Marvel's top fighters vs DC's top fighters

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AcousticDoc
Who would win in a fight between marvel's top fighters and DCs? The DC hierarchy is normally: Shiva, Batgirl, Richard Dragon, Bronze Tiger, Batman, Connor Hawke and some other people I'm not too familiar with. I'm actually not too sure what marvel's hierarchy is. I'd guess Shang Chi, Stick, Lin Kuen, Iron fist, Captain america and more people but I'm really not sure. Hmm maybe we should clarify marvel's hierarchy first...

Sixth_Winged
Hmmmm...honestly dunno. This is pretty tough unless a definitive roster is provided. Some Marvel Streetleveller's or fighters usually have skills that might pass them off as metas like Ironfist. Then again, BG is the definitive bullet timer.

Probably wait for some more people to pitch in.

golem370
Shang Chi
Stick
Lin Kuen
Iron fist
Captain America
Wolverine
Sabretooth
Master
Daredevil
Bullseye
Mantis
Gamora

hoorayforpeepee
i would say...Gamora, Shang Chi, Iron Fist, Stick, Captain America against Batman, Batgirl (cassie), Shiva, Richard Dragon, and Connor Hawke.

golem370
Wolverine is a better fighter then Captain America thou

spetznaz
Originally posted by AcousticDoc
Who would win in a fight between marvel's top fighters and DCs? The DC hierarchy is normally: Shiva, Batgirl, Richard Dragon, Bronze Tiger, Batman, Connor Hawke and some other people I'm not too familiar with. I'm actually not too sure what marvel's hierarchy is. I'd guess Shang Chi, Stick, Lin Kuen, Iron fist, Captain america and more people but I'm really not sure. Hmm maybe we should clarify marvel's hierarchy first...

The top in DC is Karate Kid.
However he has abilities that are so meta that even pre-crisis Superboy had trouble.

Then comes Batman1Million in the number 2 position.
However he also knows trans-galactic martial arts (including telepathic martial moves), hence I doubt he could be categorized as truly 'normal.'

The above 2 are above everyone else. The number 3 position (be it Shiva, Cassandra Cain, or Richard Dragon) doesn't even come close to any of them.
Not even close .....not even by a light year.

Then comes everyone else you listed there, with Shiva, Batgirl (Cassandra), Dragon, and Hawke having great standing.
The best amongst this is actually Shiva, even though Batgirl now has the title 'the one who is above all.' Shiva seems to be mocking her even when everyone else is bowing before BG. However, even though I'd say Shiva is better, Batgirl is a character that could defeat Shiva (and Shiva is a character that could defeat Batgirl).
Dragon is another interesting character, since in his limtied series he COULD have killed Shiva (but he was interrupted by one of her guards, after which they started fighting again at which point Shiva killed him by driving all of her fingers into his head, through his skull, and piercing his brain). However Dragon (who also knows THAT move as well), would have used the same move on Shiva had the fight not been intefered with.
Hence one could easily say that Shiva, Batgirl, and Richard Dragon SHARE the number 3 spot.
Any of them could arguably beat the other.
The only thing is that Batgirl does have other skill-sets that make her almost meta (eg dodging a fullisade of bullets from point-blank range, sensing someone drawing a bead on her with a sniper rifle, appearing to have 2.6 times human strength and 4.2 times human speed, catching shurikens from the air with her finger tips, PLAYING AROUND WITH BIZARRO GIRL LIKE IT WAS A JOKE!!!!!).
ALthough on the other hand Shiva was able to bring a person (Batgirl) from the dead.
And Dragon (like Shiva) can kill with a touch (or, if they want a more direct route, just drive their fingers through human skulls).

Then there is DeathStroke (who I would actually rank at slightly below Batgirl, and who is actually crazy in both talent and abilities ....eg healing factor, immortality, speed and strength advantages etc).

Conner comes after them.

And obviously Bruce Wayne with his 127 martial systems.
Then there is, ofcourse, characters like Onyx (the bald female who used to be a member of the League of Assassins and is now a good guy), and the Bronze Tiger.
And not to forget Black Canary, who is probably better than Bronze Tiger (or at least easily has the potential to outshine him since Shiva wanted her to leave everything and come learn directly from her, and to become her protege. For Shiva to invite her means she has serious potential).

Then below these folks come dudes like Shrike.
And then below Shrike comes Nightwing (Grayson) and Robin (Drake). The reason I put Shrike above the two is because Grayson was almost killed by Shrike (and would have been killed had he not been rescued by Canary and Oracle), and Shrike beat Robin to within an inch of his life until Batgirl rescued him. Actually Robin couldn't even do squat to Shrike, yet Batgirl thrashed Shrike like he was a plaything (in Robin/Batgirl: Fresh Blood). Thus Shrike is definitely higher than Nightwing and Robin, and in fact he is even better now since after being beaten by Batgirl he went into training and by Batgirl 71 was far better (he was still thrashed by Batgirl all the same LOL).

Then come the other members of the League of Assassins ....eg Kitty Kumbata, Momotado, Wam Wam, that dude from Angola (the black Capoeira guy, whatever his name is), Tigris, Los Gemelos, Ox, Alpha etc etc etc.
And ofcourse, Mad Dog.
Although I think several of these guys match Robin and N'wing, although most do not (as was shown in the Richard Dragon limited series where N'Wing faced off against some of them, obviously with the help of Dragon and Bronze Tiger).
However some, eg Shrike .....and DEFINITELY Mad Dog, easily surpass Drake and Grayson.
Shrike by a good margin.
Mad Dog by a great margin.

DC hierachy ....based on my opinion.
Others may have a different ranking system, and I may have left off some characters, but I am happy with this.

Mav
I agree with spetznaz, especially with the Karate Kid mention...

You guys forgot Deathstroke though. Don't count him out on having meta powers because Iron Fist has them too, and he is listed.

dman2008
Dc martial Artists wins

LethalFemme
where's wonder woman?

Tron
I think they mean top fighters that can't make someone's head explode in one punch.

LethalFemme
Originally posted by Tron
I think they mean top fighters that can't make someone's head explode in one punch.

oh so weak ass ppl? lol

Dizzle
Actually, for training, Wonderwoman has proven to be better than Batman. Apparently, she also fought Shiva, Killer Croc, and Cheetah (the crappy one) without powers and stomped em all. Even powerless, Diana is supposed to be a sueprb martial artist. Which makes you wonder why Batgirl can take Bizarro Supergirl, who is leagues better physically, but Wonderwoman consistantly gets beaten down by Superman.

Anyhoo... DC probably wins, regardless. In pure martial arts skill, DC has KK and Batman 1 Million, against Marvels top tier, which is probably Mantis, followed by Gamora. Champion would be up there too. I still doubt all of them combined would touch the fury that is Karate Kid though.

If you go by "humans"... Shiva, Richard Dragon, and Batgirl dominate pretty much any competitors. Marvel has like... Logan, Cap, and Shang Chi.

Tron
Originally posted by LethalFemme
oh so weak ass ppl? lol

Well, if you compare them to Wonder Woman, then yeah.

LethalFemme
Well, if you compare them to Wonder Woman, then yeah.

so weak ass ppl lol

Tron
so weak ass ppl lol

Basically

LethalFemme
Basically

thanks for clarifying lol

brainchild81
Shang Chi, Taskmaster and DD would likely beat the hell out of anybody hand to hand.

Adam Warlock
Gamora and Mantis will take the Kid..

Tron
thanks for clarifying lol

Anytime.wink

King_Mungi
Boooo how can you have a list of top fighters and not have "The Master" of the world?

King KAM
Originally posted by golem370
Shang Chi
Stick
Lin Kuen
Iron fist
Captain America
Wolverine
Sabretooth
Master
Daredevil
Bullseye
Mantis
Gamora Your on Crack, Captain America would whoop on all those guys in h2h, heres the REAL list

for marvel

Captain America
Wolverine
Deadpool
Black Panther
Iron Fist/Shang Chi
and then so on and so on.....

roughrider
I thought Black Canary was supposed to be in the Top 3 for martial arts at DC. And Green Arrow Top 5.

King KAM
Originally posted by roughrider
I thought Black Canary was supposed to be in the Top 3 for martial arts at DC. And Green Arrow Top 5. green arrow is in the top 3, with Shiva and Bats.

but technically Karate Kid is #1.

LethalFemme
Anytime.wink

really? eek! stick out tongue lol

superbatman86
Originally posted by spetznaz
The top in DC is Karate Kid.
However he has abilities that are so meta that even pre-crisis Superboy had trouble.

Then comes Batman1Million in the number 2 position.
However he also knows trans-galactic martial arts (including telepathic martial moves), hence I doubt he could be categorized as truly 'normal.'

The above 2 are above everyone else. The number 3 position (be it Shiva, Cassandra Cain, or Richard Dragon) doesn't even come close to any of them.
Not even close .....not even by a light year.

Then comes everyone else you listed there, with Shiva, Batgirl (Cassandra), Dragon, and Hawke having great standing.
The best amongst this is actually Shiva, even though Batgirl now has the title 'the one who is above all.' Shiva seems to be mocking her even when everyone else is bowing before BG. However, even though I'd say Shiva is better, Batgirl is a character that could defeat Shiva (and Shiva is a character that could defeat Batgirl).
Dragon is another interesting character, since in his limtied series he COULD have killed Shiva (but he was interrupted by one of her guards, after which they started fighting again at which point Shiva killed him by driving all of her fingers into his head, through his skull, and piercing his brain). However Dragon (who also knows THAT move as well), would have used the same move on Shiva had the fight not been intefered with.
Hence one could easily say that Shiva, Batgirl, and Richard Dragon SHARE the number 3 spot.
Any of them could arguably beat the other.
The only thing is that Batgirl does have other skill-sets that make her almost meta (eg dodging a fullisade of bullets from point-blank range, sensing someone drawing a bead on her with a sniper rifle, appearing to have 2.6 times human strength and 4.2 times human speed, catching shurikens from the air with her finger tips, PLAYING AROUND WITH BIZARRO GIRL LIKE IT WAS A JOKE!!!!!).
ALthough on the other hand Shiva was able to bring a person (Batgirl) from the dead.
And Dragon (like Shiva) can kill with a touch (or, if they want a more direct route, just drive their fingers through human skulls).

Then there is DeathStroke (who I would actually rank at slightly below Batgirl, and who is actually crazy in both talent and abilities ....eg healing factor, immortality, speed and strength advantages etc).

Conner comes after them.

And obviously Bruce Wayne with his 127 martial systems.
Then there is, ofcourse, characters like Onyx (the bald female who used to be a member of the League of Assassins and is now a good guy), and the Bronze Tiger.
And not to forget Black Canary, who is probably better than Bronze Tiger (or at least easily has the potential to outshine him since Shiva wanted her to leave everything and come learn directly from her, and to become her protege. For Shiva to invite her means she has serious potential).

Then below these folks come dudes like Shrike.
And then below Shrike comes Nightwing (Grayson) and Robin (Drake). The reason I put Shrike above the two is because Grayson was almost killed by Shrike (and would have been killed had he not been rescued by Canary and Oracle), and Shrike beat Robin to within an inch of his life until Batgirl rescued him. Actually Robin couldn't even do squat to Shrike, yet Batgirl thrashed Shrike like he was a plaything (in Robin/Batgirl: Fresh Blood). Thus Shrike is definitely higher than Nightwing and Robin, and in fact he is even better now since after being beaten by Batgirl he went into training and by Batgirl 71 was far better (he was still thrashed by Batgirl all the same LOL).

Then come the other members of the League of Assassins ....eg Kitty Kumbata, Momotado, Wam Wam, that dude from Angola (the black Capoeira guy, whatever his name is), Tigris, Los Gemelos, Ox, Alpha etc etc etc.
And ofcourse, Mad Dog.
Although I think several of these guys match Robin and N'wing, although most do not (as was shown in the Richard Dragon limited series where N'Wing faced off against some of them, obviously with the help of Dragon and Bronze Tiger).
However some, eg Shrike .....and DEFINITELY Mad Dog, easily surpass Drake and Grayson.
Shrike by a good margin.
Mad Dog by a great margin.

DC hierachy ....based on my opinion.
Others may have a different ranking system, and I may have left off
some characters, but I am happy with this.
Nightwing just recently DEMOLISHED shrike BADLY.And this was after he fought all of BlockBusters other fighters.And he wasn't even going allout

spetznaz
Originally posted by superbatman86
Nightwing just recently DEMOLISHED shrike BADLY.And this was after he fought all of BlockBusters other fighters.And he wasn't even going allout
I haven't read that one yet (give me an issue no. and I will be glad to check it out ....not that I do not believe you, I do, just that it would be interesting to see how Nwing handled himself). However I am curious how N'wing could have 'recently' demolished Shrike (after he 'fought all of Blockbuster's other fighters') when Blockbuster died some time back? How is that recent?

Anyways;
The one I have had Shrike basically mopping the floor with N'wing. If N'Wing has got better than that I'd be very interested in reading the issue, thus I'd appreciate an issue no.
Thanks.

Also this month's Batgirl has a new and improved Shrike who is far better than he used to be ....he is actually trying to be Shiva's heir.
Batgirl still mops the floor with him though. LOL.

joesha28
Originally posted by King KAM
Your on Crack, Captain America would whoop on all those guys in h2h, heres the REAL list

for marvel

Captain America
Wolverine
Deadpool
Black Panther
Iron Fist/Shang Chi
and then so on and so on.....

Iron Fist and Shang-Chi dominates the top 3 spot. Iron Fist has beaten Black Panther b4.

Psycho Ninja
Yeah, spetz, how did you know that Richard Dragon could do the same technique which Shiva used to kill him??

And if this is a fight rather than a comparison.... dont include metahumas (Slade, Wolverine, Gamora)

Cassandra Cain isnt meta, why ?? Because DC said so !!!

Anyway, is you wanna include the Champion of the Universe...... heck, Batman 1m would still his soul away !!!

joesha28
Injuries at the hands of Iron Fist during the battle in Black Panther III#39 caused the Black Panther's aneurism, which caused him problems in the later issues. The new series gave him a case of "got better," though.

Psycho Ninja
Wait till Tron reads that !!! Or did he..........??

joesha28
Anyway Wolvie is not the best in h2h combat. Silver Samurai stick his sword into Logan. ONLY thanks to his healing factor he survived. HF saves the day for Logan, if not he's down for the count.

Juntai
Originally posted by Dizzle
Actually, for training, Wonderwoman has proven to be better than Batman. Apparently, she also fought Shiva, Killer Croc, and Cheetah (the crappy one) without powers and stomped em all. Even powerless, Diana is supposed to be a sueprb martial artist. Which makes you wonder why Batgirl can take Bizarro Supergirl, who is leagues better physically, but Wonderwoman consistantly gets beaten down by Superman. The reason is... Although not neccisarily a martial artist... Superman is much higher of a caliber of fighter than people give him credit for.

spetznaz
Originally posted by Psycho Ninja
Yeah, spetz, how did you know that Richard Dragon could do the same technique which Shiva used to kill him??

And if this is a fight rather than a comparison.... dont include metahumas (Slade, Wolverine, Gamora)

Cassandra Cain isnt meta, why ?? Because DC said so !!!

Anyway, is you wanna include the Champion of the Universe...... heck, Batman 1m would still his soul away !!!

Erm, is ALL of that directed towards me? For one I never even mentioned Champion of the Universe etc etc etc.

Anyways, let me answer the paragraph/sentence that had my name on it ....basically how I know that Richard Dragon could do the same technique that Shiva used to kill him.
How did I know?
Here are the ways:

1)Well, simply put, because I have read (and still have) the 12-issue Richard Dragon limited series (the final issue came out June 2005).
In those issues Richard Dragon is shown being taught the Leopard Blow by Shiva (when he was younger). Shiva tells Dragon that that is the final lesson she has to teach him.

2) He is also shown using it to kill a fighter when he used to be involved in bloodsports (this is not how he kills the person in the fight in the first issue, but it is in one of the later issues where he drives his fingers through an opponents skull).

3) Richard Dragon is ALSO shown almost killing one of Shiva's circle of 6 assassins, and was about to use the LEopard Blow (which had Kitty Bambata going ecstatic since she claimed that she had never seen anyone else, apart from Lady Shiva, use the leopard blow). However Richard did not kill the assassin (I believe it was the Israeli ex-mossad dude) because Bronze Tiger said that would ruin any hope of continued friendship between them.

4) And finally, in the 12th issue where Shiva is fighting Dragon, as he is about to kill Shiva (before the fight is messed up by one of Shiva's serfs), he says the following to Shiva (while having his fingers extended, ready to strike):

'I showed her mercy. She'll never forgive me for that. I give her what she wants. I honor my end of the deal. I owe her that much. I hate her that much. I love her that much. THE LEOPARD BLOW. THE GIFT SHE GAVE ME. NOW, I RETURN IT.'

Those are four seperate examples I can think of whereby Dragon is shown either using the blow or knowing how to use it.
Thus he can definitely use the blow.

The series was actually very very very good.
Extremely good.
It was also nice how it tied up with other charcaters in DC ....for example how Bruce Wayne showed up with a bag of cash, and just threw it at Dragon so that he could go through intensive training. Other characters show up, ranging from Nightwing, to a bunch of crazy martial artists (including the brotherhood of the monkey fist), and even Neron.
Good series.

Sodo
In all respect to Marvel characters, DC would probably win. Unless you're talking about the old Batgirl. Yuck.

superbatman86
Originally posted by spetznaz
I haven't read that one yet (give me an issue no. and I will be glad to check it out ....not that I do not believe you, I do, just that it would be interesting to see how Nwing handled himself). However I am curious how N'wing could have 'recently' demolished Shrike (after he 'fought all of Blockbuster's other fighters') when Blockbuster died some time back? How is that recent?

Anyways;
The one I have had Shrike basically mopping the floor with N'wing. If N'Wing has got better than that I'd be very interested in reading the issue, thus I'd appreciate an issue no.
Thanks.

Also this month's Batgirl has a new and improved Shrike who is far better than he used to be ....he is actually trying to be Shiva's heir.
Batgirl still mops the floor with him though. LOL.
He fights him #91 I think.And this was before BB was killed.Shrike calls himself Nw's arch-enemy and then NW tells him he isn't worth thinking about and then beats the hell out of him.Shrike lands one shot the entire fight.Then ties him up and waits for blockbuster(who runs away)

joesha28
Maybe someone shld give the right list.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.