Was Anny Immaculately CONceived?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jeremiahbllfrg
In SW Ep. 1 When asked who's the Daddy, Momma Skywalker basically says "Gee. I don't know. There was no father. I just woke up and there he was. Guess that makes me immaculate".

No, Momma, me thinks that makes you a whore, or a least the reciprient of a galactic roofy. Certainly a whore in the eyes of the town... So instead of telling Obi Won that her son's a bastard, what happens? A Big Masturbation Fantasy For Both Jews & Christians and Other Science Fiction Fans: : : (Drum role please...) Ye Olde "Chosen One/Savior" saga. Yeah, and if you buy this, I also have a bridge to sell you. I bet if L. Ron Hubbard was around then that Vader's mom would be a Scientologist (you know that 'non-profit religion').

This to me is a turn-off, an annoyance and insult to
the intelligence if one has it... Sorry to those submerged in their faiths
but please search the connection between mythology and
western religion and you'll find God is a plagerist... tell
God to get a better ghost writer/rider next time, and then pass it on the fyi to Georgie.

The strangest thing is that Anny is immaculate, but becomes evil, but then redeems himself for all his bad ways simply by saving his son at the hands of the evil emperor who already made it clear he was to kill Vader anyway. On the other hand, Luke, doesn't whine, is always good and innocent, yet was born from that evil act of s.e.x. Georgie, you make me sick.

Or maybe I'm mistaken in this whole rant and Anny's mom was simply saying "I don't know who the daddy is. Got drunk one night and there it was."

DeVi| D0do
Luke doesn't whine? Have you even seen A New Hope? If Luke's "But I was going to the Toshi station..." isn't whining, I don't know what is...

jeremiahbllfrg
Yes, you are right, but comparatively speaking, Luke'a s real man compared to Anny's constant whining IMHO. But please stick to the main point. Thx.

DeVi| D0do
Nah.

KENobi™
Ani, not Anny. stick out tongue

I believe Shmi was serious when she said there was no father. It's Sci-Fi, so why not?

Jedi Priestess
We are discussing this again? And who is Anny?

Stun
Anny? Anny? who the f**k is Anny?

Next Venom_girl
Popular Candidates for Who's Your Daddy contestant Anakin Skywalker include Qui-gon, Plagius, Sidious, and George Lucas...

jeremiahbllfrg
Anny Anni Ani Annie. Really, what does it matter? May the Farce be with you... always.

Wind Sister
Have you considered that George was just trying to make Anakin seem more mysterious and "ununderstandable" erm

Wow, that was so relevant to the topic and necessary to prove the point no expression

I will try not to take that offesively mad

Luke, too, is a whiny brat. . .and just because Ani was born without a father, does not mean that his children would be sinning if they weren't erm

Its a possibility wink

KENobi™
Originally posted by jeremiahbllfrg
Anny Anni Ani Annie. Really, what does it matter? May the Farce be with you... always.

One is the proper spelling, the others aren't.

jeremiahbllfrg

Stun
or just Anakin lolstick out tongue

Wind Sister
Originally posted by Stun

Stun is right on it eek!

Tangible God
Personally, I think Annie is most appropriate. (snickers) How?

Taranis
I'd link you to a family tree of the Skywalkers, but I'm still new, so I can't. Go google wookiepedia and then search within the wiki house of skywalker. It'll be in there somewhere.

Shmi was the second wife to a man by the name of Cliegg Lars. Cliegg had a child with his first wife. That would be Owen Lars. While the Shmi and Cliegg were married, that doesn't necessarily imply that Cliegg had a child by her, or no less than implying that Joseph is Jesus' daddy.

Though, if you look at Shmi as the Virgin Mary, that would technically mean that Anakin-Jesus had twins. :P

But I think the vast majority of what I said falls under EU content, anyways.

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by Stun

No doubt, that Ani business had the be one of THE dumbest tings GL did.

Shadow x 20
In SW Ep. 1 When asked who's the Daddy, Momma Skywalker basically says "Gee. I don't know. There was no father. I just woke up and there he was. Guess that makes me immaculate".

No, Momma, me thinks that makes you a whore, or a least the reciprient of a galactic roofy. Certainly a whore in the eyes of the town... So instead of telling Obi Won that her son's a bastard, what happens? A Big Masturbation Fantasy For Both Jews & Christians and Other Science Fiction Fans: : : (Drum role please...) Ye Olde "Chosen One/Savior" saga. Yeah, and if you buy this, I also have a bridge to sell you. I bet if L. Ron Hubbard was around then that Vader's mom would be a Scientologist (you know that 'non-profit religion').

God to get a better ghost writer/rider next time, and then pass it on the fyi to Georgie.

The strangest thing is that Anny is immaculate, but becomes evil, but then redeems himself for all his bad ways simply by saving his son at the hands of the evil emperor who already made it clear he was to kill Vader anyway. On the other hand, Luke, doesn't whine, is always good and innocent, yet was born from that evil act of s.e.x. Georgie, you make me sick.

Or maybe I'm mistaken in this whole rant and Anny's mom was simply saying "I don't know who the daddy is. Got drunk one night and there it was."

WTF? You know this is a pointless thread. You're making a big deal of a movie. It's just a movie, nothing has to make sense. You're complaining about Shmi not knowing who the father was but when it comes to light travel, lightsabers, the force, a little green guy that can kick so many people's @$$'s and fights better then Jackie Chan all that is alright.

Ushgarak
This thread is based around the idea that fans think Anakin is portrayed as a Christian allegory.

In fact, not many think that all, seeing it as the generic mythological 'child of the Gods' vibe that GL intended.

So the smart-ass attitude of the opening post is hardly welcome.

jeremiahbllfrg
So you, all wise keyboard weilder, say that SW has no X-ian allegory with it's suggestive immaculate conception, good vs evil, chosen one, and instant redemption occurances . So sorry, I must be a noob (Whatever that is), or then again, maybe a nob (noddle, crown, cranium, think tank).

Boris
It's a movie...

Christians are crazy...

That is all.

Alkaselzer
Not that it's about Christianity anyway. roll eyes (sarcastic)

sithsaber408
And not all Christians are crazy either!!!

It's more crazy to kill babies and old people and save whales and trees.

Or to see said trees, flowers, organisims inside humans, star systems etc.... and think that it's all some cosmic c*mshot that just accidentally happened.

Evolution was darwin's wet dream, that he himself reputed on his deathbed, and remains, while taught in shcools, the same as Christianity: an unprovable theory.

Oh, and I read in the "official" darth vader guide that was released, that plagues created anikan, and then palps killed him, fearing replacement.

So, yes, he was immaculately concieved.

sithsaber408
angel

DeVi| D0do
Originally posted by sithsaber408
And not all Christians are crazy either!!!

It's more crazy to kill babies and old people and save whales and trees.

Or to see said trees, flowers, organisims inside humans, star systems etc.... and think that it's all some cosmic c*mshot that just accidentally happened.

Evolution was darwin's wet dream, that he himself reputed on his deathbed, and remains, while taught in shcools, the same as Christianity: an unprovable theory.
Wow, that was relevant.

no expression

Next Venom_girl
TOPIC!!!

Ushgarak
So you, all wise keyboard weilder, say that SW has no X-ian allegory with it's suggestive immaculate conception, good vs evil, chosen one, and instant redemption occurances . So sorry, I must be a noob (Whatever that is), or then again, maybe a nob (noddle, crown, cranium, think tank).

And yet you were the one trying to earlier argue, all oh-so-superior, that Christainity took these themes from elsewhere?

And so yes. I do say that, as do most fans. The allegory is not Christian, it is generically mythological.

sithsaber408
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
Wow, that was relevant.

no expression

So was boris saying that Christians are crazy.

Make sure that your posts are equal-opportunity complaints.

sithsaber408
big grin

Boris
Originally posted by sithsaber408
So was boris saying that Christians are crazy.

Make sure that your posts are equal-opportunity complaints.

That's what they want you to think.

sithsaber408
Sorry Boris, but I don't want you to think anything...really, I don't.

I apologize for hijacking the thread too, I just got offended at your post.

Im a starwars fan, and so are you.

There are buddihst starwars fans, athiest starwars fans, and......Christian starwars fans.

Lets not shite on any of them smile

sithsaber408
Ok, we can shite on the evolutionist starwars fans.

stick out tongue

Just kidding. big grin

jeremiahbllfrg
yes, x-ianity comes from mythology and lucas is a big fan of joseph campbell... star wars is a campbells soup of mythological meaning.. i still say darth the evil one being born from a virgin is the bunk

Cascador
Oh, and I read in the "official" darth vader guide that was released, that plagues created anikan, and then palps killed him, fearing replacement.

So, yes, he was immaculately concieved.

That was only a theory, Anakin has no father he wasn't conceived by palps and his buddy...Anakin has no father figurly and litteraly, that is what George Lucas said. And that is also in the "official" database...

Oh yeah the nick...mostly it's Ani or Anniestick out tongue

truejedi

Or maybe I'm mistaken in this whole rant and Anny's mom was simply saying "I don't know who the daddy is. Got drunk one night and there it was." [/QUOTE

Do you have any idea what the word immaculate means? Any idea?

jeremiahbllfrg

DarthLazious
In this new Star Wars book I just read it said that Anakin was created by Darth Plaguesis.

Cascador
First of all...it's "Darth Plagueis", second I like to know what that book is cause it's bullshit...So I know I don't have to buy it when I see it lol

The database says it's a possible theory however unlikely. Since Anakin brought balance to the Force it's more likely that the prophecy is indeed true and that he was conceived by the Will of the Force.

exanda kane

LMAO laughing

sithsaber408
Originally posted by Cascador
First of all...it's "Darth Plagueis", second I like to know what that book is cause it's bullshit...So I know I don't have to buy it when I see it lol

The database says it's a possible theory however unlikely. Since Anakin brought balance to the Force it's more likely that the prophecy is indeed true and that he was conceived by the Will of the Force.

I read it in 2 books:

"The New Essentiall Chronology" by Steve Sansweet (I think)

It's presented as more of a theory though

"The Offical Darth Vader Guide" (just says "Vader' on the cover)

It's presented as very possible...either sidious did it or plagueis did it, and palps killed him in fear of replacement.

Off topic but, : I love Barne's and Noble (free reading and restrooms) laughing

Cascador
Well that's what the database says, it's a theory, but that doesn't mean it's true...

sithsaber408
Oh yeah, I forgot!!

On the EP3 dvd commentary, Rick Mcallum says (during the opera scene)

" Palpatine gives away so much, with this stunning revelation of his rise to power, his plan, THE ORIGINS OF ANAKIN, in just a few lines of dialogue"

I don't know how much I believe him, since he's the producer but.... confused

Cascador
well it's in the full script (art of revenge) where Palpatine reveals to Anakin he is sort of his father but it was cut...with a reason, because it seemed like deja vu from empire

Sesse
lol...

Anakin: "Is it possible to learn this kind of power?"
Palps: "No... I am your father."

Joli Bug-Azi
Originally posted by Sesse
lol...

Anakin: "Is it possible to learn this kind of power?"
Palps: "No... I am your father." laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

sithsaber408
I think it's supposed to be left to the viewer's imagination.

It's not in the database, since it was cut from the movie, so it's not cannon, but it's in the chronology, the darth vader guide, and on the EP3 dvd commentary(see earlier posts).

I watch that scene and Palps tells Anakin that the dark side of the force can influence the midichlorians to create life.

Qui-gon says in TPM that it's possible he was concieved by the midichlorians.

Point of fact, he was.

Whether it was the will of the Force, or the will of the Sith (who, I think, were unwittingly doing the will of the Force) is up for discussion.

I'm kinda leaning toward Plag's or Palp's.

(Plag's) laughing out loud

Cascador
Actually it is in the database but not with the character of Anakin Skywalker but of Darth Vader

Ganner Rhysode
I don't think George was trying to say sex is wrong at all. WTF. I think he was just trying to say simply what he DID say - that he was concieved by the Force. I've heard it argued that Palpatine "raped" Shmi, more or less, using the Force, because he knew he could use Anakin at some point, but that's a stretch.

truejedi

oddjob02
ok look, immaculate conception means "Without Sin," Mary (mother of Jesus) was immaculately conceived, not Christ. So what you are saying is was Anakin born wihtout sin? Thats what your question implies, you just don't understand your own verbage. Turst me this stuff was drilled into me though 12 years of Catholic school.

Jack Daniels
well I could be his daddy but then it wouldnt be immaculate just spectacular....for her I mean....LOL....ahhh who cares Lucas led us to only one of two possibilites (although EU leaves a few questions) either plagueis or sidious as they were only ones who had the knowledge to do so......anything with them is dirty rotten....but whos to say shmi didnt get a little "Jack" in her one night and forgot what happened...LMAO!...ahhh its good to be back!

Cascador
well I still believe what George Lucas says, he has no father, he is the chosen one...the point that Darth Plagueis and Darth Sidious is and stays a theory as it says so in the database...but what George said is not a theory...it's fact!

Jack Daniels
Gl said no papa yes but did he mean it in a physical sense as no "man" knocked her up....plagueis or sidious wouldnt have done it that way...they would have simply influenced the midis...so biologically no father but like in a sense of ummm spiritual or father the creator like sci fi movies a scientists creates a creature or android...they always refer to their creator as father...anyways somebody might get my drift...lol

Cascador
you want me to say more what he said...Anakin has no father, he was created by the will of the Force! he is the chosen one, but in the end it was his own choice that caused his downfall

there you have it...

sithsaber408
you want me to say more what he said...Anakin has no father, he was created by the will of the Force! he is the chosen one, but in the end it was his own choice that caused his downfall

there you have it...

Now I agree with you CAS, so don't get mad.

But Anakin being created by the will of the force could be by Sidious or Plag's. (or not)

I checked the database entry for Vader, as you suggested. smile

It states that anakin has no father, and was immaculately concieved.

It goes on to say that qui-gon believed he was concieved by the midi-chlorians, which he presented to the Jedi Council. (Curiously, it makes no mention of wether or not the Council believed this.)

It says that another theory is that the Sith Lords (you know which ones) created him to be the ultimate apprentice.

The thing that I find interesting, is that no character presents that(like qui-gon) as a point of view surrounding Anakin's birth.
It is mentioned by Palp's that he can create life, in the attempt to lure him to the darkside, but he never says that he had a hand in creating him.

So, its a theory only because of what Sidious says that a certain Sith,(and we must assume, his apprentice) could do.

George never goes into detail, saying only that he is the chosen one, and that he fullfills the prophecy.

sithsaber408
The prophecy says that a Jedi born of the will of the Force will bring balance to the Force.

It's left up to the viewer, with all the info. given, to decide if his being born of the will of the Force was all on it's own, or wether the Sith created him.

My opinion is that it was the Will of the Force for the sith to create him, and for him to bring balance to the force by reducing the Jedi and Sith back to 0, and then starting over again with Luke.

But that's only my opinion stick out tongue ....

Cascador
Well since it's also George's opinion I see that as cannon and what is said about "creating the perfect" pupil is only a theory to make Anakin more mysterious...the database likes to f*** with our minds I think...making us believe that the Sith created him and making us think that either Boba is dead or maybe he's still alive....

sithsaber408
Well since it's also George's opinion I see that as cannon and what is said about "creating the perfect" pupil is only a theory to make Anakin more mysterious...the database likes to f*** with our minds I think...making us believe that the Sith created him and making us think that either Boba is dead or maybe he's still alive....

Right. smile

But George's opinion doesn't say that he wasn't created by Palp's or Plag's..... it only says that he was born of the Will of the Force... and that he is the chosen one... and that he fullfills the prophecy.... am I making any sense?

It's my opinion, that due to it being in the "official" stick out tongue Chronology, it being in the database, and Rick Mcallum saying so on the dvd that it is at least VERY POSSIBLE for the Sith to create him/him be created of the will of the force at the same time.

Oh, and as for Bobba... GL says on the EPVI dvd commentary that he almost shot the scene for bobba coming out of the pit, and that most people don't think that he died anyway, so that MIGHT make it GL's opinion as well....does that mean that it is cannon too... or a theory? confused (probably why it's in the database)

Cascador
yeah but if George says he was created by the will of the Force, that just means that he wasn't created by plagueis or sidious...Its one or another...They can influence midi-chlorians, but they can't influence the will of the Force to create life.

About Boba, the databank doesn't say he died, from the movies point of view, the sarlacc became his house and his reputation came to an end there, so in theory he didn't die!

sithsaber408
yeah but if George says he was created by the will of the Force, that just means that he wasn't created by plagueis or sidious...Its one or another...They can influence midi-chlorians, but they can't influence the will of the Force to create life.

About Boba, the databank doesn't say he died, from the movies point of view, the sarlacc became his house and his reputation came to an end there, so in theory he didn't die!

Who are we to say that the Force isn't more like God?

Perhaps it was the will of the force for the sith to create him.

Maybe the force doesn't actively have to birth him, for it to be "the will of the Force" in him being born.

The Sith(my opinion, now) were doing the will of the Force,unknowingly, when they created the chosen one.

Oh, and bobba: laughing that's a good point.

Cascador
you just dont like what I say, but's still the truth hehe

if you don't even understand what the will of the Force is, its pointless to debate with you!stick out tongue

sithsaber408
No, I like what you have to say.

You have good points.

There are two ways to look at this... we both agree.

A): Either he was created by the Force acting solely on it's own, impregnating Shmi to carry out a prophecy....

B): Or the Sith created him by their use of midichlorians to create life.

So who is to say that A. couldn't have been accomplished through B.

I find no definition (in the movies, anyway) of what "the Will of the Force" is, other than Qui-gon saying that the midichlorians continually speak to a Jedi, telling them the will of the Force.

So, with that logic, the will of the force could speak to/influence the sith to discover the secret....create Anakin.... and therby fulfill the prophecy of an immaculate born Jedi(which he was) who will bring balance to the Force(which he did.)

I understand the will of the force just as well as you wink (the concept, anyway) but since we are given no concrete definition of what it means.... I am more subjective about how it could operate. cool

Cascador

sithsaber408
I thought the force was out of balance by there being so many Jedi, and their blindness to the obviousness of the corruption of the republic,senate, etc.

The sith do the will of the force by wiping them out. laughing

Then when the sith are too strong, it reverses and they are destroyed, again, this is the will of the force (my opinion).

I get what your'e saying though.

Fine, I change it from "the sith created anakin" to "maybe the sith created anakin", (I thought we agreed that it was a possiblity confused )

Oh, and off record:

Being that McCallum was highly involved in the whole PT, all the way from the first draft of the script in'94 to the end, with George telling him all the new ideas he's thought of on a daily basis(McCallum moans about this on both EPII and III commentaries stick out tongue)....why do you think he said that in the opera scene palps gives away both his plan/anakins origins when he talks about Darth Plagueis.....just to stir up fans/idiots like me?

Cascador
yup! he wants to give a twist to it...was it all a lie...or was it not

Btw McCallum is knows for lying! didn't he also say the line "I have a bad feeling about this" would be said bye someone who didn't say it before?

He lies a lot my friend! accept it hehe

anyway, you do know why palp said it to anakin right that plagueis could create life?

sithsaber408
yup! he wants to give a twist to it...was it all a lie...or was it not

Btw McCallum is knows for lying! didn't he also say the line "I have a bad feeling about this" would be said bye someone who didn't say it before?

He lies a lot my friend! accept it hehe

anyway, you do know why palp said it to anakin right that plagueis could create life?

Very well... I admit defeat. stick out tongue

Hats off to you CAS, there are few people in this world who can change my mind about anything StarWars. wink

1.) Yeah, I know why Palps said it... (class joins in) "TO TRICK ANAKIN"

2.) Yeah, McCallum is a bastard. A fat, overpaid, rat bastard. I never liked him... even way back on EpisodeI, on the documentary "The Beginning" he's in the desert with his smokes, cussing up a storm (I used to smoke and still swear but...) when the pods break, being a prick to the crew members.... and to top it all off... at the end of the doc they show the midnight premier of TPM in San Francisco... there's kids there,costumes and all, who have been waiting with their parents for hours... and he says over the microphone to the whole theatre:

"This is F*CKING awesome!"

Definitely Hollywood, Definitely NOT starwars.

(maybe HE was created by the SITH evil face )

Jack Daniels
I still say they were all drunk of Jack and just forgot who annies daddy was...LOL!!!

Sorgo

Damnit! Stop calling him Anny?

THERE IS NO "Y" IN HIS NAME FOR CHRISTS SAKE!

Council#13
Anny is a nickname, but i thought it was "annie" not "anny". isnt that right, sorgie?

Cascador
mostly it's annie or ani...I haven't read another!

overlord
Ah.. Just say Anakin so you won't look stupid. That's the best advice...

Jack Daniels
what? okay im cuttin everbody off n finishing all your drinks...lol

Jack Daniels
wait i thought we were in queeqs?....ooops...lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.