Silver surfer vs Justice leaugue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Eternity
Silver surfer vs Superman flash Hawk girl WW MM Aquaman steel

Eternity
Could SS take down these guys by 1. draining solar energy from supes and emitting kryptonite radiation. Proceeding then to ko steel Aquaman WW and Hawk girl with a full power blast then straight beating MM by creating some sort of flame pit and imprisoning him inside after this he chases flash around a bit and finally gets him with a cosmic blast kayoeing him.Just for fun batman i will add batman without prep whom SS would also ko if not kill. Is this possible or not

golem370
Flash would be the only real threat

HigH ScholaR
Although SS is could on a normal basis he could lose tough if he were to amp himself up he can win or just send them dimension hopping. and MM's Physicailities will do shit as SS has stood up to Moondragon with the Mind Gem

Eternity
IF a green lantern is added to the mix would SS still have a winning chance if he was to use his powers to their full potential

The Ion
No and he isn't beating them without GL either.

Sir Whirlysplat
Flash steals his speed Supes, speed blitzs him, Aquaman shuts he's brain down with MM. Game over.

BobbyD
laughing out loud

Wow! That was fast.

HigH ScholaR
Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat
Flash steals his speed Supes, speed blitzs him, Aquaman shuts he's brain down with MM. Game over.

nope, SS speed blitz all of them except flash he either clones himslef and lets his board occupy flash. then finifhes flash off or just amp himself off, SS reisited Moondrahon when she had the miond gem, no matter how powerful mm AND aq ARE thay will do shit.

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by HigH ScholaR
nope, SS speed blitz all of them except flash he either clones himslef and lets his board occupy flash. then finifhes flash off or just amp himself off, SS reisited Moondrahon when she had the miond gem, no matter how powerful mm AND aq ARE thay will do shit.

I think MM is above Moondragon, but it's your opion I disagree with it. I think he speed blitzs noone if his speed is stolen.

supremthor
People wat about woderwoman uses her god force..SS dies in a nano second

soleran30
Its not just moondragon but the gem as well that makes it as such...........................anyway SS is kinda like Wolverine no matter what you put in fron of them they have SOME way of defeating it or you cannot defeat them because they ROCK!smile

Wally West
I think there are just to many of them, especially with Superman, Wonder Woman and Martian Manhunter in there, they could have a decent chance of bringing him down more often than not. He could take all of them individually of course.

Juntai
He can do well against them in one on one combat, no way he's taking out the JLA entirely though, they dealt with stuff beyond him regularly in their comics.

The Ion
Does it take place in DCU? If so, the Power Cosmic isn't jack shit in DC so Surfer goes down in seconds. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Juntai
Originally posted by The Ion
Does it take place in DCU? If so, the Power Cosmic isn't jack shit in DC so Surfer goes down in seconds. roll eyes (sarcastic) LOL.

long pig
I give him 50/50 odds if Fate isn't there.

He can beat any of 'em pretty easily, and could probably beat them all with good effort.

Juntai
Originally posted by long pig
I give him 50/50 odds if Fate isn't there.

He can beat any of 'em pretty easily, and could probably beat them all with good effort. I dunno man, they've dealt with stuff that are Skyfather level or may even surpass Galactus in regular single shot issues, not to mention what they do in 3 parters and up.

It'd be a little harder to do without Batman though, they seem to be full of awesome power but act like children when he's not there to tell them HOW to fix it. lol.

Truthfully though, Superman, especially with the others around to fight and keep Surfer busy, could probably devise a way to stop him. He's pretty ingenius at that, check how he beat Blackrock 2 recently for example.

But 50/50 is more reasonable than most people are willing to give them... depite what the comics show.

long pig
Originally posted by Juntai
I dunno man, they've dealt with stuff that are Skyfather level or may even surpass Galactus in regular single shot issues, not to mention what they do in 3 parters and up.

It'd be a little harder to do without Batman though, they seem to be full of awesome power but act like children when he's not there to tell them HOW to fix it. lol.

Truthfully though, Superman, especially with the others around to fight and keep Surfer busy, could probably devise a way to stop him. He's pretty ingenius at that, check how he beat Blackrock 2 recently for example.

But 50/50 is more reasonable than most people are willing to give them... depite what the comics show.
They have handled near skyfather power, but it's almost always due to PISCIS.

Flash could try to steal his kinetic energy, but Surfer can do the same thing. He'd stolen people KE before.

Flash is really the only one with outrageous enough feats to be a threat to Surfer. They both are insanely powerful. But, Surfer is just on a total other spectrum of power.

It's not a good thing, Surfer sucks because of it.

Without MM connecting Batman's mind to the team, and him showing them what to do, they do get lost easily.

He has an equal chance of winning or losing this.

TheKahn
Does anyone know to what extent SS has the ability to transmute elements and affect molecules. I know he can but I don't know how strong that ability is. Aside from the Flash (speed force) WW (olympian magic) and Superman (super aura) could SS just turn the rest into lead just as the fight starts?

long pig
Originally posted by TheKahn
Does anyone know to what extent SS has the ability to transmute elements and affect molecules. I know he can but I don't know how strong that ability is. Aside from the Flash (speed force) WW (olympian magic) and Superman (super aura) could SS just turn the rest into lead just as the fight starts?
I don't see why not.

thesilverspider
Why is flash being looked at as the biggest threat when his power is speed and surfer has plenty of that.

dvampire
tv_horror Surfer gets beat down.

King KAM
This fight is just plain ignorant....

Avalonofthewind
Surfer gets Ko'd in no time flat.

DOOM2099
It depends on which version of the Surfer you are reading, really.

The only fair fight goes like this: Pre-Crisis JLA vs modern age SS.

That would end in a draw. Any other configuration ends with SS agonizing for 16 panels over why he had to destroy such noble beings etc etc.

Come on, man. Power COSMIC. He could take out the entire GL corps without breaking a sweat. He's the Silver Surfer. The guy who is boring because he's so powerful. He can fly through the freaking sun! He can hear an asteroid collision in nearby solar systems. He was the foremost herald of Galactus. How can you think the JLA has a chance against SS?

thesilverspider
Originally posted by DOOM2099

That would end in a draw. Any other configuration ends with SS agonizing for 16 panels over why he had to destroy such noble beings etc etc.

Come on, man. Power COSMIC. He could take out the entire GL corps without breaking a sweat. He's the Silver Surfer. The guy who is boring because he's so powerful. He can fly through the freaking sun! He can hear an asteroid collision in nearby solar systems. He was the foremost herald of Galactus. How can you think the JLA has a chance against SS?
I feel sorry for you ...................... no

TheKahn
The problem is that the members of the JLA have either a weakness or can be out classed by SS, while SS doesn't really have a weakness to speak of.

Mindship
Surfer winning is not a given but certainly possible. I suggest after trading some blows he appears weak, draws them in, then releases a single burst of antimatter.

Or he just starts off stopping time. Then he can have his way with Diana before annihilating everyone with antimatter.

Good thing Batman wasnt included in this mix.

AcousticDoc
surfer would win. he shrinks to the size of an atom and plants a cosmic bomb inside everyones brain. Boom. alll dead. Of course Norin is too peaceful to ever do saomething like that....but he could.

TheKahn
Originally posted by Mindship
Then he can have his way with Diana before annihilating everyone with antimatter.

with what exactly?

LordKaos
Unless they cut him off from cosmic energy they can't stop him.

Juntai
Stopping time won't work. Flash could just lend the the Speedforce. Giving them all the power to ignore time, and even giving the lower level guys here super power. And certainly enough for all of them to keep pace with Surfer in combat.

The Ion

laughing

TheKahn
but could any block his transmutation powers?

Eternity
I think surfer could take all these guys down if he fights to his full potential and uses all his powers efficiently.

long pig
Originally posted by thesilverspider
Why is flash being looked at as the biggest threat when his power is speed and surfer has plenty of that.
Because he's the only one who is slightly in Surfer's league, even if only by a smidge.

If Fate were here, Surfer would lose 9/10, but since he isn't, Surfer could beat the JLA 5/10.

It just depends.

The Ion
Why would Fate be there? He's never been in the League. confused

Mider
surfer beating superman WW and MM at once? rightttt not happening.

Dizzle
I honestly don't see how someone with the godly speed feats of Surfer CAN'T win. It's not necessarily fair, or necessarily a good thing... But even Flash needs to build up momentum. He doesn't START at 3 million x light speed. Surfer, however, does. (if not exactly that, he's always in "galaxy crossing" mode...) He searched the ENTIRE earth in the span of a single sentence. He reacted to a scream from light years away, again in mere seconds. His reactions have been stated to take nanoseconds. Flash is fast. Surfer starts out a LOT faster.

That said, Supes is blasted with kryptonite radiation, Flash's head is torn off, Manhunter is disintegrated before he can think to become intangible, and Wonderwoman is just blasted into submission.

Surfer is underrated a lot, surprisingly enough. In a heads up fight, pretty much anyone that he has the capacity to kill will be killed, because he's way the hell too fast to really be challenged by even most other speedsters. I don't think he's truly EVER been used to capacity, because he can simply do WAY too much.

long pig
Why would Fate be there? He's never been in the League. confused
SHUDDAP!

mad
He should be!

long pig
Originally posted by Dizzle
I honestly don't see how someone with the godly speed feats of Surfer CAN'T win. It's not necessarily fair, or necessarily a good thing... But even Flash needs to build up momentum. He doesn't START at 3 million x light speed. Surfer, however, does. (if not exactly that, he's always in "galaxy crossing" mode...) He searched the ENTIRE earth in the span of a single sentence. He reacted to a scream from light years away, again in mere seconds. His reactions have been stated to take nanoseconds. Flash is fast. Surfer starts out a LOT faster.

That said, Supes is blasted with kryptonite radiation, Flash's head is torn off, Manhunter is disintegrated before he can think to become intangible, and Wonderwoman is just blasted into submission.

Surfer is underrated a lot, surprisingly enough. In a heads up fight, pretty much anyone that he has the capacity to kill will be killed, because he's way the hell too fast to really be challenged by even most other speedsters. I don't think he's truly EVER been used to capacity, because he can simply do WAY too much.
I'm kinda depowering him in my mind to even give the JLA a chance. If I actually let him start off in his IG feat speed, no one in the JLA is fast enough to react to the guy.

I really, really don't like Surfer.

TheKahn
I'm kinda depowering him in my mind to even give the JLA a chance. If I actually let him start off in his IG feat speed, no one in the JLA is fast enough to react to the guy.

I really, really don't like Surfer.

Admit it, you just don't like bald superheros!

long pig
How many bald heroes are out there?

SS is too fast and durable to be a fun character.

TheKahn
Luke Cage
The Thing
Vision
Martian Manhunter
John Stewart
Deadpool
Capt. Picard....

Yea, but if he just made up new powers like Pre-Crisis Superman every issue that would be interesting

Wally West

Nah it just means hes no good for forums like this because hes ridiculously powerful (like Dr. Strange! wink). Hes still a good character.

long pig
Luke Cage
The Thing
Vision
Martian Manhunter
John Stewart
Deadpool
Capt. Picard....

Yea, but if he just made up new powers like Pre-Crisis Superman every issue that would be interesting
Ah, you're right. I do indeed hate them all.

Odd...

Yes, he does make up powers as he goes. No matter how silly it is, it'll work cuz it's power cosmic.

That's not the bad part, that's fine with me. The bad part is his above-superman durability and above Flash speed mixed in with nearly unlimited strength.

He's the space jesus.

long pig
Originally posted by Wally West

Nah it just means hes no good for forums like this because hes ridiculously powerful (like Dr. Strange! wink). Hes still a good character.
Strange is too powerful with prep. He can do anything, that's why he's out of a series sad. Without prep, he's just below Surfer due to his lack of speed.

Psycho Ninja
People call me a fanboy saying that Supez would own Thor, but some people say SS could win and didnt get called names.....

SS with IG series speed.... fine

Superman with angel wrestling, omega beam blocking, phasing abilities
MM with the ability to change into Infernus
Steel in Aegis armor !!!
WW with Medusa Mask
Aquaman with his uber-telepathy !!!

And yeah, heroes that dont have genitals are supposed to loose against heroes who actually doo!!!

How bout that !!!

long pig
Superman WOULD beat Thor. SM is too fast for Thor.

Using SS' IG feat is just using SS going all out. When he actually tries to go as fast as he can, he has hit the millionx lightspeed mark.

TheKahn
Why do all SS threads end with the discussion of superhero genitals?

dvampire
Superman WOULD beat Thor. SM is too fast for Thor.

Using SS' IG feat is just using SS going all out. When he actually tries to go as fast as he can, he has hit the millionx lightspeed mark.

That only proves that he could travel fast in flight speed though, that speed is good for running away, he can't fight at high speeds like Superman them.

As for this match, Surfer doesn't stand a chance without prep.

Avalonofthewind
JLA lite beats SS easily and handily. Surfer is no god of fighting, and definitely no genius at it either. Either Supes, or Diana could easily put a physical hurting on him. He'd need to amp heavily to physically fight, and he'd have NO opportunity to use any kind of Supes weaknesses to any effect. If people are going to hide behind "Power Cosmic"..then JLA characters should be used to full potential as well. In either case...far too much for Surfer to handle.

Or since it doesnt specify which Supes, E2 Supes would hand him his ass in milliseconds flat.

cheap cabbage
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
JLA lite beats SS easily and handily. Surfer is no god of fighting, and definitely no genius at it either. Either Supes, or Diana could easily put a physical hurting on him. He'd need to amp heavily to physically fight, and he'd have NO opportunity to use any kind of Supes weaknesses to any effect. If people are going to hide behind "Power Cosmic"..then JLA characters should be used to full potential as well. In either case...far too much for Surfer to handle.

Or since it doesnt specify which Supes, E2 Supes would hand him his ass in milliseconds flat.

Yes, Earth-2 supes would not only hand him his ass, but roast it to perfection and garnish it. But isnt e-2 supes the same guy as pre-crisis supes? If it is, the guy can reverse time by spinning and stop it by punching. It's just not fair. But PC supes was never in the JLA as we know it, so u cant use him.

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by cheap cabbage
Yes, Earth-2 supes would not only hand him his ass, but roast it to perfection and garnish it. But isnt e-2 supes the same guy as pre-crisis supes? If it is, the guy can reverse time by spinning and stop it by punching. It's just not fair. But PC supes was never in the JLA as we know it, so u cant use him.

For some reason, when I read this post, I think of "Set it, and forget it"

Damn, I'm hungry now!

HigH ScholaR
I think MM is above Moondragon, but it's your opion I disagree with it. I think he speed blitzs noone if his speed is stolen.

dammit man, moondragon had the mind gem, theres no way MM is above Moondragon with the Mind gem

soleran30
The only reason I HATE SS is because given the fact he has a fratction of cosmic power ( a small fraction small piece) he has access to powers outside what people have that access far larger pieces of it.....................................therfore he suckath...............kinda the JLA should beat him except due to his extreme cosmic powers (a small fraction of cosmic power) he would win unless batman knew about it then he makes an anticosmic power device.

HigH ScholaR
He caccons some of them first
http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/7568/stones5hz.jpg

they can't touch him
http://marvelite.prohosting.com/surfer/galactus/issue1/gal5s.jpg

http://photobucket.com/albums/b305/surfistaprateado/Silver_Surfer_1997_125_26.jpg

He'll be able to know and see them before they do
http://photobucket.com/albums/b305/...untlet3p36a.jpg

MM ain't going nowhere
http://photobucket.com/albums/b305/surfistaprateado/Silver_Surfer_037-02.jpg

JLA ain't doing shit
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...;postid=5205262

SS can win if he knows what he's doing if just pops in out of nowhere then SS chance of winning are leesend.

SS takes this 6/10 though i think more of a 5/10 chnace of SS wining.

Sir Whirlysplat

they can't touch him
http://marvelite.prohosting.com/surfer/galactus/issue1/gal5s.jpg

http://photobucket.com/albums/b305/surfistaprateado/Silver_Surfer_1997_125_26.jpg

MM ain't going nowhere

JLA ain't doing shit

SS can win if he knows what he's doing if just pops in out of nowhere then SS chance of winning are leesend.

You like the Surfer wink thats cool

Eternity

Surfer would not even allow diana to touch him. He could amp his strength to either equal or surpass hers or just balst her into oblivion. Kryptonite radiation would do it for superman and he could disintegrate mm easily. What are you refering to saying that JLA characters should be used to full potential? Flash would be the only real problem and surfer would certainly catch him before flash becomes faster. Aquaman and steel are not even issues if surfer fights smartly he could win 6 or 7/10 the keeper would win 9/10. SUrfer has taken hulks punches to no effect is it diana that goiung to pose a problem for him NO WAY

soleran30
LOL it almost hilarious to read about some fights with galactus then ss and ss wins as many if not more then galactus with a small fraction of cosmic power.

Mindship
Originally posted by Dizzle

This is THE problem with all uber-uber-uber heroes. Writing stories or effective challenges for them becomes a challenge in itself. My guess is, if the Surfer were also a tactical fighter, it would be impossible to write him because he would be able to do things we mere mortals could not even imagine.

It is why depicting him as dependent on his board for flight is absurd.
It is why -- though it aint obvious how -- he could still have his way with Diana. Just imagine, if nothing else, what power cosmic could do to the pleasure center of her brain (or for that matter, all of them; yet another way he could incapacitate the League).

Eternity

they can't touch him
http://marvelite.prohosting.com/surfer/galactus/

MM ain't going nowhere

JLA ain't doing shit

DOes surfer have better vision than supes cause i did not know about the vision thing

HigH ScholaR
You like the Surfer wink thats cool

YEP, AND I KNOW WHEN HES BEAT, AND HES NOT BEAT, but i alos like hulk, Captain Marvel (DC), Gladiator, Thor, Robin. But i detect in your post a hiddedn agenda as though yopu wish to portray me as and SS fanboy, just like you tried last time with Thor

soleran30
Once again I say kill SS he is above his projected power as seen by his displays and serioulsy he ranks up there with gay how he never dresses and superhero's always where tights.

HigH ScholaR
So you think i guy who doesn't dress is gayer then a guy or who wears yellow spandex or who wears their pants above their clothes.

soleran30
So you think i guy who doesn't dress is gayer then a guy or who wears yellow spandex or who wears their pants above their clothes.

Not particularly which is why I named no one however SS is taken now SOOOOOOO beyond his cosmic powerset its retarded thats my point.

HigH ScholaR
OK

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by Eternity
Surfer would not even allow diana to touch him. He could amp his strength to either equal or surpass hers or just balst her into oblivion. Kryptonite radiation would do it for superman and he could disintegrate mm easily. What are you refering to saying that JLA characters should be used to full potential? Flash would be the only real problem and surfer would certainly catch him before flash becomes faster. Aquaman and steel are not even issues if surfer fights smartly he could win 6 or 7/10 the keeper would win 9/10. SUrfer has taken hulks punches to no effect is it diana that goiung to pose a problem for him NO WAY

Plenty of much, much slower characters than Diana have touched him. Surfer is no light speed fighter. She has magical weapons that he can't get around.

You picked the wrong league. These characters are used to fighting as one. Flash removes speed from SS, and gives to everyone else on the league, they lasso SS, and Supes simply pummels him to oblivion. MM is bored, so is aquaman.

HigH ScholaR
SS can go temporal no stealing speed is going to work or create a baarier like the scans i've posted , even if his speedis stolen he'll just recover it natural as his is feed the power cosmic and/or he'll just amp himself back. oh and SS and move in fast sppeds he once broke these special bonds used to capture him in a nano second.

DigiMark007
LOL...4 pages. Decent Surfer arguments, but even just Superman would be a good match for him (despite the ludicrous he-wins-in-two-seconds-because-of-a-specific-radiation-blast argument I've heard many times before...he would need to know exactly what to do, since a normal blast would just be damaging, not draining. In the meantime, Supes is every bit his equal, if not better, in strength and fight speed) though he'd probably lose eventually. But with two high-level telepaths attempting to harass him, a person he probably can't even see (Flash), and multiple herald-level beings pounding him he's in over his head.

It's great to point to best case scenario arguments, in which case Surfer has a bit more chance (though we'd also have to include some ridiculous Superman feats), but can anyone honestly see Surfer being written (even with a good writer who's doing justice to the characters) to beat the majority of the JLA? Not happening.

DrDoom101
MM and Flash are the real threats.

HigH ScholaR
Two high level what, they don't come close to a person weilding the mind gem let alone when its moondragon

http://photobucket.com/albums/b305/surfistaprateado/Infinity_Crusade03-34.jpg

Now SS can just go temporal and beat them in that state or just create a force field around himself and bet that using his cosmic powers.

DigiMark007
Moondragon was trying to bludgeon him telepathically. Once they see that they can't just assault him, MM and Aquaman can just harass him. Telepathic interference from two trained telepaths will do wonders for slower down fight speed and concenttration.

And MM could phase trhough that bubble...or WW could hold her lasso while Flash wraps him in it, then hold him down with it while the rest of them beat him senseless. Too many possibilities. Surfer's the most powerful in the fight...but it isn't a one-on-one.

illadelph12
This thread is an interesting read.

My first impulse reading the title was JLA all the way, but given the roster and Surfer's abilities, and the fact this is a forum battle and not a comic, I'd give Surfer anywhere from 5/10-7/10. Surfer's speed, cosmic awareness, manipulation of the EM spectrum and matter transmutation abilities are really too formidable.

Aquaman, Steel, and HawkGirl could be downed at the onset of combat, possibly Flash and Manhunter as well given Surfer's speed.

Supes is comparable to Surfer (the "majestic" class of hero), but his weakness to a specific radiation frequency coupled with Surfer's cosmic awareness and energy augmentation is what gives Surfer a dynamic tactical edge against him and why I'll always side with Norrin in a straight up fight. In a pure slugfest without other abilities at play I'd side with Supes all day due to his experience and feats, but even then Surfer has taken extreme heavyweights by physical means, including M'rungo M'uu, a B-league Skyfather from a one shot.

Wonder Woman is extremely powerful (and skilled) but has durability issues.

Flash has one ability that Surfer can trump.

Surfer's just too versatile for this particular group given their weaknesses and ability sets. Combined they just about equal Surfer's ability set, but he also has cosmic awareness, complete control of the EM spectrum, is glaringly faster and can erect forcefields.

If they had Kyle or John with them I'd drop Surfer to maybe 2/10-3/10.

A GL and Batman about the same. Bat's is the brains, but he's very mortal.

Avalonofthewind
Two high level what, they don't come close to a person weilding the mind gem let alone when its moondragon

http://photobucket.com/albums/b305/surfistaprateado/Infinity_Crusade03-34.jpg

What does this prove? That Surfer can be controlled. He got out of it eventually, like all characters do.

Now SS can just go temporal and beat them in that state or just create a force field around himself and bet that using his cosmic powers.

This just shows Surfer getting beat down by Hulk alone...

HigH ScholaR
do you now what happend before that scan SS was too busy Anaylysing Hulks Unusual energy reading, ignoring Hulk warnings so maybe i should post the scan before that for you. big grin

Avalonofthewind
do you now what happend before that scan SS was too busy Anaylysing Hulks Unusual energy reading, ignoring Hulk warnings so maybe i should post the scan before that for you. big grin

Feel free. Superman alone has defeated characters above Surfer.
Adding the league is overkill.

HigH ScholaR
Originally posted by illadelph12
This thread is an interesting read.

My first impulse reading the title was JLA all the way, but given the roster and Surfer's abilities, and the fact this is a forum battle and not a comic, I'd give Surfer anywhere from 5/10-7/10. Surfer's speed, cosmic awareness, manipulation of the EM spectrum and matter transmutation abilities are really too formidable.

Aquaman, Steel, and HawkGirl could be downed at the onset of combat, possibly Flash and Manhunter as well given Surfer's speed.

Supes is comparable to Surfer (the "majestic" class of hero), but his weakness to a specific radiation frequency coupled with Surfer's cosmic awareness and energy augmentation is what gives Surfer a dynamic tactical edge against him and why I'll always side with Norrin in a straight up fight. In a pure slugfest without other abilities at play I'd side with Supes all day due to his experience and feats, but even then Surfer has taken extreme heavyweights by physical means, including M'rungo M'uu, a B-league Skyfather from a one shot.

Wonder Woman is extremely powerful (and skilled) but has durability issues.

Flash has one ability that Surfer can trump.

Surfer's just too versatile for this particular group given their weaknesses and ability sets. Combined they just about equal Surfer's ability set, but he also has cosmic awareness, complete control of the EM spectrum, is glaringly faster and can erect forcefields.

If they had Kyle or John with them I'd drop Surfer to maybe 2/10-3/10.

A GL and Batman about the same. Bat's is the brains, but he's very mortal.

At last, Good post

HigH ScholaR
Here you go Avalonofthewind

SILVER SURFER VS HULK

http://photobucket.com/albums/b305/surfistaprateado/Silver_Surfer_1997_125_15.jpg

http://photobucket.com/albums/b305/surfistaprateado/Silver_Surfer_1997_125_16.jpg

http://photobucket.com/albums/b305/surfistaprateado/Silver_Surfer_1997_125_17.jpg

http://photobucket.com/albums/b305/surfistaprateado/Silver_Surfer_1997_125_18.jpg

http://photobucket.com/albums/b305/surfistaprateado/Silver_Surfer_1997_125_19.jpg

http://photobucket.com/albums/b305/surfistaprateado/Silver_Surfer_1997_125_20.jpg

http://photobucket.com/albums/b305/surfistaprateado/Silver_Surfer_1997_125_21.jpg

http://photobucket.com/albums/b305/surfistaprateado/Silver_Surfer_1997_125_27.jpg

http://photobucket.com/albums/b305/surfistaprateado/Silver_Surfer_1997_125_28.jpg

HigH ScholaR
aNOTHER EXAMPLE OF SS's forcefield, heck he don't even need to use it on himself http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=5671022

Forecfield
http://photobucket.com/albums/b305/surfistaprateado/Silver_Surfer_v3_146_12.jpg

he can just put the force field around the league

snoopdogg
All they have to do is have Flash steal Norrins speed then have Supes unleash a Thor-buster.

illadelph12
Feel free. Superman alone has defeated characters above Surfer.
Adding the league is overkill.

Did those characters have complete control of the EM spectrum as well as cosmic awareness, and use them to emit the specific energy signature Supes is vulnerable to?

If not, that statement is immaterial.

Saying Supes has beaten characters more powerful than Surfer is a moot point given:

1) Not all characters have the same ability sets.

2) Not all characters are portrayed to use their abilities in the most tactically efficient manner. Case in point being a Green Lantern throwing punches at Deathstroke.

If the fight were a purely physical confrontation, Supes might have the edge, as in comic books it's more commonplace that fights are prone to deteriorating into fisticuffs (which makes for better visuals).

That's not an affliction here on the forum.

Surfer has the ability to not allow this fight to degrade into a physical confrontation. None of his opponents in this thread have anywhere near his level of ranged attack abilities or the ability to erect his league of forcefields and combat at the same time.

snoopdogg
aNOTHER EXAMPLE OF SS's forcefield, heck he don't even need to use it on himself http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=5671022

Forecfield
http://photobucket.com/albums/b305/surfistaprateado/Silver_Surfer_v3_146_12.jpg

he can just put the force field around the league How is that gonna stop the Martian Manhunter?

HigH ScholaR
Originally posted by Eternity
DOes surfer have better vision than supes cause i did not know about the vision thing

Yep i believe so unless someone shows me a scan of superman seeing lightyears away.

illadelph12
Originally posted by snoopdogg
All they have to do is have Flash steal Norrins speed then have Supes unleash a Thor-buster.

I doubt Flash could steal Surfer's speed. I don't think the Speed Force supercedes the Power Cosmic. If anything they'd probably stalemate and neither would be able to sap the other's kinetic energy (as that is an ability of the Power Cosmic).

HigH ScholaR
becasue they have shown to withstand forces surpasing MM

snoopdogg
becasue they have shown to withstand forces surpasing MM In your opinion ofcourse.

thesilverspider
Yep i believe so unless someone shows me a scan of superman seeing lightyears away.
Anyone with cosmic awareness has better senses then superman.

snoopdogg
I doubt Flash could steal Surfer's speed. I don't think the Speed Force supercedes the Power Cosmic. If anything they'd probably stalemate and neither would be able to sap the other's kinetic energy (as that is an ability of the Power Cosmic). Any movement is kinetic energy. That's what Flash does.

Norrin goes down.

HigH ScholaR

even if he did, SS constantly absorbs the power cosmic, so his speed will be back and he could just speed up the process, or amp himself up.

snoopdogg
Anyone with cosmic awareness has better senses then superman. Becareful what you wish for.

thesilverspider
Any movement is kinetic energy. That's what Flash does.

Norrin goes down.
surfer can steal KE aswell.

thesilverspider
Becareful what you wish for.

What the f**k? .....Did I ask for something........ confused

HigH ScholaR
SS don't even need to get close to them he'll just beat them at a distant with not only a forcefield protrectin him, but a cosmic barrier around his body he'll turn flash legs into seat warmers.

snoopdogg
even if he did, SS constantly absorbs the power cosmic, so his speed will be back and he could just speed up the process, or amp himself up. Yea but it takes awhile. Trust me on that.

snoopdogg
What the f**k? .....Did I ask for something........ confused No. The other guy did. He wanted to see a scan of Supes seeing lightyears away. I'm workin on that.

thesilverspider
Yea but it takes awhile. Trust me on that.
That's without absorbing from a source such as stars.
Plus Flash is not stealing his speed,flash is dead in the first second of the battle.

illadelph12
Yea but it takes awhile. Trust me on that.

Who was Surfer fighting against in that comic? Could you post the the whole page please? And the 2 pages prior.

thesilverspider
No. The other guy did. He wanted to see a scan of Supes seeing lightyears away. I'm workin on that.
Then why quote me?

snoopdogg
That's without absorbing from a source such as stars.
Plus Flash is not stealing his speed,flash is dead in the first second of the battle. Flash is faster than energy attacks. He outruns Supes heat vision.

HigH ScholaR
you tried to soil the ss respect thread to no avail

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=5721985#post5721985

snoopdogg
Who was Surfer fighting against in that comic? Could you post the the whole page please? And the 2 pages prior. He was fighting the Abomination.

thesilverspider
Flash is faster than energy attacks. He outruns Supes heat vision.
but he is not faster then surfer who could just back slap flash and he's out.

HigH ScholaR
that when he had to do something and he had about half power, and he still beat abomination, aint that in the 1960s. i can't remember ewxacly how he lost some of his powers but i'll check
got that as an essential

snoopdogg
that when he had to do something and he had about half power, and he still beat abomination, aint that in the 1960s. i can't remember ewxacly how he lost some of his powers but i'll check
got that as an essential Your wrong. That was kgkg weak argument.

HigH ScholaR
How so, beacuse i never said he did, if you can see form my post i am confused on the matter and can not rmemebr much..don't worru i'll lokk in my essential.

snoopdogg
How so, beacuse i never said he did, if you can see form my post i am confused on the matter and can not rmemebr much..don't worru i'll lokk in my essential. The pic was supposed to show his power comes back slowly. It dosn't matter how or who he was fighting.

snoopdogg

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=5721985#post5721985 How? In alot of respect threads there is pics of the character who the thread is for getting his @ss kicked.

In the Gladiator thread there is scans of him getting beat by Cannonball and Gladiator.

snoopdogg
How? In alot of respect threads there is pics of the character who the thread is for getting his @ss kicked.

In the Gladiator thread there is scans of him getting beat by Cannonball and Gladiator. Cannonball and Thor.

DOOM2099
I can't believe this is still going. Do you really think any incarnation of the league that doesn't include pre-crisis Supes has even an inkling of a chance? Seriously. Let me break it down for you.

Beside just being faster etc etc ... According to The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Deluxe Edition etc The Surfer can potentially reverse the effects of death... You suppose MM has been holding that power in reserve? Raising the feaking dead? The Surfer is on a completely different level of power. He is beyond anything the JLA can muster (without a call to Kent Nelson or Jim Corrigan). This is not even a fight. The league can't beat the Surfer, not even with help from the Batman and the GL Corps and Orion and Scott Free and the Yancy Street Gang, okay?.

No

Freaking

Way.
Against WW........Sorry, not even a fight.

Against The Flash.......... Hits FTL about three systems away, splatters Wally before he even smells him.

Against MM......... Well, I guess the power cosmic can produce fire right?

Against Arthur........ Uhh, moving on....

Against Supes........... See: The Flash

Against Batman........ See: Supes

Seriously, they would never have any idea they were even in a fight until it was over. Way over. I'm sorry, but how you can persist in thinking this would even be a challenge for the guy that can FLY THROUGH A SUN is beyond me.

TheKahn
I can't believe this is still going. Do you really think any incarnation of the league that doesn't include pre-crisis Supes has even an inkling of a chance? Seriously. Let me break it down for you.

Beside just being faster etc etc ... According to The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Deluxe Edition etc The Surfer can potentially reverse the effects of death... You suppose MM has been holding that power in reserve? Raising the feaking dead? The Surfer is on a completely different level of power. He is beyond anything the JLA can muster (without a call to Kent Nelson or Jim Corrigan). This is not even a fight. The league can't beat the Surfer, not even with help from the Batman and the GL Corps and Orion and Scott Free and the Yancy Street Gang, okay?.

No

Freaking

Way.
Against WW........Sorry, not even a fight.

Against The Flash.......... Hits FTL about three systems away, splatters Wally before he even smells him.

Against MM......... Well, I guess the power cosmic can produce fire right?

Against Arthur........ Uhh, moving on....

Against Supes........... See: The Flash

Against Batman........ See: Supes

Seriously, they would never have any idea they were even in a fight until it was over. Way over. I'm sorry, but how you can persist in thinking this would even be a challenge for the guy that can FLY THROUGH A SUN is beyond me.

Two words: Bat-kickbatman

The Ion
Could you explain how Surfer can beat the GL Corps? I'm interested in hearing that. smile

TheKahn
he turns yellow???

snoopdogg
Could you explain how Surfer can beat the GL Corps? I'm interested in hearing that. smile I don't know if he can even beat the top ones like Hal or Kyle.

Avalonofthewind
Way over. I'm sorry, but how you can persist in thinking this would even be a challenge for the guy that can FLY THROUGH A SUN is beyond me.

So you're voting for Supes then, right? cool

TheKahn
I with Doom2099 on this one. Think about it: Wonder Womans magic teria cut Superman, Silver Surfer's surfboad would, like, surf on him to death. blink

Avalonofthewind
I with Doom2099 on this one. Think about it: Wonder Womans magic teria cut Superman, Silver Surfer's surfboad would, like, surf on him to death. blink

That same Tiara would cut Surfer as well.
Surfers Board isn't magic. smile

TheKahn
The Silver Surfer laughs at magic, but cries when his thinks of the loss of his "little herald"crybaby

dvampire
The Silver Surfer laughs at magic, but cries when his thinks of the loss of his "little herald"crybaby

Surfer doesn't laugh at magic, not even his creator Galactus. smile

Oh and the league wins, this match is overkill! big grin

Psycho Ninja
dvampire is right........

Well, Flash & Supez isnt the one who got drained by the likes of DR.DOOM !!!

And, yeah, show me a scan with proove that SS can avoid kinetic energy absorbtion !!!

long pig
Originally posted by Psycho Ninja
dvampire is right........

Well, Flash & Supez isnt the one who got drained by the likes of DR.DOOM !!!

And, yeah, show me a scan with proove that SS can avoid kinetic energy absorbtion !!!
Prove Superman can break a cats neck. We know he can because he has the power to do it, it's just the situation never arrived that forced him to do it.

See what I'm saying.

Simply, Surfer's control over KE is greater than Flash's, hell, I'd bet SS could steal Flash's speed by doing the turtle on him.

SS once absorbed kinetic enegy from psycho man I believe. He has complete control over any energy.

Some characters are just that uber. SS can steal speed as easily as Flash, but doesn't need t o do it and isn't written to do it because it's not his premere power. Just like Strange, even though Strange's telekinesis isn't used often, it's assumed it's not very powerful. But, in the god cable vs Strange fight, I showed a scan of Strange actually moving a medium sized moon with TK alone.

brainchild81

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=5721985#post5721985 & that WAS a cheapshot 'Seid used. Surfer was watching Orion and 'Seid shot him in the back. I would've done the same though. When you're fighting for your planet against almost impossible odds, you do whatever it takes and fight dirty as possible.

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by brainchild81
& that WAS a cheapshot 'Seid used. Surfer was watching Orion and 'Seid shot him in the back. I would've done the same though. When you're fighting for your planet against almost impossible odds, you do whatever it takes and fight dirty as possible.

Bull.
DS spoke a whole sentence to him before blasting him.
When you supposedly have 300x light speed, there shouldn't be a such thing as "cheap shots."

brainchild81
He shot him in the back. That's a cheapshot where I'm from

Avalonofthewind
Bull.
DS spoke a whole sentence to him before blasting him.
When you supposedly have 300x light speed, there shouldn't be a such thing as "cheap shots."

Juntai
Prove Superman can break a cats neck. We know he can because he has the power to do it, it's just the situation never arrived that forced him to do it.

See what I'm saying.

Simply, Surfer's control over KE is greater than Flash's, hell, I'd bet SS could steal Flash's speed by doing the turtle on him.

SS once absorbed kinetic enegy from psycho man I believe. He has complete control over any energy.

Some characters are just that uber. SS can steal speed as easily as Flash, but doesn't need t o do it and isn't written to do it because it's not his premere power. Just like Strange, even though Strange's telekinesis isn't used often, it's assumed it's not very powerful. But, in the god cable vs Strange fight, I showed a scan of Strange actually moving a medium sized moon with TK alone. Flash stole the kinetic energy of the planet and everything on it.
lol.

Juntai
And about the dirty fighting.
There is no such thing.
I fight to win.
Period.

Juntai
Yep i believe so unless someone shows me a scan of superman seeing lightyears away. Superman can see the Source Wall From Earth.

Juntai
The fact is, they don't need to slow Surfer down, that was just an option someone threw out... all they have to do is have Flash extend his aura over the team, share his speed and pull them into the speedforce, Flash's speedfeats spank anyones, and he can share it.

Mider
SS beating the entire JLA is dumb i mean beating superman thats logical but the entire JLA give me a break.

the Darkone
Originally posted by Mider
SS beating the entire JLA is dumb i mean beating superman thats logical but the entire JLA give me a break.

Did you read who was on JLA roster

Silver Surfer will eat MM, Aquaman, Hawkgirl,steel alive their dead with in 5 sec. Superman and Wonder Woman are the only ones that have a slight chance, SS can do so many things to superman it wouldn't be funny, wonder woman her durability to energy blast is not that great. The Flash will get suck into a black hole and by the time he comes back JLA will be in the hospital recovering from their ass whooping.

Silver Surfer to full potenttial 7/10 or 8/10

TheKahn
I think that if written to his full potential SS would be like a mini-Galactus. Now the as said above the JLA is kind of shortchanged by the fact that they have some near-human memebers in this fight.

The only ones who would concern me are Flash, Superman, and WonderWoman. Against thoes three I'll give majority to SS and here is why: WW doesn't have the durabiltiy to take alot of shots from SS, Superman can either have the energy drained from his body or SS could just amp up his body to even greater strength and duke it out with Superman, and then there is the Flash. Now I'll assume for the sake of arguement that no one is draining anyone elses speed. SS could just turn the Flash (along with just about everyone else in the JLA team) into lead or something with his transmutation power. Superman and WW might be protected thanks his aura and her devine orgins. SS has the tools to take them down.

Avalonofthewind
The fact is, they don't need to slow Surfer down, that was just an option someone threw out... all they have to do is have Flash extend his aura over the team, share his speed and pull them into the speedforce, Flash's speedfeats spank anyones, and he can share it.
Agreed.

Also, there is no proof that Surfer can even fight at those speeds.
I give the character his credit, he travels fast through space, but then again, I've seen Galvatron, Starscream, and plenty of other Transformers do the same.

Doesn't mean they can fight at light speed.

Also, Thanos has easily beat SS physically. No fancy tricks.
Combined, all of these guys will murder him.

brainchild81
And about the dirty fighting.
There is no such thing.
I fight to win.
Period. laughing Everybody says that until somebody cracks them in the back of the head w/an aluminum bat. You guys are something, you don't seem to wanna hear anything that makes a DC character seem less than godly. 'seid shot SS in the back. That's all there is to it. I'd have done the same thing, but a shot in the back is still a shot in the back.

DOOM2099

Doesn't mean they can fight at light speed.

Do you ever READ the comics?

Not to sound like a broken record, but... How can this thread still be going? The Surfer pwns the JLA. In any incarnation, except pre-crisis Superman, of course.

Templares
While i give Norrin a distinct majority one on one against any GL ('cept for Sentinel where he splits even or gets a slight majority, or Ion where he loses more often than not), if any GL ('cept really jobbing ones) is present at all in the League's lineup, the League would win 8.5/10.

But if you field a JLA team with 3 bricks, 2 of which has exploitable weaknesses thats right up to the Surfer's alley, a speedster with slightly above human level durability, and 2 . . . . eh cannon fodder, thats not going to cut it.

The JLA needs a GL that could match the Surfer's energy projection, contain him or distract him long enough for the bricks to get their shots in.

golem370
Silver destroyes them before they have a chance to stop him or he goes back in times studies there weakness and kills them before they become JLA

Juntai
Originally posted by golem370
Silver destroyes them before they have a chance to stop him or he goes back in times studies there weakness and kills them before they become JLA In your world Cyclops could do it, though.

Avalonofthewind
Do you ever READ the comics?

Not to sound like a broken record, but... How can this thread still be going? The Surfer pwns the JLA. In any incarnation, except pre-crisis Superman, of course.

I own many and read them all.

SS owning the league..do YOU read comics?

WrathfulDwarf
Silver Surfer vs Justice League... no expression

fanboys: Silver Surfer wins!....(yeah right, THEY never Overrated Silver Surfer's powers)

S.S
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Silver Surfer vs Justice League... no expression

fanboys: Silver Surfer wins!....(yeah right, THEY never Overrated Silver Surfer's powers)
Actually with the Forum rules how they are Surfer has a very good chance of winning not the majority but he can win a few.There's no GL in here and that's probably the one guy who can really hang with him.

WrathfulDwarf
Oh, don't get me wrong. I love Silver Surfer. He's a very unique character. However, just like any well written character there must be a limit to his powers. If not...we should rename Silver Surfer to Goku or any of those overpower poorly written characters. I'd really wish to avoid this:

"he can destroys a million universes with his hand!!!!!!YAAAAY!!!!!"

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by S.S
Actually with the Forum rules how they are Surfer has a very good chance of winning not the majority but he can win a few.There's no GL in here and that's probably the one guy who can really hang with him.

Within forum rules, SS gets murdered even worse...
That means ALL characters are being powered to "godlike" status.

S.S
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Oh, don't get me wrong. I love Silver Surfer. He's a very unique character. However, just like any well written character there must be a limit to his powers. If not...we should rename Silver Surfer to Goku or any of those overpower poorly written characters.
Sure he has a limit but that limit is beyond any of the Justice leaguers in this fight.
That's why I said that Green lantern is like the one guy who can hang with him since GL can match Surfer's versatility.

S.S
Within forum rules, SS gets murdered even worse...
That means ALL characters are being powered to "godlike" status.
Surfer is already "Godlike" the way he's written regularly so under the Forum rules he's all that and a bag of chips......... wink

illadelph12
Hmm...

You know, the pro Surfer group kind of have a point.

Without GL or Fate, this particular roster chosen for the JLA only has 3 major threats, and the main threat (Supes) can be killed damn near instantaneously if necessary.

The argument will be made that that is not Norrin's character, but if you'd like to see what he's capable of when he's provoked, read The Enslavers story arc.

And given that it's assumed all characters are bloodlusted unless otherwise specified...

I still can't see Surfer taking the majority. I say a stalemate. Steel, Hawk Girl and Aquaman might as well not even be in the fight, and the only one capable of thinking about keeping up with Surfer is Flash. Surfer could always simply fight with his physical body out of phase to begin with, he can become intangible and reduce his mass to enter the microverse.

You know what, Surfer is overpowered.

S.S
Hmm...

You know, the pro Surfer group kind of have a point.

Without GL or Fate, this particular roster chosen for the JLA only has 3 major threats, and the main threat (Supes) can be killed damn near instantaneously if necessary.

The argument will be made that that is not Norrin's character, but if you'd like to see what he's capable of when he's provoked, read The Enslavers story arc.

And given that it's assumed all characters are bloodlusted unless otherwise specified...

I still can't see Surfer taking the majority. I say a stalemate. Steel, Hawk Girl and Aquaman might as well not even be in the fight, and the only one capable of thinking about keeping up with Surfer is Flash. Surfer could always simply fight with his physical body out of phase to begin with, he can become intangible and reduce his mass to enter the microverse.

You know what, Surfer is overpowered.

Let the truth be told..........yes

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by S.S
Surfer is already "Godlike" the way he's written regularly so under the Forum rules he's all that and a bag of chips......... wink

He sure is "godlike" when written correctly...unfortunately, so are the main characters in the league.

I find him boring beyond belief, but will still give him his props when deserved.

That statement about "Supes" being taken out near instantly, is pure rubbish. Even using his direct weaknesses against him, nobody has ever had an easy time with Superman.

Big Sexy
He sure is "godlike" when written correctly...unfortunately, so are the main characters in the league.

I find him boring beyond belief, but will still give him his props when deserved.

I agree. When written correctly Silver surfer is one of my favorite characters but he goes through some boring periods in comics. Hes the type of character where you buy his comics because of the uber villian he faces rather than for him as a character.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>