times and all I hear is that he hits and runs which I proven doesn't knock out Wolverine by hit and runs.

Some other guy said spidey is a long range fighter and ok but the man has no webs and would have to get close to brawl. The next guy said spidey picks up wolverine and wants to throw him xxx amount of miles away and I say that if you ever seen spidey throw people far it takes a bit of time to throw that far so fast so while spidey is running to wolvie to grab and throw him(not dodgeing) is going to get stabbed once spidey puts his hands on wolvie.

If Wolvie attacks spidey with his training to make himself faster(if you ever watch anime on how they explain how that stuff makes you do this faster or what not) or just read wolvie comics or any ninja thing, gives wolvie slicing speed but yes spider sense will alllow him to dodge but how is spiderman focused on defense to pay attention and reac to the spider sense be able to do offense that is effective enough to hurt wolverine. Spidey hit and runs will not over whelm no healing factor and spidey either gets tired and gets stabbed or spidey focusses on offense this time and not be able to react(pay attention) on dodging an barage of wolverine claws....

TwisterGameX

Yes that is not Pis right.

Jose123
Yes that is not Pis right.

Nope not to me.

i just see it as spider-man taking them by surprise webbing a few up then quickly running away from there just to be mindwiped by proff x seconds later.

and it's funny how quickly people point out other PIS yet they except whatever wolverine does no matter how stupid it is.

Bone Claw Wolverine slashing Ms.marvel
Surviving a direct hit fro a nuke with his pants still on squeaky clean.

Even what if scenarios like the Silver surfer stabbing.

TwisterGameX
Nope not to me.

i just see it as spider-man taking them by surprise webbing a few up then quickly running away from there just to be mindwiped by proff x seconds later.

and it's funny how quickly people point out other PIS yet they except whatever wolverine does no matter how stupid it is.

Bone Claw Wolverine slashing Ms.marvel
Surviving a direct hit fro a nuke with his pants still on squeaky clean.

Even what if scenarios like the Silver surfer stabbing.

You said they beat them

BS Wolverine is the first to be poinhted out on that what he does is PIS..heck even if it is not PIS they still say it is because it might be an arguemnet against spidey. Everyone alive said that the nuke was so much pis...the thing is no one like sto point out spideys pis...

inamilist
God I just asked you guys the same thing like 80 times and all I hear is that he hits and runs which I proven doesn't knock out Wolverine by hit and runs.

Some other guy said spidey is a long range fighter and ok but the man has no webs and would have to get close to brawl. The next guy said spidey picks up wolverine and wants to throw him xxx amount of miles away and I say that if you ever seen spidey throw people far it takes a bit of time to throw that far so fast so while spidey is running to wolvie to grab and throw him(not dodgeing) is going to get stabbed once spidey puts his hands on wolvie.

If Wolvie attacks spidey with his training to make himself faster(if you ever watch anime on how they explain how that stuff makes you do this faster or what not) or just read wolvie comics or any ninja thing, gives wolvie slicing speed but yes spider sense will alllow him to dodge but how is spiderman focused on defense to pay attention and reac to the spider sense be able to do offense that is effective enough to hurt wolverine. Spidey hit and runs will not over whelm no healing factor and spidey either gets tired and gets stabbed or spidey focusses on offense this time and not be able to react(pay attention) on dodging an barage of wolverine claws....

wow, this is long, the important thing is in bold the rest is basically just my *proof*

(im not touching your reference to anime, and as far as im cencerned, the fact that you brought it up shows a limited understanding of what it is we are discussing)

ok, you understand the basics of each of their powers

but remember, there are many things happening in this fight than wolverine running at spiderman

here is a basic fact on the physics of fighting. If one fighter has a longer reach than the other, they have an ADVANTAGE. Since both peter and logan are proportionatly sized for their body, peter comes in at 5'10" and logan comes in at 5'3" (marvel.com)

so, just punching, spiderman can be about half a foot out of Wolverine's punch range and still land solid blows. Now wolvie has claws, so i think spiderman will AVIOD standing on the ground and punching wolvie dead on, since the claws probably make up for that 6-7"s

however, spiderman can KICK wolverine from almost a METER away. Well out of his slash range.

Since speed and agility wise Spiderman>wolvie, he doesnt even need to start jumping, he could probably take him on toe to toe. Add the spider sence and wolverine LITTERALLY CANNOT TOUCH HIM

these are the VERY IMPORTANT FACTS

1) spiderman has a range advantage (and a good one at that)

2) spiderman moves faster than wolverine

3) the spider sence

now, how can spiderman's dodge style win against wolverine. well, my example of him running up a wall was more to show that the characters powers have a general unbalance. IF spiderman wanted, he can null the fight by just chilling somewhere that wolvie cant get to him at

however, making witty puns from a wall wont hurt logan physically (we all know about his unstable mind and emotions)

Spiderman can PUNCH hard enough to knock steel doors off of their hinges. That IS way MORE than hard enough to HURT wolverine

not a one hit KO, but think of it like this, ill try and play out a scenario

*Wolverine is hunting spiderman

Spiderman, for some reason, is on the ground, and, again for some unknown reason, his spider sense doesnt alert him of logans presence until, say, just before he attacks.

Wolverine's attack (lunge lets say) is dodge easily by SS and agility being superior to wolverines attacks

SS keeps him at least a foot outside of Wolvierine's attack radius, and he is more than able to keep this because of being FASTER and the precog of the spidersense. (i know its not precog... but ive already written so much)

However, spiderman, without even jumping is able to land very strong kicks on wolverine at this range.

So, moral of the story, you need to watch some boxing

Jade Chihuahua
Spider-man is stronger and faster than Wolverine, as I see it, he just has to flip over Wolverine, and use the momentum of his jump to toss him before Wolverine has a chance to react.
And "Hit and run" doesnt mean literally punch and then run away. it means land a blow and then get out of Wolverines range until he has the next chance to attack, allowing him to attack frequently while avoiding Wolverine's attacks.
Spider-man hes the edge. 8/10

steverules

I would've thought that night crawler could teleport his way outta webbing, and Rogue is really strong and can maybe lift more than spidey so I would've thought she would be able to break out off the webbing, unless this was before rogue became really strong.

Jose123
Originally posted by steverules
I would've thought that night crawler could teleport his way outta webbing, and Rogue is really strong and can maybe lift more than spidey so I would've thought she would be able to break out off the webbing, unless this was before rogue became really strong.

The webs have managed to hold the thing before. And nightcarwler not teleporting through? I got this from someone else so there are some missing but if you look closely Crawler is standing right next to wolverine in the last Pic.

TwisterGameX
wow, this is long, the important thing is in bold the rest is basically just my *proof*

(im not touching your reference to anime, and as far as im cencerned, the fact that you brought it up shows a limited understanding of what it is we are discussing)

ok, you understand the basics of each of their powers

but remember, there are many things happening in this fight than wolverine running at spiderman

here is a basic fact on the physics of fighting. If one fighter has a longer reach than the other, they have an ADVANTAGE. Since both peter and logan are proportionatly sized for their body, peter comes in at 5'10" and logan comes in at 5'3" (marvel.com)

so, just punching, spiderman can be about half a foot out of Wolverine's punch range and still land solid blows. Now wolvie has claws, so i think spiderman will AVIOD standing on the ground and punching wolvie dead on, since the claws probably make up for that 6-7"s

however, spiderman can KICK wolverine from almost a METER away. Well out of his slash range.

Since speed and agility wise Spiderman>wolvie, he doesnt even need to start jumping, he could probably take him on toe to toe. Add the spider sence and wolverine LITTERALLY CANNOT TOUCH HIM

these are the VERY IMPORTANT FACTS

1) spiderman has a range advantage (and a good one at that)

2) spiderman moves faster than wolverine

3) the spider sence

now, how can spiderman's dodge style win against wolverine. well, my example of him running up a wall was more to show that the characters powers have a general unbalance. IF spiderman wanted, he can null the fight by just chilling somewhere that wolvie cant get to him at

however, making witty puns from a wall wont hurt logan physically (we all know about his unstable mind and emotions)

Spiderman can PUNCH hard enough to knock steel doors off of their hinges. That IS way MORE than hard enough to HURT wolverine

not a one hit KO, but think of it like this, ill try and play out a scenario

*Wolverine is hunting spiderman

Spiderman, for some reason, is on the ground, and, again for some unknown reason, his spider sense doesnt alert him of logans presence until, say, just before he attacks.

Wolverine's attack (lunge lets say) is dodge easily by SS and agility being superior to wolverines attacks

SS keeps him at least a foot outside of Wolvierine's attack radius, and he is more than able to keep this because of being FASTER and the precog of the spidersense. (i know its not precog... but ive already written so much)

However, spiderman, without even jumping is able to land very strong kicks on wolverine at this range.

So, moral of the story, you need to watch some boxing

The anime thing was just to explain something to you on how logic plays in it but of course you try to use it against me so nevermind that.

Wolverines claws have areach and trying to tag a 5'3 that goes barage is not easy.

Spidey kicks wolverine and gets his legs chopped off when he is kicking unless spiderman could fly to dodge claws while he is in direct offence. the traing wolverine gets as I explained the martails arts and smamaria stuff.

Police can kick down a door to break a locked door..but can they punch through ?

Wolverine brawls with Hulk,Wendigo,Collosus, Wonderman, and didn't get taken out so easily and I mind you these are some class 100 people. So I don't see spidey knocking out wolverine by the hit and run which does not overwhelm his healing factor. Spiderman can not be in offense mode and fully be in defense(reacting to his spidersense) to a barage of attacks. The dark w/e guy explained that part in your mobile thread. Then spiderman either dodges wolvies attacks in defense to aviod claws until he gets tired and gets killed by slipping up or he goes offense with some defense(can not be in full affect ) and still gets hit while in offense because spiderman aims at the 5'3 guy and trys to get a solid ihit to his adamantuim skeleton and skull.

DarkCrawler
Okay. If Spidey punches Logan ONE time, Logan can't slash back. You know why? Because the force of a punch coming from a guy who can punch steel doors down will put some movement on you. Every time Spider-Man punches Logan, his hands will go flailing wildly, giving him no chance of stabbing anything. And Spidey can hit him like three or four times in second. If he continues to hit him, Wolverine is helpless, because he can't move his arms because of the constant punching. Eventually, Wolverine is down.

Or when was the last time you punched someone at the same time they punched you?

steverules
The webs have managed to hold the thing before. And nightcarwler not teleporting through? I got this from someone else so there are some missing but if you look closely Crawler is standing right next to wolverine in the last Pic.

Didn't see that, I was quickly lookin through the pics so that I could get my answer in before someone else made the point I was gonna make.

inamilist

Wolverines claws have areach and trying to tag a 5'3 that goes barage is not easy.

wolverine's arm + claw doesnt come close to the range of a spiderman kick

My example didnt even have spiderman jumping

in fact, mine was the BEST CASE SCENARIO for wolvie that i could think of, short of finding peter asleep (spiderman still takes it 7/10)

Spidey kicks wolverine and gets his legs chopped off when he is kicking unless spiderman could fly to dodge claws while he is in direct offence. the traing wolverine gets as I explained the martails arts and smamaria stuff.

well... here is the funny think about both kicking, slashing, and the interactions with spidersense

so, we will do this with standing opponents, again giving wolverine the best odds one can...

spiderman goes to throw a kick, which would be faster than wolverine's slash anyways, but we will ignore that

there is a set and release phase to any striking attack. this means that you dont just kick from having your foot on the ground, there is a step in between that, given his training, wolverine would definatly notice.

As soon as wolverine prepares to attack Spideman's incomming leg (which he notices BEFORE the kick is thrown, this is important!) spidey's spider sense goes off alerting him that throwing a kick will result in his leg being removed. Subconsiously and instinctively spiderman either pulls the kick, fakes to a punch, jumps away to compleatly avoid or jumps behind to assult from the back

IF Wolverine does NOT notice the kick at the setting stage and spidey gets to release, wolverine does not have the speed to catch his leg in mid flight.

You are also forgetting that wolvering is not immoveable. One solid kick from spiderman and he goes flying. Not KO, but he is on the ground, and its a quick end to the fight from there

Police can kick down a door to break a locked door..but can they punch through ?

at my old house i had to *break down* a fairly heave door that was locked (not bolted). I was able to do so, without a whole lot of problems.

What spiderman can do is burst open SEALED STEEL doors that would individually weigh tonnes and probably have SERIOUS bolting mechanisms.

if you want it numerically, he can lift close to 15 tonnes as far as i remember. Ya, he packs a GREAT punch.

Wolverine brawls with Hulk,Wendigo,Collosus, Wonderman, and didn't get taken out so easily and I mind you these are some class 100 people. So I don't see spidey knocking out wolverine by the hit and run which does not overwhelm his healing factor.

hit and run does not mean 1 punch, move out of attack range.

especially because spiderman is capable of ALWAYS being outside of wolverines attack range (im probably amping his fighting skills too much, i guess he really doesnt have any "formal" training, but this is very, VERY, basic combat skills)

so, spiderman dodges, then dodges, then WHAM, manages to connect with 1 kick. wolverine flies 4 feet and hits the ground. While there spiderman runs up and stomps the back of his head until he dies.

ALSO, healing factor < invulnerability.

i personally believe that most of those characters fall into the *mobility unbalanced* catagory against spidey. im not sure about wonderman, since im not too sure of his powers.

it is almost ESSENTIAL to have super speed when fighting spiderman

Spiderman can not be in offense mode and fully be in defense(reacting to his spidersense) to a barage of attacks. The dark w/e guy explained that part in your mobile thread.

Wolverine's fighting skills fall well short of the necessary supremecy over spiderman needed to make up for the unbalance

DU agrees with the unblance as far as i can tell, his point was that Hulk was too much of an extreme example.

i still personally would argue SM stalemates H

and wolverine beating hulk is PIS

Then spiderman either dodges wolvies attacks in defense to aviod claws until he gets tired and gets killed by slipping up or he goes offense with some defense(can not be in full affect ) and still gets hit while in offense because spiderman aims at the 5'3 guy and trys to get a solid ihit to his adamantuim skeleton and skull.

lol

you are correct, in the same moment of time, spiderman cannot dodge and attack (well, he can, he does it in his books all the time, but again, the ludicracy of this topic does not even require spiderman at 100% to mop the floor with wolvie)

but, spiderman is fast enough to counter, riptose, perry :P all of wolverines attacks.

i STILL havent brought up his jumping mobility from an offensive standpoint

seriously, give it up, wolvie gets beat like a child

TwisterGameX
God thats a long ass post lol. I looked at a piece. I will reply later or so. I am tired and I know this will never end.

But to the other guy that swears . Just to get back at the spidey beats all xmen guy. here you go. Go crazy

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4732158

steverules
If I had a penny for every time I saw those pics then I would be the next batman by midnight. Now where did I hear that before?

inamilist
lol, thats as pis as the x men one

TwisterGameX
If I had a penny for every time I saw those pics then I would be batman by midnight. Now where did I hear that before? If I had a penny for everytime they showed and said he beat the xmen and I have to counter it with that pic I will be Batman or black panther by midnight.

TwisterGameX
All those pics are like difefrent issues..some spidermans comics some wolverine and one alternate universe...happens all the time.

inamilist
so wolverine fails to kill spiderman all the time

wikkid

steverules
There twister goes again with batman. Anyway, I guess I should start talkin about spidey and wolvie before I take this of the topic.

TwisterGameX
so wolverine fails to kill spiderman all the time

wikkid Oh yeah half the fights are Wolverine not trying to kill spiderman thats why his claws were not out while hitting him...

steverules
Thats what I thought, when he stabbed spidey he said it was an accident but I think it was on purpose cause it was a miracle he didn't hit anything vital.

inamilist
ok

and there are a bunch of comics where wolverine, and the rest of the x men, cannot touch spiderman

however, your comics are better.... because... :/

look, ive tried to use logic, all you have said is "wolvie stabs spidey".

Im trying to use real world examples of how their powers work

you have given me nothing

if we went by all the comics, characters would have a ridiculous range of ability. For the most part, crossovers are weak, because they require a fight between two immensly popular characters

but this is getting into the economics of the industry

crossovers are pis

TwisterGameX
Thats what I thought, when he stabbed spidey he said it was an accident but I think it was on purpose cause it was a miracle he didn't hit anything vital. All up set over a little scratch.

I was refering to the real matches where it said spidey gave his all(his words0 and wolverine didn't try to kill him.

Why would they make wolvie brawl with spidey if it was slaughter. Why would I think nick said his stats OVERALL skills were better(I forget who said that).

TwisterGameX
ok

and there are a bunch of comics where wolverine, and the rest of the x men, cannot touch spiderman

if we went by all the comics, characters would have a ridiculous range of ability. For the most part, crossovers are weak, because they require a fight between two immensly popular characters

crossovers are pis

Post all of them that spidey chumps the xmen ? besides that ONE.

to match my Wolverine chumping spidey many times all over every other comics.

steverules
ok

crossovers are pis

I said he stabbed him yes but thats the truth, do want me to say he missed. He stabbed spidey, I can't say it's bad writing cause there is a small chance that spidey would get stabbed by wolvie, I could say it is bad writing cause spidey can dodge And I'm not saying any of them.

TwisterGameX
Lol steverules just wants his thread to live.

steverules
All up set over a little scratch.

I was refering to the real matches where it said spidey gave his all(his words0 and wolverine didn't try to kill him.

Why would they make wolvie brawl with spidey if it was slaughter. Why would I think nick said his stats OVERALL skills were better(I forget who said that).

Who me or spidey? If me then I was just mentioning it for the sake of it.
This is a good thread made by me....me.......I am rubbish at making threads that do well of course I want it to live.

inamilist

economics

why did marvel vs DC occur?

most of those matches are HEAVILY PIS

why did venom fight superman or the hulk

why did spiderman take on a herald of galactus

the simple answer is industry supply and demand.

As corporations, Marvel and DC and whoever need to encourage people to buy their books. So, they put their 2 most popular characters togeather to sell books (ultimate wolvie vs hulk is a perfect example of this)

obviously they cant kill off either of the characters, that would result in a HUGE LOSS of income which, here it is, doesnt work in the REAL WORLD

basically, a comic company is willing to bend its previous cannon to maximize profits and encourage readership in failing/new lines.

long pig
Um...NO.

Spiderman isn't beating Wolverine without webbing. Spiderman is getting a bit overrated. More so than Wolverine.

It's these things where people actually try to say Spiderman can't ever be hit by ANYTHING. (sixth wing is bad about this).

It's all bullshit fanboysm. Wolverine def takes SM without webbing.

inamilist
I said he stabbed him yes but thats the truth, do want me to say he missed. He stabbed spidey, I can't say it's bad writing cause there is a small chance that spidey would get stabbed by wolvie, I could say it is bad writing cause spidey can dodge And I'm not saying any of them.

twist my arm a little more wink

jinzin
Thats what I thought, when he stabbed spidey he said it was an accident but I think it was on purpose cause it was a miracle he didn't hit anything vital.

miracle?

uhhhh no... clearly you don't know that much about wolverine to make such an assumption...

what did you think? wolverine's just some hairy mad man who flails about wildly HOPING to hit something vital?

sorry... wrong...

wolverine is well familiarized with the biology of the human anatomy.. he has to be in order to be nearly as effective with chin na (a martial art form which emphasizes joint manipulations and clear strikes to vital parts of the body which he displayed while training shadow cat)... he also knows exactly which parts of the body he's hitting when he does it (it's how he did preformed surgery on both wendigo and cyclops without hurting them, it's how he was landing one hit kills on multiple super villains when he was working with shield.... )

the guy knows what he's doing... he's extremely skilled and extremely well trained... unlike spiderman.

TwisterGameX
So comics in general are Pis. Why would spidey fight the green goblin and win because people want to see the fight. to the other guy

King_Mungi
Uhhh...well I hope this thread never ends like the OTHER Wolverine vs. Spider-Man thread

Jose123
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Uhhh...well I hope this thread never ends like the OTHER Wolverine vs. Spider-Man thread

don't count on it.

Lets see if we can keep this under 50 pages this time.

steverules
Originally posted by jinzin
miracle?

uhhhh no... clearly you don't know that much about wolverine to make such an assumption...

what did you think? wolverine's just some hairy mad man who flails about wildly HOPING to hit something vital?

sorry... wrong...

wolverine is well familiarized with the biology of the human anatomy.. he has to be in order to be nearly as effective with chin na (a martial art form which emphasizes joint manipulations and clear strikes to vital parts of the body which he displayed while training shadow cat)... he also knows exactly which parts of the body he's hitting when he does it (it's how he did preformed surgery on both wendigo and cyclops without hurting them, it's how he was landing one hit kills on multiple super villains when he was working with shield.... )

the guy knows what he's doing... he's extremely skilled and extremely well trained... unlike spiderman.

Damn, I wrote my post out wrong, I meant to put that it was on purpose and thats why he didn't hit anything vital.doh

BobbyD
The question asks: Could Spidey beat Wolverine w/o webs? The answer is yes, he could. But, he would sure have an easier time with webbing, that's for sure.

jinzin
ok

a bunch? What the f**k?

ummm are you refering to the number of printings or something? confused

cause there's only the one incident when wolverine was part of the team in question...

...........they're more consistent.... confused

probably... I mean.. that's what wolverine does...

which is a mistake.. don't know if you realized it but they're not real world characters.... their powers literally can not function in the real world... period... bringing up the real world negates both characters, that's why it's a comic book debate.. smile

if we didn't all we'd be arguing over was a stats list because anything the characters ever did didn't count AT ALL... that's why consistency is important...

I've said it a hundred times before I'll say it here now...

When someone argues that they have seen evidence of something but that the evidence doesn't count because that character "shouldn't be able to do that" they need to re-think the premise of thier conclusion. A characters abilities are based on what he or she demonstrates he or she can do, not on what someone thought they could do at one time.

crossovers are pis so every crossover is stupid to you?

TwisterGameX
Spidey wins 3/10 no web. Everyone happy.

jinzin
Originally posted by King_Mungi

sick

steverules
My bad thread jinx is over. Happy Dance

jinzin
Originally posted by long pig
Um...NO.

Spiderman isn't beating Wolverine without webbing. Spiderman is getting a bit overrated. More so than Wolverine.

It's these things where people actually try to say Spiderman can't ever be hit by ANYTHING. (sixth wing is bad about this).

It's all bullshit fanboysm. Wolverine def takes SM without webbing.

yup... yes

I mean look, spiderman CAN win this... it just sure as hell isn't likely to happen... wolverine 8 or 9/10

jinzin
My bad thread jinx is over. Happy Dance

lol.

TwisterGameX
lol Long pig

inamilist
^So comics in general are Pis. Why would spidey fight the green goblin and win because people want to see the fight.

to "some" extent, yes

unfortunatly, we are in the position of having to determine what happens the majority of times when heros would fight based on conflicting evidence

there are points in spiderman's comics where his SS is invincible, im not saying its not PIS, but we arent talking about spiderman jumping bullets at 4 inches.

you are absoloutly correct about goblin, but, they dont make comics to appease fans, they do it for financial considerations

imagine a comic where green goblin kills spiderman. Id buy it

then, there are NO MORE SPIDERMAN comics, so the company who makes a bunch of money off of the one shot issue loses HORRIBLY in the long run by destroying one of their most successful franchises

so, spiderman vs wolvie crossover. regardless of the outcome (one of the two dead) marvel loses in the long run. Sure, the fans get the best comic they can, but they dont sell anymore (or marginally more) than they would if say, spidey and wolvie fight to a standstill, and they end up loosing a character that fans will buy up ACCROSS THE BOARD

so, to put it in another way, it is more financially responsable for Marvel to match popular but unbalenced characters in issues that would be considered PIS than for them to offer a better and more accurate story that would have more artistic credability.

now you tell me, is marvel going to side with Financial responsability or artistic credibility LOL!!!!!

steverules
Keep posting guys this stuff is gold.

TwisterGameX
I read half and will have to say that Why was venom popping up every 5 seconds and having the best fights ever is because people love venom(very popular) and spidey escaping with his life evrytime.

steverules
There have been times where venom could have killed spidey, but then that will never happen. Apart from in that comic where he sees the future and he's old and still spidey and gets killed by stray bullet fired by a police man.

inamilist
a bunch? What the f**k?

ummm are you refering to the number of printings or something? confused

cause there's only the one incident when wolverine was part of the team in question...

cool, i though i had a more recent one where he was there, im probably wrong

see my stance on crossovers

...........they're more consistent.... confused

probably... I mean.. that's what wolverine does...

see my post on mobility and balance

which is a mistake.. don't know if you realized it but they're not real world characters.... their powers literally can not function in the real world... period... bringing up the real world negates both characters, that's why it's a comic book debate.. smile

by real world i mean the "physics" of fighting, which DO apply in the marvel universe, because the characters they are representing are human and therefore subject to the same rules of basic motion that others are, unless stated directly in their powers

what you are saying is that, there is no reason to assume that during this fight gravity doesnt just stop working, because, well, its a comic, and they are bound by astrophysics

if we didn't all we'd be arguing over was a stats list because anything the characters ever did didn't count AT ALL... that's why consistency is important...

achually, i agree with you on this. However, crossovers... smile

I've said it a hundred times before I'll say it here now... When someone argues that they have seen evidence of something but that the evidence doesn't count because that character "shouldn't be able to do that" they need to re-think the premise of thier conclusion. A characters abilities are based on what he or she demonstrates he or she can do, not on what someone thought they could do at one time.

this argument states that spiderman can beat a cosmic level character

so every crossover is stupid to you?

not stupid, i still enjoy them, im going to pick up U WvH

however, financial responsability vs artistic credability

inamilist
I read half and will have to say that Why was venom popping up every 5 seconds and having the best fights ever is because people love venom(very popular) and spidey escaping with his life evrytime.
we agree big grin

jinzin
There have been times where venom could have killed spidey, but then that will never happen. Apart from in that comic where he sees the future and he's old and still spidey and gets killed by stray bullet fired by a police man.

well technically.. venom leaves spiderman alive on purpose.. (at a subconcious level) he later realizes this and states that he lives for the moments where he has spiderman at his pity... knowing that he can come back any time he wants and simply.. do it again.

DarkCrawler
Nice...

jinzin
cool, i though i had a more recent one where he was there, im probably wrong

well an issue number would definitely be nice...

read it... no impressed...
you see the problem with the position you're taking here is this, everything that's produces for public access by a comic book industry is done so with the intent of making a profit... comic books are a buisness, that much it would seem you certainly understand, but canon events (whether done for profit or for storytelling) are just that, canon events.. true historical events in the life of the characters we're discussing. if you're going to ignore those events because you don't agree with them no matter the number of them and their consistency for the simple fact that they were made to generate profit, then you may as well stop arguing right now... spiderman was created to generate profit, period... (this doesn't simply apply to crossovers), you can't consistently argue against profit making tools in the industry but keep arguing in effect for a tool that generates profit... it's hipocritical.

by real world i mean the "physics" of fighting, which DO apply in the marvel universe, because the characters they are representing are human and therefore subject to the same rules of basic motion that others are, unless stated directly in their powers

this I will agree to... some physics do apply... most as with comic books go right out the damned window...

what you are saying is that, there is no reason to assume that during this fight gravity doesnt just stop working, because, well, its a comic, and they are bound by astrophysics
strawman, that's not what I'm saying at all... obviously I misunderstood your use of "the real world" my position is simply this, if one applies real world rules upon one character, they must be applied to both..

this argument states that spiderman can beat a cosmic level character

another strawman argument... my position doesn't state that but it would certainly allow for the possibility....

and in this case.. spiderman can, and has... but that doesn't mean that it's more likely to happen, just that the possibility is there...

not stupid, i still enjoy them, im going to pick up U WvH

however, financial responsability vs artistic credability

"crossovers are pis"

all events in comics are plot induced, however if crossovers are fueled by stupidity then they must be stupid... as per your implication.

inamilist
well an issue number would definitely be nice...

lol, i have it in storage smile

but thinking about it, spidey beats up bishop then the rest of the x men run outside to see what the ruccus is

you are correct :P

read it... no impressed...
you see the problem with the position you're taking here is this, everything that's produces for public access by a comic book industry is done so with the intent of making a profit... comic books are a buisness, that much it would seem you certainly understand, but canon events (whether done for profit or for storytelling) are just that, canon events.. true historical events in the life of the characters we're discussing. if you're going to ignore those events because you don't agree with them no matter the number of them and their consistency for the simple fact that they were made to generate profit, then you may as well stop arguing right now... spiderman was created to generate profit, period... (this doesn't simply apply to crossovers), you can't consistently argue against profit making tools in the industry but keep arguing in effect for a tool that generates profit... it's hipocritical.

woah

smile

obviously everything you have said is correct.

Its why i want to remove the "character" from the "comic" which is impossible and probably a waste of my time.

I find there to be too much of an inconsistency between shown levels in comics, with most threads degrading into X did Y in issue Z so it impossible for him to A the B in issue C.

since, the character doesnt exist outside of the comic reality, it would necessitate taking the consistencies from various comics that the hero has been in and apply those. But, like any real survey of range of possibilities, the most extreme examples need to be disregarded.

Can spidey take down the X-men, alone, with a hand tied behind his back. No, there isnt enough OTHER evidence to show that, and the X men have collectively fought hundreds of opponents who outclass spidey in every way

The same applies to wolverine

this I will agree to... some physics do apply... most as with comic books go right out the damned window...

mainly im just trying to establish a sort of empirical way of looking at the fight, so it doesnt come down to who did what in what issue

strawman, that's not what I'm saying at all... obviously I misunderstood your use of "the real world" my position is simply this, if one applies real world rules upon one character, they must be applied to both..

another strawman argument... my position doesn't state that but it would certainly allow for the possibility....

lol, way to call me on it :P

ya, i think we both have some similar ideas here. We are just approaching it from differant angles.

I am trying to establish a framework that doesnt relly on the interpretation of whichever creative team was writing the comic sort of loosely on how the characters perform in general whereas you are using the direct examples from the books, regardless of the noticable differances

neither is supperior imho. good frickin argument

inamilist
blah, im outa here

good debate guys

jinzin
Its why i want to remove the "character" from the "comic" which is impossible and probably a waste of my time.

I find there to be too much of an inconsistency between shown levels in comics, with most threads degrading into X did Y in issue Z so it impossible for him to A the B in issue C.

which is why the use of consistent events used to prove a point is important for these debates.

don't misunderstand me... just because character a did this in comic x is one tactic I use it is however, only a tactic used to display the possibility and plausibility of a how a situation would occur based on how it has been shown to occur in the past... (but here's the important part) on a consistent basis.

of course there is the problem of those extremes and my argument runs into things such as

"wolverine took a nuke one time and got up from it... he has 100% consistency surviving nukes right?"

well technically that's true... but we all know that it is also flawed due to being so extreme as you pointed out here.

But, like any real survey of range of possibilities, the most extreme examples need to be disregarded..

the point is, we are skeptical to one character and their feats if we see it only once.. however when the character repeats the feat with similar results and does so again and again and again.. we begin to realize that this is in fact a capability of the character and arguing against the feat becomes harder to do in regards to the various and consistent evidence against the argument.. that's what you're up against right now...

since, the character doesnt exist outside of the comic reality, it would necessitate taking the consistencies from various comics that the hero has been in and apply those.

of course.. and that's what I'm doing here.. but when wolverine consistently kicks spiderman's ass on multiple occasions well.....

Can spidey take down the X-men, alone, with a hand tied behind his back. No, there isnt enough OTHER evidence to show that, and the X men have collectively fought hundreds of opponents who outclass spidey in every way

there's a problem with this comparison however... the secret wars example (which I believe you're referring to at least) had a number of circumstances that led to the event in question.
for instance, spiderman got the drop on them.
they were confused.
they were holding back for his safety as well as their team's own.
they were in an inclosed area where some of their powers couldn't be taken advantage of.

could spiderman take the x-men down in a fight? no... and considering what happened in secret wars... he really didn't... it wasn't a fight... it was one situation where a team was trying to subdue a man without hurting him. Can spiderman give the x-men a hell of a time capturing him when the teams not trying to hurt him? hell yes.. hell I would think he could do that without the secret wars example to support it.

but that's the problem wih using secret wars as an example... it wasn't a fight...

spiderman and wolverine on the other hand have fought a few times...
many spiderman supporters like to claim that wolverine couldn't touch him... wolverine's proved different on multiple occasions... it simply comes down to this, eventually you have to accept the character capible of doing somethin when they just keep doing it.

and no.. the same doesn't apply to wolverine... spiderman may fight many different opponents that outclass wolverine in brute force, or power, but while wollverine's advantages are subtle they are still advantages none the less... the only way the same could be applied to wolverine was if they had only one encounter.. they have had much more than that, and it usually ends with spiderman on the ground are about to have a face full of claw...

mainly im just trying to establish a sort of empirical way of looking at the fight, so it doesnt come down to who did what in what issue

which is funny.. is empirical knowledge not made of the consistency of experiments and their results?

is that not what I'm doing using multiple and consistent examples?

I am trying to establish a framework that doesnt relly on the interpretation of whichever creative team was writing the comic sort of loosely on how the characters perform in general

which is fine.. again, you are using consistency as a basis for forumlating a conclusion...

well consistently in the wolverine vs. spiderman department spiderman doesn't fair too well... and that was with the damned webbing.

whereas you are using the direct examples from the books, regardless of the noticable differances

what are these noticable differences?
wolverine has hit spiderman 4 out of the 5 times they meet.
wolverine holds back 5 out of 5
spiderman fails to knock wolverine out with concussive force 5 out of 5 times
spiderman succeeds in restraining wolverine 2 of the 5 times he uses webbing on wolverine... both of the 2 are during non fights and only one of them is really useable considering that wolverine broke out when he wanted to be free on the other occasion
spiderman is "too fast for wolverine" 1 out of the 5 times there is hostility and the one time he is, wolverine admits to holding back for his safety.

what you've made is a red herring here.. my argument doesn't neccessarily disregard the differences, it simply draws on the consistency which as you're probably begining to figure out is an important part to my position.

neither is supperior imho. good frickin argument
thank you.. I've had a lot of time to think about it. smile

Sixth_Winged
I believe he can. The 1st option is friggin hard for him which is to KO him. The 2nd is snapping his neck and removing it from his body considering the adamantium is only laced on the bones though It's gonna take a while if this is pete going by his normal portrayal with his morals and all..

inamilist
the problem i see is that the consistency that has been built regarding each of their powers individually compleatly goes against what has occured in those comics

if i thought that it was important that wolverine had fought and beat spidey 4/5 times, that would be it, but i still dont get how

sure, any creative team can throw spidey and wolvie on a strip and make wolverine win, but this is a simulated fight, not rehashing the ideas of a one shot crossover.

from a strictly powers point of view i think the fight is just too unbalanced, given what each shows regularily in their own books, not in the specific crossovers.

TwisterGameX
Congrats Spidey took the new title of God

brainchild81
Spidey wins by repeated muscle/organ removal.

long pig
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
I believe he can. The 1st option is friggin hard for him which is to KO him. The 2nd is snapping his neck and removing it from his body considering the adamantium is only laced on the bones though It's gonna take a while if this is pete going by his normal portrayal with his morals and all..
See?

long pig
Originally posted by brainchild81
Come on, you don't honestly believe that, do you?

Spidey without webs is like Wolverine without claws. Useless and sort of sexy!

brainchild81
laughing Spidey's not useless w/out webs and Wolvie's not useless w/out claws. Neither is sexy

srankmissingnin
With out webs this is a victory for Wolverine, and I'm talking the high majority. I have said before I think Spider-man beats Wolverine only because of his webbing option, with that out the window he needs to get into melee and he doesn't have the strength to end this fight with out a loooooooooooong fight, Wolverine on the other hand needs one well placed hit.

Sixth_Winged
See?

See what?

I said he can, not that he would definitely would do it. Those are plausible scenarios I describe.

Never said that is how it is necessarily gonna unfold. Of course Logan still takes it and the chances of the above scenarios happening are slim due to Pete's morals and logan's actual skills

marvelprince
In a straight up fight i think Spider-Man i still think that Spider-Man takes this. He seriously outclasses Wolverine in the areas where this match will matter. Thats speed.

Look in the crossover when they where fighting in the grave, despite how much faster than a normal person he is, he couldn't touch Spider-Man. And Spider-Man would have killed him, he just isn't that kind of person. In Marvel Knights when Wolverine tagged Spidey, they weren't really fighting so Spider-Man wasn't really expecting anything from Wolverine. His spider-sense probably goes off at all of Wolverine's moves so i think its fair to say that he was ignoring it during that match.

I think most of the time Wolverine goes against someone super strong its pis, but some times i can see how he does it. He is faster than the Hulk, so he dodges some of his hit and tries to stab. Or he'll use his brain since the Hulk isn't that smart. Spider-Man has this advantage over Wolverine, plus his spider-sense, plus his superior strength and his reach advantage. I could just see Spider-Man pummel Wolverine with a barage of punches to his head till he passes out. Spider-Man 7/10

steverules
How would spidey kill wolverine exactly?

TwisterGameX

spidey fanboys fuel spiderman with power.

soleran30
Without Webs spiderman can win but won't most of the timesmile With webs 8-9 out of 10 without no way please save comic book science I already tried Wolverine is a street lvl stud period.

steverules
spidey fanboys fuel spiderman with power.

I don't see spidey being able to kill wolverine with punches, even if he does punch hard. When wolverine was being punched in the grave yard by spider-man wolverine just smiled and the punches didn't seem to effect him, but that could be down to bad writing.

marvelprince

In the issue he discovered that he could just end the fight by breaking Wolverine's neck. His vertebrae is like beads on a chain, you can't break the beads but you can snap the chain, this would server his heads effectivly killing him. Like what Hulk did to Wolverine in Ultimate Hulk vs Wolverine except with his heads not his heads.

Tha C-Master
Come on, you don't honestly believe that, do you?

Spidey without webs is like Wolverine without claws. Useless and sort of sexy! Spiderman doesn't even USE his webbing in a vast majority of his fights, the only reason he does is because of his moral set.

That being said, since he has his morals AND no webbing, he is alot less effective, but not useless, thats absurd.

Wolverine without claws, thats pretty damned useless.

TwisterGameX
roll eyes (sarcastic)

steverules
Originally posted by marvelprince
In the issue he discovered that he could just end the fight by breaking Wolverine's neck. His vertebrae is like beads on a chain, you can't break the beads but you can snap the chain, this would server his heads effectivly killing him. Like what Hulk did to Wolverine in Ultimate Hulk vs Wolverine except with his heads not his heads.

confused

Metalmanx
Without webs, Spidey still wins. I'm not just saying that to say it. The webs are useful for incapacitation and a few other things, but Spidey's true power is just himself. Without webs, he's like...5% less powerful. Still more than enough to thrash Wolverine around.

A lack of webbing doesn't make Spidey any less fast, strong, etc. He still has his super strength, his super speed, his quick reflexes, his super agility, his freakin spider sense...I mean, damn. He still overpowers Wolverine.

He can take Wolvie by the wrist and make him stab himself repeatedly. Or he can just pummel the hell out of him. There are several options really.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Okay. If Spidey punches Logan ONE time, Logan can't slash back. You know why? Because the force of a punch coming from a guy who can punch steel doors down will put some movement on you. Every time Spider-Man punches Logan, his hands will go flailing wildly, giving him no chance of stabbing anything. And Spidey can hit him like three or four times in second. If he continues to hit him, Wolverine is helpless, because he can't move his arms because of the constant punching. Eventually, Wolverine is down.

Or when was the last time you punched someone at the same time they punched you?

jinzin

he's hit wolverine with everything he had admittedly.. he's failed to knock logan out... while that's a slim possibility.. until proven otherwise, it's not much more than that....

breaking logan's neck isn't an option... wolverine's admantium skeleton is bonded at a molecular level... (i swear one of these days you guys will get that through your thick skulls..) roll eyes (sarcastic)

jinzin
Originally posted by brainchild81

laughing out loud

jinzin
Originally posted by marvelprince
In a straight up fight i think Spider-Man i still think that Spider-Man takes this. He seriously outclasses Wolverine in the areas where this match will matter. Thats speed.

Look in the crossover when they where fighting in the grave, despite how much faster than a normal person he is, he couldn't touch Spider-Man. And Spider-Man would have killed him, he just isn't that kind of person. In Marvel Knights when Wolverine tagged Spidey, they weren't really fighting so Spider-Man wasn't really expecting anything from Wolverine. His spider-sense probably goes off at all of Wolverine's moves so i think its fair to say that he was ignoring it during that match.

I think most of the time Wolverine goes against someone super strong its pis, but some times i can see how he does it. He is faster than the Hulk, so he dodges some of his hit and tries to stab. Or he'll use his brain since the Hulk isn't that smart. Spider-Man has this advantage over Wolverine, plus his spider-sense, plus his superior strength and his reach advantage. I could just see Spider-Man pummel Wolverine with a barage of punches to his head till he passes out. Spider-Man 7/10

doh

wolverine was holding back.. wolverine can hit spiderman when he's not holding back....

spiderman can't break an adamantium neck..

TwisterGameX
Jinzin did you read that wendigo 5 part issue ?

jinzin

he'd probably generate cars out from his ass and pile them on wolvie..

jinzin
I don't see spidey being able to kill wolverine with punches, even if he does punch hard. When wolverine was being punched in the grave yard by spider-man wolverine just smiled and the punches didn't seem to effect him, but that could be down to bad writing.

nahh that's been about the sum of it everytime they throw down... spiderman fails to even KO wolvie much less kill the guy...

jinzin
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Spiderman doesn't even USE his webbing in a vast majority of his fights, the only reason he does is because of his moral set.

That being said, since he has his morals AND no webbing, he is alot less effective, but not useless, thats absurd.

Wolverine without claws, thats pretty damned useless.

What the f**k?

guess somebody forgot about weapon x...

TwisterGameX
he'd probably generate cars out from his ass and pile them on wolvie..

Lol or the train shooting web shooters.

TwisterGameX
What the f**k?

guess somebody forgot about weapon x...

He knows nothing about wolverine and has no comics and his posts proove it. Just ignore the fanboy.

Tha C-Master
What the f**k?

guess somebody forgot about weapon x... And he's going to do WHAT in this match that would put him on par with Spiderman without his claws?

He knows nothing about wolverine and has no comics and his posts proove it. Just ignore the fanboy. This coming from the guy who said spiderman would "spidersense himself to death". laughing All of your posts reek of dumbass.

Hasn't EVERYONE on this forum called you stupid at one time?

TwisterGameX
no only spidey fanboys. Also you should know the difference between whats serious or whats not.

Tha C-Master
no only spidey fanboys. Also you should know the difference between whats serious or whats not. Nataku, Metlamanx, Creshosk, Esteemed Leader, Wolverine8888, Hoshi, need I go on? laughing

TwisterGameX
Nataku, Metlamanx, Creshosk, Esteemed Leader, Wolverine8888, Hoshi, need I go on? laughing YEah thats every body right. Cresh called you worse things than stupid in threads before. Metal x and I agree on stuff now and ended spiderman vs wolverine, nataku I don't really know or care, and the other too got banned. Me and esteem are friends as of late. Also all of them were on spideys side at the time.

Tha C-Master
Still bitter eh? You do a good job of "ignoring" me...

YEah thats every body right. Cresh called you worse things than stupid in threads before. Metal x and I agree on stuff now and ended spiderman vs wolverine, nataku I don't really know or care, and the other too got banned. Me and esteem are friends as of late. Also all of them were on spideys side at the time. Me and cresh are good friends he's been under alot of stress which isn't the forums business, and all of those guys think you have poor comprehension...

Esteemed leader is banned. What the f**k?

I'm going to take a nap now...

TwisterGameX
Still bitter eh?

Me and cresh are good friends he's been under alot of stress which isn't the forums business, and all of those guys think you have poor comprehension...

Esteemed leader is banned. What the f**k?

I'm going to take a nap now... Yeah he is banned....

Also cresh is my friend to..

Funny you ignore everyone that said how this and that you are all over the threads at one point or another.

Yes you go take your nap and when you wake up, try to read a wolverine comic, instead of going by on what you here on the net. People(spidey fanboys) only call me names when I disagree with them and say spidey looses because in every other forum they have no problem and agree.

Jose123
i know I'm probably interrupting a long ass ***** fest between spidey supporters and wolverine supporters

But I just found this.

http://www.livejournal.com/community/scans_daily/1279784.html#cutid1

I didn't know this happened. The x-men were pretty young and training back then so this really doesn't add anything. Or count as a vs. match between them.

I just thought someone might like to look at it.

TwisterGameX
i know I'm probably interrupting a long ass ***** fest between spidey supporters and wolverine supporters

But I just found this.

http://www.livejournal.com/community/scans_daily/1279784.html#cutid1

I didn't know this happened. The x-men were pretty young and training back then so this really doesn't add anything. Or count as a vs. match between them.

I just thought someone might like to look at it. cool

Tha C-Master

TwisterGameX

Sixth_Winged
he's hit wolverine with everything he had admittedly.. he's failed to knock logan out... while that's a slim possibility.. until proven otherwise, it's not much more than that....

breaking logan's neck isn't an option... wolverine's admantium skeleton is bonded at a molecular level... (i swear one of these days you guys will get that through your thick skulls..) roll eyes (sarcastic)

The chances of KO'eing is slim, plausible not probable. Unlike most stronger bricks he can hit him more times faster than them albeit weaker. And the showing against him is kinda double face, Priest SM vs. W is when the time it happened, on Spider-man's book however when he got pissed off because Logan stabbed him for no reason, he rocked him till he was on the point of semi-consciousness.

Breaking Logan's neck is an option. Bones don't connect to other bones you know and the adamantium isn't grafted to his ligaments, joints and tendons.

Tha C-Master
Most of your comments are:

"spidey fanboys bump the thread"

"Jinzin ignore the fanboys"

" roll eyes (sarcastic) "

People can spot out that you have little substance, I'd recommend debating for YOURSELF, and stop patting jinzin, cresh's, etc's back. Then saying they are your friend. erm

go read your first post in this thread. No one talks about me behind my back , and the only reason they do in threads is because I wasn't on their side because when I am on their side they agree and all friendly. Because you pat their backs the entire time... that means nothing about you debating... your sentence structure crumbles.

Thought you were going to take a nap ?

As for everything else , it is goo dto know you follow me around and only been posting where I have just to comment to me and leave in that thread. All the things you said happened in some other threads that you were not even posted in(you following me) Sentence doesn't even make sense, your auxillary verbs are bad.

And what threads? I've just now started commenting on you, I don't even post near you or your threads in the OTF. I just know that alot of people there have you on ignore. Which is why I wondered why you said alot of people were your friends, when they talk to me about you.

jinzin
The chances of KO'eing is slim, plausible not probable. Unlike most stronger bricks he can hit him more times faster than them albeit weaker. And the showing against him is kinda double face, Priest SM vs. W is when the time it happened, on Spider-man's book however when he got pissed off because Logan stabbed him for no reason, he rocked him till he was on the point of semi-consciousness.

Breaking Logan's neck is an option. Bones don't connect to other bones you know and the adamantium isn't grafted to his ligaments, joints and tendons.

obviously wolverine looks quite "rocked"....

or.... not..... confused

sorry pal, but his admantium skeleton is bonded at a molecular level.. it's all one big hunkin piece... it's been stated and proven time and time again. breaking his neck isn't an option that spidey has.. What the f**k?

TwisterGameX
umm nobody but me was in this thread debating for couple of pages. I wrote over paragraphs and the others had no proble with it and started to debate. You on the other hand, see what you want to see and understand what you want to.

So far I hear you say something about yeah we all came to that conclusion about twister.(your first post in here, nothing to do with th ethread) Then i hear wolverine is nothing without his claws. or in other threads you and your friends going on 10 pages with noone even their to defend wolverine, talking to each other about wolvie gods and posting pics of people dressed up as wolverine. THats your only arguement if you could call it that.

LethalFemme

or.... not..... confused

sorry pal, but his admantium skeleton is bonded at a molecular level.. it's all one big hunkin piece... it's been stated and proven time and time again. breaking his neck isn't an option that spidey has.. What the f**k?

*pushes jinzin into web* whistle

Tha C-Master
I wouldn't worry about breaking his neck honestly, but disabling him...

TwisterGameX

or.... not..... confused

sorry pal, but his admantium skeleton is bonded at a molecular level.. it's all one big hunkin piece... it's been stated and proven time and time again. breaking his neck isn't an option that spidey has.. What the f**k? Jinzin . Do you have the whole graveyard fight in scans ? or did you loose the issue ?

Tha C-Master
umm nobody but me was in this thread debating for couple of pages. I wrote over paragraphs and the others had no proble with it and started to debate. You on the other hand, see what you want to see and understand what you want to.

So far I hear you say something about yeah we all came to that conclusion about twister.(your first post in here, nothing to do with th ethread) Then i hear wolverine is nothing without his claws. or in other threads you and your friends going on 10 pages with noone even their to defend wolverine, talking to each other about wolvie gods and posting pics of people dressed up as wolverine. THats your only arguement if you could call it that. I stopped taking this place seriously A LONG time ago... sleep after I got through with spidey vs snake, I went to the General Discussion forum, and made my own... I've already done my dues. wink

That being said, how does wolverine resist inertia? I'm still waiting.

TwisterGameX
Let me stop. I forgot you said you love it when I argue with you and you do it on purpose and stuff.

Thacmaster- "I may piss you off, but I thought you realized I was being a shithead on purpose".

thacmaster-"I honestly say I like it more when you fight with me"

Jose123

or.... not..... confused

his bones are. not the tendons and ligaments that keep his body together. otherwise he wouldn't be able to move.

TwisterGameX
I stopped taking this place seriously A LONG time ago... sleep after I got through with spidey vs snake, I went to the General Discussion forum, and made my own... I've already done my dues. wink

That being said, how does wolverine resist inertia? I'm still waiting. oh yeah you just troll around in here now.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>